|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are a philosopher and a street porter the same?
(a) Their first six years of life would have been very similar.
(b) Their desire and motivations would be very similar.
(c) Their goals for life would be very similar.
(d) Their family life would be very similar.
2. What kind of revenue is made from the interest on money?
(a) Taxable revenue.
(b) Derivative revenue.
(c) Laborless revenue.
(d) Renewable revenue.
3. Which occupation requires a great town?
4. What was one problem with the use of rude metals?
(a) Weighing them.
(b) Keeping them safe.
(c) Mining them.
(d) Transporting them.
5. What year was the Bank of England allowed to enlarge its capital stock?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real price of a thing a person wants?
2. According to the text, what does this saying describe: "Give me that which I want, and you shall have this which you want"?
3. How many times more goods on a broad-wheeled wagon can be carried from London to Edinburgh by water-carriage in the same amount of time?
4. In every occupation, what is the general proportion between circulating and fixed capital?
5. By the nature of things, what must there be before the division of labor in a particular job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would happen at the end of a war, if the enemy confiscated the gold upon which the losing country's paper money was based?
2. What three circumstances increase the quantity of work as a consequence of the division of labor?
3. Who commonly makes improvements in manufacturing machinery?
4. What is the difference between the real price of a commodity and the nominal price of a commodity?
5. Why do commercial nations use coins of different kinds of metals?
6. What was the purpose of the first public stamps affixed to metals?
7. How is the circulating capital of a society different from that of an individual?
8. Circulating capital which affords a revenue is composed of four parts. What are those four parts?
9. What two values does the workman add to manufactured materials?
10. In all countries, why are precious metals the preferred means of commerce?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)