|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does an individual live within a civilized society?
(a) He is completely independent of other people.
(b) He needs the cooperation and assistance of only his friends.
(c) His dependence or independence is entirely up to him.
(d) He needs the cooperation and assistance of many other people.
2. A part of which area was included in ancient Scythia?
3. To what price do all commodities gravitate?
(a) The stated price.
(b) The nominal price.
(c) The natural price.
(d) The effectual price.
4. In the ancient world, what was considered a most wonderful and dangerous exploit of navigation?
(a) To sail down an unknown coast.
(b) To sail with a woman on board.
(c) To sail out of the Streights of Gibraltar.
(d) To not invoke the gods' blessings on the journey.
5. What opens an even more extensive market to every sort of industry?
(a) Improved inland transporation.
(b) Faster horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the original form of the metals used for commerce?
2. Under what circumstance would every man have to perform exactly the same duties and do exactly the same work?
3. What commodity would a butcher be unlikely to exchange for?
4. What is capital?
5. What was the common instrument of commerce among the ancient Spartans?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)