|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not a reason for the increase of the quantity of work under division of labor?
(a) The employment of more workmen.
(b) The increase of the workmen's dexterity.
(c) Time efficiencies.
(d) The invention of machines which enable one man to do the work of many.
2. Which country's inland navigation caused its early improvement?
3. What kind of person depends chiefly on the benevolence of this fellow citizens?
(a) A child.
(b) An unemployed man.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A woman.
4. What is one consequence for society where the division of labor is practiced?
(a) Manufacturing is always growing.
(b) All men are capable of learning a new trade.
(c) There is no unemployment.
(d) Wealth is enjoyed by even the lowest classes of people.
5. How does division of labor affect the time required for the manufacturing process?
(a) It lengthens the overall time of production.
(b) It lengthens the time of production while producing a better product.
(c) It reduces the time between a workman's different tasks.
(d) It reduces the time for a product to be completed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the dispositions that form the difference of talents of various professions considered?
2. Originally, what did sailors fear?
3. How are a philosopher and a street porter the same?
4. Where are the separation of different trades and employments from one another generally found?
5. How long would it take for a broad-wheeled wagon, attended by two men, and drawn by eight horses, to carry four tons of goods between London and Edinburgh?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)