|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not a reason for the increase of the quantity of work under division of labor?
(a) The employment of more workmen.
(b) The invention of machines which enable one man to do the work of many.
(c) Time efficiencies.
(d) The increase of the workmen's dexterity.
2. How does an individual live within a civilized society?
(a) His dependence or independence is entirely up to him.
(b) He needs the cooperation and assistance of many other people.
(c) He is completely independent of other people.
(d) He needs the cooperation and assistance of only his friends.
3. What limits the extent of the division of labor?
(a) The raw products.
(b) The population.
(c) The market.
(d) The workmen.
4. What is the common instrument of commerce and exchanges in Abyssinia?
5. In the ancient world, what was considered a most wonderful and dangerous exploit of navigation?
(a) To not invoke the gods' blessings on the journey.
(b) To sail with a woman on board.
(c) To sail out of the Streights of Gibraltar.
(d) To sail down an unknown coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the division of labor do for a manufacturer?
2. What three ways do we obtain from one another the greater part of those mutual good offices which we stand in need of?
3. What is one characteristic of the Mediterranean Sea which made it favorable for infant navigation?
4. What can be said for division of labor for all kinds of manufacturing?
5. A part of which area was included in ancient Scythia?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)