|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ordinary or average rates of wages, profit, and rent may also be called what?
(a) The natural rates.
(b) The derived rates.
(c) The common rates.
(d) The commodity rates.
2. What kind of revenue constitutes the whole annual produce of the a country's land and labor?
(a) Net revenue.
(b) Gross revenue.
(c) Production revenue.
(d) Consumption revenue.
3. What kind of revenue is made from the interest on money?
(a) Taxable revenue.
(b) Renewable revenue.
(c) Laborless revenue.
(d) Derivative revenue.
4. How are capitals increased?
(a) By industry.
(b) By misconduct.
(c) By prodigality.
(d) By parsimony.
5. What year was the Bank of England allowed to enlarge its capital stock?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word expressed the weight or quantity of metal contained in the first coins?
2. What is it called when gold purchases goods in one foreign country in order to supply the consumption of another?
3. What is another name for paper money?
4. In the rude ages of society, what was the common instrument of commerce?
5. What does a man expect when he employs his stock as capital?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)