Book 1, Chapter 1
• The introductory material discusses whether spelling changes in different editions have influenced the accuracy of the book.
• In the 1770s, the first published edition was in two volumes.
• In the first volume, Protestants were persecuted. This persecution was still present in the second volume, but in a more moderate way.
• At the end of the introduction, the editor summarizes the principles of the main text.
• The main text will explain industriousness, division of labor, and security.
• The editor also writes about the emergence of government in Britain and its relationship to trade.
Book 1, Chapter 2
• The editor's introduction emphasizes that the author took 27 years to complete the work.
• The author sets forth a theory about the division of labor determined largely by the marketplace.
• The annual product of a nation and its money are two crucial factors.
• Book 1 describes the division of labor and how it works...
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)