|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes up Bigwig?
2. What does the General order his rabbits to dig out from the dog?
3. Who does El-ahrairah say is planning to honor the dog?
4. What did Bigwig earlier lead to the Owsla?
5. What does Woundwort think when he sees Fiver?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Adams use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the novel's characterization. How well drawn do you think Adams' characters are? Select one of the minor characters and discuss how much you know about his or her background. In what ways does Adams provide the reader with information about that character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the story as an allegory.
1) What is the story an allegory of and what signifies it is an allegory?
2) In 300 words write why it is either an effective or ineffective allegory?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)