|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of his body was Hazel shot?
2. What is the name of the river?
3. What is the name of the most powerful King?
4. Who sees the floating piece of wood?
5. What time during the day do the rabbits start their journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Woundwort show his true colors in chapter 45?
2. Why does the sentry have to report Bigwig?
3. Describe Fiver.
4. Describe how the rabbits help the domesticated rabbits to escape?
5. How does Woundwort try to get into the Honeycomb warren?
6. What does Fiver see in his vision?
7. How does El-ahrairah trick the dog in chapter 41?
8. In what way is Holly acting strangely in chapter 20?
9. Why is El-ahrairah forced to live in the marshes in the King Lettuce story?
10. How do Blackberry and Dandelion get the dog to the warren?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the difference between the characters of Bigwig and Hazel.
1) What is it about Bigwig's character that makes him use violence to get people to obey? In what way is Bigwig used to using violence?
2) What is it about Hazel's character that makes him peaceful?
3) In what way do the students think both Hazel's diplomacy and Bigwig's aggressive behavior could come in useful?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss its goals and motives. Does it achieve its motive? Why? Does it share similar goals and motives with other characters? Does its goals clash with other characters? How do the character's goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways can Watership Down be seen as children's book in terms of the following?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)