|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the cowslip from Fiver?
2. Which two characters dig burrows in the woods?
3. For what does the farmer use the rabbits?
4. What does Hazel thank Bigwig for doing?
5. Who tries to speak to the bird?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the rabbits escape Woundwort?
2. In what way does the King Lettuce story parallel their existence in chapter 15?
3. In what way does Hazel use the qualities of his rabbit team?
4. Who is El-ahrairah?
5. Describe life in the rabbits' new warren?
6. What does the black rabbit represent?
7. Why does Fiver not want to raid the farm in chapter 25?
8. What happens to Hazel at the end of the story?
9. In what could Woundwort be seen as a hero?
10. In what way is Fiver becoming more involved in helping his brother in chapter 33?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way can Adams' representation of women be seen as negative? Do the students think this portrayal reflects rabbit culture or is there more to it than that?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Adams' writing style. How would you describe Adams' prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Adams' style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Adams' dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)