|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yazmin gets a text message from Elliot's dad while she and Elliot are talking on the phone, what does it say?
(a) "Don't tell Elliot how dire the situation is" (Location 348).
(b) "Waiting for Elliot till we turn off the machine" (Location 348).
(c) "Turning off the breathing machine unless you text back soon" (Location 348).
(d) "Tell Elliot to call me right away" (Location 348).
2. What is the name of Chutes and Ladders's son, whom he has not seen in a long time?
3. How much does Yazmin guess that she and Elliot will get for Haikumom's computer at the pawnshop?
4. When Yazmin is trying to talk to Elliot about his past drug issues, he tries to walk away from the conversation. What causes him to ultimately stay?
(a) Elliot has a vision of Ginny's face.
(b) Yazmin begins to cry.
(c) The ghost blocks his path.
(d) Yazmin threatens to tell Elliot's buddies from the neighborhood.
5. What two weapons does Fountainhead say he plans to use in his fight against his addiction?
(a) Willpower and lots of Narcotics Anonymous meetings.
(b) Willpower and the experts.
(c) Love for his son and willpower.
(d) Willpower and intense self-hatred.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orangutan reports her research findings to ChutesAndLadders while she waits at the Sapporo train station, what government goal does she give for the project's implementation?
2. At what point does ChutesAndLadders hang up once his son answers his father's first call in many years?
3. What illness does Ginny have?
4. How long does Orangutan stay away from the addiction support forum when it causes HaikuMom and ChutesAndLadders to worry about her?
5. What is the name of the professor that translates Elliot's memorized Arabic phrase for him?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)