|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Yazmin and Elliot?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) Yazmin is Elliot's aunt.
2. In her thirteenth year, Yazmin's music teacher listened to one of her compositions and called it pretty. What simile did he use to characterize her piece of music?
(a) Like an outfit in which everything matches.
(b) Like a phone with no ringer.
(c) Like a neatly tied bow.
(d) Like a pizza with all of its toppings arranged neatly.
3. Why does ChutesAndLadders look forward so much to the Tuesday crossword puzzle in the newspaper?
(a) It is more difficult than the other days' puzzles and presents him with a challenge.
(b) It is easier than the other days' puzzles and instills him with confidence.
(c) It has a movie theme.
(d) It has a music theme.
4. How many days of sobriety does Orangutan announce she has when she comes back online after a long absence?
5. In HaikuMom's first online haiku poem of the play, what does she suggest people on the forum do when they get restless?
(a) Write a haiku of their own.
(b) Speak words of kindness to a friend.
(c) Go for a stroll by the river.
(d) Buy a flower, water it, and watch it bloom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orangutan's comment to Fountainhead after he announces his relapse is that maybe he will make it to Day 30 of sobriety if he takes what action?
2. What item does HaikuMom tell ChutesAndLadders that she is going to buy for him?
3. What is NOT one thing that Orangutan lists among the items that she buys with her paychecks from teaching?
4. What object does Elliot smash at work when he gets word of his mom's decline in health?
5. What does Elliot say he wants Ginny's funeral wreath to resemble?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)