• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Hudes, Quiara Alegria. Water by the Spoonful. Theatre Communications Group, 2012. E-book.
• Before the first scene of the play appears, there is a note about the play Water By the Spoonful's inclusion within The Elliot Trilogy: Eliot, A Soldier's Fugue, Water by the Spoonful, and The Happiest Song Plays Last.
• Therefore, the play Water by the Spoonful is the second play in a trilogy created by Hudes.
• In Scene 1, cousins Yazmin and Elliot are eating breakfast together at a diner in Philadelphia.
• Yazmin has arranged a meeting with an unknown person who will soon be joining their group.
• Elliot prevails upon Yazmin for help with his mother's headstrong ways that are causing her to eat unhealthily while going through chemotherapy treatments for her cancer.
• Elliot reveals that he had been with his mom that...
This section contains 7,872 words
(approx. 27 pages at 300 words per page)