|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) As soon as she can sell the store.
(b) At dawn.
(c) Once she has a baby.
(d) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
2. Why does Tea Cake beat Janie?
(a) He wants to show the Turners who is boss.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) Janie tries to leave him.
(d) Janie cheats on him.
3. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
(a) Nunkie pretends to be sick for Tea Cake's sympathy
(b) Nunkie tells Tea Cake that Janie is cheating on him.
(c) Nunkie dresses provocatively.
(d) Nunkie teases and hits Tea Cake.
4. What is Tea Cake's job?
(a) Herding cattle.
(b) Cleaning floors.
(c) Baling hay.
(d) Picking beans.
5. What happens to Tea Cake as he and Janie are trying to get out of the water?
(a) A cow kicks him in the face.
(b) A dog bites him on the cheek.
(c) He gets swept away by the wind.
(d) Janie pushes him under water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Janie and Tea Cake go in Chapter 14?
2. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
3. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
4. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
5. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tea Cake do when Janie confronts him about Nunkie?
2. What makes the townspeople so mad about Janie seeing Tea Cake?
3. How does Mrs. Turner view blacks?
4. What does Janie say about the horizon at the end of her story?
5. Who is Annie Tyler?
6. How does Mrs. Turner react to Janie's snubbing of her?
7. Why is Janie jealous of Nunkie?
8. What does Janie tell Pheoby about marriage in Chapter 12?
9. What are Janie's suspicions about Tea Cake?
10. What happens to Tea Cake at the card game?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)