|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
(a) Stew Beef.
(b) Motor Boat.
2. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
(b) Twelve dollars.
(c) All of it.
(d) 100 dollars.
3. What is Tea Cake's job?
(a) Picking beans.
(b) Cleaning floors.
(c) Baling hay.
(d) Herding cattle.
4. What does Tea Cake teach Janie how to do in the Everglades?
(a) How to shoot.
(b) How to play guitar.
(c) How to sew.
(d) How to cook.
5. What do Janie and Tea Cake do when the picking season ends?
(a) They keep working the fields.
(b) They stay in the Everglades.
(c) They go on a long vacation to Mexico.
(d) They return to Eatonville.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
2. What does Janie find under Tea Cake's pillow?
3. What does Janie let Tea Cake do that none of the other men have been able to do?
4. What dessert do Tea Cake and Janie enjoy on the porch?
5. When is payday on the muck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the workers in the Everglades do for fun?
2. Why do the men get angry at Mrs. Turner?
3. What happens to Tea Cake at the card game?
4. What are Janie's suspicions about Tea Cake?
5. How does Pheoby react to Janie's story at the end of the novel?
6. What does Tea Cake do when Janie confronts him about Nunkie?
7. Compare Tea Cake's funeral to Joe Starks'.
8. How does Tea Cake die?
9. What does Janie tell Pheoby about marriage in Chapter 12?
10. How is the hurricane a metaphor for Janie's life?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)