|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
(b) All of it.
(c) Twelve dollars.
(d) 100 dollars.
2. What does Janie find under Tea Cake's pillow?
(a) A love note.
(c) Another woman's picture.
(d) A loaded pistol.
3. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
(a) Her husband's wealth.
(b) Her white features.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her good upbringing.
4. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
(b) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
(c) Because Janie has money.
(d) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
5. How does Tea Cake die?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He drinks poison.
(c) Janie shoots him in self-defense.
(d) He is stabbed in a bar fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
2. What do Janie and Tea Cake do when the picking season ends?
3. What is Tea Cake's job?
4. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
5. What does Janie wear to Tea Cake's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Janie jealous of Nunkie?
2. What are Janie's suspicions about Tea Cake?
3. How does Mrs. Turner react to Janie's snubbing of her?
4. What happens to Tea Cake at the card game?
5. Describe Janie's reaction when Tea Cake beats her.
6. Compare Tea Cake's funeral to Joe Starks'.
7. What does Janie say about the horizon at the end of her story?
8. Why does Tea Cake want Janie to work in the fields with him?
9. What things does Tea Cake do to show his love for Janie?
10. Who is Annie Tyler?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)