|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Pheoby to have a talk with Janie about Tea Cake?
(a) Matt Bonner.
(b) Sam Watson.
(d) Dr. Lawrence.
2. When is payday on the muck?
3. What does Janie wear to Tea Cake's funeral?
(b) A black veil.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A satin dress.
4. How do the townspeople feel about Janie's relationship with Tea Cake?
(a) They are mad about it.
(b) They want them to get married.
(c) They think Janie is taking advantage of Tea Cake.
(d) They think Tea Cake should be mayor.
5. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
(a) Nunkie is tall and thin.
(b) Nunkie is white.
(c) Nunkie is chunky.
(d) Nunkie looks like a movie star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Janie and Tea Cake go in Chapter 14?
2. What dessert do Tea Cake and Janie enjoy on the porch?
3. What does Janie take with her when she leaves?
4. Where do all the workers from the muck go for fun?
5. After finishing her story, Janie tells Pheoby "Ah done been tuh de _________." (Fill in the blank)
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the hurricane a metaphor for Janie's life?
2. What are Janie's suspicions about Tea Cake?
3. How does Mrs. Turner view blacks?
4. Compare Tea Cake's funeral to Joe Starks'.
5. What makes the townspeople so mad about Janie seeing Tea Cake?
6. Why does Tea Cake want Janie to work in the fields with him?
7. What do the workers in the Everglades do for fun?
8. How does Tea Cake die?
9. How does Mrs. Turner react to Janie's snubbing of her?
10. What does Janie say about the horizon at the end of her story?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)