|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tea Cake do when he returns to the store that melts Janie's decided coldness toward him?
(a) He plays an imaginary guitar.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He buys all the sodas she has in the store.
(d) He brings her flowers.
2. What does Tea Cake want to protect Janie from?
(a) The commonness of the railroad workers.
(b) The cruelty of the world.
(c) The lustful men in town.
(d) The dangerous bars in town.
3. What does Janie leave Eatonville wearing?
(b) A blue dress.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A funeral veil.
4. What does Janie let Tea Cake do that none of the other men have been able to do?
(a) Buy her a soda.
(b) Come up on her porch.
(c) Borrow some money.
(d) Take her to dinner.
5. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
(a) Nunkie is tall and thin.
(b) Nunkie is white.
(c) Nunkie is chunky.
(d) Nunkie looks like a movie star.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie find under Tea Cake's pillow?
2. What do the men who work with Tea Cake think of Mr. Turner?
3. When is payday on the muck?
4. Why don't the police make many arrests when the workers get drunk in town?
5. Why does Tea Cake want to stay on the muck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tea Cake at the card game?
2. How does Pheoby react to Janie's story at the end of the novel?
3. Compare Tea Cake's funeral to Joe Starks'.
4. What things does Tea Cake do to show his love for Janie?
5. How does Tea Cake die?
6. What makes the townspeople so mad about Janie seeing Tea Cake?
7. How does Mrs. Turner react to Janie's snubbing of her?
8. Why do the men get angry at Mrs. Turner?
9. Why is Janie jealous of Nunkie?
10. Describe Janie's reaction when Tea Cake beats her.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)