|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the money Janie has hidden in her dress?
(a) Tea Cake buys Janie a dress with it.
(b) Tea Cake takes the money and goes out on the town to see what it is like to be rich.
(c) Janie buries the money under her house.
(d) Tea Cake hides the money from Janie.
2. What is Tea Cake's job?
(a) Cleaning floors.
(b) Picking beans.
(c) Baling hay.
(d) Herding cattle.
3. What does Tea Cake do when Janie cannot swim anymore?
(a) He leaves her at a house.
(b) He pulls her with a rope.
(c) He gets a boat.
(d) He carries her.
4. How long do the people on the muck stay mad at Janie?
(a) A month.
(b) Six years.
(c) Two days.
(d) A week.
5. What does Janie let Tea Cake do that none of the other men have been able to do?
(a) Borrow some money.
(b) Take her to dinner.
(c) Come up on her porch.
(d) Buy her a soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
2. What does Janie take with her when she leaves?
3. After finishing her story, Janie tells Pheoby "Ah done been tuh de _________." (Fill in the blank)
4. What does Janie hide behind the stove?
5. What does Tea Cake do when he returns to the store that melts Janie's decided coldness toward him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie tell Pheoby about marriage in Chapter 12?
2. How does Mrs. Turner view blacks?
3. Describe Janie's reaction when Tea Cake beats her.
4. How is the hurricane a metaphor for Janie's life?
5. What does Tea Cake do when Janie confronts him about Nunkie?
6. Compare Tea Cake's funeral to Joe Starks'.
7. How does Mrs. Turner react to Janie's snubbing of her?
8. What things does Tea Cake do to show his love for Janie?
9. Why is Janie jealous of Nunkie?
10. Why does Tea Cake want Janie to work in the fields with him?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)