|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie tell Pheoby she wants to get married again for?
2. Why does Janie leave the Everglades?
(a) She gets a job in Orlando.
(b) Everything reminds her of Tea Cake.
(c) She is run out of town by Tea Cake's friends.
(d) She meets a new man.
3. Why don't the police make many arrests when the workers get drunk in town?
(a) There isn't enough jail space.
(b) They can't find anyone to arrest.
(c) They are too lazy.
(d) They are afraid of the blacks.
4. How does Tea Cake die?
(a) He is stabbed in a bar fight.
(b) Janie shoots him in self-defense.
(c) He drinks poison.
(d) He shoots himself.
5. What does Janie let Tea Cake do that none of the other men have been able to do?
(a) Buy her a soda.
(b) Come up on her porch.
(c) Take her to dinner.
(d) Borrow some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie take with her when she leaves?
2. Where do the workers go to escape the storm?
3. What does Janie hide behind the stove?
4. How does Pheoby feel after Janie is done talking in Chapter 20?
5. What is Tea Cake's job?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)