|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) At dawn.
(b) As soon as she can sell the store.
(c) Once she has a baby.
(d) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
2. What is Tea Cake's job?
(a) Cleaning floors.
(b) Picking beans.
(c) Herding cattle.
(d) Baling hay.
3. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
(a) By working all month.
(b) By robbing a bank.
(c) By gambling.
(d) By selling everything he has.
4. Why don't the police make many arrests when the workers get drunk in town?
(a) They can't find anyone to arrest.
(b) They are too lazy.
(c) There isn't enough jail space.
(d) They are afraid of the blacks.
5. What does Tea Cake do when he returns to the store that melts Janie's decided coldness toward him?
(a) He brings her flowers.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He plays an imaginary guitar.
(d) He buys all the sodas she has in the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other men feel about Tea Cake's beating Janie?
2. Who does Janie think of as a warning about what Tea Cake might do to her?
3. Who sends Pheoby to have a talk with Janie about Tea Cake?
4. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
5. Why does Tea Cake want to stay on the muck?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)