|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie find under Tea Cake's pillow?
(a) A love note.
(c) A loaded pistol.
(d) Another woman's picture.
2. When is payday on the muck?
3. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
(a) Nunkie dresses provocatively.
(b) Nunkie tells Tea Cake that Janie is cheating on him.
(c) Nunkie teases and hits Tea Cake.
(d) Nunkie pretends to be sick for Tea Cake's sympathy
4. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her white features.
(c) Her husband's wealth.
(d) Her good upbringing.
5. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
(a) Get old and die.
(b) Go to work.
(c) Wake up in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie let Tea Cake do that none of the other men have been able to do?
2. Who is Mrs. Turner?
3. How does Tea Cake die?
4. What dessert do Tea Cake and Janie enjoy on the porch?
5. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tea Cake at the card game?
2. Describe Janie's reaction when Tea Cake beats her.
3. How is the hurricane a metaphor for Janie's life?
4. How does Mrs. Turner react to Janie's snubbing of her?
5. Who is Annie Tyler?
6. Describe the events that take place during the hurricane.
7. What are Janie's suspicions about Tea Cake?
8. How does Pheoby react to Janie's story at the end of the novel?
9. How does Tea Cake die?
10. Why is Janie jealous of Nunkie?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)