|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie leave Eatonville wearing?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) A funeral veil.
(c) A blue dress.
2. What does Janie take with her when she leaves?
(a) A photo of Tea Cake.
(b) The seeds Tea Cake wanted to plant.
(c) Her blue dress.
(d) A pistol.
3. What does Mr. Turner do when the restaurant is getting torn up?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He runs home.
(c) He helps his wife clean up.
(d) He sits in the corner and smokes a pipe.
4. Who does Janie think of as a warning about what Tea Cake might do to her?
(a) Annie Tyler.
(b) Pheoby Watson.
(c) Joe Starks.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. What color does Janie start wearing in Chapter 12?
(d) Black .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
2. How do the other men feel about Tea Cake's beating Janie?
3. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
4. How does Pheoby feel after Janie is done talking in Chapter 20?
5. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the workers in the Everglades do for fun?
2. How is the hurricane a metaphor for Janie's life?
3. Describe the events that take place during the hurricane.
4. How does Mrs. Turner view blacks?
5. Who is Annie Tyler?
6. What things does Tea Cake do to show his love for Janie?
7. How does Mrs. Turner react to Janie's snubbing of her?
8. How does Tea Cake die?
9. What happens to Tea Cake at the card game?
10. What does Janie say about the horizon at the end of her story?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)