|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
(b) Wake up in the morning.
(c) Get old and die.
(d) Go to work.
2. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
(a) All of it.
(b) Twelve dollars.
(d) 100 dollars.
3. When is payday on the muck?
4. Why does Tea Cake want to stay on the muck?
(a) He does not want to leave Janie.
(b) He does not want to lose a day of work.
(c) He does not like moving around.
(d) He is not afraid of hurricanes.
5. How long do the people on the muck stay mad at Janie?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) Six years.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie wear to Tea Cake's funeral?
2. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
3. After finishing her story, Janie tells Pheoby "Ah done been tuh de _________." (Fill in the blank)
4. How do Tea Cake's friends react to his death?
5. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that take place during the hurricane.
2. What happens to Tea Cake at the card game?
3. Compare Tea Cake's funeral to Joe Starks'.
4. What makes the townspeople so mad about Janie seeing Tea Cake?
5. Describe Janie's reaction when Tea Cake beats her.
6. How does Pheoby react to Janie's story at the end of the novel?
7. How does Tea Cake die?
8. Why do the men get angry at Mrs. Turner?
9. Who is Annie Tyler?
10. How does Mrs. Turner react to Janie's snubbing of her?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)