|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Janie and Tea Cake go in Chapter 14?
(d) The Everglades.
2. What do Janie and Tea Cake do when the picking season ends?
(a) They stay in the Everglades.
(b) They return to Eatonville.
(c) They go on a long vacation to Mexico.
(d) They keep working the fields.
3. How does Tea Cake tell Janie to treat Mrs. Turner?
(a) He tells Janie to give Mrs. Turner the cold shoulder.
(b) He tells Janie to steal Mrs. Turner's money.
(c) He tells Janie to feel sorry for Mrs. Turner.
(d) He tells Janie to make friends with her.
4. Where do the workers go to escape the storm?
(a) Palm Beach.
5. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
(b) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
(c) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
(d) Because Janie has money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hezekiah think of Tea Cake?
2. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
3. How do the townspeople feel about Janie's relationship with Tea Cake?
4. How does Janie react to finding Tea Cake with Nunkie?
5. Who is Mrs. Turner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the workers in the Everglades do for fun?
2. What does Janie tell Pheoby about marriage in Chapter 12?
3. Describe the events that take place during the hurricane.
4. Why do the men get angry at Mrs. Turner?
5. What are Janie's suspicions about Tea Cake?
6. How does Pheoby react to Janie's story at the end of the novel?
7. Why is Janie jealous of Nunkie?
8. What does Tea Cake do when Janie confronts him about Nunkie?
9. Why does Tea Cake want Janie to work in the fields with him?
10. What does Janie say about the horizon at the end of her story?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)