|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie tell Pheoby she wants to get married again for?
2. Where do the workers go to escape the storm?
(a) Palm Beach.
3. What happens to Tea Cake as he and Janie are trying to get out of the water?
(a) He gets swept away by the wind.
(b) A dog bites him on the cheek.
(c) Janie pushes him under water.
(d) A cow kicks him in the face.
4. Who is Mrs. Turner?
(a) The owner of a restaurant in town.
(b) Tea Cake's cousin.
(c) Janie's sister.
(d) The mayor's wife.
5. Where do all the workers from the muck go for fun?
(a) The local bar.
(b) The swamp.
(c) Tea Cake and Janie's house.
(d) The general store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tea Cake beat Janie?
2. Who sends Pheoby to have a talk with Janie about Tea Cake?
3. What symbol returns in Chapter 11 as a feeling that Tea Cake awakens in Janie?
4. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
5. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Janie jealous of Nunkie?
2. Compare Tea Cake's funeral to Joe Starks'.
3. What are Janie's suspicions about Tea Cake?
4. Why do the men get angry at Mrs. Turner?
5. What happens to Tea Cake at the card game?
6. Describe the events that take place during the hurricane.
7. How does Mrs. Turner react to Janie's snubbing of her?
8. Describe Janie's reaction when Tea Cake beats her.
9. Why does Tea Cake want Janie to work in the fields with him?
10. What does Tea Cake do when Janie confronts him about Nunkie?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)