|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Joe in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Joe get mad at Janie in Chapter 6?
(a) He cannot find a bill of lading in the store.
(b) She yells at him on the porch.
(c) She wears lipstick to church.
(d) She has an affair with another man.
3. What does Janie find difficult about tending the store?
(a) The customer service.
(b) The calculations.
(c) The crowds.
(d) Handling the meat.
4. What does Janie use as a weapon in Chapter 7?
(b) Her fists.
(c) Her hair.
5. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Janie graduating from high school.
(b) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
(c) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
(d) Janie leaving home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
2. What does Joe's death mean to Janie?
3. What are Janie's neighbors doing when she arrives home?
4. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
5. What does Janie eat for dinner in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joe's opinion of Eatonville when he first arrives?
2. Describe how Janie behaves after Joe's death.
3. How does Logan seem to feel about the possibility of Janie leaving him?
4. What is Janie's first impression of Tea Cake in Chapter 10?
5. What do Janie's neighbors normally do after a long day's work?
6. Why does Nanny want Janie to get married?
7. Describe your impression of the relationship between Pheoby and Janie.
8. Why do the other children make fun of Janie and refuse to play with her?
9. Why is Joe so angry and embarrassed when Janie finally speaks up to him?
10. Describe Jody's appearance in Chapter 7.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)