|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie learn to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Ride a horse.
(b) Drive a car.
(c) Play checkers.
(d) Braid her hair.
2. What is Tea Cake's given name?
(a) Sam Smith.
(b) Logan Killicks.
(c) Vergible Woods.
(d) Sam Malone.
3. What do the men compare beating a woman to?
(a) Teaching a lesson.
(b) Stepping on baby chickens.
(c) Cooking a hamburger.
(d) Sinning against God.
4. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
(a) Tea Cake.
(b) Rum Pan.
(c) Big Mouth.
(d) Baby Boy.
5. What does Joe do to hurt Janie in Chapter 8?
(a) Refuses food from her.
(b) Moves another woman into the house.
(c) Sells all of her clothes .
(d) Tells the doctor not to tell her anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie compare Jody's body to?
2. Why does Joe buy the mule?
3. What does Tea Cake help Janie with at the end of the night?
4. What does Janie want to seek instead of things?
5. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie say to Joe as he is dying?
2. Why is Janie alone in the store in Chapter 10?
3. How does Janie initially feel about Joe's getting old?
4. Describe the scene that occurs in the store in Chapter 7.
5. Describe your impression of the relationship between Pheoby and Janie.
6. What does Janie do immediately after Joe dies?
7. What is Joe's opinion of Eatonville when he first arrives?
8. How does Janie feel about Nanny in Chapter 9?
9. Explain how Janie earns the name "Alphabet."
10. What are some of the reasons Nanny says that Janie should feel lucky to be married to Logan?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)