|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie find unattractive about her husband in Chapter 3?
(a) His belly.
(b) His toenails.
(c) All of the above.
(d) He doesn't wash his feet before bed.
2. What does Joe build in Chapter 5?
(a) A barn.
(b) A store.
(c) A house.
(d) A saw mill.
3. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
(a) Tea Cake.
(b) Rum Pan.
(c) Baby Boy.
(d) Big Mouth.
4. How does Jody deal with his aging?
(a) He hides in the back of the store so people won't see him.
(b) He berates Janie for her aging to make himself feel better.
(c) He runs around with young girls.
(d) He gets plastic surgery.
5. Whose house has no roof?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is played at Joe's funeral?
2. Where is everyone headed in Chapter 10?
3. What emotion is personified in Chapter 9 as something that Janie asks questions of at night?
4. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
5. What does Janie use as a weapon in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is death personified in Chapter 8?
2. Why is Joe so angry and embarrassed when Janie finally speaks up to him?
3. What things about Janie make Joe jealous?
4. How does Logan seem to feel about the possibility of Janie leaving him?
5. How do the neighborhood women seem to feel about Janie?
6. Describe how Janie behaves after Joe's death.
7. What does Janie do immediately after Joe dies?
8. Describe Joe's funeral.
9. How do the people of Eatonville view Joe Starks?
10. Why is Janie alone in the store in Chapter 10?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)