|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pheoby's husband's name?
2. Where does Janie get married?
(a) In Nanny's parlor.
(b) In the Washburns' back yard.
(c) At the Baptist church.
(d) In Miami.
3. How old is Joe in Chapter 7?
4. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
(a) Nathaniel Washburn.
(b) Johnny Taylor.
(c) Logan Killicks.
(d) Brody Jenks.
5. What does Janie do to get Joe's attention?
(a) She tells him he is handsome.
(b) She throws a rock at him.
(c) She asks if he wants to come in and rest.
(d) She starts pumping the well for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Janie take notice of Joe Starks?
2. What do Janie's neighbors want to know about her?
3. Who is Janie's best friend?
4. What is Tea Cake's given name?
5. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joe's opinion of Eatonville when he first arrives?
2. What does Janie think about Joe buying the mule?
3. What are some of the reasons Nanny says that Janie should feel lucky to be married to Logan?
4. Why do the other children make fun of Janie and refuse to play with her?
5. Describe the scene that occurs in the store in Chapter 7.
6. Why is Joe so angry and embarrassed when Janie finally speaks up to him?
7. How does Logan seem to feel about the possibility of Janie leaving him?
8. What things about Janie make Joe jealous?
9. What events in Chapter 4 reveal a change in Janie and Logan's marriage?
10. How do the neighborhood women seem to feel about Janie?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)