|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Joe's illness.
(a) His kidneys are shutting down.
(b) He has a broken heart.
(c) He drinks too much.
(d) He has been poisoned.
2. What does Joe do to hurt Janie in Chapter 8?
(a) Tells the doctor not to tell her anything.
(b) Refuses food from her.
(c) Sells all of her clothes .
(d) Moves another woman into the house.
3. What does Jody do when Janie burns his breakfast.
(a) He throws the food out the window.
(b) He kicks her out of the house.
(c) He tells her it's okay.
(d) He slaps her face.
4. Who tells Janie about this rumor?
(a) Logan Killicks.
(b) Pheoby Watson.
(c) Joe Starks.
(d) Matt Bonner.
5. What does Janie feel for Joe as he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Janie get a doctor from?
2. Where does Janie get married?
3. Why does the house have no roof?
4. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
5. Why is Tea Cake in Eatonville?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Janie initially feel about Joe's getting old?
2. How does Janie feel about marrying again after Joe is gone?
3. Describe how Janie behaves after Joe's death.
4. Describe Joe's funeral.
5. How do the men in Eatonville view women?
6. Describe the analogy Hurston uses to explain Janie's sexual awakening.
7. How does Janie feel about Nanny in Chapter 9?
8. Why did Joe not allow Janie to play games like checkers?
9. What does Janie do immediately after Joe dies?
10. How do the people of Eatonville view Joe Starks?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)