|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
(a) A house.
(b) A mule.
(c) A dress for Janie.
(d) 200 more acres of land.
2. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
(a) 10 acres.
(b) 1 acre.
(c) 100 acres.
(d) 60 acres.
3. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
4. What does Janie realize she feels for her grandmother?
5. What does Joe do to hurt Janie in Chapter 8?
(a) Refuses food from her.
(b) Moves another woman into the house.
(c) Tells the doctor not to tell her anything.
(d) Sells all of her clothes .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do after the big fight with Janie?
2. What does Logan say that he and Nanny have done to Janie?
3. What do Janie's neighbors want to know about her?
4. What is Janie's response to Joe's anger in the store after he chastises her?
5. What is Janie's maiden name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joe's opinion of Eatonville when he first arrives?
2. Describe Joe's funeral.
3. Describe how Janie behaves after Joe's death.
4. How does Logan seem to feel about the possibility of Janie leaving him?
5. How does Janie feel about Nanny in Chapter 9?
6. What are some of the restrictions Jody places on Janie?
7. What are the circumstances surrounding Joe's death?
8. What do Janie's neighbors normally do after a long day's work?
9. Explain how Janie earns the name "Alphabet."
10. What are some of the changes Joe Starks makes in the town of Eatonville?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)