|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie realize she feels for her grandmother?
2. What does Janie use as a weapon in Chapter 7?
(a) Her hair.
(c) Her fists.
3. For how long does Janie wear black to signify her mourning over Joe?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six months.
4. Who is Janie's best friend?
5. Where is everyone headed in Chapter 10?
(a) To Orlando for the season.
(b) To church.
(c) To a barbecue in Janie's honor.
(d) To a ball game in Winter Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Janie say is the only person Joe ever listened to?
2. What do the men who try to court Janie really want?
3. What does Joe ask Janie to do?
4. How old is Janie in Chapter 7?
5. What does Janie do that upsets Joe in the store in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joe's funeral.
2. How do the men in Eatonville view women?
3. How does Janie initially feel about Joe's getting old?
4. How does Logan seem to feel about the possibility of Janie leaving him?
5. Why is Janie alone in the store in Chapter 10?
6. Describe Joe Starks' appearance.
7. Describe Janie's feelings on love and marriage in Chapter 3.
8. Explain how Janie earns the name "Alphabet."
9. How is Tea Cake different than the other men in Janie's life?
10. What are some of the reasons Nanny says that Janie should feel lucky to be married to Logan?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)