|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Janie in Chapter 7?
2. Where is Tea Cake from?
3. Why does Joe get mad at Janie in Chapter 6?
(a) She wears lipstick to church.
(b) He cannot find a bill of lading in the store.
(c) She yells at him on the porch.
(d) She has an affair with another man.
4. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
(a) His silk suit.
(b) His feathered hat.
(c) His wife.
(d) His gold spittoon.
5. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
(a) She homeschools Janie.
(b) She buys them some land and their own house.
(c) She sends Janie to a different school.
(d) She yells at the other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What actually kills Joe?
2. What does Janie learn to do in Chapter 10?
3. What does Logan say that he and Nanny have done to Janie?
4. What is the cause of Joe's illness.
5. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tea Cake different than the other men in Janie's life?
2. How does Janie feel about Nanny in Chapter 9?
3. Describe Janie's appearance.
4. Why is Janie alone in the store in Chapter 10?
5. Describe Logan as Janie sees him.
6. What events in Chapter 4 reveal a change in Janie and Logan's marriage?
7. Describe the scene that occurs in the store in Chapter 7.
8. What is Joe's opinion of Eatonville when he first arrives?
9. Describe Janie's feelings on love and marriage in Chapter 3.
10. Explain how Janie earns the name "Alphabet."
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)