|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) Janie has a baby.
(b) Logan dies.
(c) Nanny dies.
(d) Janie divorces Logan.
2. What is the first thing Janie does once Joe is dead?
(a) She lets down her hair.
(b) She runs to get the doctor.
(c) She breaks his spittoon.
(d) She covers Joe's face.
3. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
(a) She is a nanny for a white family.
(b) She manages the store.
(c) She sells cakes and pies from her home.
(d) She quilts with the other women.
4. What nickname does Janie have as a child?
(a) Little One.
(d) Baby Girl.
5. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
(b) Logan Killicks.
(c) Tea Cake.
(d) Joe Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Janie's best friend?
2. What does Janie do to get Joe's attention?
3. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
4. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
5. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things about Janie make Joe jealous?
2. Why do the other children make fun of Janie and refuse to play with her?
3. Why did Joe not allow Janie to play games like checkers?
4. Describe Janie's feelings on love and marriage in Chapter 3.
5. How do the men in Eatonville view women?
6. How do the people of Eatonville view Joe Starks?
7. What does Janie think about Joe buying the mule?
8. How do the neighborhood women seem to feel about Janie?
9. Why is Joe so angry and embarrassed when Janie finally speaks up to him?
10. Describe Nanny's reaction, in Chapter 3, to hearing that Janie is unhappy.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)