|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the people on the muck stay mad at Janie?
(a) A week.
(b) Six years.
(c) A month.
(d) Two days.
2. What does Janie "pull in and drape over her shoulder" at the end of the novel?
(a) A warm blanket.
(b) Her whole life.
(c) Tea Cake's sweater.
(d) The horizon.
3. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Work in the fields with him.
(b) Have a baby with him.
(c) Buy him a car.
(d) Return to Eatonville alone.
4. When is payday on the muck?
5. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
(a) All of it.
(b) Twelve dollars.
(d) 100 dollars.
6. What does Janie take with her when she leaves?
(a) The seeds Tea Cake wanted to plant.
(b) A pistol.
(c) Her blue dress.
(d) A photo of Tea Cake.
7. What is Tea Cake's job?
(a) Picking beans.
(b) Cleaning floors.
(c) Herding cattle.
(d) Baling hay.
8. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
(a) After she is late opening the store every day.
(b) After he starts working at the store.
(c) After the picnic.
(d) After he is seen leaving her house one morning.
9. What does Janie wear to Tea Cake's funeral?
(a) A satin dress.
(b) A black veil.
(d) A wedding dress.
10. What does Tea Cake do when he returns to the store that melts Janie's decided coldness toward him?
(a) He buys all the sodas she has in the store.
(b) He brings her flowers.
(c) He plays an imaginary guitar.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
11. What does Janie let Tea Cake do that none of the other men have been able to do?
(a) Buy her a soda.
(b) Borrow some money.
(c) Come up on her porch.
(d) Take her to dinner.
12. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
(a) Motor Boat.
(b) Stew Beef.
13. What does Hezekiah think of Tea Cake?
(a) He thinks Tea Cake is a criminal.
(b) He thinks Janie is too good for Tea Cake.
(c) He thinks Tea Cake is a good man.
(d) He is jealous of Tea Cake.
14. Where do Janie and Tea Cake go in Chapter 14?
(c) The Everglades.
15. What do the men who work with Tea Cake think of Mr. Turner?
(a) They respect him.
(b) They think he's scared of his wife.
(c) They are jealous of him.
(d) They think he is cruel to his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tea Cake's friends react to his death?
2. How do the other men feel about Tea Cake's beating Janie?
3. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
4. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
5. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)