|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie wear to Tea Cake's funeral?
(a) A black veil.
(b) A satin dress.
(d) A wedding dress.
2. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
(a) Get old and die.
(b) Go to work.
(c) Wake up in the morning.
3. Who does Mrs. Turner want Janie to marry?
(a) Tea Cake.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A white man.
4. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
(b) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
(c) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
(d) Because Janie has money.
5. How does Tea Cake die?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He drinks poison.
(c) He is stabbed in a bar fight.
(d) Janie shoots him in self-defense.
6. What color does Janie start wearing in Chapter 12?
(a) Black .
7. How long do the people on the muck stay mad at Janie?
(a) Two days.
(b) A month.
(c) Six years.
(d) A week.
8. What does Janie hide behind the stove?
(a) Her money.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) Tea Cake's pistol.
(d) A rifle.
9. What does Tea Cake do when he returns to the store that melts Janie's decided coldness toward him?
(a) He brings her flowers.
(b) He buys all the sodas she has in the store.
(c) He asks her to marry him.
(d) He plays an imaginary guitar.
10. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
11. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
(a) Nunkie looks like a movie star.
(b) Nunkie is tall and thin.
(c) Nunkie is chunky.
(d) Nunkie is white.
12. What does Tea Cake call the land that he works on?
(a) The glades.
(b) The patch.
(c) The office.
(d) The muck.
13. What does Janie leave Eatonville wearing?
(a) A wedding dress.
(c) A blue dress.
(d) A funeral veil.
14. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) At dawn.
(b) Once she has a baby.
(c) As soon as she can sell the store.
(d) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
15. What does Janie take with her when she leaves?
(a) Her blue dress.
(b) The seeds Tea Cake wanted to plant.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A photo of Tea Cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pheoby feel after Janie is done talking in Chapter 20?
2. Why does Tea Cake beat Janie?
3. What does Tea Cake say that Nunkie did to draw him away from the crowd in the fields?
4. Where do Janie and Tea Cake go in Chapter 14?
5. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)