|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Work in the fields with him.
(b) Return to Eatonville alone.
(c) Buy him a car.
(d) Have a baby with him.
2. What does Tea Cake say that Nunkie did to draw him away from the crowd in the fields?
(a) She threw his hat across the field.
(b) She made the job foreman move him.
(c) She took his working tickets.
(d) She told him he was supposed to work in another area.
3. What does Janie let Tea Cake do that none of the other men have been able to do?
(a) Borrow some money.
(b) Buy her a soda.
(c) Come up on her porch.
(d) Take her to dinner.
4. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) At dawn.
(b) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
(c) As soon as she can sell the store.
(d) Once she has a baby.
5. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
(a) Her good upbringing.
(b) Her white features.
(c) Her husband's wealth.
(d) Her cooking.
6. Who does Janie think of as a warning about what Tea Cake might do to her?
(a) Pheoby Watson.
(b) Joe Starks.
(c) Annie Tyler.
(d) Her grandmother.
7. What symbol returns in Chapter 11 as a feeling that Tea Cake awakens in Janie?
(a) The mule.
(b) The spittoon.
(c) The pear blossom.
(d) The head rag.
8. What does Tea Cake call the land that he works on?
(a) The patch.
(b) The muck.
(c) The glades.
(d) The office.
9. What does Janie leave Eatonville wearing?
(a) A wedding dress.
(c) A blue dress.
(d) A funeral veil.
10. What does Tea Cake do when Janie cannot swim anymore?
(a) He carries her.
(b) He leaves her at a house.
(c) He pulls her with a rope.
(d) He gets a boat.
11. What does Tea Cake teach Janie how to do in the Everglades?
(a) How to cook.
(b) How to sew.
(c) How to play guitar.
(d) How to shoot.
12. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
13. How does Tea Cake tell Janie to treat Mrs. Turner?
(a) He tells Janie to steal Mrs. Turner's money.
(b) He tells Janie to make friends with her.
(c) He tells Janie to feel sorry for Mrs. Turner.
(d) He tells Janie to give Mrs. Turner the cold shoulder.
14. How old is Tea Cake?
15. Where do the workers go to escape the storm?
(b) Palm Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Turner do when the restaurant is getting torn up?
2. What happens to Tea Cake as he and Janie are trying to get out of the water?
3. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
4. What does Tea Cake do when he returns to the store that melts Janie's decided coldness toward him?
5. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)