|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Turner do when the restaurant is getting torn up?
(a) He sits in the corner and smokes a pipe.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He runs home.
(d) He helps his wife clean up.
2. What is Tea Cake's job?
(a) Herding cattle.
(b) Baling hay.
(c) Cleaning floors.
(d) Picking beans.
3. Why does Tea Cake want to stay on the muck?
(a) He is not afraid of hurricanes.
(b) He does not want to lose a day of work.
(c) He does not want to leave Janie.
(d) He does not like moving around.
4. How do the other men feel about Tea Cake's beating Janie?
(a) They think Janie deserved it.
(b) They feel sorry for Janie.
(c) They are angry at Tea Cake.
(d) They are jealous of Tea Cake.
5. What symbol returns in Chapter 11 as a feeling that Tea Cake awakens in Janie?
(a) The spittoon.
(b) The head rag.
(c) The pear blossom.
(d) The mule.
6. How do the townspeople feel about Janie's relationship with Tea Cake?
(a) They think Janie is taking advantage of Tea Cake.
(b) They are mad about it.
(c) They want them to get married.
(d) They think Tea Cake should be mayor.
7. What does Janie take with her when she leaves?
(a) The seeds Tea Cake wanted to plant.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A photo of Tea Cake.
(d) Her blue dress.
8. How long do the people on the muck stay mad at Janie?
(a) Two days.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Six years.
9. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie has money.
(b) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
(c) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
(d) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
10. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Have a baby with him.
(b) Work in the fields with him.
(c) Return to Eatonville alone.
(d) Buy him a car.
11. How does Janie know the hurricane is coming?
(a) She hears about it on the radio.
(b) The Seminoles tell her.
(c) She sees the storm coming in the sky.
(d) Tea Cake tells her.
12. What does Janie hide behind the stove?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) A rifle.
(c) Tea Cake's pistol.
(d) Her money.
13. What does Tea Cake call the land that he works on?
(a) The muck.
(b) The office.
(c) The patch.
(d) The glades.
14. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
(a) Nunkie is white.
(b) Nunkie is chunky.
(c) Nunkie looks like a movie star.
(d) Nunkie is tall and thin.
15. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
(a) Motor Boat.
(d) Stew Beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Tea Cake contract?
2. What does Hezekiah think of Tea Cake?
3. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
4. Who is Mrs. Turner?
5. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)