|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is payday on the muck?
2. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
(a) By robbing a bank.
(b) By selling everything he has.
(c) By working all month.
(d) By gambling.
3. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
(a) All of it.
(b) 100 dollars.
(d) Twelve dollars.
4. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
(a) Nunkie is tall and thin.
(b) Nunkie is chunky.
(c) Nunkie is white.
(d) Nunkie looks like a movie star.
5. What color does Janie start wearing in Chapter 12?
(d) Black .
6. What do the men who work with Tea Cake think of Mr. Turner?
(a) They think he's scared of his wife.
(b) They think he is cruel to his wife.
(c) They are jealous of him.
(d) They respect him.
7. What does Janie "pull in and drape over her shoulder" at the end of the novel?
(a) Her whole life.
(b) Tea Cake's sweater.
(c) The horizon.
(d) A warm blanket.
8. How does Tea Cake tell Janie to treat Mrs. Turner?
(a) He tells Janie to make friends with her.
(b) He tells Janie to steal Mrs. Turner's money.
(c) He tells Janie to give Mrs. Turner the cold shoulder.
(d) He tells Janie to feel sorry for Mrs. Turner.
9. Where do the workers go to escape the storm?
(a) Palm Beach.
10. What does Hezekiah think of Tea Cake?
(a) He is jealous of Tea Cake.
(b) He thinks Tea Cake is a criminal.
(c) He thinks Janie is too good for Tea Cake.
(d) He thinks Tea Cake is a good man.
11. After finishing her story, Janie tells Pheoby "Ah done been tuh de _________." (Fill in the blank)
(a) Depths of hell.
(b) Whole world and back.
(c) Best place.
12. How do Tea Cake's friends react to his death?
(a) They are glad he is gone.
(b) They try to help Janie escape.
(c) They do not know he is dead.
(d) They are angry at Janie and want her prosecuted.
13. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
(a) Her husband's wealth.
(b) Her white features.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her good upbringing.
14. How old is Tea Cake?
15. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) At dawn.
(b) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
(c) Once she has a baby.
(d) As soon as she can sell the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tea Cake want to stay on the muck?
2. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
3. Why does Tea Cake beat Janie?
4. How long do the people on the muck stay mad at Janie?
5. Where do all the workers from the muck go for fun?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)