|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie find under Tea Cake's pillow?
(a) A loaded pistol.
(c) Another woman's picture.
(d) A love note.
2. How long do the people on the muck stay mad at Janie?
(a) Two days.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) Six years.
3. What does Mr. Turner do when the restaurant is getting torn up?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He helps his wife clean up.
(c) He runs home.
(d) He sits in the corner and smokes a pipe.
4. Why does Tea Cake want to stay on the muck?
(a) He is not afraid of hurricanes.
(b) He does not like moving around.
(c) He does not want to leave Janie.
(d) He does not want to lose a day of work.
5. After finishing her story, Janie tells Pheoby "Ah done been tuh de _________." (Fill in the blank)
(a) Best place.
(b) Depths of hell.
(d) Whole world and back.
6. What does Janie let Tea Cake do that none of the other men have been able to do?
(a) Come up on her porch.
(b) Buy her a soda.
(c) Borrow some money.
(d) Take her to dinner.
7. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) At dawn.
(b) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
(c) As soon as she can sell the store.
(d) Once she has a baby.
8. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her white features.
(c) Her husband's wealth.
(d) Her good upbringing.
9. How does Janie know the hurricane is coming?
(a) Tea Cake tells her.
(b) She sees the storm coming in the sky.
(c) The Seminoles tell her.
(d) She hears about it on the radio.
10. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
(b) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
(c) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
(d) Because Janie has money.
11. How old is Tea Cake?
12. What does Janie wear to Tea Cake's funeral?
(a) A black veil.
(b) A satin dress.
(c) A wedding dress.
13. Who sends Pheoby to have a talk with Janie about Tea Cake?
(a) Dr. Lawrence.
(b) Matt Bonner.
(c) Sam Watson.
14. What do Janie and Tea Cake do when the picking season ends?
(a) They keep working the fields.
(b) They stay in the Everglades.
(c) They go on a long vacation to Mexico.
(d) They return to Eatonville.
15. What does Tea Cake want to protect Janie from?
(a) The dangerous bars in town.
(b) The commonness of the railroad workers.
(c) The cruelty of the world.
(d) The lustful men in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
2. How does Tea Cake tell Janie to treat Mrs. Turner?
3. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
4. What symbol returns in Chapter 11 as a feeling that Tea Cake awakens in Janie?
5. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)