|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is payday on the muck?
2. What does Tea Cake do when Janie cannot swim anymore?
(a) He leaves her at a house.
(b) He pulls her with a rope.
(c) He carries her.
(d) He gets a boat.
3. What does Janie wear to Tea Cake's funeral?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) A satin dress.
(c) A black veil.
4. What does Janie leave Eatonville wearing?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) A funeral veil.
(c) A blue dress.
5. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
(b) As soon as she can sell the store.
(c) Once she has a baby.
(d) At dawn.
6. Who is Mrs. Turner?
(a) Janie's sister.
(b) The mayor's wife.
(c) Tea Cake's cousin.
(d) The owner of a restaurant in town.
7. What do Janie and Tea Cake do when the picking season ends?
(a) They keep working the fields.
(b) They go on a long vacation to Mexico.
(c) They stay in the Everglades.
(d) They return to Eatonville.
8. After finishing her story, Janie tells Pheoby "Ah done been tuh de _________." (Fill in the blank)
(a) Depths of hell.
(c) Best place.
(d) Whole world and back.
9. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Have a baby with him.
(b) Buy him a car.
(c) Work in the fields with him.
(d) Return to Eatonville alone.
10. Who sends Pheoby to have a talk with Janie about Tea Cake?
(a) Sam Watson.
(b) Dr. Lawrence.
(c) Matt Bonner.
11. What color does Janie start wearing in Chapter 12?
(a) Black .
12. Why does Janie leave the Everglades?
(a) She is run out of town by Tea Cake's friends.
(b) She gets a job in Orlando.
(c) She meets a new man.
(d) Everything reminds her of Tea Cake.
13. How do the townspeople feel about Janie's relationship with Tea Cake?
(a) They want them to get married.
(b) They think Tea Cake should be mayor.
(c) They are mad about it.
(d) They think Janie is taking advantage of Tea Cake.
14. How does Janie know the hurricane is coming?
(a) She hears about it on the radio.
(b) Tea Cake tells her.
(c) The Seminoles tell her.
(d) She sees the storm coming in the sky.
15. What symbol returns in Chapter 11 as a feeling that Tea Cake awakens in Janie?
(a) The mule.
(b) The pear blossom.
(c) The head rag.
(d) The spittoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dessert do Tea Cake and Janie enjoy on the porch?
2. What happens to the money Janie has hidden in her dress?
3. Where do the workers go to escape the storm?
4. What does Janie find under Tea Cake's pillow?
5. How old is Tea Cake?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)