|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the police make many arrests when the workers get drunk in town?
(a) They are afraid of the blacks.
(b) They can't find anyone to arrest.
(c) There isn't enough jail space.
(d) They are too lazy.
2. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
(b) All of it.
(c) 100 dollars.
(d) Twelve dollars.
3. When is payday on the muck?
4. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
5. What does Tea Cake teach Janie how to do in the Everglades?
(a) How to sew.
(b) How to cook.
(c) How to shoot.
(d) How to play guitar.
6. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
(a) Nunkie looks like a movie star.
(b) Nunkie is chunky.
(c) Nunkie is tall and thin.
(d) Nunkie is white.
7. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
(b) Stew Beef.
(c) Motor Boat.
8. What does Janie "pull in and drape over her shoulder" at the end of the novel?
(a) Tea Cake's sweater.
(b) The horizon.
(c) A warm blanket.
(d) Her whole life.
9. What does Tea Cake say that Nunkie did to draw him away from the crowd in the fields?
(a) She told him he was supposed to work in another area.
(b) She took his working tickets.
(c) She threw his hat across the field.
(d) She made the job foreman move him.
10. What happens to the money Janie has hidden in her dress?
(a) Janie buries the money under her house.
(b) Tea Cake buys Janie a dress with it.
(c) Tea Cake takes the money and goes out on the town to see what it is like to be rich.
(d) Tea Cake hides the money from Janie.
11. What symbol returns in Chapter 11 as a feeling that Tea Cake awakens in Janie?
(a) The spittoon.
(b) The head rag.
(c) The mule.
(d) The pear blossom.
12. How old is Tea Cake?
13. What do the men who work with Tea Cake think of Mr. Turner?
(a) They respect him.
(b) They are jealous of him.
(c) They think he's scared of his wife.
(d) They think he is cruel to his wife.
14. Where do Janie and Tea Cake go in Chapter 14?
(a) The Everglades.
15. How does Pheoby feel after Janie is done talking in Chapter 20?
(a) She's not satisfied with herself anymore.
(b) She is mad at Janie.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) She wants to move away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
2. How does Tea Cake tell Janie to treat Mrs. Turner?
3. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
4. What does Tea Cake call the land that he works on?
5. What do Janie and Tea Cake do when the picking season ends?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)