|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Pheoby to have a talk with Janie about Tea Cake?
(a) Sam Watson.
(c) Matt Bonner.
(d) Dr. Lawrence.
2. What illness does Tea Cake contract?
(b) The flu.
3. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
(a) All of it.
(b) 100 dollars.
(d) Twelve dollars.
4. What does Janie leave Eatonville wearing?
(a) A blue dress.
(b) A funeral veil.
(c) A wedding dress.
5. What do the men who work with Tea Cake think of Mr. Turner?
(a) They are jealous of him.
(b) They think he is cruel to his wife.
(c) They think he's scared of his wife.
(d) They respect him.
6. How old is Tea Cake?
7. What does Tea Cake call the land that he works on?
(a) The glades.
(b) The office.
(c) The patch.
(d) The muck.
8. What color does Janie start wearing in Chapter 12?
(c) Black .
9. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
(b) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
(c) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
(d) Because Janie has money.
10. How does Tea Cake die?
(a) He drinks poison.
(b) He is stabbed in a bar fight.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) Janie shoots him in self-defense.
11. What does Hezekiah think of Tea Cake?
(a) He thinks Janie is too good for Tea Cake.
(b) He thinks Tea Cake is a good man.
(c) He thinks Tea Cake is a criminal.
(d) He is jealous of Tea Cake.
12. What does Janie let Tea Cake do that none of the other men have been able to do?
(a) Take her to dinner.
(b) Buy her a soda.
(c) Borrow some money.
(d) Come up on her porch.
13. How does Janie know the hurricane is coming?
(a) Tea Cake tells her.
(b) She sees the storm coming in the sky.
(c) The Seminoles tell her.
(d) She hears about it on the radio.
14. What symbol returns in Chapter 11 as a feeling that Tea Cake awakens in Janie?
(a) The head rag.
(b) The pear blossom.
(c) The spittoon.
(d) The mule.
15. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
(a) Wake up in the morning.
(b) Get old and die.
(d) Go to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
2. Who is Mrs. Turner?
3. After finishing her story, Janie tells Pheoby "Ah done been tuh de _________." (Fill in the blank)
4. What is Tea Cake's job?
5. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)