|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tea Cake?
2. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
3. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
(a) By working all month.
(b) By selling everything he has.
(c) By robbing a bank.
(d) By gambling.
4. What does Hezekiah think of Tea Cake?
(a) He is jealous of Tea Cake.
(b) He thinks Janie is too good for Tea Cake.
(c) He thinks Tea Cake is a good man.
(d) He thinks Tea Cake is a criminal.
5. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her husband's wealth.
(c) Her good upbringing.
(d) Her white features.
6. What does Janie find under Tea Cake's pillow?
(b) Another woman's picture.
(c) A love note.
(d) A loaded pistol.
7. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) All of it.
(d) Twelve dollars.
8. What happens to Tea Cake as he and Janie are trying to get out of the water?
(a) A dog bites him on the cheek.
(b) He gets swept away by the wind.
(c) Janie pushes him under water.
(d) A cow kicks him in the face.
9. What does Janie tell Pheoby she wants to get married again for?
10. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
(a) After he is seen leaving her house one morning.
(b) After he starts working at the store.
(c) After the picnic.
(d) After she is late opening the store every day.
11. Where do all the workers from the muck go for fun?
(a) The general store.
(b) The swamp.
(c) The local bar.
(d) Tea Cake and Janie's house.
12. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
(b) Once she has a baby.
(c) At dawn.
(d) As soon as she can sell the store.
13. What do the men who work with Tea Cake think of Mr. Turner?
(a) They think he's scared of his wife.
(b) They are jealous of him.
(c) They respect him.
(d) They think he is cruel to his wife.
14. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
(a) Get old and die.
(b) Wake up in the morning.
(d) Go to work.
15. What does Tea Cake do when Janie cannot swim anymore?
(a) He gets a boat.
(b) He pulls her with a rope.
(c) He leaves her at a house.
(d) He carries her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finishing her story, Janie tells Pheoby "Ah done been tuh de _________." (Fill in the blank)
2. Who does Mrs. Turner want Janie to marry?
3. How does Tea Cake tell Janie to treat Mrs. Turner?
4. What does Janie hide behind the stove?
5. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)