|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) Once she has a baby.
(b) At dawn.
(c) As soon as she can sell the store.
(d) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
2. What is Tea Cake's job?
(a) Baling hay.
(b) Herding cattle.
(c) Cleaning floors.
(d) Picking beans.
3. Where do the workers go to escape the storm?
(c) Palm Beach.
4. How does Tea Cake die?
(a) Janie shoots him in self-defense.
(b) He drinks poison.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) He is stabbed in a bar fight.
5. Where do all the workers from the muck go for fun?
(a) The general store.
(b) The local bar.
(c) The swamp.
(d) Tea Cake and Janie's house.
6. How do the other men feel about Tea Cake's beating Janie?
(a) They are jealous of Tea Cake.
(b) They think Janie deserved it.
(c) They are angry at Tea Cake.
(d) They feel sorry for Janie.
7. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
(a) Nunkie tells Tea Cake that Janie is cheating on him.
(b) Nunkie dresses provocatively.
(c) Nunkie pretends to be sick for Tea Cake's sympathy
(d) Nunkie teases and hits Tea Cake.
8. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
(a) After he is seen leaving her house one morning.
(b) After the picnic.
(c) After he starts working at the store.
(d) After she is late opening the store every day.
9. How does Janie know the hurricane is coming?
(a) Tea Cake tells her.
(b) She sees the storm coming in the sky.
(c) The Seminoles tell her.
(d) She hears about it on the radio.
10. What does Janie leave Eatonville wearing?
(b) A funeral veil.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A blue dress.
11. What happens to the money Janie has hidden in her dress?
(a) Tea Cake takes the money and goes out on the town to see what it is like to be rich.
(b) Tea Cake buys Janie a dress with it.
(c) Janie buries the money under her house.
(d) Tea Cake hides the money from Janie.
12. What color does Janie start wearing in Chapter 12?
(b) Black .
13. How does Pheoby feel after Janie is done talking in Chapter 20?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She wants to move away.
(c) She's not satisfied with herself anymore.
(d) She is mad at Janie.
14. What does Tea Cake want to protect Janie from?
(a) The cruelty of the world.
(b) The lustful men in town.
(c) The commonness of the railroad workers.
(d) The dangerous bars in town.
15. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
(b) Because Janie has money.
(c) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
(d) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Turner want Janie to marry?
2. What does Janie take with her when she leaves?
3. How old is Tea Cake?
4. Why does Janie leave the Everglades?
5. What does Tea Cake call the land that he works on?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)