|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
(a) After he is seen leaving her house one morning.
(b) After he starts working at the store.
(c) After the picnic.
(d) After she is late opening the store every day.
2. What dessert do Tea Cake and Janie enjoy on the porch?
(a) Pound cake and lemonade.
(b) Oranges and lemonade.
(c) Ice cream and coffee.
(d) Milk and cookies.
3. What does Tea Cake do when Janie cannot swim anymore?
(a) He pulls her with a rope.
(b) He gets a boat.
(c) He leaves her at a house.
(d) He carries her.
4. How do the townspeople feel about Janie's relationship with Tea Cake?
(a) They want them to get married.
(b) They are mad about it.
(c) They think Tea Cake should be mayor.
(d) They think Janie is taking advantage of Tea Cake.
5. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
(b) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
(c) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
(d) Because Janie has money.
6. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
7. What does Tea Cake call the land that he works on?
(a) The office.
(b) The glades.
(c) The patch.
(d) The muck.
8. What does Tea Cake teach Janie how to do in the Everglades?
(a) How to play guitar.
(b) How to sew.
(c) How to cook.
(d) How to shoot.
9. What illness does Tea Cake contract?
(b) The flu.
10. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her good upbringing.
(c) Her white features.
(d) Her husband's wealth.
11. How long do the people on the muck stay mad at Janie?
(a) Two days.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Six years.
12. How do Tea Cake's friends react to his death?
(a) They are angry at Janie and want her prosecuted.
(b) They try to help Janie escape.
(c) They do not know he is dead.
(d) They are glad he is gone.
13. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
(a) By robbing a bank.
(b) By gambling.
(c) By selling everything he has.
(d) By working all month.
14. Why don't the police make many arrests when the workers get drunk in town?
(a) They can't find anyone to arrest.
(b) There isn't enough jail space.
(c) They are afraid of the blacks.
(d) They are too lazy.
15. What does Tea Cake want to protect Janie from?
(a) The cruelty of the world.
(b) The lustful men in town.
(c) The commonness of the railroad workers.
(d) The dangerous bars in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie let Tea Cake do that none of the other men have been able to do?
2. What does Janie hide behind the stove?
3. What does Mr. Turner do when the restaurant is getting torn up?
4. After finishing her story, Janie tells Pheoby "Ah done been tuh de _________." (Fill in the blank)
5. Who does Janie think of as a warning about what Tea Cake might do to her?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)