|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
(b) Motor Boat.
(c) Stew Beef.
2. How long do the people on the muck stay mad at Janie?
(a) A month.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) Six years.
3. How do the other men feel about Tea Cake's beating Janie?
(a) They are jealous of Tea Cake.
(b) They think Janie deserved it.
(c) They are angry at Tea Cake.
(d) They feel sorry for Janie.
4. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) Once she has a baby.
(b) As soon as she can sell the store.
(c) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
(d) At dawn.
5. What symbol returns in Chapter 11 as a feeling that Tea Cake awakens in Janie?
(a) The mule.
(b) The pear blossom.
(c) The head rag.
(d) The spittoon.
6. What does Janie hide behind the stove?
(a) A rifle.
(b) Her money.
(c) A train ticket.
(d) Tea Cake's pistol.
7. What does Tea Cake teach Janie how to do in the Everglades?
(a) How to cook.
(b) How to sew.
(c) How to shoot.
(d) How to play guitar.
8. Who sends Pheoby to have a talk with Janie about Tea Cake?
(a) Dr. Lawrence.
(c) Sam Watson.
(d) Matt Bonner.
9. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
(a) By working all month.
(b) By robbing a bank.
(c) By selling everything he has.
(d) By gambling.
10. What does Janie let Tea Cake do that none of the other men have been able to do?
(a) Come up on her porch.
(b) Borrow some money.
(c) Take her to dinner.
(d) Buy her a soda.
11. What happens to the money Janie has hidden in her dress?
(a) Tea Cake hides the money from Janie.
(b) Janie buries the money under her house.
(c) Tea Cake takes the money and goes out on the town to see what it is like to be rich.
(d) Tea Cake buys Janie a dress with it.
12. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
(b) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
(c) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
(d) Because Janie has money.
13. What does Tea Cake do when he returns to the store that melts Janie's decided coldness toward him?
(a) He buys all the sodas she has in the store.
(b) He plays an imaginary guitar.
(c) He asks her to marry him.
(d) He brings her flowers.
14. What does Tea Cake want to protect Janie from?
(a) The commonness of the railroad workers.
(b) The lustful men in town.
(c) The dangerous bars in town.
(d) The cruelty of the world.
15. When is payday on the muck?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the police make many arrests when the workers get drunk in town?
2. What does Tea Cake say that Nunkie did to draw him away from the crowd in the fields?
3. How does Janie know the hurricane is coming?
4. What does Tea Cake call the land that he works on?
5. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)