|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Have a baby with him.
(b) Work in the fields with him.
(c) Return to Eatonville alone.
(d) Buy him a car.
2. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
(a) Stew Beef.
(b) Motor Boat.
3. When is payday on the muck?
4. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
(a) After she is late opening the store every day.
(b) After the picnic.
(c) After he is seen leaving her house one morning.
(d) After he starts working at the store.
5. What does Tea Cake teach Janie how to do in the Everglades?
(a) How to cook.
(b) How to play guitar.
(c) How to sew.
(d) How to shoot.
6. What do the men who work with Tea Cake think of Mr. Turner?
(a) They think he's scared of his wife.
(b) They are jealous of him.
(c) They think he is cruel to his wife.
(d) They respect him.
7. Where do Janie and Tea Cake go in Chapter 14?
(c) The Everglades.
8. How does Pheoby feel after Janie is done talking in Chapter 20?
(a) She is mad at Janie.
(b) She's not satisfied with herself anymore.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) She wants to move away.
9. How old is Tea Cake?
10. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
(a) Get old and die.
(c) Wake up in the morning.
(d) Go to work.
11. What do Janie and Tea Cake do when the picking season ends?
(a) They keep working the fields.
(b) They stay in the Everglades.
(c) They go on a long vacation to Mexico.
(d) They return to Eatonville.
12. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
(a) Nunkie pretends to be sick for Tea Cake's sympathy
(b) Nunkie teases and hits Tea Cake.
(c) Nunkie tells Tea Cake that Janie is cheating on him.
(d) Nunkie dresses provocatively.
13. Who sends Pheoby to have a talk with Janie about Tea Cake?
(a) Matt Bonner.
(b) Dr. Lawrence.
(d) Sam Watson.
14. What does Tea Cake do when Janie cannot swim anymore?
(a) He pulls her with a rope.
(b) He carries her.
(c) He leaves her at a house.
(d) He gets a boat.
15. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
(a) Her white features.
(b) Her good upbringing.
(c) Her husband's wealth.
(d) Her cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tea Cake beat Janie?
2. Where do all the workers from the muck go for fun?
3. What does Janie take with her when she leaves?
4. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
5. What does Mr. Turner do when the restaurant is getting torn up?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)