|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Tea Cake's friends react to his death?
(a) They do not know he is dead.
(b) They are angry at Janie and want her prosecuted.
(c) They are glad he is gone.
(d) They try to help Janie escape.
2. What illness does Tea Cake contract?
(c) The flu.
3. Why does Janie leave the Everglades?
(a) Everything reminds her of Tea Cake.
(b) She meets a new man.
(c) She gets a job in Orlando.
(d) She is run out of town by Tea Cake's friends.
4. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
(a) Nunkie teases and hits Tea Cake.
(b) Nunkie pretends to be sick for Tea Cake's sympathy
(c) Nunkie dresses provocatively.
(d) Nunkie tells Tea Cake that Janie is cheating on him.
5. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
(a) By robbing a bank.
(b) By gambling.
(c) By working all month.
(d) By selling everything he has.
6. Where do all the workers from the muck go for fun?
(a) Tea Cake and Janie's house.
(b) The general store.
(c) The local bar.
(d) The swamp.
7. How does Tea Cake tell Janie to treat Mrs. Turner?
(a) He tells Janie to give Mrs. Turner the cold shoulder.
(b) He tells Janie to steal Mrs. Turner's money.
(c) He tells Janie to feel sorry for Mrs. Turner.
(d) He tells Janie to make friends with her.
8. What happens to Tea Cake as he and Janie are trying to get out of the water?
(a) Janie pushes him under water.
(b) A cow kicks him in the face.
(c) He gets swept away by the wind.
(d) A dog bites him on the cheek.
9. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) Twelve dollars.
(d) All of it.
10. When is payday on the muck?
11. What does Janie tell Pheoby she wants to get married again for?
12. How do the townspeople feel about Janie's relationship with Tea Cake?
(a) They are mad about it.
(b) They think Tea Cake should be mayor.
(c) They think Janie is taking advantage of Tea Cake.
(d) They want them to get married.
13. Why does Tea Cake beat Janie?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He wants to show the Turners who is boss.
(c) Janie cheats on him.
(d) Janie tries to leave him.
14. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
(b) Because Janie has money.
(c) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
(d) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
15. What color does Janie start wearing in Chapter 12?
(a) Black .
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Janie and Tea Cake do when the picking season ends?
2. What does Tea Cake do when Janie cannot swim anymore?
3. What does Hezekiah think of Tea Cake?
4. Where do the workers go to escape the storm?
5. How does Tea Cake die?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)