|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tea Cake say that Nunkie did to draw him away from the crowd in the fields?
(a) She told him he was supposed to work in another area.
(b) She threw his hat across the field.
(c) She took his working tickets.
(d) She made the job foreman move him.
2. What does Tea Cake do when he returns to the store that melts Janie's decided coldness toward him?
(a) He plays an imaginary guitar.
(b) He brings her flowers.
(c) He buys all the sodas she has in the store.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
3. What illness does Tea Cake contract?
(c) The flu.
4. What happens to the money Janie has hidden in her dress?
(a) Tea Cake hides the money from Janie.
(b) Tea Cake buys Janie a dress with it.
(c) Tea Cake takes the money and goes out on the town to see what it is like to be rich.
(d) Janie buries the money under her house.
5. How do Tea Cake's friends react to his death?
(a) They are angry at Janie and want her prosecuted.
(b) They are glad he is gone.
(c) They try to help Janie escape.
(d) They do not know he is dead.
6. Why does Tea Cake beat Janie?
(a) He wants to show the Turners who is boss.
(b) Janie cheats on him.
(c) Janie tries to leave him.
(d) He is drunk.
7. What dessert do Tea Cake and Janie enjoy on the porch?
(a) Milk and cookies.
(b) Ice cream and coffee.
(c) Oranges and lemonade.
(d) Pound cake and lemonade.
8. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
(a) Wake up in the morning.
(c) Get old and die.
(d) Go to work.
9. Where do Janie and Tea Cake go in Chapter 14?
(b) The Everglades.
10. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
(b) Once she has a baby.
(c) At dawn.
(d) As soon as she can sell the store.
11. How does Pheoby feel after Janie is done talking in Chapter 20?
(a) She wants to move away.
(b) She is mad at Janie.
(c) She's not satisfied with herself anymore.
(d) She is jealous.
12. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her husband's wealth.
(c) Her good upbringing.
(d) Her white features.
13. What does Janie wear to Tea Cake's funeral?
(a) A satin dress.
(c) A black veil.
(d) A wedding dress.
14. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
15. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
(a) Nunkie pretends to be sick for Tea Cake's sympathy
(b) Nunkie teases and hits Tea Cake.
(c) Nunkie dresses provocatively.
(d) Nunkie tells Tea Cake that Janie is cheating on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
2. How does Tea Cake die?
3. What does Janie leave Eatonville wearing?
4. Why don't the police make many arrests when the workers get drunk in town?
5. What does Janie take with her when she leaves?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)