|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) Once she has a baby.
(b) As soon as she can sell the store.
(c) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
(d) At dawn.
2. What does Janie take with her when she leaves?
(a) The seeds Tea Cake wanted to plant.
(b) Her blue dress.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A photo of Tea Cake.
3. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
(b) Because Janie has money.
(c) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
(d) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
4. When is payday on the muck?
5. What color does Janie start wearing in Chapter 12?
(a) Black .
6. What does Janie "pull in and drape over her shoulder" at the end of the novel?
(a) A warm blanket.
(b) The horizon.
(c) Tea Cake's sweater.
(d) Her whole life.
7. How do the townspeople feel about Janie's relationship with Tea Cake?
(a) They are mad about it.
(b) They want them to get married.
(c) They think Janie is taking advantage of Tea Cake.
(d) They think Tea Cake should be mayor.
8. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
(b) Motor Boat.
(c) Stew Beef.
9. What does Tea Cake do when he returns to the store that melts Janie's decided coldness toward him?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He plays an imaginary guitar.
(c) He buys all the sodas she has in the store.
(d) He brings her flowers.
10. What do Janie and Tea Cake do when the picking season ends?
(a) They keep working the fields.
(b) They go on a long vacation to Mexico.
(c) They stay in the Everglades.
(d) They return to Eatonville.
11. Why does Tea Cake want to stay on the muck?
(a) He does not want to lose a day of work.
(b) He does not like moving around.
(c) He is not afraid of hurricanes.
(d) He does not want to leave Janie.
12. What does Hezekiah think of Tea Cake?
(a) He thinks Tea Cake is a criminal.
(b) He thinks Tea Cake is a good man.
(c) He is jealous of Tea Cake.
(d) He thinks Janie is too good for Tea Cake.
13. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
(a) By gambling.
(b) By robbing a bank.
(c) By working all month.
(d) By selling everything he has.
14. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her good upbringing.
(c) Her white features.
(d) Her husband's wealth.
15. What does Tea Cake call the land that he works on?
(a) The glades.
(b) The muck.
(c) The patch.
(d) The office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie hide behind the stove?
2. What does Tea Cake say that Nunkie did to draw him away from the crowd in the fields?
3. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
4. Why does Janie leave the Everglades?
5. Who sends Pheoby to have a talk with Janie about Tea Cake?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)