|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Janie start wearing in Chapter 12?
(d) Black .
2. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
(a) After he starts working at the store.
(b) After she is late opening the store every day.
(c) After the picnic.
(d) After he is seen leaving her house one morning.
3. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
(a) Her white features.
(b) Her cooking.
(c) Her husband's wealth.
(d) Her good upbringing.
4. Why does Tea Cake beat Janie?
(a) Janie tries to leave him.
(b) He wants to show the Turners who is boss.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) Janie cheats on him.
5. What does Janie "pull in and drape over her shoulder" at the end of the novel?
(a) Her whole life.
(b) Tea Cake's sweater.
(c) A warm blanket.
(d) The horizon.
6. Who is Mrs. Turner?
(a) The owner of a restaurant in town.
(b) The mayor's wife.
(c) Janie's sister.
(d) Tea Cake's cousin.
7. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
(b) Motor Boat.
(d) Stew Beef.
8. Where do all the workers from the muck go for fun?
(a) The swamp.
(b) The general store.
(c) Tea Cake and Janie's house.
(d) The local bar.
9. How does Pheoby feel after Janie is done talking in Chapter 20?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She's not satisfied with herself anymore.
(c) She is mad at Janie.
(d) She wants to move away.
10. Who does Janie think of as a warning about what Tea Cake might do to her?
(a) Pheoby Watson.
(b) Joe Starks.
(c) Annie Tyler.
(d) Her grandmother.
11. What dessert do Tea Cake and Janie enjoy on the porch?
(a) Milk and cookies.
(b) Ice cream and coffee.
(c) Pound cake and lemonade.
(d) Oranges and lemonade.
12. When is payday on the muck?
13. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) Once she has a baby.
(b) As soon as she can sell the store.
(c) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
(d) At dawn.
14. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
(a) Nunkie is white.
(b) Nunkie is tall and thin.
(c) Nunkie looks like a movie star.
(d) Nunkie is chunky.
15. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Return to Eatonville alone.
(b) Have a baby with him.
(c) Work in the fields with him.
(d) Buy him a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
2. What does Janie tell Pheoby she wants to get married again for?
3. After finishing her story, Janie tells Pheoby "Ah done been tuh de _________." (Fill in the blank)
4. Where do the workers go to escape the storm?
5. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)