|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Janie know the hurricane is coming?
(a) Tea Cake tells her.
(b) She hears about it on the radio.
(c) She sees the storm coming in the sky.
(d) The Seminoles tell her.
2. Who does Janie think of as a warning about what Tea Cake might do to her?
(a) Pheoby Watson.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Annie Tyler.
(d) Joe Starks.
3. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
4. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
(a) By robbing a bank.
(b) By working all month.
(c) By selling everything he has.
(d) By gambling.
5. What happens to Tea Cake as he and Janie are trying to get out of the water?
(a) A cow kicks him in the face.
(b) He gets swept away by the wind.
(c) A dog bites him on the cheek.
(d) Janie pushes him under water.
6. Why does Tea Cake want to stay on the muck?
(a) He does not want to lose a day of work.
(b) He is not afraid of hurricanes.
(c) He does not like moving around.
(d) He does not want to leave Janie.
7. What does Mr. Turner do when the restaurant is getting torn up?
(a) He runs home.
(b) He helps his wife clean up.
(c) He sits in the corner and smokes a pipe.
(d) He calls the police.
8. Where do the workers go to escape the storm?
(b) Palm Beach.
9. What is Tea Cake's job?
(a) Herding cattle.
(b) Baling hay.
(c) Cleaning floors.
(d) Picking beans.
10. How does Tea Cake tell Janie to treat Mrs. Turner?
(a) He tells Janie to give Mrs. Turner the cold shoulder.
(b) He tells Janie to steal Mrs. Turner's money.
(c) He tells Janie to feel sorry for Mrs. Turner.
(d) He tells Janie to make friends with her.
11. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
(a) Get old and die.
(b) Go to work.
(d) Wake up in the morning.
12. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
(a) After he starts working at the store.
(b) After she is late opening the store every day.
(c) After he is seen leaving her house one morning.
(d) After the picnic.
13. Why does Janie leave the Everglades?
(a) She gets a job in Orlando.
(b) She meets a new man.
(c) Everything reminds her of Tea Cake.
(d) She is run out of town by Tea Cake's friends.
14. What does Janie hide behind the stove?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) A rifle.
(c) Tea Cake's pistol.
(d) Her money.
15. What do the men who work with Tea Cake think of Mr. Turner?
(a) They think he is cruel to his wife.
(b) They respect him.
(c) They are jealous of him.
(d) They think he's scared of his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Turner want Janie to marry?
2. Where do Janie and Tea Cake go in Chapter 14?
3. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
4. What does Hezekiah think of Tea Cake?
5. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)