|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the money Janie has hidden in her dress?
(a) Tea Cake buys Janie a dress with it.
(b) Tea Cake takes the money and goes out on the town to see what it is like to be rich.
(c) Tea Cake hides the money from Janie.
(d) Janie buries the money under her house.
2. Where do all the workers from the muck go for fun?
(a) Tea Cake and Janie's house.
(b) The general store.
(c) The local bar.
(d) The swamp.
3. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
(a) Nunkie looks like a movie star.
(b) Nunkie is chunky.
(c) Nunkie is tall and thin.
(d) Nunkie is white.
4. How does Janie react to finding Tea Cake with Nunkie?
(a) She rages violently at Tea Cake.
(b) She ignores the incident.
(c) She kills Nunkie.
(d) She leaves Tea Cake.
5. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her white features.
(c) Her husband's wealth.
(d) Her good upbringing.
6. What color does Janie start wearing in Chapter 12?
(c) Black .
7. What does Janie take with her when she leaves?
(a) A photo of Tea Cake.
(b) The seeds Tea Cake wanted to plant.
(c) Her blue dress.
(d) A pistol.
8. Why does Tea Cake want to stay on the muck?
(a) He does not want to lose a day of work.
(b) He does not want to leave Janie.
(c) He does not like moving around.
(d) He is not afraid of hurricanes.
9. What is Tea Cake's job?
(a) Herding cattle.
(b) Cleaning floors.
(c) Picking beans.
(d) Baling hay.
10. What does Tea Cake do when he returns to the store that melts Janie's decided coldness toward him?
(a) He brings her flowers.
(b) He buys all the sodas she has in the store.
(c) He plays an imaginary guitar.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
11. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
(b) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
(c) Because Janie has money.
(d) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
12. What does Janie find under Tea Cake's pillow?
(b) A loaded pistol.
(c) A love note.
(d) Another woman's picture.
13. How does Tea Cake tell Janie to treat Mrs. Turner?
(a) He tells Janie to feel sorry for Mrs. Turner.
(b) He tells Janie to make friends with her.
(c) He tells Janie to steal Mrs. Turner's money.
(d) He tells Janie to give Mrs. Turner the cold shoulder.
14. What do the men who work with Tea Cake think of Mr. Turner?
(a) They think he is cruel to his wife.
(b) They respect him.
(c) They think he's scared of his wife.
(d) They are jealous of him.
15. What does Mr. Turner do when the restaurant is getting torn up?
(a) He helps his wife clean up.
(b) He sits in the corner and smokes a pipe.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He runs home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie leave Eatonville wearing?
2. What does Janie tell Pheoby she wants to get married again for?
3. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
4. What does Tea Cake call the land that he works on?
5. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)