|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the money Janie has hidden in her dress?
(a) Tea Cake buys Janie a dress with it.
(b) Tea Cake takes the money and goes out on the town to see what it is like to be rich.
(c) Janie buries the money under her house.
(d) Tea Cake hides the money from Janie.
2. Why does Tea Cake want to stay on the muck?
(a) He is not afraid of hurricanes.
(b) He does not like moving around.
(c) He does not want to leave Janie.
(d) He does not want to lose a day of work.
3. What do the men who work with Tea Cake think of Mr. Turner?
(a) They are jealous of him.
(b) They think he is cruel to his wife.
(c) They respect him.
(d) They think he's scared of his wife.
4. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
(a) Nunkie teases and hits Tea Cake.
(b) Nunkie tells Tea Cake that Janie is cheating on him.
(c) Nunkie pretends to be sick for Tea Cake's sympathy
(d) Nunkie dresses provocatively.
5. Who is Mrs. Turner?
(a) The mayor's wife.
(b) Tea Cake's cousin.
(c) Janie's sister.
(d) The owner of a restaurant in town.
6. How does Janie react to finding Tea Cake with Nunkie?
(a) She leaves Tea Cake.
(b) She kills Nunkie.
(c) She rages violently at Tea Cake.
(d) She ignores the incident.
7. What does Janie wear to Tea Cake's funeral?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) A black veil.
(c) A satin dress.
8. How old is Tea Cake?
9. Why does Mrs. Turner like Janie?
(a) Because Janie is from Eatonville.
(b) Because Janie has money.
(c) Because Janie visits the restaurant every day.
(d) Because Janie is fair-skinned.
10. How do the townspeople feel about Janie's relationship with Tea Cake?
(a) They are mad about it.
(b) They want them to get married.
(c) They think Janie is taking advantage of Tea Cake.
(d) They think Tea Cake should be mayor.
11. What does Janie tell Pheoby she wants to get married again for?
12. How do Tea Cake's friends react to his death?
(a) They are glad he is gone.
(b) They try to help Janie escape.
(c) They are angry at Janie and want her prosecuted.
(d) They do not know he is dead.
13. What does Mr. Turner do when the restaurant is getting torn up?
(a) He helps his wife clean up.
(b) He runs home.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He sits in the corner and smokes a pipe.
14. What dessert do Tea Cake and Janie enjoy on the porch?
(a) Oranges and lemonade.
(b) Milk and cookies.
(c) Pound cake and lemonade.
(d) Ice cream and coffee.
15. What does Tea Cake call the land that he works on?
(a) The office.
(b) The glades.
(c) The patch.
(d) The muck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tea Cake want to protect Janie from?
2. What does Janie leave Eatonville wearing?
3. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
4. What does Janie find under Tea Cake's pillow?
5. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)