|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men who try to court Janie really want?
(a) Her store.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her body.
(d) Her wisdom.
2. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
(a) Tea Cake.
(b) Rum Pan.
(c) Baby Boy.
(d) Big Mouth.
3. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Janie leaving home.
(b) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
(c) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
(d) Janie graduating from high school.
4. What does Janie learn to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Ride a horse.
(b) Play checkers.
(c) Drive a car.
(d) Braid her hair.
5. What does Janie do that upsets Joe in the store in Chapter 7?
(a) She drops a crate of produce.
(b) She cuts a plug of tobacco incorrectly.
(c) She sits around and will not work.
(d) She flirts with a customer.
6. Who is wearing a pair of overalls in Chapter 1?
(d) Tea Cake.
7. Who comes into the store while everyone is away?
(b) Tea Cake.
8. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
(b) Joe Brown.
(c) Tea Cake.
(d) Logan Killicks.
9. Who tells Janie about this rumor?
(a) Joe Starks.
(b) Matt Bonner.
(c) Pheoby Watson.
(d) Logan Killicks.
10. Who does Janie compare Jody to in her speech?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) King Solomon.
(c) Logan Killicks.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
11. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
(a) 100 acres.
(b) 10 acres.
(c) 60 acres.
(d) 1 acre.
12. How old is Janie in Chapter 7?
13. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) Janie has a baby.
(b) Nanny dies.
(c) Janie divorces Logan.
(d) Logan dies.
14. What does Logan want Janie to do while she is making breakfast?
(a) Help him move the manure pile.
(b) Help him shoe a horse.
(c) Go into town for groceries.
(d) Bring him some water.
15. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A ripe fruit.
(b) A sunset.
(c) A blossoming tree.
(d) A sunrise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie realize she feels for her grandmother?
2. What surprises Jody and Janie about Eatonville?
3. What does Jody do when Janie burns his breakfast.
4. Where does Janie get married?
5. What nickname does Janie have as a child?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)