|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody deal with his aging?
(a) He berates Janie for her aging to make himself feel better.
(b) He hides in the back of the store so people won't see him.
(c) He runs around with young girls.
(d) He gets plastic surgery.
2. Who does Janie compare Jody to in her speech?
(a) Logan Killicks.
(b) King Solomon.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) Janie has a baby.
(b) Nanny dies.
(c) Janie divorces Logan.
(d) Logan dies.
4. Why does Logan go to Lake City?
(a) To get a new plow.
(b) To look at some land.
(c) To buy a mule.
(d) He's having an affair.
5. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
(a) Tea Cake.
(b) Joe Brown.
(c) Logan Killicks.
6. How do the townspeople react to the scene between Jody and Janie in the store?
(a) They lose respect for Joe.
(b) They all leave the store.
(c) They are embarrassed.
(d) They encourage Joe to beat Janie.
7. Where is everyone headed in Chapter 10?
(a) To church.
(b) To a ball game in Winter Park.
(c) To a barbecue in Janie's honor.
(d) To Orlando for the season.
8. Where does Janie get married?
(a) In the Washburns' back yard.
(b) In Nanny's parlor.
(c) At the Baptist church.
(d) In Miami.
9. What is Pheoby's husband's name?
10. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
(a) She quilts with the other women.
(b) She sells cakes and pies from her home.
(c) She is a nanny for a white family.
(d) She manages the store.
11. What makes Janie take notice of Joe Starks?
(a) He is running into town.
(b) His clothes and the way he walks.
(c) He whistles at her.
(d) His dirty face.
12. How do the men in town feel about Jody toward the end of Chapter 5?
(a) They are resentful of the way he exercises his power like a white man.
(b) They look up to him like a god.
(c) They are mad at him for building the store.
(d) They are grateful for his generousity.
13. How does Janie suggest that Tea Cake get home?
(a) By horse.
(b) On foot.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
14. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
(a) Cooks dinner.
(b) Brushes her hair at night.
(c) Chops the wood and carries it inside.
(d) Sleeps on the couch.
15. What does Janie want to seek instead of things?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
2. What is Tea Cake's given name?
3. What is the rumor going around about Joe's illness?
4. Jody says all women need telling, just like ____________. (Fill in the blank)
5. What does Joe want the town to have that the men of Eatonville say the white men won't give him?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)