|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Janie compare Jody to in her speech?
(a) Logan Killicks.
(b) King Solomon.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
(a) Chops the wood and carries it inside.
(b) Sleeps on the couch.
(c) Brushes her hair at night.
(d) Cooks dinner.
3. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
(a) By working all month.
(b) By robbing a bank.
(c) By selling everything he has.
(d) By gambling.
4. What does Janie do instead of finishing breakfast?
(a) She helps Logan with some chores.
(b) She goes back to bed.
(c) She leaves to meet up with Joe and run away with him.
(d) She goes into town for groceries.
5. What action does Hurston compare Jody's harsh words to Janie in the store to?
(a) Hugging a child.
(b) Beating a dog.
(c) Kicking a mule.
(d) Stripping a woman on a crowded street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Turner take pride in?
2. What does Janie want to seek instead of things?
3. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
4. What does Hurston compare Janie's funeral veil to?
5. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)