|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie want to seek instead of things?
2. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
(a) Janie makes fun of the other girls.
(b) Janie talks differently than the other kids.
(c) Janie's clothes are better than the other kids' clothes.
(d) Janie gets better grades than them.
3. Why is Tea Cake in Eatonville?
(a) He wants to buy Janie's store.
(b) He thought the ball game was there.
(c) He has come to court Janie.
(d) He is looking for a job.
4. What does Tea Cake teach Janie how to do in the Everglades?
(a) How to play guitar.
(b) How to shoot.
(c) How to cook.
(d) How to sew.
5. What does Joe do to hurt Janie in Chapter 8?
(a) Moves another woman into the house.
(b) Tells the doctor not to tell her anything.
(c) Refuses food from her.
(d) Sells all of her clothes .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
2. What does Janie learn to do in Chapter 10?
3. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
4. Who comes into the store while everyone is away?
5. Who is Eatonville named after?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)