|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Janie compare Jody to in her speech?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Logan Killicks.
(c) King Solomon.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. What do Janie and Tea Cake do when the picking season ends?
(a) They keep working the fields.
(b) They return to Eatonville.
(c) They stay in the Everglades.
(d) They go on a long vacation to Mexico.
3. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
(a) A new house.
(d) A husband.
4. How does Janie know the hurricane is coming?
(a) She sees the storm coming in the sky.
(b) The Seminoles tell her.
(c) Tea Cake tells her.
(d) She hears about it on the radio.
5. What do the men who try to court Janie really want?
(a) Her wisdom.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her store.
(d) Her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays, then flees, with Tea Cake and Janie?
2. Where is everyone headed in Chapter 10?
3. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
4. For how long does Janie wear black to signify her mourning over Joe?
5. What does Tea Cake want to protect Janie from?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)