|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pheoby's husband's name?
2. What does Hurston say that Janie's grandmother pinched and tied around Janie's neck "tight enough to choke her"?
(b) The horizon.
3. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
(a) She manages the store.
(b) She sells cakes and pies from her home.
(c) She is a nanny for a white family.
(d) She quilts with the other women.
4. Who is Eatonville named after?
(a) Joe Starks' first wife.
(b) Janie's grandmother.
(c) Lady Eaton of Georgia.
(d) Mr. Eaton, who donated the land to the blacks.
5. What does Mr. Turner do when the restaurant is getting torn up?
(a) He helps his wife clean up.
(b) He sits in the corner and smokes a pipe.
(c) He runs home.
(d) He calls the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
2. How old is Joe in Chapter 7?
3. What does Hurston compare Janie's funeral veil to?
4. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
5. What has been Joe's source of power so far in the novel?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)