|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie compare Jody's body to?
(b) "A nekkid grandpa."
(c) "A horse rump."
(d) The "change uh life."
2. The first line of the novel is "Ships at a distance have every man's _________ on board." (Fill in the blank)
3. Why does Joe buy the mule?
(a) He wants to impress the other men.
(b) He wants Janie to take care of the mule.
(c) He needs the mule to work his land.
(d) He overhears Janie saying that the mule needs rest.
4. What does Logan want Janie to do while she is making breakfast?
(a) Bring him some water.
(b) Help him shoe a horse.
(c) Go into town for groceries.
(d) Help him move the manure pile.
5. What does Joe do to hurt Janie in Chapter 8?
(a) Sells all of her clothes .
(b) Moves another woman into the house.
(c) Tells the doctor not to tell her anything.
(d) Refuses food from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie leave Eatonville wearing?
2. What do the men compare beating a woman to?
3. What does Hurston compare Janie's funeral veil to?
4. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
5. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)