|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
(a) The first street lamp in town.
(b) The end of slavery.
(c) Joe and Janie's wedding.
(d) The first paved road in town.
2. How does Tea Cake die?
(a) He drinks poison.
(b) He is stabbed in a bar fight.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) Janie shoots him in self-defense.
3. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
(a) The Everglades.
(b) West Maitland.
(d) East Tampa.
4. What is Pheoby's husband's name?
5. What is Tea Cake's given name?
(a) Logan Killicks.
(b) Vergible Woods.
(c) Sam Malone.
(d) Sam Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
2. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
3. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
4. For how long does Janie wear black to signify her mourning over Joe?
5. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)