|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie do at home after the funeral?
(a) She packs her bags to leave town.
(b) She cries herself to sleep.
(c) She burns her head rags.
(d) She burns all of Joe's belongings.
2. How did Janie's mother become pregnant with Janie?
(a) Nanny sells her to a white man.
(b) She was raped by the school teacher.
(c) She spent the night with a white man.
(d) She married a soldier.
3. What does Joe build in Chapter 5?
(a) A store.
(b) A barn.
(c) A house.
(d) A saw mill.
4. What is Janie doing when Pheoby comes to see her?
(a) Making dinner.
(b) Soaking and washing her feet.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Washing her dress.
5. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
(a) Nunkie tells Tea Cake that Janie is cheating on him.
(b) Nunkie dresses provocatively.
(c) Nunkie pretends to be sick for Tea Cake's sympathy
(d) Nunkie teases and hits Tea Cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the townspeople react to the scene between Jody and Janie in the store?
2. What is Janie's maiden name?
3. How does Tea Cake tell Janie to treat Mrs. Turner?
4. What do the men who try to court Janie really want?
5. What does Hurston compare Janie's funeral veil to?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)