|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
(a) She quilts with the other women.
(b) She is a nanny for a white family.
(c) She sells cakes and pies from her home.
(d) She manages the store.
2. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
(b) East Tampa.
(c) West Maitland.
(d) The Everglades.
3. What does Janie let Tea Cake do that none of the other men have been able to do?
(a) Take her to dinner.
(b) Come up on her porch.
(c) Buy her a soda.
(d) Borrow some money.
4. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A sunset.
(b) A ripe fruit.
(c) A sunrise.
(d) A blossoming tree.
5. How much of the two hundred dollars is left when Tea Cake returns home?
(a) Twelve dollars.
(b) All of it.
(d) 100 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janie's response to Joe's anger in the store after he chastises her?
2. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
3. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
4. What does Janie realize she feels for her grandmother?
5. Who is Janie's best friend?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)