|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Jody and Janie about Eatonville?
(a) How large the town is.
(b) How small it is.
(c) How many people live there.
(d) That there are no blacks there.
2. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
(a) She sells cakes and pies from her home.
(b) She manages the store.
(c) She quilts with the other women.
(d) She is a nanny for a white family.
3. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A ripe fruit.
(b) A sunrise.
(c) A blossoming tree.
(d) A sunset.
4. What does Janie like about the store?
(a) The independence she feels by running the store.
(b) The people who visit her.
(c) The conversations on the porch.
(d) That she gets to work with Joe.
5. Where does Janie get married?
(a) In Miami.
(b) In Nanny's parlor.
(c) In the Washburns' back yard.
(d) At the Baptist church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Logan says Janie acts like she thinks she is ______. (Fill in the blank)
2. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
3. What does Hurston say that Janie's grandmother pinched and tied around Janie's neck "tight enough to choke her"?
4. Where is everyone headed in Chapter 10?
5. What is the subject of most of the jokes told on the porch?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)