|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
2. For how long does Janie wear black to signify her mourning over Joe?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six months.
3. What does Janie eat for dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) Mulatto rice.
(b) Vegetable stew.
(c) A ham sandwich.
(d) Turkey and dressing.
4. How old do the neighbors think Janie is when she returns home in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Tea Cake say he will come back to visit Janie?
(a) To teach her more about checkers.
(b) To pay her for his groceries.
(c) To bring her flowers.
(d) To take her out to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
2. What does Nanny call the "very prong all us black women gits hung on"?
3. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
4. What symbol returns in Chapter 11 as a feeling that Tea Cake awakens in Janie?
5. What is Tea Cake's given name?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)