|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
(a) She is a nanny for a white family.
(b) She manages the store.
(c) She sells cakes and pies from her home.
(d) She quilts with the other women.
2. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
(b) Janie leaving home.
(c) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
(d) Janie graduating from high school.
3. Jody says all women need telling, just like ____________. (Fill in the blank)
(c) Children and chickens and cows.
(d) Black people.
4. How do the townspeople react to the scene between Jody and Janie in the store?
(a) They lose respect for Joe.
(b) They all leave the store.
(c) They encourage Joe to beat Janie.
(d) They are embarrassed.
5. What is the first thing Janie does once Joe is dead?
(a) She runs to get the doctor.
(b) She covers Joe's face.
(c) She lets down her hair.
(d) She breaks his spittoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janie doing when Pheoby comes to see her?
2. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
3. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
4. What does Tea Cake call the land that he works on?
5. What does Janie feel for Joe as he dies?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)