|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
(a) A bathtub.
(b) A feather bed.
(c) An organ.
(d) A wood-burning stove.
2. How does Janie suggest that Tea Cake get home?
(a) By train.
(b) By car.
(c) On foot.
(d) By horse.
3. Who comes into the store while everyone is away?
(c) Tea Cake.
4. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
(a) Janie gets better grades than them.
(b) Janie makes fun of the other girls.
(c) Janie talks differently than the other kids.
(d) Janie's clothes are better than the other kids' clothes.
5. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
(a) 1 acre.
(b) 100 acres.
(c) 60 acres.
(d) 10 acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hezekiah behave in the store?
2. What does Hurston compare Janie's funeral veil to?
3. What is Janie doing when Pheoby comes to see her?
4. What is the first thing Janie does once Joe is dead?
5. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)