|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Janie and Tea Cake go in Chapter 14?
(a) The Everglades.
2. What does Hurston compare Janie's funeral veil to?
(a) A burial shroud.
(b) A bridal veil.
(c) A wall of stone and steel.
(d) A party mask.
3. What song is played at Joe's funeral?
(a) "When the Saints Go Marching In."
(b) "All by Myself."
(c) "Safe in the Arms of Jesus."
(d) "Amazing Grace."
4. What is Janie doing when Pheoby comes to see her?
(a) Making dinner.
(b) Soaking and washing her feet.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Washing her dress.
5. What does Joe make Janie do (out of jealousy)?
(a) He makes her tie up her hair when she is in the store.
(b) He makes her mop the floors of the store.
(c) He makes her stay in the house all day.
(d) He makes her wear an ugly dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nanny do to avoid being whipped by the plantation Mistress?
2. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
3. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
4. Why does Logan go to Lake City?
5. What do the townspeople do when the mule dies?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)