|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
(b) Janie graduating from high school.
(c) Janie leaving home.
(d) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
2. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
(b) Logan Killicks.
(c) Tea Cake.
(d) Joe Brown.
3. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A ripe fruit.
(b) A blossoming tree.
(c) A sunrise.
(d) A sunset.
4. How do the townspeople react to the scene between Jody and Janie in the store?
(a) They encourage Joe to beat Janie.
(b) They all leave the store.
(c) They lose respect for Joe.
(d) They are embarrassed.
5. What emotion is personified in Chapter 9 as something that Janie asks questions of at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople do when the mule dies?
2. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
3. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
4. What does Hezekiah think of Tea Cake?
5. What does Joe ask Janie to do?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)