|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A blossoming tree.
(b) A sunrise.
(c) A sunset.
(d) A ripe fruit.
2. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
(a) Joe Brown.
(b) Logan Killicks.
(c) Tea Cake.
3. What emotion is personified in Chapter 9 as something that Janie asks questions of at night?
4. How does Janie feel about Tea Cake at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She is annoyed with him.
(c) She thinks he is a thief.
(d) She feels like she's known him all her life.
5. What does Janie keep waiting for after her marriage?
(a) To have a baby.
(b) To move to another city.
(c) To fall in love with her husband.
(d) To get a new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie do to get Joe's attention?
2. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
3. Who does Janie say is the only person Joe ever listened to?
4. Where does Janie get a doctor from?
5. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)