|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Janie think of as a warning about what Tea Cake might do to her?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Pheoby Watson.
(c) Joe Starks.
(d) Annie Tyler.
2. What does Jody do when Janie burns his breakfast.
(a) He throws the food out the window.
(b) He kicks her out of the house.
(c) He tells her it's okay.
(d) He slaps her face.
3. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Buy him a car.
(b) Have a baby with him.
(c) Work in the fields with him.
(d) Return to Eatonville alone.
4. Where does Janie get married?
(a) In the Washburns' back yard.
(b) At the Baptist church.
(c) In Nanny's parlor.
(d) In Miami.
5. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
(a) The front gate.
(b) The school yard.
(c) The rose bush.
(d) The pear tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Janie compare Jody to in her speech?
2. How do the men in town feel about Jody toward the end of Chapter 5?
3. What does Logan say that he and Nanny have done to Janie?
4. Where is Joe Starks from?
5. What does Tea Cake help Janie with at the end of the night?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)