|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
(a) She yells at the other children.
(b) She homeschools Janie.
(c) She sends Janie to a different school.
(d) She buys them some land and their own house.
2. What is a "pound of knuckle pudding"?
(a) A baked treat.
(b) A meat pie.
(c) A hand cream.
(d) A beating with the fists.
3. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
(a) After the picnic.
(b) After he is seen leaving her house one morning.
(c) After he starts working at the store.
(d) After she is late opening the store every day.
4. What does Joe ask Janie to do?
(a) Cut her hair off.
(b) Kill her husband.
(c) Mend his socks.
(d) Leave Logan and marry him.
5. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
(a) A feather bed.
(b) A wood-burning stove.
(c) A bathtub.
(d) An organ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Logan go to Lake City?
2. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
3. What does Janie use as a weapon in Chapter 7?
4. How do the men in town feel about Jody toward the end of Chapter 5?
5. What song is played at Joe's funeral?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)