|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Janie feel about Tea Cake at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She is annoyed with him.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She thinks he is a thief.
(d) She feels like she's known him all her life.
2. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
(a) Tea Cake.
(b) Logan Killicks.
(c) Joe Brown.
3. What does Janie like about the store?
(a) The independence she feels by running the store.
(b) That she gets to work with Joe.
(c) The people who visit her.
(d) The conversations on the porch.
4. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
(a) Big Mouth.
(b) Tea Cake.
(c) Baby Boy.
(d) Rum Pan.
5. What action does Hurston compare Jody's harsh words to Janie in the store to?
(a) Kicking a mule.
(b) Beating a dog.
(c) Hugging a child.
(d) Stripping a woman on a crowded street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol returns in Chapter 11 as a feeling that Tea Cake awakens in Janie?
2. What is Tea Cake's given name?
3. What does Tea Cake help Janie with at the end of the night?
4. How does Janie suggest that Tea Cake get home?
5. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)