|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
(a) East Tampa.
(b) West Maitland.
(c) The Everglades.
2. For how long does Janie wear black to signify her mourning over Joe?
(a) Two days.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
3. What does Janie do at home after the funeral?
(a) She burns her head rags.
(b) She burns all of Joe's belongings.
(c) She packs her bags to leave town.
(d) She cries herself to sleep.
4. After they've been married for about a year, what does Logan tell Janie she can now do for herself?
(a) Bring the chopped wood inside.
(b) Move out of the house.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Fix the wagon.
5. What does Tea Cake teach Janie how to do in the Everglades?
(a) How to play guitar.
(b) How to cook.
(c) How to sew.
(d) How to shoot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
2. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
3. What does Joe ask Janie to do?
4. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
5. How old is Tea Cake?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)