|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie eat for dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) Vegetable stew.
(b) Turkey and dressing.
(c) Mulatto rice.
(d) A ham sandwich.
2. What does Joe do after the big fight with Janie?
(a) He apologizes to Janie.
(b) He tells Janie to pack up and leave him.
(c) He closes down the store.
(d) He moves into another bedroom in the house.
3. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
(a) Big Mouth.
(b) Rum Pan.
(c) Tea Cake.
(d) Baby Boy.
4. What do the men who try to court Janie really want?
(a) Her store.
(b) Her body.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her wisdom.
5. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
(a) Johnny Taylor.
(b) Logan Killicks.
(c) Brody Jenks.
(d) Nathaniel Washburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
2. What is the subject of most of the jokes told on the porch?
3. How does Janie suggest that Tea Cake get home?
4. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
5. What symbol returns in Chapter 11 as a feeling that Tea Cake awakens in Janie?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)