|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
(a) Teach in a school.
(b) Work the plow.
(c) Sit on the porch and rock and fan herself.
(d) Work at a dress shop.
2. What does Janie like about the store?
(a) The conversations on the porch.
(b) The independence she feels by running the store.
(c) The people who visit her.
(d) That she gets to work with Joe.
3. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
(a) His wife.
(b) His gold spittoon.
(c) His silk suit.
(d) His feathered hat.
4. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
(a) The baby's fair skin.
(b) The baby's gray eyes and yellow hair.
(c) The baby is always hidden .
(d) The plantation Master sends the baby away.
5. What do Janie's neighbors want to know about her?
(a) Why she has come home.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Where her boyfriend is.
(d) Where all her money is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe want the town to have that the men of Eatonville say the white men won't give him?
2. Who is Eatonville named after?
3. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
4. What is Janie's response to Joe's anger in the store after he chastises her?
5. Who is wearing a pair of overalls in Chapter 1?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)