|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jody says all women need telling, just like ____________. (Fill in the blank)
(a) Children and chickens and cows.
(b) Black people.
2. What does Janie have to do when Logan goes to Lake City for the day?
(a) Pack him a lunch.
(b) Plow the field.
(c) Go to the grocery store.
(d) Cut up potatoes.
3. What nickname does Janie have as a child?
(b) Little One.
(c) Baby Girl.
4. What is Janie's response to Joe's anger in the store after he chastises her?
(a) She ignores him all day.
(b) She throws the tobacco plug at him.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She gets fed up and makes fun of his aging body.
5. How old do the neighbors think Janie is when she returns home in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople do when the mule dies?
2. The first line of the novel is "Ships at a distance have every man's _________ on board." (Fill in the blank)
3. Why does Joe not allow Janie to participate in the social scene around the store?
4. When does Janie realize she is not white?
5. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)