|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Janie take notice of Joe Starks?
(a) His dirty face.
(b) His clothes and the way he walks.
(c) He is running into town.
(d) He whistles at her.
2. What is Janie doing when Pheoby comes to see her?
(a) Washing her dress.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Soaking and washing her feet.
(d) Making dinner.
3. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
(a) Rum Pan.
(b) Big Mouth.
(c) Tea Cake.
(d) Baby Boy.
4. What does Joe build in Chapter 5?
(a) A barn.
(b) A store.
(c) A saw mill.
(d) A house.
5. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
(b) Janie leaving home.
(c) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
(d) Janie graduating from high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
2. What does Janie compare Jody's body to?
3. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
4. How do the men in town feel about Jody toward the end of Chapter 5?
5. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)