|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Joe Starks from?
(c) Up north.
2. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
(a) An organ.
(b) A wood-burning stove.
(c) A bathtub.
(d) A feather bed.
3. Jody says all women need telling, just like ____________. (Fill in the blank)
(a) Children and chickens and cows.
(c) Black people.
4. What do Janie's neighbors want to know about her?
(a) Where all her money is.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Where her boyfriend is.
(d) Why she has come home.
5. Why does Joe get mad at Janie in Chapter 6?
(a) She yells at him on the porch.
(b) She wears lipstick to church.
(c) He cannot find a bill of lading in the store.
(d) She has an affair with another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
2. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
3. What does Janie do instead of finishing breakfast?
4. How did Janie's mother become pregnant with Janie?
5. What does Joe want the town to have that the men of Eatonville say the white men won't give him?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)