|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
(a) A wood-burning stove.
(b) An organ.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) A bathtub.
2. What do Janie's neighbors want to know about her?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Why she has come home.
(c) Where all her money is.
(d) Where her boyfriend is.
3. What does Janie eat for dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) Turkey and dressing.
(b) Mulatto rice.
(c) Vegetable stew.
(d) A ham sandwich.
4. What do the men compare beating a woman to?
(a) Cooking a hamburger.
(b) Teaching a lesson.
(c) Stepping on baby chickens.
(d) Sinning against God.
5. How does Jody deal with his aging?
(a) He hides in the back of the store so people won't see him.
(b) He gets plastic surgery.
(c) He berates Janie for her aging to make himself feel better.
(d) He runs around with young girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
2. What does Janie do to get Joe's attention?
3. How old is Joe in Chapter 7?
4. Who is Eatonville named after?
5. Why does Joe not allow Janie to participate in the social scene around the store?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)