|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
(a) Janie gets better grades than them.
(b) Janie's clothes are better than the other kids' clothes.
(c) Janie talks differently than the other kids.
(d) Janie makes fun of the other girls.
2. Where does Janie get married?
(a) At the Baptist church.
(b) In Miami.
(c) In Nanny's parlor.
(d) In the Washburns' back yard.
3. What time of day is it when the novel begins?
(b) Lunch time.
4. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
(a) The baby's gray eyes and yellow hair.
(b) The baby is always hidden .
(c) The baby's fair skin.
(d) The plantation Master sends the baby away.
5. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
(a) An organ.
(b) A wood-burning stove.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) A bathtub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men compare beating a woman to?
2. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
3. What does Joe make Janie do (out of jealousy)?
4. What does Janie keep waiting for after her marriage?
5. What does Janie do that upsets Joe in the store in Chapter 7?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)