|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
(a) She sells cakes and pies from her home.
(b) She quilts with the other women.
(c) She is a nanny for a white family.
(d) She manages the store.
2. What does Janie keep waiting for after her marriage?
(a) To have a baby.
(b) To get a new dress.
(c) To move to another city.
(d) To fall in love with her husband.
3. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
(a) 10 acres.
(b) 60 acres.
(c) 1 acre.
(d) 100 acres.
4. How do the townspeople react to the scene between Jody and Janie in the store?
(a) They lose respect for Joe.
(b) They encourage Joe to beat Janie.
(c) They are embarrassed.
(d) They all leave the store.
5. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
(a) East Tampa.
(b) The Everglades.
(c) West Maitland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
2. How do the men in town feel about Jody toward the end of Chapter 5?
3. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
4. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
5. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)