|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody do when Janie burns his breakfast.
(a) He tells her it's okay.
(b) He throws the food out the window.
(c) He slaps her face.
(d) He kicks her out of the house.
2. Where does Janie get married?
(a) At the Baptist church.
(b) In the Washburns' back yard.
(c) In Miami.
(d) In Nanny's parlor.
3. What does Janie use as a weapon in Chapter 7?
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her fists.
4. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
(a) She sends Janie to a different school.
(b) She yells at the other children.
(c) She buys them some land and their own house.
(d) She homeschools Janie.
5. What has been Joe's source of power so far in the novel?
(a) Janie's love.
(b) Physical force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople do when the mule dies?
2. When does Janie realize she is not white?
3. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
4. What does Janie do instead of finishing breakfast?
5. Logan says Janie acts like she thinks she is ______. (Fill in the blank)
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)