|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie use as a weapon in Chapter 7?
(c) Her fists.
(d) Her hair.
2. Why does Joe not allow Janie to participate in the social scene around the store?
(a) He says she needs to tend the store.
(b) He is afraid she will get too upset.
(c) He wants her to be jealous.
(d) He says it is beneath her.
3. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A blossoming tree.
(b) A sunrise.
(c) A sunset.
(d) A ripe fruit.
4. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
(a) A mule.
(b) A house.
(c) A dress for Janie.
(d) 200 more acres of land.
5. Who is Eatonville named after?
(a) Joe Starks' first wife.
(b) Lady Eaton of Georgia.
(c) Mr. Eaton, who donated the land to the blacks.
(d) Janie's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe buy the mule?
2. After they've been married for about a year, what does Logan tell Janie she can now do for herself?
3. What does Hurston compare Janie to in Chapter 7?
4. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
5. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)