|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Janie's neighbors want to know about her?
(a) Where her boyfriend is.
(b) Where all her money is.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Why she has come home.
2. What do the townspeople do when the mule dies?
(a) They bury it in Joe's back yard.
(b) They drag it out to the swamp for a ceremony.
(c) They cook it and eat it.
(d) They leave the carcass on Bonner's front porch.
3. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
(a) Tea Cake.
(b) Rum Pan.
(c) Baby Boy.
(d) Big Mouth.
4. Jody says all women need telling, just like ____________. (Fill in the blank)
(a) Black people.
(d) Children and chickens and cows.
5. What does Janie find difficult about tending the store?
(a) The crowds.
(b) The customer service.
(c) Handling the meat.
(d) The calculations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Janie in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Janie compare Jody to in her speech?
3. What surprises Jody and Janie about Eatonville?
4. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
5. What does Janie find unattractive about her husband in Chapter 3?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)