|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Logan says Janie acts like she thinks she is ______. (Fill in the blank)
(a) A man.
(b) A queen.
2. What does Janie find unattractive about her husband in Chapter 3?
(a) His belly.
(b) He doesn't wash his feet before bed.
(c) His toenails.
(d) All of the above.
3. Who is Eatonville named after?
(a) Janie's grandmother.
(b) Mr. Eaton, who donated the land to the blacks.
(c) Joe Starks' first wife.
(d) Lady Eaton of Georgia.
4. When does Janie realize she is not white?
(a) When the kids at school tease her.
(b) When her grandmother tells her.
(c) When she sees a picture of herself with the white children.
(d) When she looks in the mirror.
5. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
(b) Janie leaving home.
(c) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
(d) Janie graduating from high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Logan want Janie to do while she is making breakfast?
2. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
3. What is Janie's maiden name?
4. The first line of the novel is "Ships at a distance have every man's _________ on board." (Fill in the blank)
5. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)