|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
(a) Johnny Taylor.
(b) Nathaniel Washburn.
(c) Brody Jenks.
(d) Logan Killicks.
2. Where is Joe Starks from?
(b) Up north.
3. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
(a) His gold spittoon.
(b) His wife.
(c) His silk suit.
(d) His feathered hat.
4. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Janie leaving home.
(b) Janie graduating from high school.
(c) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
(d) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
5. The first line of the novel is "Ships at a distance have every man's _________ on board." (Fill in the blank)
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is wearing a pair of overalls in Chapter 1?
2. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
3. Who is Janie's best friend?
4. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
5. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)