|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first line of the novel is "Ships at a distance have every man's _________ on board." (Fill in the blank)
2. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A sunrise.
(b) A sunset.
(c) A blossoming tree.
(d) A ripe fruit.
3. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Janie leaving home.
(b) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
(c) Janie graduating from high school.
(d) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
4. What is Pheoby's husband's name?
5. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Eatonville named after?
2. What does Joe build in Chapter 5?
3. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
4. What does Nanny call the "very prong all us black women gits hung on"?
5. What does Janie keep waiting for after her marriage?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)