|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Janie take notice of Joe Starks?
(a) His clothes and the way he walks.
(b) He whistles at her.
(c) He is running into town.
(d) His dirty face.
2. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
(a) Janie gets better grades than them.
(b) Janie makes fun of the other girls.
(c) Janie's clothes are better than the other kids' clothes.
(d) Janie talks differently than the other kids.
3. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
(a) The baby's fair skin.
(b) The plantation Master sends the baby away.
(c) The baby's gray eyes and yellow hair.
(d) The baby is always hidden .
4. What does Janie do to get Joe's attention?
(a) She asks if he wants to come in and rest.
(b) She throws a rock at him.
(c) She starts pumping the well for water.
(d) She tells him he is handsome.
5. What surprises Jody and Janie about Eatonville?
(a) How small it is.
(b) How many people live there.
(c) That there are no blacks there.
(d) How large the town is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
2. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
3. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
4. What do the other children tease Janie about?
5. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)