|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
(a) She buys them some land and their own house.
(b) She homeschools Janie.
(c) She yells at the other children.
(d) She sends Janie to a different school.
2. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
(a) Brody Jenks.
(b) Logan Killicks.
(c) Nathaniel Washburn.
(d) Johnny Taylor.
3. When does Janie realize she is not white?
(a) When the kids at school tease her.
(b) When she looks in the mirror.
(c) When she sees a picture of herself with the white children.
(d) When her grandmother tells her.
4. Where does Janie get married?
(a) In the Washburns' back yard.
(b) At the Baptist church.
(c) In Nanny's parlor.
(d) In Miami.
5. Who is wearing a pair of overalls in Chapter 1?
(b) Tea Cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe want the town to have that the men of Eatonville say the white men won't give him?
2. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
3. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
4. What do Janie's neighbors want to know about her?
5. What is Janie's maiden name?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)