|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
(b) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
(c) Janie graduating from high school.
(d) Janie leaving home.
2. When does Janie realize she is not white?
(a) When she sees a picture of herself with the white children.
(b) When her grandmother tells her.
(c) When she looks in the mirror.
(d) When the kids at school tease her.
3. How do the men in town feel about Jody toward the end of Chapter 5?
(a) They are mad at him for building the store.
(b) They are resentful of the way he exercises his power like a white man.
(c) They are grateful for his generousity.
(d) They look up to him like a god.
4. Who is wearing a pair of overalls in Chapter 1?
(a) Tea Cake.
5. Who is Eatonville named after?
(a) Mr. Eaton, who donated the land to the blacks.
(b) Joe Starks' first wife.
(c) Lady Eaton of Georgia.
(d) Janie's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie eat for dinner in Chapter 1?
2. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
3. What does Janie keep waiting for after her marriage?
4. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
5. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)