|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie have to do when Logan goes to Lake City for the day?
(a) Plow the field.
(b) Go to the grocery store.
(c) Cut up potatoes.
(d) Pack him a lunch.
2. After they've been married for about a year, what does Logan tell Janie she can now do for herself?
(a) Clean the house.
(b) Bring the chopped wood inside.
(c) Move out of the house.
(d) Fix the wagon.
3. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
(a) 200 more acres of land.
(b) A mule.
(c) A house.
(d) A dress for Janie.
4. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
(a) Teach in a school.
(b) Work at a dress shop.
(c) Sit on the porch and rock and fan herself.
(d) Work the plow.
5. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) Logan dies.
(b) Nanny dies.
(c) Janie divorces Logan.
(d) Janie has a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nanny call the "very prong all us black women gits hung on"?
2. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
3. What is Pheoby's husband's name?
4. What does Janie do instead of finishing breakfast?
5. What do the other children tease Janie about?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)