|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
(a) A new house.
(d) A husband.
2. Logan says Janie acts like she thinks she is ______. (Fill in the blank)
(a) A queen.
(b) A man.
3. What does Janie have to do when Logan goes to Lake City for the day?
(a) Cut up potatoes.
(b) Go to the grocery store.
(c) Pack him a lunch.
(d) Plow the field.
4. What does Janie do to get Joe's attention?
(a) She asks if he wants to come in and rest.
(b) She starts pumping the well for water.
(c) She throws a rock at him.
(d) She tells him he is handsome.
5. What are Janie's neighbors doing when she arrives home?
(a) The neighbors are all asleep.
(b) The neighbors are hiding inside Janie's house to throw her a surprise party.
(c) The neighbors are building a barn.
(d) The neighbors are gathered on Pheoby's front porch to gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
2. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
3. What does Nanny do to avoid being whipped by the plantation Mistress?
4. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
5. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)