|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Logan want Janie to do while she is making breakfast?
(a) Help him move the manure pile.
(b) Go into town for groceries.
(c) Help him shoe a horse.
(d) Bring him some water.
2. The first line of the novel is "Ships at a distance have every man's _________ on board." (Fill in the blank)
3. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
(b) Pay him for his advice.
(c) Start a city council.
(d) Build a bridge.
4. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
(a) A feather bed.
(b) A wood-burning stove.
(c) An organ.
(d) A bathtub.
5. What does Janie do instead of finishing breakfast?
(a) She goes back to bed.
(b) She helps Logan with some chores.
(c) She leaves to meet up with Joe and run away with him.
(d) She goes into town for groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
2. What does Janie keep waiting for after her marriage?
3. Who is Eatonville named after?
4. What is Pheoby's husband's name?
5. What does Nanny call the "very prong all us black women gits hung on"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)