|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old do the neighbors think Janie is when she returns home in Chapter 1?
2. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
(a) Janie talks differently than the other kids.
(b) Janie gets better grades than them.
(c) Janie's clothes are better than the other kids' clothes.
(d) Janie makes fun of the other girls.
3. What is Janie doing when Pheoby comes to see her?
(a) Soaking and washing her feet.
(b) Washing her dress.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Making dinner.
4. What do the other children tease Janie about?
(a) Janie's poor family.
(b) The hound dogs chasing Janie's father.
(c) The way Janie's grandmother talks.
(d) Janie's good grades in school.
5. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
(a) Logan Killicks.
(b) Tea Cake.
(c) Joe Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
2. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
3. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
4. Who is wearing a pair of overalls in Chapter 1?
5. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)