|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
(a) She thinks Janie is sick.
(b) She thinks Janie's husband has been beating her.
(c) She thinks Janie is pregnant.
(d) She thinks Janie will leave Logan.
2. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
(a) Janie's clothes are better than the other kids' clothes.
(b) Janie talks differently than the other kids.
(c) Janie gets better grades than them.
(d) Janie makes fun of the other girls.
3. When does Janie realize she is not white?
(a) When she looks in the mirror.
(b) When she sees a picture of herself with the white children.
(c) When the kids at school tease her.
(d) When her grandmother tells her.
4. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
(b) A husband.
(c) A new house.
5. What does Nanny do to avoid being whipped by the plantation Mistress?
(a) She kills the Mistress.
(b) She calls the police.
(c) She runs away with the Master.
(d) She runs away into the woods with her baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie keep waiting for after her marriage?
2. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
3. What is Pheoby's husband's name?
4. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
5. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)