|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
(a) The rose bush.
(b) The pear tree.
(c) The front gate.
(d) The school yard.
2. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
(a) She thinks Janie is sick.
(b) She thinks Janie is pregnant.
(c) She thinks Janie will leave Logan.
(d) She thinks Janie's husband has been beating her.
3. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
(b) Janie leaving home.
(c) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
(d) Janie graduating from high school.
4. What are Janie's neighbors doing when she arrives home?
(a) The neighbors are building a barn.
(b) The neighbors are all asleep.
(c) The neighbors are gathered on Pheoby's front porch to gossip.
(d) The neighbors are hiding inside Janie's house to throw her a surprise party.
5. What does Nanny do to avoid being whipped by the plantation Mistress?
(a) She kills the Mistress.
(b) She calls the police.
(c) She runs away into the woods with her baby.
(d) She runs away with the Master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie find unattractive about her husband in Chapter 3?
2. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
3. What does Janie eat for dinner in Chapter 1?
4. Where does Janie get married?
5. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)