|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
(a) She thinks Janie's husband has been beating her.
(b) She thinks Janie is sick.
(c) She thinks Janie will leave Logan.
(d) She thinks Janie is pregnant.
2. What do Janie's neighbors want to know about her?
(a) Why she has come home.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Where her boyfriend is.
(d) Where all her money is.
3. What does Janie eat for dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) Mulatto rice.
(b) A ham sandwich.
(c) Turkey and dressing.
(d) Vegetable stew.
4. Who is wearing a pair of overalls in Chapter 1?
(a) Tea Cake.
5. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
(a) Baby Boy.
(b) Tea Cake.
(c) Big Mouth.
(d) Rum Pan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nanny call the "very prong all us black women gits hung on"?
2. The first line of the novel is "Ships at a distance have every man's _________ on board." (Fill in the blank)
3. What is Janie's maiden name?
4. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
5. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)