|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
(a) She thinks Janie's husband has been beating her.
(b) She thinks Janie will leave Logan.
(c) She thinks Janie is sick.
(d) She thinks Janie is pregnant.
2. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
(a) A feather bed.
(b) An organ.
(c) A bathtub.
(d) A wood-burning stove.
3. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
(a) Sleeps on the couch.
(b) Cooks dinner.
(c) Brushes her hair at night.
(d) Chops the wood and carries it inside.
4. The first line of the novel is "Ships at a distance have every man's _________ on board." (Fill in the blank)
5. Where does Janie get married?
(a) In Nanny's parlor.
(b) In the Washburns' back yard.
(c) In Miami.
(d) At the Baptist church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
2. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
3. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
4. What does Janie find unattractive about her husband in Chapter 3?
5. What is Pheoby's husband's name?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)