|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) Logan dies.
(b) Janie has a baby.
(c) Janie divorces Logan.
(d) Nanny dies.
2. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
(b) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
(c) Janie graduating from high school.
(d) Janie leaving home.
3. What does Nanny do to avoid being whipped by the plantation Mistress?
(a) She runs away with the Master.
(b) She runs away into the woods with her baby.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She kills the Mistress.
4. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
(a) 100 acres.
(b) 10 acres.
(c) 1 acre.
(d) 60 acres.
5. Where does Janie get married?
(a) In Miami.
(b) In Nanny's parlor.
(c) In the Washburns' back yard.
(d) At the Baptist church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janie doing when Pheoby comes to see her?
2. What does Janie eat for dinner in Chapter 1?
3. What is Pheoby's husband's name?
4. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
5. When does Janie realize she is not white?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)