|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is wearing a pair of overalls in Chapter 1?
(c) Tea Cake.
2. What does Janie keep waiting for after her marriage?
(a) To have a baby.
(b) To get a new dress.
(c) To move to another city.
(d) To fall in love with her husband.
3. Where does Janie get married?
(a) At the Baptist church.
(b) In Nanny's parlor.
(c) In Miami.
(d) In the Washburns' back yard.
4. What does Nanny do to avoid being whipped by the plantation Mistress?
(a) She runs away into the woods with her baby.
(b) She runs away with the Master.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She kills the Mistress.
5. What are Janie's neighbors doing when she arrives home?
(a) The neighbors are all asleep.
(b) The neighbors are hiding inside Janie's house to throw her a surprise party.
(c) The neighbors are building a barn.
(d) The neighbors are gathered on Pheoby's front porch to gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janie doing when Pheoby comes to see her?
2. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
3. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
4. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
5. What does Janie eat for dinner in Chapter 1?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)