|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
(a) She homeschools Janie.
(b) She buys them some land and their own house.
(c) She yells at the other children.
(d) She sends Janie to a different school.
2. What are Janie's neighbors doing when she arrives home?
(a) The neighbors are gathered on Pheoby's front porch to gossip.
(b) The neighbors are hiding inside Janie's house to throw her a surprise party.
(c) The neighbors are building a barn.
(d) The neighbors are all asleep.
3. How did Janie's mother become pregnant with Janie?
(a) She spent the night with a white man.
(b) Nanny sells her to a white man.
(c) She married a soldier.
(d) She was raped by the school teacher.
4. Who is wearing a pair of overalls in Chapter 1?
(a) Tea Cake.
5. What is Pheoby's husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it when the novel begins?
2. What does Janie eat for dinner in Chapter 1?
3. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
4. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
5. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)