|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
(a) She thinks Janie is pregnant.
(b) She thinks Janie will leave Logan.
(c) She thinks Janie is sick.
(d) She thinks Janie's husband has been beating her.
2. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
(a) Brody Jenks.
(b) Nathaniel Washburn.
(c) Johnny Taylor.
(d) Logan Killicks.
3. What is Janie's maiden name?
4. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A blossoming tree.
(b) A ripe fruit.
(c) A sunset.
(d) A sunrise.
5. What does Nanny do to avoid being whipped by the plantation Mistress?
(a) She runs away with the Master.
(b) She kills the Mistress.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She runs away into the woods with her baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other children tease Janie about?
2. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
3. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
4. What are Janie's neighbors doing when she arrives home?
5. The first line of the novel is "Ships at a distance have every man's _________ on board." (Fill in the blank)
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)