|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nanny call the "very prong all us black women gits hung on"?
2. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
(a) A new house.
(d) A husband.
3. What does Janie keep waiting for after her marriage?
(a) To move to another city.
(b) To get a new dress.
(c) To fall in love with her husband.
(d) To have a baby.
4. How old do the neighbors think Janie is when she returns home in Chapter 1?
5. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A sunset.
(b) A sunrise.
(c) A ripe fruit.
(d) A blossoming tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other children tease Janie about?
2. When does Janie realize she is not white?
3. How did Janie's mother become pregnant with Janie?
4. What are Janie's neighbors doing when she arrives home?
5. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)