|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Janie's neighbors doing when she arrives home?
(a) The neighbors are building a barn.
(b) The neighbors are gathered on Pheoby's front porch to gossip.
(c) The neighbors are all asleep.
(d) The neighbors are hiding inside Janie's house to throw her a surprise party.
2. What is Janie doing when Pheoby comes to see her?
(a) Washing her dress.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Soaking and washing her feet.
(d) Making dinner.
3. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A sunrise.
(b) A blossoming tree.
(c) A ripe fruit.
(d) A sunset.
4. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
(a) She thinks Janie is sick.
(b) She thinks Janie will leave Logan.
(c) She thinks Janie's husband has been beating her.
(d) She thinks Janie is pregnant.
5. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
(b) Janie graduating from high school.
(c) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
(d) Janie leaving home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is wearing a pair of overalls in Chapter 1?
2. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
3. What does Janie eat for dinner in Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
5. What time of day is it when the novel begins?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)