|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
(a) 1 acre.
(b) 100 acres.
(c) 60 acres.
(d) 10 acres.
2. How did Janie's mother become pregnant with Janie?
(a) She spent the night with a white man.
(b) She was raped by the school teacher.
(c) She married a soldier.
(d) Nanny sells her to a white man.
3. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
(a) The rose bush.
(b) The school yard.
(c) The front gate.
(d) The pear tree.
4. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
(a) Joe Brown.
(c) Logan Killicks.
(d) Tea Cake.
5. What is Pheoby's husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is wearing a pair of overalls in Chapter 1?
2. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
3. What do Janie's neighbors want to know about her?
4. When does Janie realize she is not white?
5. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)