|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
(a) The baby's gray eyes and yellow hair.
(b) The baby is always hidden .
(c) The baby's fair skin.
(d) The plantation Master sends the baby away.
2. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) Logan dies.
(b) Nanny dies.
(c) Janie divorces Logan.
(d) Janie has a baby.
3. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A blossoming tree.
(b) A sunset.
(c) A sunrise.
(d) A ripe fruit.
4. How did Janie's mother become pregnant with Janie?
(a) Nanny sells her to a white man.
(b) She was raped by the school teacher.
(c) She spent the night with a white man.
(d) She married a soldier.
5. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
(a) Johnny Taylor.
(b) Brody Jenks.
(c) Logan Killicks.
(d) Nathaniel Washburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
2. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
3. Where does Janie get married?
4. What does Janie find unattractive about her husband in Chapter 3?
5. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)