|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie compare Jody's body to?
(a) "A nekkid grandpa."
(b) The "change uh life."
(d) "A horse rump."
2. What does Joe build in Chapter 5?
(a) A house.
(b) A store.
(c) A saw mill.
(d) A barn.
3. What does Janie find unattractive about her husband in Chapter 3?
(a) His belly.
(b) He doesn't wash his feet before bed.
(c) His toenails.
(d) All of the above.
4. What do the other children tease Janie about?
(a) The way Janie's grandmother talks.
(b) The hound dogs chasing Janie's father.
(c) Janie's poor family.
(d) Janie's good grades in school.
5. What do Tea Cake and Janie drink at the store?
(b) Root beer.
(d) Coca Cola.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurston say that Janie's grandmother pinched and tied around Janie's neck "tight enough to choke her"?
2. How do the other men feel about Tea Cake's beating Janie?
3. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
4. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
5. Why is Tea Cake in Eatonville?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)