|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe want the town to have that the men of Eatonville say the white men won't give him?
(a) A mayor.
(b) A paved road.
(c) A post office.
(d) A church.
2. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Have a baby with him.
(b) Return to Eatonville alone.
(c) Buy him a car.
(d) Work in the fields with him.
3. Why does Joe not allow Janie to participate in the social scene around the store?
(a) He says it is beneath her.
(b) He is afraid she will get too upset.
(c) He wants her to be jealous.
(d) He says she needs to tend the store.
4. What does Tea Cake want to protect Janie from?
(a) The lustful men in town.
(b) The cruelty of the world.
(c) The commonness of the railroad workers.
(d) The dangerous bars in town.
5. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
(a) 100 acres.
(b) 1 acre.
(c) 60 acres.
(d) 10 acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie feel for Joe as he dies?
2. What does Janie want to seek instead of things?
3. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
4. What has been Joe's source of power so far in the novel?
5. Logan says Janie acts like she thinks she is ______. (Fill in the blank)
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)