|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tea Cake's job?
(a) Cleaning floors.
(b) Herding cattle.
(c) Picking beans.
(d) Baling hay.
2. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
(a) The rose bush.
(b) The front gate.
(c) The school yard.
(d) The pear tree.
3. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
(b) As soon as she can sell the store.
(c) Once she has a baby.
(d) At dawn.
4. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
(a) His gold spittoon.
(b) His feathered hat.
(c) His silk suit.
(d) His wife.
5. What does Tea Cake say that Nunkie did to draw him away from the crowd in the fields?
(a) She told him he was supposed to work in another area.
(b) She made the job foreman move him.
(c) She threw his hat across the field.
(d) She took his working tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the townspeople react to the scene between Jody and Janie in the store?
2. What does Joe build in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
4. How does Janie suggest that Tea Cake get home?
5. What does Logan want Janie to do while she is making breakfast?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)