|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie realize she feels for her grandmother?
2. Why don't the police make many arrests when the workers get drunk in town?
(a) They are afraid of the blacks.
(b) They are too lazy.
(c) There isn't enough jail space.
(d) They can't find anyone to arrest.
3. Why does Tea Cake beat Janie?
(a) Janie cheats on him.
(b) He wants to show the Turners who is boss.
(c) Janie tries to leave him.
(d) He is drunk.
4. Who does Janie say is the only person Joe ever listened to?
(d) His mother.
5. Who sends Pheoby to have a talk with Janie about Tea Cake?
(b) Sam Watson.
(c) Matt Bonner.
(d) Dr. Lawrence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
2. How does Jody deal with his aging?
3. What does Janie find unattractive about her husband in Chapter 3?
4. What is the rumor going around about Joe's illness?
5. Why does Joe get mad at Janie in Chapter 6?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)