|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the house have no roof?
(a) Death needs no protection from the winds.
(b) Joe is too poor to fix the hole in the roof.
(c) Janie has moved into a shack by the water with no roof.
(d) A tornado has hit Pheoby's house.
2. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
(a) 100 acres.
(b) 60 acres.
(c) 1 acre.
(d) 10 acres.
3. What do Janie and Tea Cake do when the picking season ends?
(a) They keep working the fields.
(b) They return to Eatonville.
(c) They stay in the Everglades.
(d) They go on a long vacation to Mexico.
4. How does Tea Cake intend to win Janie's money back?
(a) By selling everything he has.
(b) By robbing a bank.
(c) By working all month.
(d) By gambling.
5. Who is Mrs. Turner?
(a) Tea Cake's cousin.
(b) The mayor's wife.
(c) Janie's sister.
(d) The owner of a restaurant in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Janie start wearing in Chapter 12?
2. What is a "pound of knuckle pudding"?
3. What does Joe do after the big fight with Janie?
4. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
5. After they've been married for about a year, what does Logan tell Janie she can now do for herself?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)