|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hurston compare Janie's funeral veil to?
(a) A bridal veil.
(b) A burial shroud.
(c) A wall of stone and steel.
(d) A party mask.
2. What emotion is personified in Chapter 9 as something that Janie asks questions of at night?
3. How does Hezekiah behave in the store?
(a) He pretends to own the store.
(b) He is meek and like a servant to Janie.
(c) He acts like a harmless imitation of Joe.
(d) He is lazy and will not work.
4. What does Logan want Janie to do while she is making breakfast?
(a) Help him shoe a horse.
(b) Help him move the manure pile.
(c) Bring him some water.
(d) Go into town for groceries.
5. How do the townspeople react to the scene between Jody and Janie in the store?
(a) They are embarrassed.
(b) They lose respect for Joe.
(c) They encourage Joe to beat Janie.
(d) They all leave the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
2. What does Joe ask Janie to do?
3. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
4. How do the other men feel about Tea Cake's beating Janie?
5. What does Joe do after the big fight with Janie?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)