|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Janie get married?
(a) In the Washburns' back yard.
(b) In Nanny's parlor.
(c) At the Baptist church.
(d) In Miami.
2. What does Tea Cake say that Nunkie did to draw him away from the crowd in the fields?
(a) She told him he was supposed to work in another area.
(b) She took his working tickets.
(c) She threw his hat across the field.
(d) She made the job foreman move him.
3. What does Tea Cake teach Janie how to do in the Everglades?
(a) How to play guitar.
(b) How to sew.
(c) How to cook.
(d) How to shoot.
4. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
(a) The baby is always hidden .
(b) The baby's fair skin.
(c) The plantation Master sends the baby away.
(d) The baby's gray eyes and yellow hair.
5. How does Jody deal with his aging?
(a) He berates Janie for her aging to make himself feel better.
(b) He runs around with young girls.
(c) He hides in the back of the store so people won't see him.
(d) He gets plastic surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men who try to court Janie really want?
2. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
3. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
4. How old is Janie in Chapter 7?
5. What does Tea Cake ask Janie to do in Chapter 14?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)