|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Janie compare Jody to in her speech?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Logan Killicks.
(c) King Solomon.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. What is the cause of Joe's illness.
(a) His kidneys are shutting down.
(b) He has been poisoned.
(c) He drinks too much.
(d) He has a broken heart.
3. Why does Logan go to Lake City?
(a) He's having an affair.
(b) To get a new plow.
(c) To buy a mule.
(d) To look at some land.
4. What does Mr. Turner do when the restaurant is getting torn up?
(a) He sits in the corner and smokes a pipe.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He runs home.
(d) He helps his wife clean up.
5. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
(a) A bathtub.
(b) An organ.
(c) A wood-burning stove.
(d) A feather bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joe Starks from?
2. Who tells Janie about this rumor?
3. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
4. Why does Tea Cake beat Janie?
5. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)