|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Janie get married?
(a) In the Washburns' back yard.
(b) In Miami.
(c) At the Baptist church.
(d) In Nanny's parlor.
2. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A sunset.
(b) A sunrise.
(c) A blossoming tree.
(d) A ripe fruit.
3. Who does Janie compare Jody to in her speech?
(a) King Solomon.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Logan Killicks.
4. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
(a) An organ.
(b) A bathtub.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) A wood-burning stove.
5. What does Janie keep waiting for after her marriage?
(a) To get a new dress.
(b) To move to another city.
(c) To have a baby.
(d) To fall in love with her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
2. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
3. What does Janie have to do when Logan goes to Lake City for the day?
4. What does Joe make Janie do (out of jealousy)?
5. What surprises Jody and Janie about Eatonville?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)