|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
(b) Pay him for his advice.
(c) Build a bridge.
(d) Start a city council.
2. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
(a) Work the plow.
(b) Sit on the porch and rock and fan herself.
(c) Teach in a school.
(d) Work at a dress shop.
3. Why does Joe get mad at Janie in Chapter 6?
(a) She has an affair with another man.
(b) He cannot find a bill of lading in the store.
(c) She yells at him on the porch.
(d) She wears lipstick to church.
4. What do the other children tease Janie about?
(a) The way Janie's grandmother talks.
(b) The hound dogs chasing Janie's father.
(c) Janie's poor family.
(d) Janie's good grades in school.
5. What does Joe make Janie do (out of jealousy)?
(a) He makes her stay in the house all day.
(b) He makes her tie up her hair when she is in the store.
(c) He makes her wear an ugly dress.
(d) He makes her mop the floors of the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Logan say that he and Nanny have done to Janie?
2. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
3. How do the men in town feel about Jody toward the end of Chapter 5?
4. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
5. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)