|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of most of the jokes told on the porch?
(a) Matt Bonner's mule.
(b) Janie's hair.
(d) Joe's clothes.
2. Where does Janie get married?
(a) In Nanny's parlor.
(b) At the Baptist church.
(c) In the Washburns' back yard.
(d) In Miami.
3. Why does Joe get mad at Janie in Chapter 6?
(a) She yells at him on the porch.
(b) She wears lipstick to church.
(c) He cannot find a bill of lading in the store.
(d) She has an affair with another man.
4. How did Janie's mother become pregnant with Janie?
(a) She was raped by the school teacher.
(b) She married a soldier.
(c) Nanny sells her to a white man.
(d) She spent the night with a white man.
5. What does Joe ask Janie to do?
(a) Leave Logan and marry him.
(b) Cut her hair off.
(c) Mend his socks.
(d) Kill her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
2. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
3. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
4. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
5. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)