|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople do when the mule dies?
(a) They leave the carcass on Bonner's front porch.
(b) They cook it and eat it.
(c) They bury it in Joe's back yard.
(d) They drag it out to the swamp for a ceremony.
2. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
(a) A wood-burning stove.
(b) A feather bed.
(c) An organ.
(d) A bathtub.
3. How do the men in town feel about Jody toward the end of Chapter 5?
(a) They are resentful of the way he exercises his power like a white man.
(b) They are mad at him for building the store.
(c) They look up to him like a god.
(d) They are grateful for his generousity.
4. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
(a) His feathered hat.
(b) His gold spittoon.
(c) His silk suit.
(d) His wife.
5. How did Janie's mother become pregnant with Janie?
(a) She spent the night with a white man.
(b) She was raped by the school teacher.
(c) She married a soldier.
(d) Nanny sells her to a white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody do when Janie burns his breakfast.
2. Who is Eatonville named after?
3. When does Janie realize she is not white?
4. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
5. What does Nanny call the "very prong all us black women gits hung on"?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)