|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
(b) Build a bridge.
(c) Pay him for his advice.
(d) Start a city council.
2. What does Janie like about the store?
(a) The independence she feels by running the store.
(b) That she gets to work with Joe.
(c) The people who visit her.
(d) The conversations on the porch.
3. What does Jody do when Janie burns his breakfast.
(a) He tells her it's okay.
(b) He slaps her face.
(c) He throws the food out the window.
(d) He kicks her out of the house.
4. What does Janie find difficult about tending the store?
(a) The customer service.
(b) The calculations.
(c) Handling the meat.
(d) The crowds.
5. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
(a) Janie gets better grades than them.
(b) Janie makes fun of the other girls.
(c) Janie's clothes are better than the other kids' clothes.
(d) Janie talks differently than the other kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
2. What does Janie have to do when Logan goes to Lake City for the day?
3. What does Nanny do to avoid being whipped by the plantation Mistress?
4. What does Joe build in Chapter 5?
5. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)