|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they've been married for about a year, what does Logan tell Janie she can now do for herself?
(a) Fix the wagon.
(b) Bring the chopped wood inside.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Move out of the house.
2. What do the men compare beating a woman to?
(a) Sinning against God.
(b) Cooking a hamburger.
(c) Teaching a lesson.
(d) Stepping on baby chickens.
3. Why does Logan go to Lake City?
(a) To look at some land.
(b) To get a new plow.
(c) To buy a mule.
(d) He's having an affair.
4. What do the townspeople do when the mule dies?
(a) They cook it and eat it.
(b) They leave the carcass on Bonner's front porch.
(c) They drag it out to the swamp for a ceremony.
(d) They bury it in Joe's back yard.
5. Why does Joe get mad at Janie in Chapter 6?
(a) She wears lipstick to church.
(b) She has an affair with another man.
(c) She yells at him on the porch.
(d) He cannot find a bill of lading in the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie do to get Joe's attention?
2. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
3. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
4. What does Joe ask Janie to do?
5. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)