|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) Logan dies.
(b) Janie has a baby.
(c) Nanny dies.
(d) Janie divorces Logan.
2. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
(a) The first street lamp in town.
(b) The end of slavery.
(c) The first paved road in town.
(d) Joe and Janie's wedding.
3. How did Janie's mother become pregnant with Janie?
(a) She spent the night with a white man.
(b) She was raped by the school teacher.
(c) Nanny sells her to a white man.
(d) She married a soldier.
4. What does Janie keep waiting for after her marriage?
(a) To move to another city.
(b) To get a new dress.
(c) To have a baby.
(d) To fall in love with her husband.
5. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
(a) Logan Killicks.
(b) Johnny Taylor.
(c) Brody Jenks.
(d) Nathaniel Washburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
2. What is the subject of most of the jokes told on the porch?
3. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
4. Who is Eatonville named after?
5. What nickname does Janie have as a child?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)