|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Janie compare Jody to in her speech?
(a) King Solomon.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Logan Killicks.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. Why does Joe not allow Janie to participate in the social scene around the store?
(a) He says it is beneath her.
(b) He is afraid she will get too upset.
(c) He says she needs to tend the store.
(d) He wants her to be jealous.
3. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
(a) Work the plow.
(b) Sit on the porch and rock and fan herself.
(c) Work at a dress shop.
(d) Teach in a school.
4. What does Joe ask Janie to do?
(a) Leave Logan and marry him.
(b) Mend his socks.
(c) Cut her hair off.
(d) Kill her husband.
5. What makes Janie take notice of Joe Starks?
(a) He is running into town.
(b) His clothes and the way he walks.
(c) His dirty face.
(d) He whistles at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
2. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
3. What does Joe make Janie do (out of jealousy)?
4. What nickname does Janie have as a child?
5. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)