|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
(a) Sit on the porch and rock and fan herself.
(b) Work the plow.
(c) Teach in a school.
(d) Work at a dress shop.
2. What does Jody do when Janie burns his breakfast.
(a) He slaps her face.
(b) He kicks her out of the house.
(c) He tells her it's okay.
(d) He throws the food out the window.
3. Why does Logan go to Lake City?
(a) He's having an affair.
(b) To look at some land.
(c) To get a new plow.
(d) To buy a mule.
4. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
(a) Build a bridge.
(b) Start a city council.
(c) Pay him for his advice.
5. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
(a) She buys them some land and their own house.
(b) She homeschools Janie.
(c) She sends Janie to a different school.
(d) She yells at the other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
2. Jody says all women need telling, just like ____________. (Fill in the blank)
3. What surprises Jody and Janie about Eatonville?
4. Where does Janie get married?
5. What does Joe want the town to have that the men of Eatonville say the white men won't give him?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)