|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
2. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
(a) Start a city council.
(c) Pay him for his advice.
(d) Build a bridge.
3. What does Logan say that he and Nanny have done to Janie?
(a) Spoiled her.
(b) Beaten her.
(c) Ruined her appetite.
(d) Raised her from birth.
4. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
(b) A new house.
(c) A husband.
5. What do the townspeople do when the mule dies?
(a) They cook it and eat it.
(b) They drag it out to the swamp for a ceremony.
(c) They bury it in Joe's back yard.
(d) They leave the carcass on Bonner's front porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Logan want Janie to do while she is making breakfast?
2. Why does Joe not allow Janie to participate in the social scene around the store?
3. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
4. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
5. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)