|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event in Chapter 2 signals the end of Janie's childhood?
(a) Nanny telling her it's time to get married.
(b) Janie leaving home.
(c) Janie graduating from high school.
(d) Johnny Taylor kissing her.
2. What do the townspeople do when the mule dies?
(a) They bury it in Joe's back yard.
(b) They drag it out to the swamp for a ceremony.
(c) They leave the carcass on Bonner's front porch.
(d) They cook it and eat it.
3. What makes Janie take notice of Joe Starks?
(a) His dirty face.
(b) He is running into town.
(c) His clothes and the way he walks.
(d) He whistles at her.
4. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) Janie divorces Logan.
(b) Janie has a baby.
(c) Nanny dies.
(d) Logan dies.
5. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
(a) The baby's gray eyes and yellow hair.
(b) The baby is always hidden .
(c) The baby's fair skin.
(d) The plantation Master sends the baby away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
2. What does Janie like about the store?
3. What does Nanny call the "very prong all us black women gits hung on"?
4. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
5. What nickname does Janie have as a child?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)