|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe want the town to have that the men of Eatonville say the white men won't give him?
(a) A church.
(b) A paved road.
(c) A mayor.
(d) A post office.
2. Who is Eatonville named after?
(a) Janie's grandmother.
(b) Lady Eaton of Georgia.
(c) Mr. Eaton, who donated the land to the blacks.
(d) Joe Starks' first wife.
3. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
(a) She thinks Janie is sick.
(b) She thinks Janie will leave Logan.
(c) She thinks Janie's husband has been beating her.
(d) She thinks Janie is pregnant.
4. What does Nanny call the "very prong all us black women gits hung on"?
5. What does Janie do to get Joe's attention?
(a) She throws a rock at him.
(b) She asks if he wants to come in and rest.
(c) She starts pumping the well for water.
(d) She tells him he is handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
2. What nickname does Janie have as a child?
3. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
4. After they've been married for about a year, what does Logan tell Janie she can now do for herself?
5. What does Joe ask Janie to do?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)