|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe build in Chapter 5?
(a) A saw mill.
(b) A barn.
(c) A store.
(d) A house.
2. What does Joe make Janie do (out of jealousy)?
(a) He makes her wear an ugly dress.
(b) He makes her tie up her hair when she is in the store.
(c) He makes her stay in the house all day.
(d) He makes her mop the floors of the store.
3. Why does Joe not allow Janie to participate in the social scene around the store?
(a) He wants her to be jealous.
(b) He is afraid she will get too upset.
(c) He says it is beneath her.
(d) He says she needs to tend the store.
4. After they've been married for about a year, what does Logan tell Janie she can now do for herself?
(a) Move out of the house.
(b) Fix the wagon.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Bring the chopped wood inside.
5. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
(a) Janie talks differently than the other kids.
(b) Janie's clothes are better than the other kids' clothes.
(c) Janie makes fun of the other girls.
(d) Janie gets better grades than them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
2. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
3. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
4. What does Jody do when Janie burns his breakfast.
5. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)