|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men in town feel about Jody toward the end of Chapter 5?
(a) They are grateful for his generousity.
(b) They are resentful of the way he exercises his power like a white man.
(c) They look up to him like a god.
(d) They are mad at him for building the store.
2. What does Joe's death mean to Janie?
3. What has been Joe's source of power so far in the novel?
(a) Physical force.
(b) Janie's love.
4. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
(a) A new house.
(b) A husband.
5. What does Hurston compare Janie's funeral veil to?
(a) A wall of stone and steel.
(b) A burial shroud.
(c) A party mask.
(d) A bridal veil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
2. What do the men who try to court Janie really want?
3. What surprises Jody and Janie about Eatonville?
4. For how long does Janie wear black to signify her mourning over Joe?
5. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)