|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
(a) Start a city council.
(b) Build a bridge.
(c) Pay him for his advice.
2. How does Jody deal with his aging?
(a) He berates Janie for her aging to make himself feel better.
(b) He runs around with young girls.
(c) He gets plastic surgery.
(d) He hides in the back of the store so people won't see him.
3. What has been Joe's source of power so far in the novel?
(b) Janie's love.
(d) Physical force.
4. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
(b) A husband.
(d) A new house.
5. How old is Janie in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurston compare Janie's funeral veil to?
2. What does Janie use as a weapon in Chapter 7?
3. How old is Joe in Chapter 7?
4. What does Joe build in Chapter 5?
5. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)