|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
(a) A husband.
(d) A new house.
2. How old is Janie in Chapter 7?
3. What has been Joe's source of power so far in the novel?
(a) Janie's love.
(c) Physical force.
4. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
(a) The front gate.
(b) The school yard.
(c) The pear tree.
(d) The rose bush.
5. What does Janie compare Jody's body to?
(a) "A nekkid grandpa."
(b) "A horse rump."
(d) The "change uh life."
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion is personified in Chapter 9 as something that Janie asks questions of at night?
2. How old is Joe in Chapter 7?
3. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
4. For how long does Janie wear black to signify her mourning over Joe?
5. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)