|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe's death mean to Janie?
2. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
(a) 200 more acres of land.
(b) A house.
(c) A mule.
(d) A dress for Janie.
3. How does Jody deal with his aging?
(a) He berates Janie for her aging to make himself feel better.
(b) He hides in the back of the store so people won't see him.
(c) He runs around with young girls.
(d) He gets plastic surgery.
4. How do the townspeople react to the scene between Jody and Janie in the store?
(a) They lose respect for Joe.
(b) They encourage Joe to beat Janie.
(c) They are embarrassed.
(d) They all leave the store.
5. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
(a) Once she has a baby.
(b) As soon as Tea Cake gets a job.
(c) As soon as she can sell the store.
(d) At dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
2. What does Janie compare Jody's body to?
3. How do the townspeople feel about Janie's relationship with Tea Cake?
4. What does Hurston compare Janie to in Chapter 7?
5. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)