|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie do in Eatonville?
(a) She is a nanny for a white family.
(b) She manages the store.
(c) She quilts with the other women.
(d) She sells cakes and pies from her home.
2. What does Janie use as a weapon in Chapter 7?
(b) Her fists.
(c) Her hair.
3. What color does Janie start wearing in Chapter 12?
(d) Black .
4. What does Joe build in Chapter 5?
(a) A barn.
(b) A store.
(c) A saw mill.
(d) A house.
5. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
(a) A bathtub.
(b) A feather bed.
(c) A wood-burning stove.
(d) An organ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janie's response to Joe's anger in the store after he chastises her?
2. What emotion is personified in Chapter 9 as something that Janie asks questions of at night?
3. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
4. What does Hurston compare Janie to in Chapter 7?
5. Who sends Pheoby to have a talk with Janie about Tea Cake?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)