|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
(a) The rose bush.
(b) The front gate.
(c) The school yard.
(d) The pear tree.
2. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
(a) The first street lamp in town.
(b) Joe and Janie's wedding.
(c) The end of slavery.
(d) The first paved road in town.
3. What does Nanny call the "very prong all us black women gits hung on"?
4. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
5. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
(a) 100 acres.
(b) 10 acres.
(c) 1 acre.
(d) 60 acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie find unattractive about her husband in Chapter 3?
2. What has been Joe's source of power so far in the novel?
3. What does Hurston compare Janie's funeral veil to?
4. Who helps Janie in the store after Joe is dead?
5. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)