|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
(a) 10 acres.
(b) 60 acres.
(c) 1 acre.
(d) 100 acres.
2. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
(a) The first street lamp in town.
(b) Joe and Janie's wedding.
(c) The first paved road in town.
(d) The end of slavery.
3. What does Janie tell Pheoby she wants to get married again for?
4. What does Janie want to seek instead of things?
5. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
(a) His gold spittoon.
(b) His wife.
(c) His silk suit.
(d) His feathered hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
2. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
3. What does Nanny call the "very prong all us black women gits hung on"?
4. When do the townspeople take notice of Janie's spending so much time with Tea Cake?
5. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)