|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is played at Joe's funeral?
(a) "Amazing Grace."
(b) "When the Saints Go Marching In."
(c) "Safe in the Arms of Jesus."
(d) "All by Myself."
2. What does Hurston compare Janie to in Chapter 7?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A child.
(c) A rut in the road.
(d) A mule.
3. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
(a) 10 acres.
(b) 1 acre.
(c) 100 acres.
(d) 60 acres.
4. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
(a) 200 more acres of land.
(b) A mule.
(c) A house.
(d) A dress for Janie.
5. Who helps Janie in the store after Joe is dead?
(d) Tea Cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Jody and Janie about Eatonville?
2. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
3. What does Janie realize she feels for her grandmother?
4. Who is Eatonville named after?
5. What does Joe want the town to have that the men of Eatonville say the white men won't give him?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)