|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie do at home after the funeral?
(a) She burns her head rags.
(b) She burns all of Joe's belongings.
(c) She packs her bags to leave town.
(d) She cries herself to sleep.
2. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
(b) Pay him for his advice.
(c) Build a bridge.
(d) Start a city council.
3. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
(a) She thinks Janie will leave Logan.
(b) She thinks Janie is pregnant.
(c) She thinks Janie's husband has been beating her.
(d) She thinks Janie is sick.
4. What does Hurston say that Janie's grandmother pinched and tied around Janie's neck "tight enough to choke her"?
(b) The horizon.
5. Who is Eatonville named after?
(a) Joe Starks' first wife.
(b) Janie's grandmother.
(c) Mr. Eaton, who donated the land to the blacks.
(d) Lady Eaton of Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Janie want to marry Tea Cake?
2. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
3. What emotion is personified in Chapter 9 as something that Janie asks questions of at night?
4. What does Joe build in Chapter 5?
5. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)