|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tea Cake help Janie with at the end of the night?
(a) He helps her onto the train.
(b) He helps her tie up her hair.
(c) He helps her close up the store.
(d) He helps her clean the floors.
2. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
(a) Start a city council.
(b) Pay him for his advice.
(d) Build a bridge.
3. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
(a) The first paved road in town.
(b) The first street lamp in town.
(c) The end of slavery.
(d) Joe and Janie's wedding.
4. Who comes into the store while everyone is away?
(a) Tea Cake.
5. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
(a) Nunkie tells Tea Cake that Janie is cheating on him.
(b) Nunkie pretends to be sick for Tea Cake's sympathy
(c) Nunkie teases and hits Tea Cake.
(d) Nunkie dresses provocatively.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
2. How do the men in town feel about Jody toward the end of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Tea Cake say he will come back to visit Janie?
4. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
5. Tea Cake tells Janie she is enough to make a man forget to _________. (Fill in the blank)
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)