|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie learn to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Drive a car.
(b) Play checkers.
(c) Ride a horse.
(d) Braid her hair.
2. How does Janie suggest that Tea Cake get home?
(a) By train.
(b) On foot.
(c) By car.
(d) By horse.
3. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
(a) The first paved road in town.
(b) The first street lamp in town.
(c) Joe and Janie's wedding.
(d) The end of slavery.
4. What surprises Jody and Janie about Eatonville?
(a) That there are no blacks there.
(b) How many people live there.
(c) How large the town is.
(d) How small it is.
5. What does Joe want the town to have that the men of Eatonville say the white men won't give him?
(a) A mayor.
(b) A church.
(c) A paved road.
(d) A post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the store while everyone is away?
2. Why does Tea Cake say he will come back to visit Janie?
3. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
4. What is Tea Cake's given name?
5. Where is Tea Cake from?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)