|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Jody and Janie about Eatonville?
(a) How small it is.
(b) How many people live there.
(c) How large the town is.
(d) That there are no blacks there.
2. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
3. What is a "pound of knuckle pudding"?
(a) A beating with the fists.
(b) A baked treat.
(c) A meat pie.
(d) A hand cream.
4. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
(a) Nunkie pretends to be sick for Tea Cake's sympathy
(b) Nunkie tells Tea Cake that Janie is cheating on him.
(c) Nunkie teases and hits Tea Cake.
(d) Nunkie dresses provocatively.
5. What does Joe want the town to have that the men of Eatonville say the white men won't give him?
(a) A church.
(b) A paved road.
(c) A mayor.
(d) A post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
2. What does Tea Cake say that Nunkie did to draw him away from the crowd in the fields?
3. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
4. What does Tea Cake help Janie with at the end of the night?
5. Why does Tea Cake say he will come back to visit Janie?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)