|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tea Cake say he will come back to visit Janie?
(a) To pay her for his groceries.
(b) To bring her flowers.
(c) To take her out to dinner.
(d) To teach her more about checkers.
2. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
(a) Nunkie teases and hits Tea Cake.
(b) Nunkie tells Tea Cake that Janie is cheating on him.
(c) Nunkie dresses provocatively.
(d) Nunkie pretends to be sick for Tea Cake's sympathy
3. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
4. How is Nunkie's appearance described?
(a) Nunkie looks like a movie star.
(b) Nunkie is chunky.
(c) Nunkie is tall and thin.
(d) Nunkie is white.
5. How do the men in town feel about Jody toward the end of Chapter 5?
(a) They are resentful of the way he exercises his power like a white man.
(b) They are mad at him for building the store.
(c) They are grateful for his generousity.
(d) They look up to him like a god.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "pound of knuckle pudding"?
2. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
3. What do Tea Cake and Janie drink at the store?
4. What does Janie learn to do in Chapter 10?
5. How does Janie suggest that Tea Cake get home?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)