|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men in town feel about Jody toward the end of Chapter 5?
(a) They are resentful of the way he exercises his power like a white man.
(b) They look up to him like a god.
(c) They are grateful for his generousity.
(d) They are mad at him for building the store.
2. What does Tea Cake say that Nunkie did to draw him away from the crowd in the fields?
(a) She made the job foreman move him.
(b) She threw his hat across the field.
(c) She took his working tickets.
(d) She told him he was supposed to work in another area.
3. Who is Eatonville named after?
(a) Joe Starks' first wife.
(b) Mr. Eaton, who donated the land to the blacks.
(c) Janie's grandmother.
(d) Lady Eaton of Georgia.
4. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
(a) The end of slavery.
(b) The first street lamp in town.
(c) The first paved road in town.
(d) Joe and Janie's wedding.
5. Where is Tea Cake from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Janie suggest that Tea Cake get home?
2. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
3. What surprises Jody and Janie about Eatonville?
4. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
5. What is a "pound of knuckle pudding"?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)