|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eatonville named after?
(a) Mr. Eaton, who donated the land to the blacks.
(b) Lady Eaton of Georgia.
(c) Joe Starks' first wife.
(d) Janie's grandmother.
2. Why is Tea Cake in Eatonville?
(a) He wants to buy Janie's store.
(b) He has come to court Janie.
(c) He thought the ball game was there.
(d) He is looking for a job.
3. How does Janie react to finding Tea Cake with Nunkie?
(a) She kills Nunkie.
(b) She leaves Tea Cake.
(c) She rages violently at Tea Cake.
(d) She ignores the incident.
4. What does Tea Cake say that Nunkie did to draw him away from the crowd in the fields?
(a) She told him he was supposed to work in another area.
(b) She made the job foreman move him.
(c) She took his working tickets.
(d) She threw his hat across the field.
5. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
(a) His silk suit.
(b) His feathered hat.
(c) His wife.
(d) His gold spittoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tea Cake's given name?
2. Who comes into the store while everyone is away?
3. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
4. Where is Tea Cake from?
5. How does Janie feel about Tea Cake at the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)