|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Travis take more comfort in sleeping beside?
2. How many times did Nora shoot Vince?
3. What aroma was NOT mentioned as having filled the house on Christmas Day?
4. Why did Travis buy the scrabble board?
5. Where did Teel Porter die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Vince do that he didn't think would have been acceptable by Don Tetragna, and what did he do to prepare himself for this outcome?
2. Why can't Walt go public with the information Lem is giving him?
3. How did Nora teach Einstein to communicate and what did she learn from this communication?
4. What was it about Travis and Nora that made them so memorable to Van Dyne?
5. How did the Outsider inspire pity in Travis?
6. What are the effects of second stage distemper and why does Travis fear it so?
7. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
8. Why was it that Lem couldn't tolerate failure?
9. What did Travis carry with him on his walks and what did he intend to say about it?
10. How does Einstein's communication via the tiles convince Dr. Keene to keep him free?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What led Travis to guilt over the death of his loved ones? Do you think this is a logical way to feel? Why or why not? Describe the way you would feel in his position.
Essay Topic 2
How, throughout the novel has Nora's character evolved? What, in later chapters, makes her seem like a totally different person? How does her character development contrast Travis'?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Lem finally tell Walt what was going on at the NSA? What had prevented him from telling Walt before? Why did the incidents at Bordeaux Ridge break him of his oath of silence?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)