|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room is the Outsider in?
2. What does the Outsider ask Travis to do?
3. What mainly was the color of the dress he bought for her?
4. What was in the glove box that gave Nora hope?
5. What does Jim Keene tell Travis and Nora he is trying to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose(s) of helping Dr. Keene with his practice?
2. What are the effects of second stage distemper and why does Travis fear it so?
3. What all had occurred on the day that Einstein said was going to be a "bad day?"
4. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
5. How was teaching Einstein having a beneficial effect on Nora?
6. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
7. How does Einstein's communication via the tiles convince Dr. Keene to keep him free?
8. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
9. What was it about Travis and Nora that made them so memorable to Van Dyne?
10. What was the purpose behind Yarbeck's creation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did teaching Einstein have an effect on Nora's redevelopment? What are some theories on how this helped her to blossom as a fully functional woman? What do you think would have happened to Nora otherwise? How do you think her progression in life would have been had it not been for Einstein and Travis?
Essay Topic 2
What about the case did Walt find out on his own? How does this pursuit of information indicate his aptitude as a police officer? What is the difference between Walt and Lem? Who would you rather have as a friend and why?
Essay Topic 3
When Travis killed the Outsider, do you think it was more an act of revenge or pity? Why? What would you do if you had been Travis? What things that the Outsider does make it seem more human? More animal?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)