|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Garrison Dilworth meet up with?
2. How many years in prison did Art Streck get, as a mandatory sentence?
3. Who or what is the Outsider's main target?
4. What mainly was the color of the dress he bought for her?
5. How did the clothes Garrison was seen wearing fit him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Travis carry with him on his walks and what did he intend to say about it?
2. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
3. What was it about Travis and Nora that made them so memorable to Van Dyne?
4. How did the Outsider inspire pity in Travis?
5. How did King save Dr. Keene's life and how did this persuade him to let Travis and Nora stay with Einstein?
6. Why did Travis buy a Scrabble board?
7. Why did Garrison Dilworth help Travis and Nora?
8. Why would the government want a dog with human intelligence?
9. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
10. Why can't Walt go public with the information Lem is giving him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how having a mental illness is more of a way of life than it was in earlier centuries. What do you think is responsible for this global shift in perspective? How has it become chic to have some sort of mild mental disorder? How are mental illnesses glamorized in the media? Who profits from mental illness?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of character is Vince? In what ways is he predictable? In what ways could he be considered a loose cannon? What does his description of a sterile home say about his personality profile.
Essay Topic 3
How, throughout the novel has Nora's character evolved? What, in later chapters, makes her seem like a totally different person? How does her character development contrast Travis'?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)