|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Outsider want to leave Deputy Teel's head in his driver seat?
2. What does Einstein call Nora and Travis?
3. What is the name of Nora's attorney?
4. What is the first sentence Einstein spells out when he gets home?
5. What credit card did Travis give to the chapel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the effects of second stage distemper and why does Travis fear it so?
2. What did Travis carry with him on his walks and what did he intend to say about it?
3. Why didn't Nora keep her new hairstyle?
4. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
5. How did Nora teach Einstein to communicate and what did she learn from this communication?
6. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
7. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
8. How does Garrison get past the cops?
9. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
10. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What led Travis to guilt over the death of his loved ones? Do you think this is a logical way to feel? Why or why not? Describe the way you would feel in his position.
Essay Topic 2
What sort of things did Lem find in the Outsider's lair? What did he believe they meant to the Outsider? How did this make Lem feel? What does it make the reader feel, and how is this technique used to portray the Outsider?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did teaching Einstein have an effect on Nora's redevelopment? What are some theories on how this helped her to blossom as a fully functional woman? What do you think would have happened to Nora otherwise? How do you think her progression in life would have been had it not been for Einstein and Travis?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)