|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vince dream about?
2. What did Nora tell Travis about that afternoon?
3. What did Travis take more comfort in sleeping beside?
4. What does Einstein call Nora and Travis?
5. What does Einstein want for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was teaching Einstein having a beneficial effect on Nora?
2. How did Nora teach Einstein to communicate and what did she learn from this communication?
3. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
4. What all had occurred on the day that Einstein said was going to be a "bad day?"
5. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
6. What did Travis carry with him on his walks and what did he intend to say about it?
7. What is the difference in the way Walt perceives the thoughts of the Dog and the Outsider?
8. What was the purpose behind Yarbeck's creation?
9. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
10. How did the Outsider inspire pity in Travis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the way Travis and Nora approach Einstein's sickness? What are the instigating events preceding both their views? How does this affect each of their life outlooks in general? How do they compliment one another?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did teaching Einstein have an effect on Nora's redevelopment? What are some theories on how this helped her to blossom as a fully functional woman? What do you think would have happened to Nora otherwise? How do you think her progression in life would have been had it not been for Einstein and Travis?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lem and Nora. In what ways are they both victims? In what ways are they strong? How do both character's progress throughout the novel? How is their progression healthier for them in the long run?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)