|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Travis installed around the perimeter of the property?
2. Where was the head of Teel found?
3. What was the only thing Lem realized he was loyal to?
4. What was the year that "Tribute to a Dog" was written?
5. What did the Outsider ask Lem to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What all had occurred on the day that Einstein said was going to be a "bad day?"
2. How did the Outsider inspire pity in Travis?
3. Why did Garrison Dilworth help Travis and Nora?
4. What is the difference in the way Walt perceives the thoughts of the Dog and the Outsider?
5. How did King save Dr. Keene's life and how did this persuade him to let Travis and Nora stay with Einstein?
6. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
7. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
8. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
9. Why didn't Nora keep her new hairstyle?
10. Why can't Walt go public with the information Lem is giving him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Outsider and Einstein both have a different view of society not only due to genetics but due to the way they were treated. Explain both views of humanity, and why you think each character takes that view. Which do you most identify with and why? What do you think is the stimulus for you feeling this way?
Essay Topic 2
What led Travis to guilt over the death of his loved ones? Do you think this is a logical way to feel? Why or why not? Describe the way you would feel in his position.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how beauty, intelligence, and disfigurement are compared and contrasted against each other in this story. Does this aptly portray societal values? How so or why not?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)