|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of man, according to Aunt Violet didn't exist anywhere in the world?
2. Why did the Outsider want to leave Deputy Teel's head in his driver seat?
3. What was Travis hoping to find in the Tenderloin district?
4. Where was the head of Teel found?
5. What color is the barn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it about Travis and Nora that made them so memorable to Van Dyne?
2. How did King save Dr. Keene's life and how did this persuade him to let Travis and Nora stay with Einstein?
3. Why was it that Lem couldn't tolerate failure?
4. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
5. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
6. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
7. How does Einstein's communication via the tiles convince Dr. Keene to keep him free?
8. Why can't Walt go public with the information Lem is giving him?
9. What are the effects of second stage distemper and why does Travis fear it so?
10. What was the purpose behind Yarbeck's creation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the way Travis and Nora approach Einstein's sickness? What are the instigating events preceding both their views? How does this affect each of their life outlooks in general? How do they compliment one another?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did teaching Einstein have an effect on Nora's redevelopment? What are some theories on how this helped her to blossom as a fully functional woman? What do you think would have happened to Nora otherwise? How do you think her progression in life would have been had it not been for Einstein and Travis?
Essay Topic 3
The Outsider and Einstein both have a different view of society not only due to genetics but due to the way they were treated. Explain both views of humanity, and why you think each character takes that view. Which do you most identify with and why? What do you think is the stimulus for you feeling this way?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)