|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only other person Vince had told about his 'gift?'
2. Why does the Outsider hate the dog so much?
3. What credit card did Travis give to the chapel?
4. What did Travis not want Einstein to be aware of or frightened by?
5. What does Einstein call Nora and Travis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Garrison Dilworth help Travis and Nora?
2. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
3. What was the purpose(s) of helping Dr. Keene with his practice?
4. How did Nora teach Einstein to communicate and what did she learn from this communication?
5. What did Travis carry with him on his walks and what did he intend to say about it?
6. Why would the government want a dog with human intelligence?
7. Why did Travis buy a Scrabble board?
8. What all had occurred on the day that Einstein said was going to be a "bad day?"
9. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
10. What are the effects of second stage distemper and why does Travis fear it so?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Nora and Travis convince the vet to let them stay, and then not to turn Einstein in? What made the vet's decision a morally sound one? What in this decision could have jeopardized his career and why? What would you have done in the same situation?
Essay Topic 2
How, throughout the novel has Nora's character evolved? What, in later chapters, makes her seem like a totally different person? How does her character development contrast Travis'?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between the way Travis and Nora approach Einstein's sickness? What are the instigating events preceding both their views? How does this affect each of their life outlooks in general? How do they compliment one another?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)