|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aroma was NOT mentioned as having filled the house on Christmas Day?
2. What did the Outsider ask Lem to do?
3. How many Scrabble games were in the Lucite tubes?
4. What mainly was the color of the dress he bought for her?
5. What did Travis take more comfort in sleeping beside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vince want with Don Tetragna?
2. How did the Outsider inspire pity in Travis?
3. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
4. Why was it that Lem couldn't tolerate failure?
5. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
6. Why did Garrison Dilworth help Travis and Nora?
7. What was it about Travis and Nora that made them so memorable to Van Dyne?
8. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
9. What did Travis carry with him on his walks and what did he intend to say about it?
10. How did King save Dr. Keene's life and how did this persuade him to let Travis and Nora stay with Einstein?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Travis killed the Outsider, do you think it was more an act of revenge or pity? Why? What would you do if you had been Travis? What things that the Outsider does make it seem more human? More animal?
Essay Topic 2
How does Koontz let the reader know what Einstein wants of Travis before Travis? In what ways does this convince the reader of the intelligence of the dog? How does this affect the progression of the readers opinion of Einstein?
Essay Topic 3
What about the case did Walt find out on his own? How does this pursuit of information indicate his aptitude as a police officer? What is the difference between Walt and Lem? Who would you rather have as a friend and why?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)