|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aroma was NOT mentioned as having filled the house on Christmas Day?
2. What did the Outsider attack in Diamond Bar?
3. What did Travis not want Einstein to be aware of or frightened by?
4. What does Einstein do to voice his displeasure?
5. Where was the head of Teel found?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nora teach Einstein to communicate and what did she learn from this communication?
2. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
3. Why didn't Nora keep her new hairstyle?
4. What was the purpose(s) of helping Dr. Keene with his practice?
5. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
6. How did King save Dr. Keene's life and how did this persuade him to let Travis and Nora stay with Einstein?
7. What are the effects of second stage distemper and why does Travis fear it so?
8. What was the purpose behind Yarbeck's creation?
9. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
10. What is the difference in the way Walt perceives the thoughts of the Dog and the Outsider?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how you believe you would react to having an abnormally intelligent animal. What kind of things could you do with a normal dog versus what a dog of heightened intelligence might do? What has Einstein done to reassure his master of his intellect? What things in chapter two argue against and for the intelligence of Einstein?
Essay Topic 2
The Outsider and Einstein both have a different view of society not only due to genetics but due to the way they were treated. Explain both views of humanity, and why you think each character takes that view. Which do you most identify with and why? What do you think is the stimulus for you feeling this way?
Essay Topic 3
What about the case did Walt find out on his own? How does this pursuit of information indicate his aptitude as a police officer? What is the difference between Walt and Lem? Who would you rather have as a friend and why?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)