|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Outsider perceives itself to be ______?
2. What was the year that "Tribute to a Dog" was written?
3. What did Travis take more comfort in sleeping beside?
4. Why did the Outsider want to leave Deputy Teel's head in his driver seat?
5. What does Nora call Travis, Einstein and herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Travis carry with him on his walks and what did he intend to say about it?
2. How did King save Dr. Keene's life and how did this persuade him to let Travis and Nora stay with Einstein?
3. How does Einstein's communication via the tiles convince Dr. Keene to keep him free?
4. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
5. How does Garrison get past the cops?
6. What was the purpose(s) of helping Dr. Keene with his practice?
7. Why didn't Nora keep her new hairstyle?
8. What all had occurred on the day that Einstein said was going to be a "bad day?"
9. What are the effects of second stage distemper and why does Travis fear it so?
10. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nora feels threatened by Arthur Streck. Explain how the way she was brought up influences her ability to fight back against him. Explain why she is left feeling vulnerable as a result of her aunt's iron fist.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did teaching Einstein have an effect on Nora's redevelopment? What are some theories on how this helped her to blossom as a fully functional woman? What do you think would have happened to Nora otherwise? How do you think her progression in life would have been had it not been for Einstein and Travis?
Essay Topic 3
If you could gain immortality by killing innocent people would you do it? Why or why not? Does Vince's motivations make him a bad guy? How or why not? Why is Vince's character vital to plot development?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)