|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Travis take more comfort in sleeping beside?
2. How tall was the house that Travis and Nora purchased?
3. What is the name of Nora's attorney?
4. How does Travis explain Einstein's initial behavior in recovery?
5. What did the Outsider ask Lem to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Garrison Dilworth help Travis and Nora?
2. How did the Outsider inspire pity in Travis?
3. Why was it that Lem couldn't tolerate failure?
4. Why can't Walt go public with the information Lem is giving him?
5. Why would the government want a dog with human intelligence?
6. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
7. What are the effects of second stage distemper and why does Travis fear it so?
8. What does Vince want with Don Tetragna?
9. What was it about Travis and Nora that made them so memorable to Van Dyne?
10. What was the purpose behind Yarbeck's creation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nora feels threatened by Arthur Streck. Explain how the way she was brought up influences her ability to fight back against him. Explain why she is left feeling vulnerable as a result of her aunt's iron fist.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did teaching Einstein have an effect on Nora's redevelopment? What are some theories on how this helped her to blossom as a fully functional woman? What do you think would have happened to Nora otherwise? How do you think her progression in life would have been had it not been for Einstein and Travis?
Essay Topic 3
How do Nora and Travis convince the vet to let them stay, and then not to turn Einstein in? What made the vet's decision a morally sound one? What in this decision could have jeopardized his career and why? What would you have done in the same situation?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)