|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day do Nora and Travis buy their Christmas tree?
2. What was the year that "Tribute to a Dog" was written?
3. Where is Einstein tattooed?
4. What did Einstein have that made him sick?
5. How did the clothes Garrison was seen wearing fit him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference in the way Walt perceives the thoughts of the Dog and the Outsider?
2. What did Vince do that he didn't think would have been acceptable by Don Tetragna, and what did he do to prepare himself for this outcome?
3. What was it about Travis and Nora that made them so memorable to Van Dyne?
4. How did Nora teach Einstein to communicate and what did she learn from this communication?
5. Why did Travis buy a Scrabble board?
6. Why didn't Nora keep her new hairstyle?
7. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
8. Why would the government want a dog with human intelligence?
9. What was the purpose(s) of helping Dr. Keene with his practice?
10. How was teaching Einstein having a beneficial effect on Nora?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you could gain immortality by killing innocent people would you do it? Why or why not? Does Vince's motivations make him a bad guy? How or why not? Why is Vince's character vital to plot development?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between the way Travis and Nora approach Einstein's sickness? What are the instigating events preceding both their views? How does this affect each of their life outlooks in general? How do they compliment one another?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how having a mental illness is more of a way of life than it was in earlier centuries. What do you think is responsible for this global shift in perspective? How has it become chic to have some sort of mild mental disorder? How are mental illnesses glamorized in the media? Who profits from mental illness?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)