|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Outsider want to leave Deputy Teel's head in his driver seat?
2. How did the clothes Garrison was seen wearing fit him?
3. Where did Teel Porter die?
4. What four words linger with Travis the most?
5. How many times did Nora shoot Vince?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it about Travis and Nora that made them so memorable to Van Dyne?
2. What did Vince do that he didn't think would have been acceptable by Don Tetragna, and what did he do to prepare himself for this outcome?
3. How did Nora teach Einstein to communicate and what did she learn from this communication?
4. What was the purpose(s) of helping Dr. Keene with his practice?
5. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
6. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
7. How did King save Dr. Keene's life and how did this persuade him to let Travis and Nora stay with Einstein?
8. Why can't Walt go public with the information Lem is giving him?
9. Why did Garrison Dilworth help Travis and Nora?
10. Why did Travis buy a Scrabble board?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you could gain immortality by killing innocent people would you do it? Why or why not? Does Vince's motivations make him a bad guy? How or why not? Why is Vince's character vital to plot development?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how you believe you would react to having an abnormally intelligent animal. What kind of things could you do with a normal dog versus what a dog of heightened intelligence might do? What has Einstein done to reassure his master of his intellect? What things in chapter two argue against and for the intelligence of Einstein?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how having a mental illness is more of a way of life than it was in earlier centuries. What do you think is responsible for this global shift in perspective? How has it become chic to have some sort of mild mental disorder? How are mental illnesses glamorized in the media? Who profits from mental illness?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)