|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possessed Garrison Dilworth to play hero?
2. What was in the glove box that gave Nora hope?
3. Why does the Outsider hate the dog so much?
4. Where did Teel Porter die?
5. What aroma was NOT mentioned as having filled the house on Christmas Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it about Travis and Nora that made them so memorable to Van Dyne?
2. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
3. What are the effects of second stage distemper and why does Travis fear it so?
4. How was teaching Einstein having a beneficial effect on Nora?
5. What was the purpose(s) of helping Dr. Keene with his practice?
6. How does Einstein's communication via the tiles convince Dr. Keene to keep him free?
7. Why did Garrison Dilworth help Travis and Nora?
8. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
9. How did King save Dr. Keene's life and how did this persuade him to let Travis and Nora stay with Einstein?
10. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What led Travis to guilt over the death of his loved ones? Do you think this is a logical way to feel? Why or why not? Describe the way you would feel in his position.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how beauty, intelligence, and disfigurement are compared and contrasted against each other in this story. Does this aptly portray societal values? How so or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What about the case did Walt find out on his own? How does this pursuit of information indicate his aptitude as a police officer? What is the difference between Walt and Lem? Who would you rather have as a friend and why?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)