|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the clothes Garrison was seen wearing fit him?
2. Why did Travis buy the scrabble board?
3. What does Nora call Travis, Einstein and herself?
4. What did Einstein say was broken with the tiles?
5. What is the first sentence Einstein spells out when he gets home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
2. How was teaching Einstein having a beneficial effect on Nora?
3. Why did Travis buy a Scrabble board?
4. Why would the government want a dog with human intelligence?
5. How does Garrison get past the cops?
6. What was it about Travis and Nora that made them so memorable to Van Dyne?
7. Why didn't Nora keep her new hairstyle?
8. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
9. What did Travis carry with him on his walks and what did he intend to say about it?
10. What does Vince want with Don Tetragna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Lem finally tell Walt what was going on at the NSA? What had prevented him from telling Walt before? Why did the incidents at Bordeaux Ridge break him of his oath of silence?
Essay Topic 2
How, throughout the novel has Nora's character evolved? What, in later chapters, makes her seem like a totally different person? How does her character development contrast Travis'?
Essay Topic 3
What sort of things did Lem find in the Outsider's lair? What did he believe they meant to the Outsider? How did this make Lem feel? What does it make the reader feel, and how is this technique used to portray the Outsider?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)