|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein say he needs grass?
2. The Outsider perceives itself to be ______?
3. What was the year that "Tribute to a Dog" was written?
4. How does Einstein feel about squirrels?
5. What thought repelled the two agents playing cards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it about Travis and Nora that made them so memorable to Van Dyne?
2. What is the difference in the way Walt perceives the thoughts of the Dog and the Outsider?
3. How does Einstein's communication via the tiles convince Dr. Keene to keep him free?
4. Why can't Walt go public with the information Lem is giving him?
5. What does Vince want with Don Tetragna?
6. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
7. How does Garrison get past the cops?
8. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
9. How did Nora teach Einstein to communicate and what did she learn from this communication?
10. Why didn't Nora keep her new hairstyle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you could gain immortality by killing innocent people would you do it? Why or why not? Does Vince's motivations make him a bad guy? How or why not? Why is Vince's character vital to plot development?
Essay Topic 2
What sort of things did Lem find in the Outsider's lair? What did he believe they meant to the Outsider? How did this make Lem feel? What does it make the reader feel, and how is this technique used to portray the Outsider?
Essay Topic 3
Who would you rather have at your side, Einstein or Walt? Why is this your choice? If you could have any character as a friend in this book who would it be and why?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)