|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did they settle down close to where the Outsider could find them?
2. What did Einstein say was broken with the tiles?
3. What had Travis installed around the perimeter of the property?
4. What does the expression, "sound as a dollar" mean?
5. What was the name of the black lab that saved Dr. Keene?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Garrison get past the cops?
2. Why didn't Nora keep her new hairstyle?
3. What all had occurred on the day that Einstein said was going to be a "bad day?"
4. What does Vince want with Don Tetragna?
5. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
6. What was the purpose(s) of helping Dr. Keene with his practice?
7. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
8. Why can't Walt go public with the information Lem is giving him?
9. How did the Outsider inspire pity in Travis?
10. Why would the government want a dog with human intelligence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who would you rather have at your side, Einstein or Walt? Why is this your choice? If you could have any character as a friend in this book who would it be and why?
Essay Topic 2
How does Koontz let the reader know what Einstein wants of Travis before Travis? In what ways does this convince the reader of the intelligence of the dog? How does this affect the progression of the readers opinion of Einstein?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how having a mental illness is more of a way of life than it was in earlier centuries. What do you think is responsible for this global shift in perspective? How has it become chic to have some sort of mild mental disorder? How are mental illnesses glamorized in the media? Who profits from mental illness?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)