|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the glove box that gave Nora hope?
2. How many people did Vince kill in the trattoria?
3. What is the first sentence Einstein spells out when he gets home?
4. How did the clothes Garrison was seen wearing fit him?
5. What did Travis take more comfort in sleeping beside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
2. How does Garrison get past the cops?
3. What all had occurred on the day that Einstein said was going to be a "bad day?"
4. What was the purpose(s) of helping Dr. Keene with his practice?
5. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
6. Why can't Walt go public with the information Lem is giving him?
7. Why did Travis buy a Scrabble board?
8. How did the Outsider inspire pity in Travis?
9. How did King save Dr. Keene's life and how did this persuade him to let Travis and Nora stay with Einstein?
10. Why would the government want a dog with human intelligence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you could gain immortality by killing innocent people would you do it? Why or why not? Does Vince's motivations make him a bad guy? How or why not? Why is Vince's character vital to plot development?
Essay Topic 2
How, throughout the novel has Nora's character evolved? What, in later chapters, makes her seem like a totally different person? How does her character development contrast Travis'?
Essay Topic 3
Who would you rather have at your side, Einstein or Walt? Why is this your choice? If you could have any character as a friend in this book who would it be and why?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)