|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Vince paid to 'hit?'
2. What did the dog bring to Travis that startled him?
3. What does Travis throw at the dog?
4. What did the assailant sound like?
5. What did Nora spit in Streck's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Wes Dalburg?
2. What was it that attracted Travis' attention to Nora?
3. How did Vince enter the home of Dr. Yarbeck?
4. What does Vince want with Johnny the Wire?
5. Why did Nora hate the house she lived in?
6. What was the epiphany Travis had while looking at the rattler?
7. What was it Nora feared most about the person who scared her?
8. How did the dog look after he had some attention paid to him?
9. What did Nora think when she saw Streck on her bed?
10. What wounds did Art gain as a result of Einstein and Nora?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of character is Vince? In what ways is he predictable? In what ways could he be considered a loose cannon? What does his description of a sterile home say about his personality profile.
Essay Topic 2
How do Nora and Travis convince the vet to let them stay, and then not to turn Einstein in? What made the vet's decision a morally sound one? What in this decision could have jeopardized his career and why? What would you have done in the same situation?
Essay Topic 3
Nora feels threatened by Arthur Streck. Explain how the way she was brought up influences her ability to fight back against him. Explain why she is left feeling vulnerable as a result of her aunt's iron fist.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)