Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dog do at the end of the chapter?
2. Who was Vince paid to 'hit?'
3. How many burgers was ordered for the dog?
4. What is Nora drinking?
5. What kind of drinks did Travis pack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Garrison get past the cops?
2. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
3. What things led Vince to believe he was working for the Soviets?
4. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
5. What was left of Wes' house?
6. How does Travis convince the dog to allow the collar on him?
7. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
8. What does Vince want with Johnny the Wire?
9. What was Vince doing in Weatherby's garage?
10. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how you believe you would react to having an abnormally intelligent animal. What kind of things could you do with a normal dog versus what a dog of heightened intelligence might do? What has Einstein done to reassure his master of his intellect? What things in chapter two argue against and for the intelligence of Einstein?
Essay Topic 2
The Outsider and Einstein both have a different view of society not only due to genetics but due to the way they were treated. Explain both views of humanity, and why you think each character takes that view. Which do you most identify with and why? What do you think is the stimulus for you feeling this way?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Lem finally tell Walt what was going on at the NSA? What had prevented him from telling Walt before? Why did the incidents at Bordeaux Ridge break him of his oath of silence?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)