|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein want Nora and Travis to do?
2. What is it that Lem tells the girl to make her open up?
3. What direction is the Outsider heading?
4. How did Nora defend herself?
5. What soothes Nora?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nora think when she saw Streck on her bed?
2. How was the fear that Travis felt after he'd left the canyon different to what he felt why he was there?
3. How did the dog look after he had some attention paid to him?
4. Why doesn't Tracy tell the truth about the attack she suffered?
5. How did Vince enter the home of Dr. Yarbeck?
6. How did Einstein convey his thoughts on Travis and Nora's relationship?
7. How does Travis react to the unknown assailant?
8. What things did Arthur Streck knock over while trying to escape Einstein?
9. What wounds did Art gain as a result of Einstein and Nora?
10. How did Travis drive away from the canyon, and why did he leave so shortly after arriving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the way Travis and Nora approach Einstein's sickness? What are the instigating events preceding both their views? How does this affect each of their life outlooks in general? How do they compliment one another?
Essay Topic 2
What about the case did Walt find out on his own? How does this pursuit of information indicate his aptitude as a police officer? What is the difference between Walt and Lem? Who would you rather have as a friend and why?
Essay Topic 3
The Outsider and Einstein both have a different view of society not only due to genetics but due to the way they were treated. Explain both views of humanity, and why you think each character takes that view. Which do you most identify with and why? What do you think is the stimulus for you feeling this way?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)