Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dog do at the end of the chapter?
2. Who was Vince paid to 'hit?'
3. How many burgers was ordered for the dog?
4. What is Nora drinking?
5. What kind of drinks did Travis pack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Garrison get past the cops?
2. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
3. What things led Vince to believe he was working for the Soviets?
4. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
5. What was left of Wes' house?
6. How does Travis convince the dog to allow the collar on him?
7. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
8. What does Vince want with Johnny the Wire?
9. What was Vince doing in Weatherby's garage?
10. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lem and Nora. In what ways are they both victims? In what ways are they strong? How do both character's progress throughout the novel? How is their progression healthier for them in the long run?
Essay Topic 2
What inspires an epiphany from Lem Johnson? Do you think his way of thinking is logical, or that of someone who is very tired and exhausted? How do you justify your answer?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did teaching Einstein have an effect on Nora's redevelopment? What are some theories on how this helped her to blossom as a fully functional woman? What do you think would have happened to Nora otherwise? How do you think her progression in life would have been had it not been for Einstein and Travis?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)