|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Nora Devon afraid of?
2. What soothes Nora?
3. What shape was the Lab of Banodyne industries?
4. What did the assailant sound like?
5. What vow did Nora make to herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Streck violate Nora?
2. What does Hudston have in common with Davis and Elizabeth?
3. How did Travis drive away from the canyon, and why did he leave so shortly after arriving?
4. How was the fear that Travis felt after he'd left the canyon different to what he felt why he was there?
5. Why didn't Wes get the gun despite his fear?
6. How did the dog look after he had some attention paid to him?
7. What was it that attracted Travis' attention to Nora?
8. What did Nora think when she saw Streck on her bed?
9. What wounds did Art gain as a result of Einstein and Nora?
10. What lead Travis into a life of solitude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you could gain immortality by killing innocent people would you do it? Why or why not? Does Vince's motivations make him a bad guy? How or why not? Why is Vince's character vital to plot development?
Essay Topic 2
When Travis killed the Outsider, do you think it was more an act of revenge or pity? Why? What would you do if you had been Travis? What things that the Outsider does make it seem more human? More animal?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lem and Nora. In what ways are they both victims? In what ways are they strong? How do both character's progress throughout the novel? How is their progression healthier for them in the long run?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)