|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dog do when approached with the thing he didn't like?
2. What does Streck say to Nora in the beginning of section two?
3. Who happened upon Nora and Streck?
4. What was he careful to do while there?
5. What does Vince do after he kills someone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it that Lem couldn't tolerate failure?
2. How was teaching Einstein having a beneficial effect on Nora?
3. How was Einstein still affected by the Outsider?
4. What was left of Wes' house?
5. What did Lem Johnson notice about Nora and Travis' kitchen?
6. How does Travis react to the unknown assailant?
7. What was it about Travis and Nora that made them so memorable to Van Dyne?
8. What does Hudston have in common with Davis and Elizabeth?
9. What does Vince want with Don Tetragna?
10. How does Garrison get past the cops?
Essay Topic 1
What about the case did Walt find out on his own? How does this pursuit of information indicate his aptitude as a police officer? What is the difference between Walt and Lem? Who would you rather have as a friend and why?
Essay Topic 2
Who would you rather have at your side, Einstein or Walt? Why is this your choice? If you could have any character as a friend in this book who would it be and why?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did teaching Einstein have an effect on Nora's redevelopment? What are some theories on how this helped her to blossom as a fully functional woman? What do you think would have happened to Nora otherwise? How do you think her progression in life would have been had it not been for Einstein and Travis?
This section contains 1,656 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)