|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nora call?
2. What kind of tree did Travis park under?
3. What is another part of the "gift" Vince has?
4. What shape was the Lab of Banodyne industries?
5. What did Nora see in her own eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it Nora feared most about the person who scared her?
2. What was it that attracted Travis' attention to Nora?
3. What was Einstein so persistent about?
4. What things did Arthur Streck knock over while trying to escape Einstein?
5. What lead Travis into a life of solitude?
6. Why doesn't Tracy tell the truth about the attack she suffered?
7. How did Vince enter the home of Dr. Yarbeck?
8. How does Travis react to the unknown assailant?
9. What did Wes believe the thing in the bushes sounded like?
10. Who was Wes Dalburg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How, throughout the novel has Nora's character evolved? What, in later chapters, makes her seem like a totally different person? How does her character development contrast Travis'?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how beauty, intelligence, and disfigurement are compared and contrasted against each other in this story. Does this aptly portray societal values? How so or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What led Travis to guilt over the death of his loved ones? Do you think this is a logical way to feel? Why or why not? Describe the way you would feel in his position.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)