|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Dr. Hudston's eyes to go blank?
2. How did Vince feel about Haines?
3. Who does Vince suspect he is working for?
4. How many times does Einstein ring the bell?
5. How many burgers was ordered for the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Travis convince the dog to allow the collar on him?
2. How was the fear that Travis felt after he'd left the canyon different to what he felt why he was there?
3. What was it that attracted Travis' attention to Nora?
4. What was it Nora feared most about the person who scared her?
5. What lead Travis into a life of solitude?
6. Who was Wes Dalburg?
7. What things did Arthur Streck knock over while trying to escape Einstein?
8. How did the dog look after he had some attention paid to him?
9. What was Nora Devon's escape from the domineering nature of her aunt?
10. What wounds did Art gain as a result of Einstein and Nora?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Nora and Travis convince the vet to let them stay, and then not to turn Einstein in? What made the vet's decision a morally sound one? What in this decision could have jeopardized his career and why? What would you have done in the same situation?
Essay Topic 2
What sort of things did Lem find in the Outsider's lair? What did he believe they meant to the Outsider? How did this make Lem feel? What does it make the reader feel, and how is this technique used to portray the Outsider?
Essay Topic 3
How does Koontz let the reader know what Einstein wants of Travis before Travis? In what ways does this convince the reader of the intelligence of the dog? How does this affect the progression of the readers opinion of Einstein?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)