|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis throw at the dog?
2. Who lived in Newport?
3. How many people are in the family that Vince is being paid to kill next?
4. What made Nora happy?
5. What kind of drinks did Travis pack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Tracy tell the truth about the attack she suffered?
2. Who was Wes Dalburg?
3. How was the fear that Travis felt after he'd left the canyon different to what he felt why he was there?
4. How did Vince enter the home of Dr. Yarbeck?
5. How did Einstein convey his thoughts on Travis and Nora's relationship?
6. Why didn't Wes get the gun despite his fear?
7. How does Travis convince the dog to allow the collar on him?
8. What was the epiphany Travis had while looking at the rattler?
9. What did Wes believe the thing in the bushes sounded like?
10. What was Einstein so persistent about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Nora and Travis convince the vet to let them stay, and then not to turn Einstein in? What made the vet's decision a morally sound one? What in this decision could have jeopardized his career and why? What would you have done in the same situation?
Essay Topic 2
What sort of things did Lem find in the Outsider's lair? What did he believe they meant to the Outsider? How did this make Lem feel? What does it make the reader feel, and how is this technique used to portray the Outsider?
Essay Topic 3
Nora feels threatened by Arthur Streck. Explain how the way she was brought up influences her ability to fight back against him. Explain why she is left feeling vulnerable as a result of her aunt's iron fist.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)