|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Vince's employers reside?
2. What is interesting about the dog's behavior?
3. Where does Vince go after dispatching of Dr. Weatherby?
4. What did Nora spit in Streck's face?
5. Who does Vince suspect he is working for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Travis drive away from the canyon, and why did he leave so shortly after arriving?
2. What was left of Wes' house?
3. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
4. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
5. What was Vince doing in Weatherby's garage?
6. Why would the government want a dog with human intelligence?
7. What was the purpose behind Yarbeck's creation?
8. Why can't Walt go public with the information Lem is giving him?
9. How did the Outsider inspire pity in Travis?
10. What are the effects of second stage distemper and why does Travis fear it so?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How, throughout the novel has Nora's character evolved? What, in later chapters, makes her seem like a totally different person? How does her character development contrast Travis'?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how you believe you would react to having an abnormally intelligent animal. What kind of things could you do with a normal dog versus what a dog of heightened intelligence might do? What has Einstein done to reassure his master of his intellect? What things in chapter two argue against and for the intelligence of Einstein?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did teaching Einstein have an effect on Nora's redevelopment? What are some theories on how this helped her to blossom as a fully functional woman? What do you think would have happened to Nora otherwise? How do you think her progression in life would have been had it not been for Einstein and Travis?
This section contains 1,662 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)