|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dog bring to Travis that startled him?
2. How many people died for the "association" with Travis?
3. What seemed to be the most extraordinary thing about the dog's intelligence?
4. What color was Vince's car?
5. What direction is the Outsider heading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hudston have in common with Davis and Elizabeth?
2. How did Vince enter the home of Dr. Yarbeck?
3. What did the dog that met up with Travis on the trail look like?
4. What was Vince doing in Weatherby's garage?
5. What was left of Wes' house?
6. Who was Wes Dalburg?
7. How did Travis drive away from the canyon, and why did he leave so shortly after arriving?
8. What wounds did Art gain as a result of Einstein and Nora?
9. What was Nora Devon's escape from the domineering nature of her aunt?
10. What was Einstein so persistent about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Nora and Travis convince the vet to let them stay, and then not to turn Einstein in? What made the vet's decision a morally sound one? What in this decision could have jeopardized his career and why? What would you have done in the same situation?
Essay Topic 2
What led Travis to guilt over the death of his loved ones? Do you think this is a logical way to feel? Why or why not? Describe the way you would feel in his position.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did teaching Einstein have an effect on Nora's redevelopment? What are some theories on how this helped her to blossom as a fully functional woman? What do you think would have happened to Nora otherwise? How do you think her progression in life would have been had it not been for Einstein and Travis?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)