|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the retriever not like?
2. How many people are in the family that Vince is being paid to kill next?
3. Who was Vince paid to 'hit?'
4. What does Streck say to Nora in the beginning of section two?
5. What did Nora spit in Streck's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Garrison Dilworth help Travis and Nora?
2. How does Travis react to the unknown assailant?
3. What was it that attracted Travis' attention to Nora?
4. Why didn't Wes get the gun despite his fear?
5. How does Travis convince the dog to allow the collar on him?
6. What did Lem Johnson notice about Nora and Travis' kitchen?
7. What was Vince doing in Weatherby's garage?
8. How was the fear that Travis felt after he'd left the canyon different to what he felt why he was there?
9. What does Vince want with Johnny the Wire?
10. What does Vince want with Don Tetragna?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how you believe you would react to having an abnormally intelligent animal. What kind of things could you do with a normal dog versus what a dog of heightened intelligence might do? What has Einstein done to reassure his master of his intellect? What things in chapter two argue against and for the intelligence of Einstein?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lem and Nora. In what ways are they both victims? In what ways are they strong? How do both character's progress throughout the novel? How is their progression healthier for them in the long run?
Essay Topic 3
Who would you rather have at your side, Einstein or Walt? Why is this your choice? If you could have any character as a friend in this book who would it be and why?
This section contains 1,633 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)