|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Einstein ring the bell?
2. What did the retriever not like?
3. What compelled Vince?
4. How many people died for the "association" with Travis?
5. What does Streck say to Nora in the beginning of section two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was left of Wes' house?
2. What did Travis compare and contrast in the dog's behavior?
3. How was the fear that Travis felt after he'd left the canyon different to what he felt why he was there?
4. What was it Nora feared most about the person who scared her?
5. What did Wes believe the thing in the bushes sounded like?
6. Why doesn't Tracy tell the truth about the attack she suffered?
7. Who was Wes Dalburg?
8. What was Vince doing in Weatherby's garage?
9. How does Travis react to the unknown assailant?
10. How did Streck violate Nora?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who would you rather have at your side, Einstein or Walt? Why is this your choice? If you could have any character as a friend in this book who would it be and why?
Essay Topic 2
What inspires an epiphany from Lem Johnson? Do you think his way of thinking is logical, or that of someone who is very tired and exhausted? How do you justify your answer?
Essay Topic 3
What about the case did Walt find out on his own? How does this pursuit of information indicate his aptitude as a police officer? What is the difference between Walt and Lem? Who would you rather have as a friend and why?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)