|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemed to be the most extraordinary thing about the dog's intelligence?
2. What does the dog chase?
3. What animal are the lab technicians compared to?
4. What did the dog make on the floor?
5. What compelled Vince?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Travis compare and contrast in the dog's behavior?
2. What lead Travis into a life of solitude?
3. What things led Vince to believe he was working for the Soviets?
4. Who was Wes Dalburg?
5. What did Wes believe the thing in the bushes sounded like?
6. How did Travis drive away from the canyon, and why did he leave so shortly after arriving?
7. How does Travis react to the unknown assailant?
8. Why doesn't Tracy tell the truth about the attack she suffered?
9. How did Vince enter the home of Dr. Yarbeck?
10. Why did Nora hate the house she lived in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the way Travis and Nora approach Einstein's sickness? What are the instigating events preceding both their views? How does this affect each of their life outlooks in general? How do they compliment one another?
Essay Topic 2
What about the case did Walt find out on his own? How does this pursuit of information indicate his aptitude as a police officer? What is the difference between Walt and Lem? Who would you rather have as a friend and why?
Essay Topic 3
If you could gain immortality by killing innocent people would you do it? Why or why not? Does Vince's motivations make him a bad guy? How or why not? Why is Vince's character vital to plot development?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)