|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was he careful to do while there?
2. What did Nora choose to do following her experience with Streck?
3. Where does Vince go after dispatching of Dr. Weatherby?
4. How does Travis get the collar on the dog?
5. How many times does Einstein ring the bell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the dog look after he had some attention paid to him?
2. What was left of Wes' house?
3. What things did Arthur Streck knock over while trying to escape Einstein?
4. How did Vince enter the home of Dr. Yarbeck?
5. Why doesn't Tracy tell the truth about the attack she suffered?
6. How did Streck violate Nora?
7. What wounds did Art gain as a result of Einstein and Nora?
8. What did the dog that met up with Travis on the trail look like?
9. What lead Travis into a life of solitude?
10. What was the epiphany Travis had while looking at the rattler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did teaching Einstein have an effect on Nora's redevelopment? What are some theories on how this helped her to blossom as a fully functional woman? What do you think would have happened to Nora otherwise? How do you think her progression in life would have been had it not been for Einstein and Travis?
Essay Topic 2
The Outsider and Einstein both have a different view of society not only due to genetics but due to the way they were treated. Explain both views of humanity, and why you think each character takes that view. Which do you most identify with and why? What do you think is the stimulus for you feeling this way?
Essay Topic 3
What about the case did Walt find out on his own? How does this pursuit of information indicate his aptitude as a police officer? What is the difference between Walt and Lem? Who would you rather have as a friend and why?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)