|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemed to be the most extraordinary thing about the dog's intelligence?
2. Where did Nora stop to admire the yellow blossoms?
3. What did Travis think he was doing?
4. What kind of jar did Art knock over?
5. How did Travis react to this behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things led Vince to believe he was working for the Soviets?
2. Why doesn't Tracy tell the truth about the attack she suffered?
3. What did the dog that met up with Travis on the trail look like?
4. What was it that attracted Travis' attention to Nora?
5. What was Nora Devon's escape from the domineering nature of her aunt?
6. What does Hudston have in common with Davis and Elizabeth?
7. How does Travis react to the unknown assailant?
8. What does Vince want with Johnny the Wire?
9. What are the things Travis likes in Nora?
10. What did Nora think when she saw Streck on her bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how you believe you would react to having an abnormally intelligent animal. What kind of things could you do with a normal dog versus what a dog of heightened intelligence might do? What has Einstein done to reassure his master of his intellect? What things in chapter two argue against and for the intelligence of Einstein?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lem and Nora. In what ways are they both victims? In what ways are they strong? How do both character's progress throughout the novel? How is their progression healthier for them in the long run?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how having a mental illness is more of a way of life than it was in earlier centuries. What do you think is responsible for this global shift in perspective? How has it become chic to have some sort of mild mental disorder? How are mental illnesses glamorized in the media? Who profits from mental illness?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)