|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape was the Lab of Banodyne industries?
2. What soothes Nora?
3. What direction is the Outsider heading?
4. Who lived in Newport?
5. What did Nora choose to do following her experience with Streck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wounds did Art gain as a result of Einstein and Nora?
2. What was Einstein so persistent about?
3. What did Nora think when she saw Streck on her bed?
4. What was it that attracted Travis' attention to Nora?
5. What things led Vince to believe he was working for the Soviets?
6. Who was Wes Dalburg?
7. Why didn't Wes get the gun despite his fear?
8. How did Vince enter the home of Dr. Yarbeck?
9. What does Vince want with Johnny the Wire?
10. What was Nora Devon's escape from the domineering nature of her aunt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nora feels threatened by Arthur Streck. Explain how the way she was brought up influences her ability to fight back against him. Explain why she is left feeling vulnerable as a result of her aunt's iron fist.
Essay Topic 2
When Travis killed the Outsider, do you think it was more an act of revenge or pity? Why? What would you do if you had been Travis? What things that the Outsider does make it seem more human? More animal?
Essay Topic 3
If you could gain immortality by killing innocent people would you do it? Why or why not? Does Vince's motivations make him a bad guy? How or why not? Why is Vince's character vital to plot development?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)