Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dog do at the end of the chapter?
2. Who was Vince paid to 'hit?'
3. How many burgers was ordered for the dog?
4. What is Nora drinking?
5. What kind of drinks did Travis pack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Garrison get past the cops?
2. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
3. What things led Vince to believe he was working for the Soviets?
4. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
5. What was left of Wes' house?
6. How does Travis convince the dog to allow the collar on him?
7. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
8. What does Vince want with Johnny the Wire?
9. What was Vince doing in Weatherby's garage?
10. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
Essay Topic 1
Who would you rather have at your side, Einstein or Walt? Why is this your choice? If you could have any character as a friend in this book who would it be and why?
Essay Topic 2
The Outsider and Einstein both have a different view of society not only due to genetics but due to the way they were treated. Explain both views of humanity, and why you think each character takes that view. Which do you most identify with and why? What do you think is the stimulus for you feeling this way?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how having a mental illness is more of a way of life than it was in earlier centuries. What do you think is responsible for this global shift in perspective? How has it become chic to have some sort of mild mental disorder? How are mental illnesses glamorized in the media? Who profits from mental illness?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)