Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dog do at the end of the chapter?
2. Who was Vince paid to 'hit?'
3. How many burgers was ordered for the dog?
4. What is Nora drinking?
5. What kind of drinks did Travis pack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Garrison get past the cops?
2. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
3. What things led Vince to believe he was working for the Soviets?
4. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
5. What was left of Wes' house?
6. How does Travis convince the dog to allow the collar on him?
7. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
8. What does Vince want with Johnny the Wire?
9. What was Vince doing in Weatherby's garage?
10. What is significant about Nora and how does Travis feel?
What inspires an epiphany from Lem Johnson? Do you think his way of thinking is logical, or that of someone who is very tired and exhausted? How do you justify your answer?
Explain how having a mental illness is more of a way of life than it was in earlier centuries. What do you think is responsible for this global shift in perspective? How has it become chic to have some sort of mild mental disorder? How are mental illnesses glamorized in the media? Who profits from mental illness?
Nora feels threatened by Arthur Streck. Explain how the way she was brought up influences her ability to fight back against him. Explain why she is left feeling vulnerable as a result of her aunt's iron fist.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)