|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Lem tells the girl to make her open up?
2. Where did Nora stop to admire the yellow blossoms?
3. What kind of drinks did Travis pack?
4. Who does Vince suspect he is working for?
5. What is Nora drinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lead Travis into a life of solitude?
2. What wounds did Art gain as a result of Einstein and Nora?
3. What was it Nora feared most about the person who scared her?
4. Why didn't Wes get the gun despite his fear?
5. How did Travis drive away from the canyon, and why did he leave so shortly after arriving?
6. What did Travis compare and contrast in the dog's behavior?
7. What did Nora think when she saw Streck on her bed?
8. What was Einstein so persistent about?
9. What was the epiphany Travis had while looking at the rattler?
10. What things led Vince to believe he was working for the Soviets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lem and Nora. In what ways are they both victims? In what ways are they strong? How do both character's progress throughout the novel? How is their progression healthier for them in the long run?
Essay Topic 2
What about the case did Walt find out on his own? How does this pursuit of information indicate his aptitude as a police officer? What is the difference between Walt and Lem? Who would you rather have as a friend and why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how having a mental illness is more of a way of life than it was in earlier centuries. What do you think is responsible for this global shift in perspective? How has it become chic to have some sort of mild mental disorder? How are mental illnesses glamorized in the media? Who profits from mental illness?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)