|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dog take an interest in?
2. How many different women was Vince's new mark, Haines, seen with?
3. What did the dog bring to Travis that startled him?
4. What are the two kinds of people in the world?
5. What is it that Lem tells the girl to make her open up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Vince do that he didn't think would have been acceptable by Don Tetragna, and what did he do to prepare himself for this outcome?
2. What does Travis believe the Outsider's reasons could have been for not killing Einstein?
3. What all had occurred on the day that Einstein said was going to be a "bad day?"
4. What did Lem Johnson notice about Nora and Travis' kitchen?
5. What things did Arthur Streck knock over while trying to escape Einstein?
6. How was teaching Einstein having a beneficial effect on Nora?
7. How does Garrison get past the cops?
8. What are the things Travis likes in Nora?
9. What does Vince want with Don Tetragna?
10. Why did Garrison Dilworth help Travis and Nora?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how you believe you would react to having an abnormally intelligent animal. What kind of things could you do with a normal dog versus what a dog of heightened intelligence might do? What has Einstein done to reassure his master of his intellect? What things in chapter two argue against and for the intelligence of Einstein?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how beauty, intelligence, and disfigurement are compared and contrasted against each other in this story. Does this aptly portray societal values? How so or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Outsider and Einstein both have a different view of society not only due to genetics but due to the way they were treated. Explain both views of humanity, and why you think each character takes that view. Which do you most identify with and why? What do you think is the stimulus for you feeling this way?
This section contains 1,740 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)