|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dog do?
2. What is interesting about the dog's behavior?
3. How many people died for the "association" with Travis?
4. Who was Nora Devon afraid of?
5. What is it that Lem tells the girl to make her open up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it Nora feared most about the person who scared her?
2. What lead Travis into a life of solitude?
3. Why did Nora hate the house she lived in?
4. What was Einstein so persistent about?
5. How did Vince enter the home of Dr. Yarbeck?
6. Why doesn't Tracy tell the truth about the attack she suffered?
7. What was Nora Devon's escape from the domineering nature of her aunt?
8. How did Einstein convey his thoughts on Travis and Nora's relationship?
9. What things did Arthur Streck knock over while trying to escape Einstein?
10. What did Travis compare and contrast in the dog's behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how beauty, intelligence, and disfigurement are compared and contrasted against each other in this story. Does this aptly portray societal values? How so or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Nora feels threatened by Arthur Streck. Explain how the way she was brought up influences her ability to fight back against him. Explain why she is left feeling vulnerable as a result of her aunt's iron fist.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between the way Travis and Nora approach Einstein's sickness? What are the instigating events preceding both their views? How does this affect each of their life outlooks in general? How do they compliment one another?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)