|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time did Einstein become agitated?
2. Where was Vince?
3. What compelled Vince?
4. What seemed to be the most extraordinary thing about the dog's intelligence?
5. How many times does Einstein ring the bell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Einstein convey his thoughts on Travis and Nora's relationship?
2. What was Nora Devon's escape from the domineering nature of her aunt?
3. What wounds did Art gain as a result of Einstein and Nora?
4. What was Vince doing in Weatherby's garage?
5. What does Vince want with Johnny the Wire?
6. How did Streck violate Nora?
7. How does Travis convince the dog to allow the collar on him?
8. Who was Wes Dalburg?
9. Why didn't Wes get the gun despite his fear?
10. What lead Travis into a life of solitude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What sort of things did Lem find in the Outsider's lair? What did he believe they meant to the Outsider? How did this make Lem feel? What does it make the reader feel, and how is this technique used to portray the Outsider?
Essay Topic 2
How does Koontz let the reader know what Einstein wants of Travis before Travis? In what ways does this convince the reader of the intelligence of the dog? How does this affect the progression of the readers opinion of Einstein?
Essay Topic 3
If you could gain immortality by killing innocent people would you do it? Why or why not? Does Vince's motivations make him a bad guy? How or why not? Why is Vince's character vital to plot development?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)