|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people died for the "association" with Travis?
2. Where does Vince go after dispatching of Dr. Weatherby?
3. What kind of drinks did Travis pack?
4. Who did Nora think it was when Travis called?
5. What animal are the lab technicians compared to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Tracy tell the truth about the attack she suffered?
2. How was the fear that Travis felt after he'd left the canyon different to what he felt why he was there?
3. What was the epiphany Travis had while looking at the rattler?
4. What was Nora Devon's escape from the domineering nature of her aunt?
5. What did Wes believe the thing in the bushes sounded like?
6. How did Einstein convey his thoughts on Travis and Nora's relationship?
7. What wounds did Art gain as a result of Einstein and Nora?
8. What was Vince doing in Weatherby's garage?
9. Who was Wes Dalburg?
10. What was Einstein so persistent about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you could gain immortality by killing innocent people would you do it? Why or why not? Does Vince's motivations make him a bad guy? How or why not? Why is Vince's character vital to plot development?
Essay Topic 2
The Outsider and Einstein both have a different view of society not only due to genetics but due to the way they were treated. Explain both views of humanity, and why you think each character takes that view. Which do you most identify with and why? What do you think is the stimulus for you feeling this way?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Lem finally tell Walt what was going on at the NSA? What had prevented him from telling Walt before? Why did the incidents at Bordeaux Ridge break him of his oath of silence?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)