|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about squirrels?
(a) He wants to eat them
(b) He hates them
(c) He likes them
(d) He longs to chase them
2. What did Vince dream about?
(a) Murdering a woman
(b) Murdering the intelligent dog
(c) Murdering a pregnant woman
(d) Becoming immortal
3. Why did Travis buy the scrabble board?
(a) To take his mind off of the trouble they were in
(b) So Einstein could spell
(c) So he and Nora could enjoy a game
(d) To throw tiles at the Outsider
4. What four words linger with Travis the most?
(a) Brain damage, in time
(b) Very sick, brain damage
(c) In time, very sick
(d) It's all your fault
5. What does Jim Keene tell Travis and Nora he is trying to do?
(a) Cure Distemper
(b) Paint over the tattoo
(c) Accelerate Einstein's recovery
(d) Remove the tattoo
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Travis hoping to find in the Tenderloin district?
2. What did Travis not want Einstein to be aware of or frightened by?
3. What did Einstein perceive as coming towards them?
4. How did Travis think he was reacting?
5. What credit card did Travis give to the chapel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein's communication via the tiles convince Dr. Keene to keep him free?
2. Why did Garrison Dilworth help Travis and Nora?
3. Why did Travis buy a Scrabble board?
4. How did the Outsider inspire pity in Travis?
5. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
6. How does the Magnum Travis was carrying act as ID?
7. Why was it that Lem couldn't tolerate failure?
8. How was teaching Einstein having a beneficial effect on Nora?
9. What was the purpose behind Yarbeck's creation?
10. How did Nora teach Einstein to communicate and what did she learn from this communication?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)