|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Travis buy the scrabble board?
(a) To throw tiles at the Outsider
(b) To take his mind off of the trouble they were in
(c) So Einstein could spell
(d) So he and Nora could enjoy a game
2. What aroma was NOT mentioned as having filled the house on Christmas Day?
(a) Baked corn
3. What did Einstein have that made him sick?
(b) Kidney stones
(c) Bladder infection
4. What possessed Garrison Dilworth to play hero?
(a) A deep seated belief the dog should remain free
(b) Garrison loved Einstein too
(c) Nora offered him lots of money
(d) Travis offered him lots of money
5. The Outsider perceives itself to be ______?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the glove box that gave Nora hope?
2. Where did Teel Porter die?
3. How many people did Vince kill in the trattoria?
4. What did the Outsider ask Lem to do?
5. What was the one fantasy that both the Outsider and the Dog had enjoyed while at Banodyne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Nora keep her new hairstyle?
2. How did the Outsider inspire pity in Travis?
3. Why would the government want a dog with human intelligence?
4. What did Vince do that he didn't think would have been acceptable by Don Tetragna, and what did he do to prepare himself for this outcome?
5. Why did Garrison Dilworth help Travis and Nora?
6. Why was it that Lem couldn't tolerate failure?
7. How did King save Dr. Keene's life and how did this persuade him to let Travis and Nora stay with Einstein?
8. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
9. What was the purpose behind Yarbeck's creation?
10. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)