|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the subject of Nora's newest painting?
(a) The three of them
(b) Travis and Einstein
2. What kind of drug did the two police officers think that the killer had been on?
(b) Crack Cocaine
3. What does the Outsider ask Travis to do?
(a) Help him
(b) Kill Einstein
(c) Kill him
(d) Kill himself
4. What was the only thing Lem realized he was loyal to?
(a) His fathers vision of life as a tight rope walk
(c) His wife
(d) His country
5. Why does the Outsider hate the dog so much?
(a) The dog got better food
(b) The dog was smarter
(c) The dog was allowed to roam free
(d) The dog was favored
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Garrison Dilworth?
2. What town were Travis and Nora close to?
3. Where is Einstein tattooed?
4. What was the signal from Einstein for No?
5. What thought repelled the two agents playing cards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the effects of second stage distemper and why does Travis fear it so?
2. Why was it that Lem couldn't tolerate failure?
3. Why didn't Nora keep her new hairstyle?
4. How did Nora teach Einstein to communicate and what did she learn from this communication?
5. How does Einstein's communication via the tiles convince Dr. Keene to keep him free?
6. What was the purpose(s) of helping Dr. Keene with his practice?
7. What did Vince do that he didn't think would have been acceptable by Don Tetragna, and what did he do to prepare himself for this outcome?
8. How did Travis feel with Nora gone?
9. What is the difference in the way Walt perceives the thoughts of the Dog and the Outsider?
10. How did King save Dr. Keene's life and how did this persuade him to let Travis and Nora stay with Einstein?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)