|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought repelled the two agents playing cards?
(c) Two hand poker
2. How did the clothes Garrison was seen wearing fit him?
(a) They were gaudy and obnoxious
(b) They were too big in the waist and shirt
(c) They were too small everywhere
(d) They were branded and clearly that of a hipster
3. What did the forest rangers find at Boulder Canyon?
(a) All of these
(b) The handiwork of the Outsider
(c) The Outsider's lair
(d) Evidence of the Outsider
4. What kind of man, according to Aunt Violet didn't exist anywhere in the world?
(a) A sweet and romantic one
(b) A protective and sensitive one
(c) A kind and selfless one
(d) A sweet and kind one
5. What did Nora do throughout the rest of June?
(a) Make Travis love her
(b) Teach Einstein to read
(c) Teach Einstein to beg
(d) Cook and clean for Travis
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did they settle down close to where the Outsider could find them?
2. How did Travis get Einstein into the chapel?
3. Why does the Outsider smash mirrors?
4. How many times did Nora shoot Vince?
5. What room is the Outsider in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would the government want a dog with human intelligence?
2. What was the purpose behind Yarbeck's creation?
3. Why was it that Lem couldn't tolerate failure?
4. How does Einstein's communication via the tiles convince Dr. Keene to keep him free?
5. Why are the agents responsible for monitoring Garrison and Della's conversation hesitant?
6. What are the effects of second stage distemper and why does Travis fear it so?
7. How did Nora teach Einstein to communicate and what did she learn from this communication?
8. How did the Outsider inspire pity in Travis?
9. How was teaching Einstein having a beneficial effect on Nora?
10. What is Nora's position on Einstein leaving?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)