|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the dog do when approached with the thing he didn't like?
(a) He whimpered
(b) He ran in terror
(c) He growled softly
(d) He barked
2. What is it that Lem tells the girl to make her open up?
(a) His life story of when he was a kid
(b) The creature was huge
(c) The creature had yellow eyes
(d) The creature had fangs
3. What was different about the dog's eyes?
(a) One was green the other brown
(b) They seemed more intelligent and expressive
(c) One was blue and the other brown
(d) They seemed even more vacant than most dogs
4. Who does Vince suspect he is working for?
(a) The Columbians
(b) The Chinese
(c) The Iraquis
(d) The Soviets
5. How did Travis react to this behavior?
(a) He patted the dog on his head
(b) He acquiesced to his demands, and went back up the trail
(c) He killed the dog
(d) He gave the dog another Oreo
Short Answer Questions
1. What soothes Nora?
2. Who does Nora call?
3. What was in the glove box?
4. What color was Vince's car?
5. How many people are in the family that Vince is being paid to kill next?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it that attracted Travis' attention to Nora?
2. Why didn't Wes get the gun despite his fear?
3. What does Vince want with Johnny the Wire?
4. How does Travis react to the unknown assailant?
5. What was it Nora feared most about the person who scared her?
6. What did Wes believe the thing in the bushes sounded like?
7. What does Hudston have in common with Davis and Elizabeth?
8. How does Travis convince the dog to allow the collar on him?
9. What was Einstein so persistent about?
10. What was Nora Devon's escape from the domineering nature of her aunt?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)