|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the dog do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Wet himself
(c) Licked his hand
(d) Laid down to sleep
2. When Travis woke up again near dawn, what did he notice?
(a) That Einstein was sleeping
(b) That his car was missing
(c) That Einstein was keeping watch
(d) That someone had broken in
3. What does Streck say to Nora in the beginning of section two?
(a) I know what you need
(b) I left something behind
(c) I forgot to give you your extended warranty
(d) I want you
4. Who was Vince paid to 'hit?'
(a) Dr. Eliza
(b) Dr. Yarbeck's
(c) Dr. Yarbeck's husband
(d) Dr. Samsun
5. What is interesting about the dog's behavior?
(a) It is neurotic, barking and growling, then kissing and whimpering
(b) It is responding to his words
(c) The dog possessed an above average sense of smell
(d) The dog knew a wide variety of commands
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dog do?
2. Why did Nora decide to go to lunch with Travis?
3. What two things does Streck like about Nora?
4. Who was Nora Devon afraid of?
5. What does Travis throw at the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Einstein convey his thoughts on Travis and Nora's relationship?
2. What was Nora Devon's escape from the domineering nature of her aunt?
3. What was it that attracted Travis' attention to Nora?
4. Who was Wes Dalburg?
5. What did Wes believe the thing in the bushes sounded like?
6. What was Einstein so persistent about?
7. What lead Travis into a life of solitude?
8. How was the fear that Travis felt after he'd left the canyon different to what he felt why he was there?
9. How does Travis react to the unknown assailant?
10. How did the dog look after he had some attention paid to him?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)