|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Travis installed around the perimeter of the property?
(a) Wire trip wires
(b) Laser trip wires
(c) Infrared alarm system
(d) Booby traps
2. How does Einstein feel about squirrels?
(a) He wants to eat them
(b) He likes them
(c) He longs to chase them
(d) He hates them
3. What did Einstein do that inspired worry?
(a) He was consistently wimpering
(b) He didn't eat all his food
(c) He barked non stop
(d) He was listless
4. Who or what was awaiting Travis, Nora and Einstein when they returned home?
(a) Ted Huckney
(b) Garrison Dilworth
(c) The Outsider
5. What was the signal from Einstein for yes?
(c) Tail wag
(d) Blink twice
6. What is the Outsider designed to do?
(a) To love and be tender
(b) To be stealthy and intelligent
(c) To fight and kill
(d) To be smart and cunning
7. What did the Outsider ask Lem to do?
(a) Kill him
(b) Kill Yarbeck
(c) Break him out of there
(d) Tear out [his] eyes
8. What kind of man, according to Aunt Violet didn't exist anywhere in the world?
(a) A sweet and romantic one
(b) A protective and sensitive one
(c) A kind and selfless one
(d) A sweet and kind one
9. What did the forest rangers find at Boulder Canyon?
(a) The handiwork of the Outsider
(b) The Outsider's lair
(c) Evidence of the Outsider
(d) All of these
10. Why does Einstein say he needs grass?
(b) He enjoys it
(c) He likes the taste
11. Why does the Outsider hate the dog so much?
(a) The dog was allowed to roam free
(b) The dog got better food
(c) The dog was favored
(d) The dog was smarter
12. What was the name of the black lab that saved Dr. Keene?
13. What four words linger with Travis the most?
(a) It's all your fault
(b) Brain damage, in time
(c) Very sick, brain damage
(d) In time, very sick
14. How tall was the house that Travis and Nora purchased?
(a) Twenty two feet
(b) One story rancher
(c) Two story
(d) Fifteen feet
15. What did Travis not want Einstein to be aware of or frightened by?
(a) The fact that he thought that Einstein wasn't going to recover
(b) His dismal attitude
(c) That Keene was going to turn him in
(d) His tears
Short Answer Questions
1. What possessed Garrison Dilworth to play hero?
2. What did Travis take more comfort in sleeping beside?
3. What is the first sentence Einstein spells out when he gets home?
4. Why did they settle down close to where the Outsider could find them?
5. What was the name of the boy that helped Garrison?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)