|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day do Nora and Travis buy their Christmas tree?
(a) December 22
(b) December 20
(c) December 23
(d) December 21
2. What did the forest rangers find at Boulder Canyon?
(a) The Outsider's lair
(b) The handiwork of the Outsider
(c) Evidence of the Outsider
(d) All of these
3. Where was the head of Teel found?
(a) On the passenger seat of Walt's car
(b) On the passenger seat of Lem's car
(c) On the driver seat of Lem's car
(d) On the driver seat of Walts car
4. What does the Outsider ask Travis to do?
(a) Kill himself
(b) Help him
(c) Kill him
(d) Kill Einstein
5. What is the name of Nora's attorney?
(a) Jamison Dilworth
(b) Garrison Dilworth
(c) Garrison Dilburt
(d) Gerry Dilworth
6. What was the base animal in Yarbeck's studies?
(a) A baboon
(b) A human
(c) An ape
(d) A chimpanzee
7. What four words linger with Travis the most?
(a) Very sick, brain damage
(b) In time, very sick
(c) It's all your fault
(d) Brain damage, in time
8. What color is the barn?
(a) Rose red
(b) Dust Red
(c) Sunset Red
(d) Rust red
9. What did the Outsider ask Lem to do?
(a) Break him out of there
(b) Kill him
(c) Kill Yarbeck
(d) Tear out [his] eyes
10. What is the first sentence Einstein spells out when he gets home?
(a) Thanks for taking care of me
(b) Home is where the heart is
(c) Home is where the weenies are
(d) Thanks for staying with me
11. What is the name of Nora's doctor?
(a) Dr. Goldstein
(b) Dr. Weinstein
(c) Dr. Goldwein
(d) Dr. Weingold
12. The Outsider perceives itself to be ______?
13. What was the only thing Lem realized he was loyal to?
(a) His fathers vision of life as a tight rope walk
(b) His country
(d) His wife
14. What was the one fantasy that both the Outsider and the Dog had enjoyed while at Banodyne?
(a) Donald Duck
(b) Mickey Mouse
(c) The Swan Princess
(d) The Ugly Duckling
15. Where is Einstein tattooed?
(a) Beneath the tail
(b) The ear
(c) The belly
(d) On his lip
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is the Outsider's main target?
2. What does Einstein call Nora and Travis?
3. What possessed Garrison Dilworth to play hero?
4. What did Travis take more comfort in sleeping beside?
5. What was Einstein's favorite books to read with Nora and Travis?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)