|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the clothes Garrison was seen wearing fit him?
(a) They were branded and clearly that of a hipster
(b) They were too big in the waist and shirt
(c) They were too small everywhere
(d) They were gaudy and obnoxious
2. Who does Garrison Dilworth meet up with?
(a) Lem Johnson
(d) Della Colby
3. The Outsider perceives itself to be ______?
4. What was the name of the boy that helped Garrison?
5. What four words linger with Travis the most?
(a) Brain damage, in time
(b) It's all your fault
(c) Very sick, brain damage
(d) In time, very sick
6. What kind of man, according to Aunt Violet didn't exist anywhere in the world?
(a) A sweet and romantic one
(b) A kind and selfless one
(c) A protective and sensitive one
(d) A sweet and kind one
7. Why does the Outsider smash mirrors?
(a) So people can't look in them and see it
(b) It cannot stand the sight of itself
(c) It likes to hear the sound of breaking glass
(d) All of these
8. What is the Outsider designed to do?
(a) To fight and kill
(b) To love and be tender
(c) To be smart and cunning
(d) To be stealthy and intelligent
9. What was the name of the black lab that saved Dr. Keene?
10. What did Einstein perceive as coming towards them?
(a) A big uneasiness
(b) A big darkness
(c) The Outsider
(d) A storm
11. Why does the Outsider hate the dog so much?
(a) The dog was smarter
(b) The dog was allowed to roam free
(c) The dog got better food
(d) The dog was favored
12. How many years in prison did Art Streck get, as a mandatory sentence?
(a) Two years
(b) Three years
(c) Five years
(d) Four years
13. What room is the Outsider in?
(a) Nora's studio
(b) The living room
(c) The basement
(d) Their bedroom
14. What was in the glove box that gave Nora hope?
(a) A gun
(b) Pepper spray
(c) A cell phone
(d) A knife
15. What is the first sentence Einstein spells out when he gets home?
(a) Thanks for taking care of me
(b) Home is where the heart is
(c) Thanks for staying with me
(d) Home is where the weenies are
Short Answer Questions
1. What possessed Garrison Dilworth to play hero?
2. What was the signal from Einstein for yes?
3. How did Travis get Einstein into the chapel?
4. What aroma was NOT mentioned as having filled the house on Christmas Day?
5. How does Travis explain Einstein's initial behavior in recovery?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)