|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. However tough their situation, following their victory over the Hessians, the American troops are determined to have the enemy what?
2. In "Hard Choices," the enemy is moving to the east side of what state?
3. What is the American rebels' attitude following their crossing the Delaware River and heading on toward Trenton?
4. What is George Washington's only order to his men throughout their march?
5. What are the British and Hessian troops noted for throughout the war in the Colonies?
Essay Topic 1
The Americans arrive in Trenton around 7:30 a.m. Why do they still have a surprise attack? The Hessians are diligent, so what have they done to make them prone to a surprise attack? What makes the American army of volunteers with less training and discipline successful against a professional military with more of these attributes? How successful are the Americans in the execution of their attack, and what do they achieve?
Essay Topic 2
How crucial are discipline and order to the defeats and victories of each army? How do these issues come up throughout the duration of the conflict? How difficult are these lessons for the Americans to learn as they progress? How do the Americans eventually come to see the benefits?
Essay Topic 3
What delays the Americans from crossing the Delaware River and making a surprise attack at Trenton on Christmas Day of 1776? What is a nor'easter? What specific effects does it have on the Americans' advance toward Trenton? How does it affect their crossing the Delaware River? How does George Washington continue? How late are the Americans from their intended arrival? How does it affect their surprise attack?
This section contains 1,316 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)