Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Americans rate the effectiveness of their artillery in combat with the British?
2. What do the Hessians do prior to the attack in "The Surprise?"
3. The American soldiers' determination truly shines through during this whole campaign, and as the author mentions, George Washington's own determination plays what role in their success?
4. Following their victory in the surprise attack against the Hessians, the Americans share a spirit that the author describes as what?
5. The American destination in reference to the title of the book is originally what?
How do the Americans prevail at Princeton? Of what do they maintain control that keeps the British from fleeing and reinforcements from arriving? How difficult is the battle? Where do the Americans stand following the battles at Trenton and Princeton?
What delays the Americans from crossing the Delaware River and making a surprise attack at Trenton on Christmas Day of 1776? What is a nor'easter? What specific effects does it have on the Americans' advance toward Trenton? How does it affect their crossing the Delaware River? How does George Washington continue? How late are the Americans from their intended arrival? How does it affect their surprise attack?
While not everyone's first choice as the commander-in-chief of the American army, why is Washington the best selection? What experience does Washington have as a commander? What is Washington's age and health at this time? What other factors come into play making Washington the optimum selection?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)