|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was George Washington's objective in seizing control of the bridge at Princeton?
2. After George Washington's troops cross the Delaware River and head on to engage in a surprise attack on Trenton, the Americans continue in what status?
3. According to the author, of what are the Americans in awe regarding their opponents in combat?
4. The weather deteriorates as George Washington and his troops proceed, and what type of storm blows in?
5. The battle at "The Bridge," about which this chapter is entitled, proves a victory for whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do American rebel forces behave as they retreat across New Jersey? In what type of confrontations do they engage their enemy? Against what odds are the Americans fighting? What is the British impression of this?
Essay Topic 2
What effect does the Battle of Bunker Hill have on British General William Howe? What haunts Howe? How does he come to view the British chances of winning the conflict? What does he view as necessary for the Americans to be defeated and kept down? What does Howe think the chances of the British achieving this are? What does he think the chances are for the Americans coming to see eye to eye with the British? What habits does Howe develop?
Essay Topic 3
Elaborate on how the British military approaches training of their elements. Why does the British military place so much emphasis on training? What two critical elements do they feel it reinforces? What emphasis does the British army place on organization? How do organization and discipline come into play as part of their training?
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)