Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Americans rate the effectiveness of their artillery in combat with the British?
2. What do the Hessians do prior to the attack in "The Surprise?"
3. The American soldiers' determination truly shines through during this whole campaign, and as the author mentions, George Washington's own determination plays what role in their success?
4. Following their victory in the surprise attack against the Hessians, the Americans share a spirit that the author describes as what?
5. The American destination in reference to the title of the book is originally what?
Essay Topic 1
The Americans arrive in Trenton around 7:30 a.m. Why do they still have a surprise attack? The Hessians are diligent, so what have they done to make them prone to a surprise attack? What makes the American army of volunteers with less training and discipline successful against a professional military with more of these attributes? How successful are the Americans in the execution of their attack, and what do they achieve?
Essay Topic 2
Into what Forage War do the Americans force their enemy? What is the Americans' objective? How effective are the Americans in preventing the British and Hessians from foraging and maintaining their armies? How much damage are the Americans able to inflict on their enemies' efforts to continue the war in the Colonies?
Essay Topic 3
What delays the Americans from crossing the Delaware River and making a surprise attack at Trenton on Christmas Day of 1776? What is a nor'easter? What specific effects does it have on the Americans' advance toward Trenton? How does it affect their crossing the Delaware River? How does George Washington continue? How late are the Americans from their intended arrival? How does it affect their surprise attack?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)