|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does British military training compare with that of the American Revolutionaries?
2. While officers of the Hessian army all have specific beliefs, by what are these men defined?
3. Who expands the Hessian army?
4. What is the overall goal of the British in America?
5. When does the American Revolutionary War take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Hessians and British military forces differ in their approach to discipline?
2. Why is the war victory celebrated by Bostonians premature when the British leave town and George Washington and his men march through as heroes?
3. How does Charles Cornwallis conduct his decision making?
4. What are the foundational elements behind the British military?
5. How does the author summarize George Washington's growth as a leader during the American Revolution?
6. What is George Washington's fear as his troops march toward Trenton?
7. What effect do the Battles at Trenton and Princeton have upon the British?
8. What do the Van Horne, Stockton, and other prominent New Jersey families, have in common during the Revolution?
9. How does the British military approach training?
10. What is an interesting fact the author notes regarding the American attitude during their retreat through New Jersey?
Essay Topic 1
Why does the recruitment of new troops become of great concern to George Washington? How significant is the number of troops reaching their term? What are these men planning to do? What does the army offer those willing to reenlist? In addition to money, what do these men recognize about their remaining in the army?
Essay Topic 2
How do American rebel forces behave as they retreat across New Jersey? In what type of confrontations do they engage their enemy? Against what odds are the Americans fighting? What is the British impression of this?
Essay Topic 3
While not everyone's first choice as the commander-in-chief of the American army, why is Washington the best selection? What experience does Washington have as a commander? What is Washington's age and health at this time? What other factors come into play making Washington the optimum selection?
This section contains 1,961 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)