Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does British military training compare with that of the American Revolutionaries?
2. While officers of the Hessian army all have specific beliefs, by what are these men defined?
3. Who expands the Hessian army?
4. What is the overall goal of the British in America?
5. When does the American Revolutionary War take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Hessians and British military forces differ in their approach to discipline?
2. Why is the war victory celebrated by Bostonians premature when the British leave town and George Washington and his men march through as heroes?
3. How does Charles Cornwallis conduct his decision making?
4. What are the foundational elements behind the British military?
5. How does the author summarize George Washington's growth as a leader during the American Revolution?
6. What is George Washington's fear as his troops march toward Trenton?
7. What effect do the Battles at Trenton and Princeton have upon the British?
8. What do the Van Horne, Stockton, and other prominent New Jersey families, have in common during the Revolution?
9. How does the British military approach training?
10. What is an interesting fact the author notes regarding the American attitude during their retreat through New Jersey?
What delays the Americans from crossing the Delaware River and making a surprise attack at Trenton on Christmas Day of 1776? What is a nor'easter? What specific effects does it have on the Americans' advance toward Trenton? How does it affect their crossing the Delaware River? How does George Washington continue? How late are the Americans from their intended arrival? How does it affect their surprise attack?
How crucial are discipline and order to the defeats and victories of each army? How do these issues come up throughout the duration of the conflict? How difficult are these lessons for the Americans to learn as they progress? How do the Americans eventually come to see the benefits?
In what ways do the American troops display their lack of discipline and training? How do they maintain their quarters? How organized are they? What is the initial level of American military intelligence? How do they demonstrate a lack of it? What costly mistakes do George Washington and his officers make?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)