Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does British military training compare with that of the American Revolutionaries?
2. While officers of the Hessian army all have specific beliefs, by what are these men defined?
3. Who expands the Hessian army?
4. What is the overall goal of the British in America?
5. When does the American Revolutionary War take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Hessians and British military forces differ in their approach to discipline?
2. Why is the war victory celebrated by Bostonians premature when the British leave town and George Washington and his men march through as heroes?
3. How does Charles Cornwallis conduct his decision making?
4. What are the foundational elements behind the British military?
5. How does the author summarize George Washington's growth as a leader during the American Revolution?
6. What is George Washington's fear as his troops march toward Trenton?
7. What effect do the Battles at Trenton and Princeton have upon the British?
8. What do the Van Horne, Stockton, and other prominent New Jersey families, have in common during the Revolution?
9. How does the British military approach training?
10. What is an interesting fact the author notes regarding the American attitude during their retreat through New Jersey?
How does the British pacification policy fare in the Colonies? What types of problems are encountered? From where do these problems originate? How do the British troops remedy these problems? How common is it for the British troops to forage for supplies? How big does the problem become? How successful are the Howe brothers in deterring their troops and gaining compliance with the rules?
The Americans arrive in Trenton around 7:30 a.m. Why do they still have a surprise attack? The Hessians are diligent, so what have they done to make them prone to a surprise attack? What makes the American army of volunteers with less training and discipline successful against a professional military with more of these attributes? How successful are the Americans in the execution of their attack, and what do they achieve?
What delays the Americans from crossing the Delaware River and making a surprise attack at Trenton on Christmas Day of 1776? What is a nor'easter? What specific effects does it have on the Americans' advance toward Trenton? How does it affect their crossing the Delaware River? How does George Washington continue? How late are the Americans from their intended arrival? How does it affect their surprise attack?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)