|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The American soldiers' determination truly shines through during this whole campaign, and as the author mentions, George Washington's own determination plays what role in their success?
(a) A minimal role.
(b) A big role.
(c) An unnecessary role.
(d) A moderate role.
2. British commanders are highly skilled professionals who bond with one another as old boys, but are sensitive to what?
(a) Education and rank.
(b) Wealth and title.
(c) Rank and privilege.
(d) Wealth and competence.
3. Between the troops, weapons, and supplies they need to get across the Delaware River prior to the attack, how far behind does traveling in the storm put the Americans?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
4. In addition to tired troops and inclement weather, the author notes in "Hard Choices" that George Washington also has to face what problem?
(a) A shortage of food supplies.
(b) A shortage of ammunition.
(c) No supply shortages.
(d) A shortage of both ammunition and food supplies.
5. Following their victory in the surprise attack against the Hessians, the Americans share a spirit that the author describes as what?
(a) Reflecting concern as to how they will continue.
(b) Different from the last fight.
(c) Demonstrating uncertainty as to whether they can survive against the British.
(d) Identical to the last fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Good Ground," the author notes the Americans learn the British leaders are planning to strike at either Trenton or what location?
2. What view proves to be a mistake of historical consequence on the part of the Hessians in the pivotal battle at Trenton?
3. The American destination in reference to the title of the book is originally what?
4. In "Hard Choices," who urges George Washington to push the enemy from the state?
5. How do the soldiers of George Washington's army feel he stands in battle against their opponents?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)