|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Hard Choices," who urges George Washington to push the enemy from the state?
(a) General Nathanael Greene.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) John Cadwalader.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
2. The victory of the Americans in their surprise attack on the Hessians that Mr. Fischer relates in "The Surprise" does what to the British view?
(a) Confirms it.
(b) Completely alters it.
(c) Slightly alters it.
(d) Does not alter it,
3. In battles at what locations do the Americans learn important lessons about artillery?
(a) Baltimore and New York.
(b) Concord and Boston.
(c) Boston and Baltimore.
(d) Boston and New York.
4. While the British position at Princeton proves "untenable," they manage to disrupt George Washington's advance where?
5. The battle at "The Bridge," about which this chapter is entitled, proves a victory for whom?
(a) The British and Hessians.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Hessians.
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. What view proves to be a mistake of historical consequence on the part of the Hessians in the pivotal battle at Trenton?
2. In the chapter entitled "The Surprise," the Hessians are caught completely off guard in what will prove to be a pivotal battle in the war when the Americans arrive on scene about what time?
3. The American objective following their victory over the Hessians at Trenton, regardless of ease of defense, is to entice the enemy into an assault where?
4. Between the troops, weapons, and supplies they need to get across the Delaware River prior to the attack, how far behind does traveling in the storm put the Americans?
5. As the news of "The Surprise" victory over the Hessians spreads through America, many people receive it how?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the initial assault on Trenton fare for the Americans?
2. What is the outcome when the British attempt to defend Princeton?
3. How successful are the rebels in crossing the Delaware River?
4. To what is the title of the chapter called "Good Ground" a reference?
5. Although the British catch sight of the American army approaching, what do the rebels retain?
6. Why is the nor'easter seen as a blessing in disguise?
7. What does George Washington view as critical to the success of his attack on Trenton?
8. How does Charles Cornwallis conduct his decision making?
9. What is George Washington's fear as his troops march toward Trenton?
10. What is one of the largest problems George Washington is facing during the winter of 1776-1777?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)