Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Americans rate the effectiveness of their artillery in combat with the British?
(a) Limited in effectiveness.
(b) Moderately effective.
(c) Highly effective.
(d) Primarily used for loudness and smoke cover.
2. What do the Hessians do prior to the attack in "The Surprise?"
(a) Let their guard down.
(b) Maintain their vigilance despite alarms.
(c) Cut off patrols completely after a week of false alarms.
(d) Increase the number of security guards.
3. The American soldiers' determination truly shines through during this whole campaign, and as the author mentions, George Washington's own determination plays what role in their success?
(a) An unnecessary role.
(b) A big role.
(c) A minimal role.
(d) A moderate role.
4. Following their victory in the surprise attack against the Hessians, the Americans share a spirit that the author describes as what?
(a) Reflecting concern as to how they will continue.
(b) Different from the last fight.
(c) Identical to the last fight.
(d) Demonstrating uncertainty as to whether they can survive against the British.
5. The American destination in reference to the title of the book is originally what?
(b) Kept secret.
(d) Known only to the officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The victory of the Americans in their surprise attack on the Hessians that Mr. Fischer relates in "The Surprise" does what to the British view?
2. As the Americans assemble and pursue their march toward Trenton, what course does the stormy weather take?
3. Due to their delay from bad weather, George Washington puts their attack time at about what hour?
4. In "Hard Choices," the enemy is moving to the east side of what state?
5. The title of this chapter, "The Bridge," refers to one crossing over which waterway?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)