|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does British military training compare with that of the American Revolutionaries?
(a) Significantly different.
(b) Fairly similar.
(c) Virtually the same.
2. While officers of the Hessian army all have specific beliefs, by what are these men defined?
(a) Honor and aristocracy.
(b) Aristocracy and wealth.
(c) Courage and wealth.
(d) Courage and honor.
3. Who expands the Hessian army?
(a) Andreas von Wiederholdt II.
(b) Friedrich Wilhelm II.
(c) Johann Gottlieb II.
(d) Wilhelm Karl Friedrich II.
4. What is the overall goal of the British in America?
(a) Achieve Colonial order upon a British war victory.
(b) Ensure a victory in the Colonies at any cost.
(c) Restore Colonial peace and order rather than continue a war.
(d) Flee the Colonies at the earliest possibility.
5. When does the American Revolutionary War take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. After General Washington leaves New York, where do the British follow the Americans over the Hudson River ?
2. What do the British learn after mastering the skill of marching?
3. What type of concept is the British light infantry?
4. The summer illness that plagues those fighting the Americans in the latter half of the 1770s strikes which troops?
5. How successful is Thomas Paine in achieving his goal with his second pamphlet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Hessians and British military forces differ in their approach to discipline?
2. Why is the war victory celebrated by Bostonians premature when the British leave town and George Washington and his men march through as heroes?
3. How does Charles Cornwallis conduct his decision making?
4. What are the foundational elements behind the British military?
5. How does the author summarize George Washington's growth as a leader during the American Revolution?
6. What is George Washington's fear as his troops march toward Trenton?
7. What effect do the Battles at Trenton and Princeton have upon the British?
8. What do the Van Horne, Stockton, and other prominent New Jersey families, have in common during the Revolution?
9. How does the British military approach training?
10. What is an interesting fact the author notes regarding the American attitude during their retreat through New Jersey?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)