|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hessian army is comprised of what type of soldiers?
2. What other group of individuals plays both sides well during the American Revolutionary War?
(d) Tavern and inn owners.
3. What is the overall goal of the British in America?
(a) Flee the Colonies at the earliest possibility.
(b) Ensure a victory in the Colonies at any cost.
(c) Restore Colonial peace and order rather than continue a war.
(d) Achieve Colonial order upon a British war victory.
4. At what location are the Americans just a few miles from where the British settle on the New Jersey side of the Hudson River?
(a) Fort Lee.
(b) Fort Delaware.
(c) Fort Washington.
(d) Fort Greene.
5. The author describes Richard Stockton, as well as members of other notable New Jersey families, as having done what?
(a) Playing both sides in the Revolution.
(b) Being unswayed loyalists.
(c) Remaining independent of either side.
(d) Being staunch revolutionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. The opposing forces' problems are not directly due to the Americans, but from the failing strength of the British and Hessian forces reulting from what?
2. While he hates war passionately, Paine believes it is the lesser of two evils, the worse being what?
3. After what battle has General William Howe essentially given up?
4. Who does not allow the Hessians the rest they request?
5. When does the American Revolutionary War take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect do the Battles at Trenton and Princeton have upon the British?
2. How does Charles Cornwallis conduct his decision making?
3. What does the author note regarding the roles order and discipline have in the victories and the defeats?
4. How does George Washington fare in Manhattan in 1776?
5. Why is the bridge at Assunpink Creek crucial for the Americans to protect?
6. What is the outcome when the British attempt to defend Princeton?
7. What causes the British to feel slightly vulnerable to attack?
8. From what source do the Hessians draw their troops?
9. What are two of the many ways in which the Americans display their lack of discipline and training?
10. What are the foundational elements behind the British military?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)