Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does British military training compare with that of the American Revolutionaries?
(a) Significantly different.
(b) Fairly similar.
(c) Virtually the same.
2. While officers of the Hessian army all have specific beliefs, by what are these men defined?
(a) Honor and aristocracy.
(b) Aristocracy and wealth.
(c) Courage and wealth.
(d) Courage and honor.
3. Who expands the Hessian army?
(a) Andreas von Wiederholdt II.
(b) Friedrich Wilhelm II.
(c) Johann Gottlieb II.
(d) Wilhelm Karl Friedrich II.
4. What is the overall goal of the British in America?
(a) Achieve Colonial order upon a British war victory.
(b) Ensure a victory in the Colonies at any cost.
(c) Restore Colonial peace and order rather than continue a war.
(d) Flee the Colonies at the earliest possibility.
5. When does the American Revolutionary War take place?
6. After General Washington leaves New York, where do the British follow the Americans over the Hudson River ?
(d) Plymouth Rock.
7. What do the British learn after mastering the skill of marching?
(a) Hand-to-hand combat.
(b) Use of weapons.
(c) Physical exercise.
8. What type of concept is the British light infantry?
(a) Since early 1500s.
(c) Practiced only by British marines.
9. The summer illness that plagues those fighting the Americans in the latter half of the 1770s strikes which troops?
(a) All opposed to the Americans.
(b) British only.
(c) Hessian only.
10. How successful is Thomas Paine in achieving his goal with his second pamphlet?
(a) He has no success.
(b) He is only partially successful.
(c) He is minimally successful.
(d) He achieves it.
11. When does Thomas Paine decide to publish another pamphlet similar to Common Sense?
(a) November, 1776.
(b) December, 1776.
(c) January, 1777.
(d) October, 1776.
12. The author believes that, as the Americans mature as a cohesive unit, they will eventually see the benefits of what?
(a) Order and religiou faith.
(b) Order and discipline.
(c) Spiritual faith and discipline.
(d) Intelligence and marching skills.
13. After what battle has General William Howe essentially given up?
(a) Bunker Hill.
(b) Long Island.
14. What is the title of Thomas Paine's second pamphlet?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) The American Crisis.
(c) The Colonial Revolution.
(d) The Colonial Crisis.
15. General Washington believes that only 20% of British forces are on Long Island and are ready for battle. In reality, what is this percentage?
Short Answer Questions
1. The American troops are given how many days' advance notice to get supplies and weaponry together to create the element of surprise in their attack on Trenton?
2. What does the British militia instruct beyond a general attitude?
3. What is one important way the Americans display their lack of training and discipline?
4. At the time of the American Revolution, which force is equal to the British army?
5. After the British depart, Washington marches through what town with his troops and is hailed as a hero?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)