Short Essay Questions
1. "Washington's Crossing" by David Hackett Fischer is the story about what?
2. Why is George Washington's crossing of the Delaware River considered the turning point in the American Revolutionary War?
3. Why was George Washington selected as commander-in-chief of the American army?
4. Why is the war victory celebrated by Bostonians premature when the British leave town and George Washington and his men march through as heroes?
5. When they arrive in America, the British army consists of what elements?
6. Describe the relatively new concept of a light infantry which is brought to New York by the British.
7. What are the foundational elements behind the British military?
8. How does the British military approach training?
9. How does the Hessian army become involved in the American Revolution?
10. How might the officers of the Hessian army be described?
11. From what source do the Hessians draw their troops?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)