|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hard Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe the storm that breaks out on the day of the battle on which this book centers?
(a) A minimal obstruction.
(b) Not an encumbrance.
(c) A blessing in disguise.
(d) A surmountable obstacle.
2. What is a big issue facing the American rebels?
(a) Lack of dedication.
(b) Lack of enemy intelligence.
(c) Lack of courage.
(d) Overload of ammunition supplies.
3. After what battle has General William Howe essentially given up?
(a) Long Island.
(d) Bunker Hill.
4. "Washington's Crossing" is a story about which war?
(a) French and Indian.
(d) American Revolutionary.
5. In "Hard Choices," what is one of Washington's concerns?
(a) That the Americans would have to fight again on a frozen field.
(b) That the Americans would never be able to surprise the enemy again.
(c) If the Americans could maintain continuous support.
(d) If the Americans would incur a second significant victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Thomas Paine's second pamphlet?
2. In the first chapter, "The Rebels," the author foreshadows upcoming events by initially using what term?
3. The British military is very organized and feels training makes a significant contribution to what?
4. From where do most of the high-ranking Hessian officers come?
5. Between the troops, weapons, and supplies they need to get across the Delaware River prior to the attack, how far behind does traveling in the storm put the Americans?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)