|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hard Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While he hates war passionately, Paine believes it is the lesser of two evils, the worse being what?
(a) Having to live under French tyranny.
(b) Having to live under socialism.
(c) Having to live under British tyranny.
(d) Having to live under Hessian tyranny.
2. Believing the American rebellion is over, citizens of which city flee fearing the opposing forces are nearing?
3. What does the British militia instruct beyond a general attitude?
(a) Specific skills.
(b) How to swim.
(c) How to hunt and cook.
(d) Use of the telegraph.
4. How extensively do the Americans display their lack of training and discipline?
(a) In virtually all ways.
(b) In many ways.
(c) In a moderate number of ways.
(d) In few ways.
5. Although the Hessians prepare in every other way possible against an attack, what factor plays a crucial role in the events the author details in the chapter he calls "The Surprise?"
(a) The weather.
(b) The size of the American army.
(c) The speed of the attack.
(d) The time of the attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of the American Revolution, which force is equal to the British army?
2. In the first chapter, "The Rebels," the author foreshadows upcoming events by initially using what term?
3. What item of intelligence that the Hessians receive proves false in the battle Mr. Fischer details in "The Surprise?"
4. In what month of 1776 do the Americans lose the Battle of Long Island?
5. In the chapter entitled "The Crisis," the author notes people already use the title "his Excellency" when speaking to George Washington, but identifies what other term as having a very different tone to it?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)