|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hard Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the British opt not to hire the Hessian army to serve in the Colonies long before the American Revolution?
(a) They are not sufficiently skilled.
(b) They do not speak their language.
(c) They are too costly.
(d) They are not trustworthy.
2. After what battle has General William Howe essentially given up?
(a) Bunker Hill.
(b) Long Island.
3. Congress grants George Washington the power to rebuild his army in the fashion they do because they know what?
(a) He can not abuse the new powers given the restrictions.
(b) They have little alternative.
(c) They have to include restrictions given their limited finances.
(d) He will not abuse this new power.
4. When do the American troops prepare to cross the Delaware River and invade Trenton?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) St. Nicholas Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Christmas Day.
5. The first chapter, "The Rebels," foreshadows which battles?
(a) Every battle.
(b) The biggest.
(c) Merely sea battles.
(d) No battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Washington's Crossing" is a story about which war?
2. What do the people view Washington as being?
3. How many Hessian soldiers do the British hire?
4. According to the author in the chapter entitled "The Surprise," if the Americans lose this historical battle, it will signal the end of George Washington's career, if not what?
5. While officers of the Hessian army all have specific beliefs, by what are these men defined?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)