|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Occupation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does British military training compare with that of the American Revolutionaries?
(a) Fairly similar.
(c) Virtually the same.
(d) Significantly different.
2. When the Americans initially flee Long Island, what initially prevents their enemy from catching up?
(a) Low food supplies.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) Low munitions supplies.
(d) Lack of boats with shallow water access.
3. The summer illness that plagues those fighting the Americans in the latter half of the 1770s strikes which troops?
(a) British only.
(c) All opposed to the Americans.
(d) Hessian only.
4. On what single most urgent task does Thoma Paine attempt to concentrate the mind of the nation?
(a) Obtain a true democratic government, nationally.
(b) Achieve national unity, with determination.
(c) Quickly rebuilding its army.
(d) Attain a guerrilla combat victory, soon.
5. How does the American military system prove its superiority?
(a) It uses superior equipment.
(b) It has more extensive training.
(c) It is simple and flexible.
(d) It displays better order and discipline.
Short Answer Questions
1. An illness tears through the troops that fight against the Americans during the summer of what year in the latter half of the 1770s?
2. The British peg Richard Stockton as a signer of the Declaration of Independence, capture him, and then compel him to do what?
3. The author believes that, as the Americans mature as a cohesive unit, they will eventually see the benefits of what?
4. When does Thomas Paine decide to publish another pamphlet similar to Common Sense?
5. What does the British militia instruct beyond a general attitude?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)