|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Occupation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the British depart, Washington marches through what town with his troops and is hailed as a hero?
(d) New York.
2. Who is the best choice for Commander-in-Chief given his experience of command yet is young enough to take the field?
(a) Thomas Paine.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. What is a big issue facing the American rebels?
(a) Lack of enemy intelligence.
(b) Lack of dedication.
(c) Overload of ammunition supplies.
(d) Lack of courage.
4. What habits does General William Howe adopt after he recognizes the rebels' level of resistance?
(a) Carousing and gambling, indicating he cares little going forward.
(b) Demonstrating courage, conviction, and traits of a gentleman.
(c) Praying, reading his Bible, and baptizing fellow soldiers.
(d) Fighting harder, resisting longer, and refusing to yield.
5. The author's mentioning of Congress' taking steps toward a system of separate legislative and executive powers foreshadows what?
(a) The foundation of a republican form of American government.
(b) The foundation of checks and balances for the current government.
(c) The foundation of a democratic form of American government.
(d) The foreshadowing of voting rights regardless of sex or race.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their victory in New York, the British make plans to settle down for the winter. However, what distance factor works against them in a big way?
2. The opposing forces' problems are not directly due to the Americans, but from the failing strength of the British and Hessian forces reulting from what?
3. The Hessian system of discipline differs from that of the British in that the Hessians make greater use of what?
4. At the time of the American Revolution, which force is equal to the British army?
5. At what rate does the Hessian army expand?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)