|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Occupation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does British military training compare with that of the American Revolutionaries?
(b) Significantly different.
(c) Fairly similar.
(d) Virtually the same.
2. If a Hessian soldier misbehaves, who else suffers the same consequences?
(a) Fellow citizens of his home village or town.
(b) Fellow troops in his regiment.
(c) Fellow members in his family.
(d) Fellow troops in his squad.
3. In addition to size, intelligence, and energy, what additional criterion is considered when selecting the British light infantry?
(a) Expertise with knives and sabers.
(b) Marital status.
(c) Hand-to-hand fighting skills.
4. Following their confrontation in November, 1776, near the New Jersey shoreline on the Hudson River, where does General Cornwallis instruct his troops to follow the Americans?
(a) Down to Baltimore.
(b) Back to Philadelphia.
(c) Clear across the state.
(d) North to Boston.
5. The American troops are given how many days' advance notice to get supplies and weaponry together to create the element of surprise in their attack on Trenton?
Short Answer Questions
1. General Washington believes that only 20% of British forces are on Long Island and are ready for battle. In reality, what is this percentage?
2. While officers of the Hessian army all have specific beliefs, by what are these men defined?
3. While he hates war passionately, Paine believes it is the lesser of two evils, the worse being what?
4. Who does not allow the Hessians the rest they request?
5. Why do the British eventually hire the Hessian troops?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)