|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Occupation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hessian system of discipline differs from that of the British in that the Hessians make greater use of what?
(a) Royal legal system.
(b) Corporal punishment.
(c) Requiring extra drill practice.
(d) Uniform Code of Military Justice.
2. Washington is not everyone's first choice as Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army. Why is he selected?
(a) Northern delegates insist on a Pennsylvanian.
(b) Southern delegates insist on a Georgian.
(c) Southern delegates insist on a Virginian.
(d) Southern delegates insist on a North Carolinian.
3. When does the American Revolutionary War take place?
4. What do the British learn after mastering the skill of marching?
(b) Physical exercise.
(c) Hand-to-hand combat.
(d) Use of weapons.
5. Where does General William Howe become part of a strong demonstration intended to force the Colonists back to their proper allegiance?
(b) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "The Crisis," the author notes people already use the title "his Excellency" when speaking to George Washington, but identifies what other term as having a very different tone to it?
2. The first chapter, "The Rebels," foreshadows which battles?
3. At what location are the Americans just a few miles from where the British settle on the New Jersey side of the Hudson River?
4. At what rate does the Hessian army expand?
5. While he hates war passionately, Paine believes it is the lesser of two evils, the worse being what?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)