|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The summer illness that plagues those fighting the Americans in the latter half of the 1770s strikes which troops?
(a) Hessian only.
(b) British only.
(c) All opposed to the Americans.
2. In a way, General William Howe might be acknowledging what subsequent outcome of sthe Battle at Bunker Hill?
(a) The British will never concede.
(b) The British are already defeated.
(c) They will not lose with the support of the Hessians.
(d) Winning the battle means they will win the war.
3. An illness tears through the troops that fight against the Americans during the summer of what year in the latter half of the 1770s?
4. Through where do the British and Hessian troops continue to chase the rebels in pursuit of their goal?
(a) Southern New York.
(b) Eastern Pennsylvania.
(c) Western Connecticut.
(d) Southern New Jersey.
5. The first chapter, "The Rebels," foreshadows what events?
(a) The death of Washington prior to the end of the war.
(b) The struggles in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and the Carolinas.
(c) The death of Benjamin Franklin prior to the end of the war..
(d) The hardest struggles yet to come in the Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to size, intelligence, and energy, what additional criterion is considered when selecting the British light infantry?
2. Who is the best choice for Commander-in-Chief given his experience of command yet is young enough to take the field?
3. Why do the British eventually hire the Hessian troops?
4. At what location are the Americans just a few miles from where the British settle on the New Jersey side of the Hudson River?
5. Military training is important to the British as they feel it enforces what?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)