|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the British opt not to hire the Hessian army to serve in the Colonies long before the American Revolution?
(a) They are too costly.
(b) They are not sufficiently skilled.
(c) They are not trustworthy.
(d) They do not speak their language.
2. How many Hessian soldiers do the British hire?
(a) Several hundred.
(b) Tens of thousands.
(c) Several thousand.
(d) Hundreds of thousands.
3. In what month of 1776 do the Americans lose the Battle of Long Island?
(d) Early September.
4. The author believes that, as the Americans mature as a cohesive unit, they will eventually see the benefits of what?
(a) Order and religiou faith.
(b) Order and discipline.
(c) Spiritual faith and discipline.
(d) Intelligence and marching skills.
5. In 1776, the British start to get cocky in their attitude toward the rebellion and do not think that it will survive beyond what point?
(a) Fall, 1776.
(b) Winter, 1776.
(c) Spring, 1777.
(d) Summer, 1776.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the best choice for Commander-in-Chief given his experience of command yet is young enough to take the field?
2. What is the overall goal of the British in America?
3. How frequently does the leader of the Hessian army conduct drills?
4. How extensively do the Americans display their lack of training and discipline?
5. When does the American Revolutionary War take place?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)