|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rather than a retreat from New York, how does General Washington view the maneuver?
(a) As a "switch in fronts."
(b) As a "swing to the wing."
(c) As "resorting gear at the rear."
(d) As a "slide to the side."
2. At the time of the American Revolution, which force is equal to the British army?
(a) French army.
(b) Spanish army.
(c) They have no equal.
(d) Hessian army.
3. General Washington believes that only 20% of British forces are on Long Island and are ready for battle. In reality, what is this percentage?
4. How many Hessian soldiers do the British hire?
(a) Hundreds of thousands.
(b) Tens of thousands.
(c) Several hundred.
(d) Several thousand.
5. General William Howe feels he knows something else. What is it?
(a) Under sufficient pressure, the rebels will concede to the King's troops.
(b) The rebels will never see eye to eye with the King's troops.
(c) The rebels will join the King's troops in opposition to the Hessians.
(d) The rebels will be willing to negotiate with the King's troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a way, General William Howe might be acknowledging what subsequent outcome of sthe Battle at Bunker Hill?
2. The summer illness that plagues those fighting the Americans in the latter half of the 1770s strikes which troops?
3. What is the result of the strong demonstration in which General William Howe participates that is intended to force the Colonists back to their proper allegiance?
4. Military training is important to the British as they feel it enforces what?
5. What type of concept is the British light infantry?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)