|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hessians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what rate does the Hessian army expand?
(b) Somewhat quickly.
(d) Very rapidly.
2. From where do most of the high-ranking Hessian officers come?
(a) Hesse, a province in western Russia.
(b) The aristocracy.
(c) Sandhurst Royal Military Academy.
(d) The middle-class.
3. Military training is important to the British as they feel it enforces what?
(a) Use of equipment.
(b) Understanding of bugle calls.
(c) Adoption of skills.
(d) Troop obedience.
4. How does British military training compare with that of the American Revolutionaries?
(a) Significantly different.
(c) Virtually the same.
(d) Fairly similar.
5. After the British depart, Washington marches through what town with his troops and is hailed as a hero?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor plays a significant role in British military training?
2. The Hessian system of discipline differs from that of the British in that the Hessians make greater use of what?
3. "Washington's Crossing" is a story about which war?
4. In addition to size, intelligence, and energy, what additional criterion is considered when selecting the British light infantry?
5. Washington is not everyone's first choice as Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army. Why is he selected?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)