|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hessians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Washington's Crossing" details each battle fought from Brooklyn, Long Island, Manhattan, Fort Lee, Trenton, and ultimately where?
2. Who expands the Hessian army?
(a) Johann Gottlieb II.
(b) Friedrich Wilhelm II.
(c) Wilhelm Karl Friedrich II.
(d) Andreas von Wiederholdt II.
3. In the first chapter, "The Rebels," the author foreshadows upcoming events by initially using what term?
(a) His Excellency.
(b) The Boss.
(c) His Highness.
(d) The Admiral.
4. The first chapter, "The Rebels," foreshadows which battles?
(a) Merely sea battles.
(b) Every battle.
(c) The biggest.
(d) No battles.
5. Who is the best choice for Commander-in-Chief given his experience of command yet is young enough to take the field?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Thomas Paine.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) George Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hessian system of discipline differs from that of the British in that the Hessians make greater use of what?
2. What does the British militia instruct beyond a general attitude?
3. The Hessian army is comprised of what type of soldiers?
4. The first chapter, "The Rebels," foreshadows what events?
5. How does British military training compare with that of the American Revolutionaries?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)