|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hessians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what rate does the Hessian army expand?
(b) Somewhat quickly.
(c) Very rapidly.
2. What factor plays a significant role in British military training?
(a) A significant number with criminal pasts.
(b) Purchasing rank levels.
(c) Allowance of wine at meals.
3. What do the people view Washington as being?
(a) A true leader.
(b) Strictly a politician.
(c) Best suited to plantation management.
(d) A poor military leader.
4. How many Hessian soldiers do the British hire?
(a) Several hundred.
(b) Tens of thousands.
(c) Several thousand.
(d) Hundreds of thousands.
5. What are the first British battalions to land?
(a) Light infantry, then heavy artillery.
(b) Light infantry, then grenadiers.
(c) Cavalry, then light infantry.
(d) Grenadiers, then light infantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the best choice for Commander-in-Chief given his experience of command yet is young enough to take the field?
2. The Hessian system of discipline differs from that of the British in that the Hessians make greater use of what?
3. While officers of the Hessian army all have specific beliefs, by what are these men defined?
4. The first chapter, "The Rebels," foreshadows what events?
5. How frequently does the leader of the Hessian army conduct drills?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)