|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of New York.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Admiral Lord Richard and General William Howe are stationed in the Colonies by whose orders?
(a) The British King.
(b) The British Secretary of War.
(c) The British House of Commons.
(d) The British Parliment.
2. General William Howe feels he knows something else. What is it?
(a) The rebels will never see eye to eye with the King's troops.
(b) The rebels will be willing to negotiate with the King's troops.
(c) The rebels will join the King's troops in opposition to the Hessians.
(d) Under sufficient pressure, the rebels will concede to the King's troops.
3. What factor plays a significant role in British military training?
(a) A significant number with criminal pasts.
(b) Allowance of wine at meals.
(c) Purchasing rank levels.
4. General Washington believes that only 20% of British forces are on Long Island and are ready for battle. In reality, what is this percentage?
5. In addition to size, intelligence, and energy, what additional criterion is considered when selecting the British light infantry?
(a) Expertise with knives and sabers.
(b) Hand-to-hand fighting skills.
(d) Marital status.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of the American Revolution, which force is equal to the British army?
2. What habits does General William Howe adopt after he recognizes the rebels' level of resistance?
3. From where do most of the high-ranking Hessian officers come?
4. An illness tears through the troops that fight against the Americans during the summer of what year in the latter half of the 1770s?
5. Although the Colonists do not win this episode, after what incident does General William Howe come to believe the British will lose the war?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)