|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of New York.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How extensively do the Americans display their lack of training and discipline?
(a) In a moderate number of ways.
(b) In many ways.
(c) In few ways.
(d) In virtually all ways.
2. What do the people view Washington as being?
(a) A true leader.
(b) A poor military leader.
(c) Best suited to plantation management.
(d) Strictly a politician.
3. At the time of the American Revolution, which force is equal to the British army?
(a) They have no equal.
(b) Spanish army.
(c) French army.
(d) Hessian army.
4. Until the point in "Washington's Crossing" where the Americans cross the river and make a surprise attack, they suffer what types of defeat?
(a) Many crushing.
(b) Few serious.
(c) Some moderate.
(d) Only one light.
5. In the first chapter, "The Rebels," the author foreshadows upcoming events by initially using what term?
(a) His Excellency.
(b) His Highness.
(c) The Admiral.
(d) The Boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. How certain is General William Howe about how successful the British army will be in opposition to the American rebels?
2. "Washington's Crossing" concerns what river?
3. "Washington's Crossing" is a story about which war?
4. How many Hessian soldiers do the British hire?
5. As the British convene, at what pace does their training continue?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)