|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of New York.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The summer illness that plagues those fighting the Americans in the latter half of the 1770s strikes which troops?
(a) Hessian only.
(c) All opposed to the Americans.
(d) British only.
2. Who is the best choice for Commander-in-Chief given his experience of command yet is young enough to take the field?
(a) Thomas Paine.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. Until the point in "Washington's Crossing" where the Americans cross the river and make a surprise attack, they suffer what types of defeat?
(a) Few serious.
(b) Many crushing.
(c) Some moderate.
(d) Only one light.
4. Initially, General Washington and his remaining troops flee Long Island to what location?
(a) The Bronx.
(d) Staten Island.
5. What is a big issue facing the American rebels?
(a) Lack of dedication.
(b) Overload of ammunition supplies.
(c) Lack of enemy intelligence.
(d) Lack of courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first chapter, "The Rebels," the author foreshadows upcoming events by initially using what term?
2. Where does General William Howe become part of a strong demonstration intended to force the Colonists back to their proper allegiance?
3. After what battle has General William Howe essentially given up?
4. In what month of 1776 do the Americans lose the Battle of Long Island?
5. What is the result of the strong demonstration in which General William Howe participates that is intended to force the Colonists back to their proper allegiance?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)