|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of New York.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a big issue facing the American rebels?
(a) Lack of enemy intelligence.
(b) Overload of ammunition supplies.
(c) Lack of dedication.
(d) Lack of courage.
2. While officers of the Hessian army all have specific beliefs, by what are these men defined?
(a) Courage and wealth.
(b) Honor and aristocracy.
(c) Aristocracy and wealth.
(d) Courage and honor.
3. In addition to size, intelligence, and energy, what additional criterion is considered when selecting the British light infantry?
(a) Expertise with knives and sabers.
(b) Marital status.
(c) Hand-to-hand fighting skills.
4. What are the first British battalions to land?
(a) Light infantry, then grenadiers.
(b) Cavalry, then light infantry.
(c) Grenadiers, then light infantry.
(d) Light infantry, then heavy artillery.
5. Where does the Americans' intelligence methodology work better than it had in New York?
(b) Harpers Ferry.
(d) Hudson River Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what battle has General William Howe essentially given up?
2. When does the American Revolutionary War take place?
3. "Washington's Crossing" concerns what river?
4. Although the Colonists do not win this episode, after what incident does General William Howe come to believe the British will lose the war?
5. How certain is General William Howe about how successful the British army will be in opposition to the American rebels?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)