|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the British intend to do following their confrontation with the Americans on the New Jersey shoreline of the Hudson River?
(a) Engage the Americans in battle and defeat them.
(b) Compel the Americans into surrendering.
(c) Force an American retreat without engaging them in battle.
(d) Defeat the Americans in battle with minimal casualties on either side.
2. At one point, what is it that haunts General William Howe about the Battle at Bunker Hill, which is eventually won by the British?
(a) The endless supply of rebel weapons and munitions.
(b) How few officers die.
(c) The amount of bloodshed.
(d) The comparable military skills of the rebels.
3. The British military is very organized and feels training makes a significant contribution to what?
(a) Morse Code.
(b) Preservation of order.
(c) Scholastic apptitude.
(d) Flag signaling.
4. How does British military training compare with that of the American Revolutionaries?
(a) Virtually the same.
(b) Significantly different.
(d) Fairly similar.
5. At the time of the American Revolution, which force is equal to the British army?
(a) French army.
(b) Spanish army.
(c) Hessian army.
(d) They have no equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the storm that breaks out on the day of the battle on which this book centers?
2. What factor plays a significant role in British military training?
3. The Hessian troops are exhausted and want to move where to fully rest themselves?
4. After what battle has General William Howe essentially given up?
5. What happens in December, 1776, that changes the course of the war?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)