|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Washington slip away to while on his way to survey the battles taking place in the South?
2. What did Washington do in an attempt to preserve his image for prosperity?
3. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
4. In the Spring of 1780, Cornwallis and Clinton took a flotilla to ______________________.
5. In late 1786, Washington learned that he would represent _________________ at a convention.
Essay Topic 1
Explain the impact that Washington's childhood had on him as an adult. What did it mean to be the son of a prominent man in 18th century Virginia? What impact did his father's death have on Washington? What stigmas did Washington live with for his entire life?
Essay Topic 2
During the Revolutionary War period, Thomas Paine wrote that "These are the times that try men's souls." Explain how the times tried the soul of George Washington. What brought him to the depths of despair? What motivated him? What role did he think he had in bringing the American citizens through such desperate times? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
According to the author, even before Washington was a player on the national and international stages, he was known to be a man of unquestionable integrity. Cite some examples in Washington's life that prove this statement. What is Chernow's overall perception of Washington's character?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)