|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of which states continued to support the British during the Revolutionary War?
2. Which country enacted the Townshend Acts which placed duties on more goods sold to American colonists?
3. What was the outcome of the resolutions presented to the Fairfax County committee?
4. When Washington married Martha, the slave population at Mount Vernon ____________________.
5. What was Washington's demeanor during the time his portrait was painted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Washington's pattern of wins and defeats in the early stages of the war?
2. Why was the Revolutionary War important for Washington?
3. Who were George Washington's parents and how many siblings did he have?
4. What difficult issues did Washington face regarding his stepchildren during this period?
5. How did Washington become leader of the Continental Army and what were his immediate challenges?
6. How did the lack of a formal education impact Washington's feelings about himself throughout his life?
7. Explain why Washington's plan to cross the Delaware River was a successful military maneuver.
8. What did Washington get involved with as a member of the House of Burgesses during this period of time?
9. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
10. Which woman did Washington choose to marry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Alexander Hamilton. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
Which role did Washington feel was his most important during his life? Which role was most gratifying to Washington in his life? Is there something Washington would have liked to do but never had the chance?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Thomas Jefferson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)