|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was George Washington when his father died?
2. Which country enacted the Townshend Acts which placed duties on more goods sold to American colonists?
3. Who was George Washington's mother?
4. How many British ships arrived in the East River while Washington's men were positioned in Harlem?
5. Who was the woman Washington held a mildly flirtatious relationship with for many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which two women were important in Washington's personal life as a young adult?
2. Why was Jacky Custis not motivated to get a formal education?
3. What challenges did Washington face with Congress and even some of his own generals?
4. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
5. Explain why Washington's plan to cross the Delaware River was a successful military maneuver.
6. What financial responsibility did Washington have for his stepchildren for the rest of his life?
7. What were the circumstances in which Washington inherited Mount Vernon?
8. What was Washington's childhood like and why was he not able to get a formal education?
9. How did the lack of a formal education impact Washington's feelings about himself throughout his life?
10. What was Washington's fascination with women throughout his life
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of George Washington. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Thomas Jefferson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
WASHINGTON: A LIFE is a classic biography. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)