|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington quickly became aware of the difficulty of _____________________________.
2. In 1754, Washington led his troops into which region to fight the French?
3. Which country enacted the Townshend Acts which placed duties on more goods sold to American colonists?
4. Washington's seat in the House of Burgesses gained him __________________________.
5. Another decisive defeat of Washington's men by the British took place on Chatterton's Hill as both armies moved to dominate the ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Washington's pattern of wins and defeats in the early stages of the war?
2. Explain why Washington's plan to cross the Delaware River was a successful military maneuver.
3. How did destiny play a part in Washington's decision to join the army instead of the navy?
4. What was Washington's fascination with women throughout his life
5. What caused Washington to ultimately support a boycott of British goods?
6. Who were George Washington's parents and how many siblings did he have?
7. Why did Washington find himself deeply in debt because of the reliance on imported British goods?
8. How did Washington's difficult life with his mother impact his early life?
9. What happened to raise morale among Washington's troops as they struggled to hold New York?
10. How did Washington become leader of the Continental Army and what were his immediate challenges?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Washington's stance on slavery and why he was so hesitant to free his own slaves.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting and time period for Washington's childhood What was America like during this time period? What was the American South like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Washington, his family and friends?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)