|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington lost most of his support in Congress with the loss of which city?
2. Which fort was Washington forced to watch the British decimate, forcing his troops to surrender?
3. Which river did Washington and his men cross during the night for a surprise attack on a Hessian garrison in Trenton?
4. Washington was born to a family of men who ____________________.
5. Washington met with ____________________ who presented him with resolutions to be presented to the Fairfax County committee.
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances in which Washington inherited Mount Vernon?
2. Which woman did Washington choose to marry?
3. Why did some people not support Washington's attempts to defend them and secure independence for them?
4. What was Washington's fascination with women throughout his life
5. How did Washington's difficult life with his mother impact his early life?
6. What caused Washington to ultimately support a boycott of British goods?
7. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
8. Explain why Washington's plan to cross the Delaware River was a successful military maneuver.
9. How did Washington become leader of the Continental Army and what were his immediate challenges?
10. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Thomas Jefferson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting and time period for Washington's childhood What was America like during this time period? What was the American South like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Washington, his family and friends?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of George Washington. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)