|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of which states continued to support the British during the Revolutionary War?
2. Washington met with ____________________ who presented him with resolutions to be presented to the Fairfax County committee.
3. In 1774, Washington was one of several Virginia delegates to attend the first ________________________.
4. Washington's stepdaughter, Patsy, died from a bout of _________________.
5. Washington quickly became aware of the difficulty of _____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
2. Explain why Washington's plan to cross the Delaware River was a successful military maneuver.
3. What happened to raise morale among Washington's troops as they struggled to hold New York?
4. What was Washington's childhood like and why was he not able to get a formal education?
5. How did Washington become leader of the Continental Army and what were his immediate challenges?
6. How did Washington's difficult life with his mother impact his early life?
7. Why was Jacky Custis not motivated to get a formal education?
8. Why did some people not support Washington's attempts to defend them and secure independence for them?
9. What purpose did Washington hope that Mount Vernon would serve regarding the perception people had of him?
10. What difficult issues did Washington face regarding his stepchildren during this period?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which role did Washington feel was his most important during his life? Which role was most gratifying to Washington in his life? Is there something Washington would have liked to do but never had the chance?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the impact that Washington's childhood had on him as an adult. What did it mean to be the son of a prominent man in 18th century Virginia? What impact did his father's death have on Washington? What stigmas did Washington live with for his entire life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Alexander Hamilton. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)