|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many resolutions were presented in #46?
2. What was the greatest impact on Washington's life regarding his father's death?
3. Which general asked Washington to be his aide-de-camp because of Washington's frontier experience?
4. What does Ron Chernow base this book on George Washington?
5. In which New Jersey city did Washington and his men spend the winter of 1777?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances in which Washington inherited Mount Vernon?
2. Why did some people not support Washington's attempts to defend them and secure independence for them?
3. What was Washington's childhood like and why was he not able to get a formal education?
4. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
5. Who were George Washington's parents and how many siblings did he have?
6. What purpose did Washington hope that Mount Vernon would serve regarding the perception people had of him?
7. What did Washington get involved with as a member of the House of Burgesses during this period of time?
8. How did the lack of a formal education impact Washington's feelings about himself throughout his life?
9. What was the mixed blessing of Washington's marriage to Martha regarding finances?
10. What caused Washington to ultimately support a boycott of British goods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of John Adams. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
WASHINGTON: A LIFE is a classic biography. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of George Washington. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)