|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington met with ____________________ who presented him with resolutions to be presented to the Fairfax County committee.
2. Why was Washington envious of Jacky Custis?
3. On the night of September 14-15, five British ships dropped anchor in ___________________, demolishing American defenses.
4. How many resolutions were presented in #46?
5. How many children did Washington's father have with his first wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
2. How did the lack of a formal education impact Washington's feelings about himself throughout his life?
3. What caused Washington to ultimately support a boycott of British goods?
4. Which two women were important in Washington's personal life as a young adult?
5. Explain why Washington's plan to cross the Delaware River was a successful military maneuver.
6. How did destiny play a part in Washington's decision to join the army instead of the navy?
7. What purpose did Washington hope that Mount Vernon would serve regarding the perception people had of him?
8. Who were George Washington's parents and how many siblings did he have?
9. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
10. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Washington's stance on slavery and why he was so hesitant to free his own slaves.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting and time period for Washington's childhood What was America like during this time period? What was the American South like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Washington, his family and friends?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of John Adams. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)