Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1754, Washington led his troops into which region to fight the French?
2. Why would Washington feel inadequate around people all his life?
3. Which office did Washington run for and win?
4. How many children did Washington and Martha have of their own?
5. Who was the artist who painted Washington's portrait that appears on American currency?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Washington so disgruntled with some of the people he and his soldiers were fighting for?
2. Why did some people not support Washington's attempts to defend them and secure independence for them?
3. What did Washington do to improve his finances when he was struggling with his financial situation?
4. How did Washington's actions regarding his slaves not belie his true feelings?
5. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
6. What was Washington's pattern of wins and defeats in the early stages of the war?
7. Although they remained friends after the war, what point did Washington and Lafayette disagree on?
8. What were some of the hardships Washington's men suffered at Valley Forge in the Winter of 1777?
9. What was the irony of Washington's financial status at the time he was to be inaugurated?
10. What was the mixed blessing of Washington's marriage to Martha regarding finances?
Create a brief character study of Alexander Hamilton. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
Explain Washington's stance on slavery and why he was so hesitant to free his own slaves.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)