|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what state did Washington march his troops after the losses in New York?
2. Who was Washington's eldest half-brother with whom he spent a lot of time after his father's death?
3. After the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses for the second time, Washington and several other men met secretly and agreed to ______________________.
4. Washington's stepdaughter, Patsy, died from a bout of _________________.
5. What was the name of Washington's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the lack of a formal education impact Washington's feelings about himself throughout his life?
2. How did destiny play a part in Washington's decision to join the army instead of the navy?
3. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
4. What did Washington get involved with as a member of the House of Burgesses during this period of time?
5. What financial responsibility did Washington have for his stepchildren for the rest of his life?
6. What challenges did Washington face with Congress and even some of his own generals?
7. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
8. Why was the Revolutionary War important for Washington?
9. What happened to raise morale among Washington's troops as they struggled to hold New York?
10. What was Washington's fascination with women throughout his life
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of women in rural Virginia in the mid-18th century. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? What belief system about Southern women was evident in Martha Washington? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of John Adams. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Thomas Jefferson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)