|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington felt he needed to live by a certain standard that gave off the impression of _____________________.
(d) Great wealth.
2. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
3. Which battle would lead to the surrender of the British army?
(a) The Battle of Bunker Hill.
(b) The Battle of Richmond.
(c) The Battle of Saratoga.
(d) The Battle of Yorktown.
4. Washington found himself in the middle of a controversy as the president of the _______________________ when it came out that membership included a hereditary clause.
(a) Republican party.
(b) Society of Cincinnati.
(d) Knights of Columbus.
5. Jefferson and Madison created a party known as the ______________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what margin did Washington win the presidency of the new country?
2. Which of the following did Washington's men NOT lack at Valley Forge?
3. In the period following the Revolutionary War, there began a string of rebellions in which state?
4. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
5. A short time after the Battle of Monmouth, the _________________ reinforcements arrived to assist Washington.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Washington do to improve his finances when he was struggling with his financial situation?
2. What was the irony of Washington's financial status at the time he was to be inaugurated?
3. What impression about himself was Washington very careful about preserving?
4. What did General Charles Lee do that put Washington's men into the heat of battle and for which Lee later faced a court martial?
5. When did Washington leave the office of President and return to Mount Vernon as a private citizen?
6. What were the circumstances in which Washington was elected president?
7. What was the condition of Mount Vernon upon Washington's return from war?
8. What were some things that Washington did that made people think he was trying to establish a monarchy in America?
9. What image of himself did Washington still harbor which involved the perception of prosperity at Mount Vernon?
10. Although they remained friends after the war, what point did Washington and Lafayette disagree on?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)