|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
2. Alexander Hamilton delivered the Report on Public Credit that included his assertion that the federal government should take on the states' debts ________________________.
(a) To build universities.
(b) Left over from the Stamp Act.
(c) Incurred by the war.
(d) For road construction.
3. Valley Forge is located in which state?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
4. In the period following the Revolutionary War, there began a string of rebellions in which state?
(d) New York.
5. In the Spring of 1780, Cornwallis and Clinton took a flotilla to ______________________.
(a) New York.
(b) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1790, the Residence Act was passed, making _____________________ the temporary capital of the country.
2. What did Washington put efforts toward preserving after the war?
3. Within a few months of taking office, Washington became ill with a tumor ________________ that had to be excised by a surgeon.
4. Who was the commander of West Point in the Fall of 1780?
5. Washington felt he needed to live by a certain standard that gave off the impression of _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the irony of Washington's financial status at the time he was to be inaugurated?
2. What were some of the hardships Washington's men suffered at Valley Forge in the Winter of 1777?
3. What did Washington do to improve his finances when he was struggling with his financial situation?
4. Why was Washington so disgruntled with some of the people he and his soldiers were fighting for?
5. What impression about himself was Washington very careful about preserving?
6. What treachery among his own men did Washington face?
7. What traditions did Washington create as new President and why were they important to him?
8. What did General Charles Lee do that put Washington's men into the heat of battle and for which Lee later faced a court martial?
9. Although they remained friends after the war, what point did Washington and Lafayette disagree on?
10. What personal health and family trauma affected Washington soon after he took office?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)