|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
2. The overwhelming problem Washington had to deal with in the Summer of 1794 was a rebellion in Virginia and Pennsylvania against ____________________.
(a) The income tax.
(b) Civil rights.
(c) The whiskey tax.
(d) Women's rights.
3. Who was the commander of West Point in the Fall of 1780?
(a) Patrick Henry.
(b) Benedict Arnold.
(c) Paul Revere.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
4. Washington and his army spent the Winter of ________________ in Valley Forge.
5. General William Howe was replaced by whom after word of the French treat with the Americans?
(a) General Henry Clinton.
(b) General William Burgoyne.
(c) General James Lattimore.
(d) General Henry Fairfax.
Short Answer Questions
1. A short time after the Battle of Monmouth, the _________________ reinforcements arrived to assist Washington.
2. In the Spring of 1780, Cornwallis and Clinton took a flotilla to ______________________.
3. Which foreign dignitary did Washington remain friends with after the war?
4. What did Washington do in an attempt to preserve his image for prosperity?
5. Who helped Washington write his farewell address which was run in several newspapers in 1796?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Washington so disgruntled with some of the people he and his soldiers were fighting for?
2. What traditions did Washington create as new President and why were they important to him?
3. What personal health and family trauma affected Washington soon after he took office?
4. What was the irony of Washington's financial status at the time he was to be inaugurated?
5. What were some things that Washington did that made people think he was trying to establish a monarchy in America?
6. What image of himself did Washington still harbor which involved the perception of prosperity at Mount Vernon?
7. How did Washington manage through his discomfort of having to associate with strangers as President?
8. When did Washington leave the office of President and return to Mount Vernon as a private citizen?
9. Why was the Winter of 1779 similar to the one spent at Valley Forge for Washington and his men?
10. What treachery among his own men did Washington face?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)