|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington felt he needed to live by a certain standard that gave off the impression of _____________________.
(b) Great wealth.
2. What is a flotilla?
(a) A weapons wagon.
(b) A unit of men.
(c) A formation of small warships.
(d) A cannon.
3. Who was the commander of West Point in the Fall of 1780?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Benedict Arnold.
(c) Patrick Henry.
(d) Paul Revere.
4. Who did Washington appoint as Chief Justice to the Supreme Court?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Henry Clay.
(c) James Calvert.
(d) John Jay.
5. Which of the following was NOT among Washington's strongest supporters at one time, but who now wrote negative essays about him which were published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a point of contention between Washington and a foreign dignitary who remained his friend?
2. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
3. Washington proved himself to be a strong leader despite the ___________________ of those surrounding him.
4. Which of the following was NOT an issue Washington tended to during most of 1782?
5. Washington was always conscious of the __________________ he would leave for future generations.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)