|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many attempts did it take Washington to imprison Benedict Arnold?
(a) He never did.
2. Who helped Washington write his farewell address which was run in several newspapers in 1796?
3. Who was a French ambassador to the United States during the French Revolution?
(a) Edmond-Charles Genet.
(b) Charles Phillipe Brun.
(c) Jacques Laurent David.
(d) Francois Bernard Dupont.
4. Which family member of his died while Washington was ill from the tumor?
(a) His stepson.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His half-brother.
(d) His mother.
5. Which of the following was NOT among Washington's strongest supporters at one time, but who now wrote negative essays about him which were published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the convention in #129?
2. How many years did Washington spend as President of the United States?
3. What was the name of the organization formed to support soldiers and their families after the war?
4. General William Howe was replaced by whom after word of the French treat with the Americans?
5. Who did Washington appoint as Chief Justice to the Supreme Court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the condition of Mount Vernon upon Washington's return from war?
2. Which important battle would lead to the surrender of the British Army?
3. What impression about himself was Washington very careful about preserving?
4. In addition to preserving his war papers, what else did Washington do to preserve his image for future generations?
5. How did Washington manage through his discomfort of having to associate with strangers as President?
6. What personal health and family trauma affected Washington soon after he took office?
7. What was the irony of Washington's financial status at the time he was to be inaugurated?
8. What was the Society of the Cincinnati?
9. What did Benedict Arnold do that was a betrayal to the new country?
10. What did Washington do after he took the oath of office as president?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)