|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington struggled all his life with ________________ problems.
2. What did Washington put efforts toward preserving after the war?
(a) His uniforms.
(b) His friendships.
(c) His weapons.
(d) His war papers.
3. What was the name of the treaty John Jay reached with the British that angered the American people?
(a) The Nottingham Treaty.
(b) The Fairfax Treaty.
(c) The Jay Treaty.
(d) The Westmoreland Treaty.
4. What did Washington do in an attempt to preserve his image for prosperity?
(a) Sketched some self portraits.
(b) Sat for several portraits.
(c) Sat for life masks.
(d) Had people draw caricatures.
5. What did Washington look forward to doing after the war?
(a) Meeting the King of France.
(b) Traveling to Africa.
(c) Becoming a private citizen.
(d) Running for President.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
2. Washington had to borrow _________________ to attend his own inauguration as First President of the United States.
3. Where did Washington slip away to while on his way to survey the battles taking place in the South?
4. What role did Washington accept at the convention in #129?
5. Who did Washington appoint as his Secretary of the Treasury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What treachery among his own men did Washington face?
2. What was the Society of the Cincinnati?
3. Why was Washington so disgruntled with some of the people he and his soldiers were fighting for?
4. What did Benedict Arnold do that was a betrayal to the new country?
5. What were the circumstances in which Washington was elected president?
6. Which important battle would lead to the surrender of the British Army?
7. What was the condition of Mount Vernon upon Washington's return from war?
8. What did Washington do to improve his finances when he was struggling with his financial situation?
9. What did General Charles Lee do that put Washington's men into the heat of battle and for which Lee later faced a court martial?
10. What were some things that Washington did that made people think he was trying to establish a monarchy in America?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)