|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rebellions in the state in #127 made it clear that the _______________________ needed to be written.
(a) Articles of the Confederation.
(b) Declaration of Independence.
(c) First Amendment.
(d) Stamp Act provisions.
2. In the period following the Revolutionary War, there began a string of rebellions in which state?
(c) New York.
3. Washington had to borrow _________________ to attend his own inauguration as First President of the United States.
(a) A suit.
(b) A carriage.
(d) A sword.
4. What did Washington attend before leaving Philadelphia for retirement?
(a) The launch of the U.S.S. Washington.
(b) The State of the Union address.
(c) The opening of the White House.
(d) Adams' inauguration.
5. What was the name of the treaty John Jay reached with the British that angered the American people?
(a) The Fairfax Treaty.
(b) The Jay Treaty.
(c) The Westmoreland Treaty.
(d) The Nottingham Treaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT an issue Washington tended to during most of 1782?
2. What was the name of the organization formed to support soldiers and their families after the war?
3. What did Washington look forward to doing after the war?
4. How many attempts did it take Washington to imprison Benedict Arnold?
5. Who did Washington appoint as his Secretary of State?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some things that Washington did that made people think he was trying to establish a monarchy in America?
2. What traditions did Washington create as new President and why were they important to him?
3. Why was Washington so disgruntled with some of the people he and his soldiers were fighting for?
4. What treachery among his own men did Washington face?
5. What impression about himself was Washington very careful about preserving?
6. When did Washington leave the office of President and return to Mount Vernon as a private citizen?
7. What image of himself did Washington still harbor which involved the perception of prosperity at Mount Vernon?
8. What was the condition of Mount Vernon upon Washington's return from war?
9. What personal health and family trauma affected Washington soon after he took office?
10. Why was the Winter of 1779 similar to the one spent at Valley Forge for Washington and his men?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)