|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
(b) Sense of self.
(c) War stories.
2. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
3. Why did many townspeople where Washington's army camped refuse to give the soldiers food and clothing?
(a) They had none to spare.
(b) They were afraid the British would hang them.
(c) They could sell to the British and make a profit.
(d) They didn't know they were needed.
4. Washington found himself __________________ by the poor attitude of the very people he and his soldiers were fighting for.
5. The rebellions in the state in #127 made it clear that the _______________________ needed to be written.
(a) Stamp Act provisions.
(b) Declaration of Independence.
(c) Articles of the Confederation.
(d) First Amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington found himself in the middle of a controversy as the president of the _______________________ when it came out that membership included a hereditary clause.
2. By what margin did Washington win the presidency of the new country?
3. What was the name of the treaty John Jay reached with the British that angered the American people?
4. Who did Washington appoint as Chief Justice to the Supreme Court?
5. Within a few months of taking office, Washington became ill with a tumor ________________ that had to be excised by a surgeon.
Short Essay Questions
1. Although they remained friends after the war, what point did Washington and Lafayette disagree on?
2. What was the condition of Mount Vernon upon Washington's return from war?
3. What traditions did Washington create as new President and why were they important to him?
4. In addition to preserving his war papers, what else did Washington do to preserve his image for future generations?
5. What did Washington do to improve his finances when he was struggling with his financial situation?
6. How did Washington manage through his discomfort of having to associate with strangers as President?
7. What were the circumstances in which Washington was elected president?
8. What was the irony of Washington's financial status at the time he was to be inaugurated?
9. How did Washington's actions regarding his slaves not belie his true feelings?
10. What impression about himself was Washington very careful about preserving?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)