|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A group of men in Washington's army mutinied and killed their officers because ________________________.
(a) They were forced to march during a blizzard.
(b) They were forced to march twenty miles a day.
(c) They didn't have pay, food or clothing.
(d) They were forced to stand guard for double shifts.
2. In the Spring of 1780, Cornwallis and Clinton took a flotilla to ______________________.
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
3. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
(a) War stories.
(c) Sense of self.
4. What part of the country was chosen as the permanent area for the capital?
(a) The Ohio River region.
(b) The Potomac River region.
(c) The Brandywine Valley.
(d) Long Island.
5. Washington learned that Benedict Arnold had been conspiring with the British to capture ____________________.
(a) West Point.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the convention in #129?
2. Washington was always conscious of the __________________ he would leave for future generations.
3. Which of the following was NOT among Washington's strongest supporters at one time, but who now wrote negative essays about him which were published?
4. Who did Washington appoint as Chief Justice to the Supreme Court?
5. The overwhelming problem Washington had to deal with in the Summer of 1794 was a rebellion in Virginia and Pennsylvania against ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances in which Washington was elected president?
2. What traditions did Washington create as new President and why were they important to him?
3. What image of himself did Washington still harbor which involved the perception of prosperity at Mount Vernon?
4. What did Benedict Arnold do that was a betrayal to the new country?
5. For what reason did Washington have to distance himself from the Society of Cincinnati?
6. What did Washington do after he took the oath of office as president?
7. What was the Society of the Cincinnati?
8. How did Washington manage through his discomfort of having to associate with strangers as President?
9. What impression about himself was Washington very careful about preserving?
10. What personal health and family trauma affected Washington soon after he took office?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)