|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The overwhelming problem Washington had to deal with in the Summer of 1794 was a rebellion in Virginia and Pennsylvania against ____________________.
(a) Civil rights.
(b) The whiskey tax.
(c) The income tax.
(d) Women's rights.
2. How many years did Washington spend as President of the United States?
3. In 1790, the Residence Act was passed, making _____________________ the temporary capital of the country.
(d) New York.
4. Washington and his army spent the Winter of ________________ in Valley Forge.
5. Jefferson and Madison created a party known as the ______________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
2. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
3. Who was a French ambassador to the United States during the French Revolution?
4. What part of the country was chosen as the permanent area for the capital?
5. In the Spring of 1780, Cornwallis and Clinton took a flotilla to ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What image of himself did Washington still harbor which involved the perception of prosperity at Mount Vernon?
2. What were the circumstances in which Washington was elected president?
3. Although they remained friends after the war, what point did Washington and Lafayette disagree on?
4. What was the condition of Mount Vernon upon Washington's return from war?
5. In addition to preserving his war papers, what else did Washington do to preserve his image for future generations?
6. What did Benedict Arnold do that was a betrayal to the new country?
7. What traditions did Washington create as new President and why were they important to him?
8. What was the irony of Washington's financial status at the time he was to be inaugurated?
9. What did Washington do after he took the oath of office as president?
10. Which important battle would lead to the surrender of the British Army?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)