|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Washington serve as the president of the new country?
(a) New York.
2. How many attempts did it take Washington to imprison Benedict Arnold?
(c) He never did.
3. Which battle would lead to the surrender of the British army?
(a) The Battle of Yorktown.
(b) The Battle of Bunker Hill.
(c) The Battle of Saratoga.
(d) The Battle of Richmond.
4. Jefferson and Madison created a party known as the ______________________.
5. In what city was the convention in #129 held?
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Washington appoint as his Secretary of State?
2. What did Washington do in an attempt to preserve his image for prosperity?
3. Washington was always conscious of the __________________ he would leave for future generations.
4. Within a few months of taking office, Washington became ill with a tumor ________________ that had to be excised by a surgeon.
5. Which of the Founding Fathers achieved a pair of treaties with France, boosting morale at Valley Forge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Washington manage through his discomfort of having to associate with strangers as President?
2. What impression about himself was Washington very careful about preserving?
3. Why was the Winter of 1779 similar to the one spent at Valley Forge for Washington and his men?
4. Although they remained friends after the war, what point did Washington and Lafayette disagree on?
5. What were some of the hardships Washington's men suffered at Valley Forge in the Winter of 1777?
6. What did Benedict Arnold do that was a betrayal to the new country?
7. What was the condition of Mount Vernon upon Washington's return from war?
8. What were the circumstances in which Washington was elected president?
9. What was the irony of Washington's financial status at the time he was to be inaugurated?
10. Why was Washington so disgruntled with some of the people he and his soldiers were fighting for?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)