|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington was always conscious of the __________________ he would leave for future generations.
2. In the Spring of 1780, Cornwallis and Clinton took a flotilla to ______________________.
(b) New York.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
3. Washington had to borrow _________________ to attend his own inauguration as First President of the United States.
(a) A sword.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A suit.
4. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
(c) Sense of self.
(d) War stories.
5. Which of the following was NOT an issue Washington tended to during most of 1782?
(a) Approving war monuments.
(b) The fate of British prisoners.
(c) Receiving accolades for his war service.
(d) Getting pay for soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Washington write his farewell address which was run in several newspapers in 1796?
2. Which foreign dignitary did Washington remain friends with after the war?
3. The overwhelming problem Washington had to deal with in the Summer of 1794 was a rebellion in Virginia and Pennsylvania against ____________________.
4. What did Washington attend before leaving Philadelphia for retirement?
5. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did General Charles Lee do that put Washington's men into the heat of battle and for which Lee later faced a court martial?
2. What did Washington do after he took the oath of office as president?
3. What did Benedict Arnold do that was a betrayal to the new country?
4. What personal health and family trauma affected Washington soon after he took office?
5. For what reason did Washington have to distance himself from the Society of Cincinnati?
6. What did Washington do to improve his finances when he was struggling with his financial situation?
7. Why was Washington so disgruntled with some of the people he and his soldiers were fighting for?
8. How did Washington manage through his discomfort of having to associate with strangers as President?
9. What were some of the hardships Washington's men suffered at Valley Forge in the Winter of 1777?
10. What treachery among his own men did Washington face?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)