|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many attempts did it take Washington to imprison Benedict Arnold?
(d) He never did.
2. What was Washington reluctant to support in the early years of his Presidency?
(a) British Import Act.
(b) The Spanish Embargo Act.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Ohio Valley Treaty.
3. What did Washington put efforts toward preserving after the war?
(a) His weapons.
(b) His friendships.
(c) His war papers.
(d) His uniforms.
4. What did Washington do in an attempt to preserve his image for prosperity?
(a) Sketched some self portraits.
(b) Sat for life masks.
(c) Sat for several portraits.
(d) Had people draw caricatures.
5. Which of the following was NOT an issue Washington tended to during most of 1782?
(a) The fate of British prisoners.
(b) Approving war monuments.
(c) Getting pay for soldiers.
(d) Receiving accolades for his war service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Founding Fathers achieved a pair of treaties with France, boosting morale at Valley Forge?
2. How many years did Washington spend as President of the United States?
3. Which of the following did Washington's men NOT lack at Valley Forge?
4. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
5. Why did Washington agree to host so many visitors at Mount Vernon after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What treachery among his own men did Washington face?
2. What did Washington do after he took the oath of office as president?
3. What image of himself did Washington still harbor which involved the perception of prosperity at Mount Vernon?
4. Although they remained friends after the war, what point did Washington and Lafayette disagree on?
5. Why was the Winter of 1779 similar to the one spent at Valley Forge for Washington and his men?
6. What did Washington do to improve his finances when he was struggling with his financial situation?
7. What impression about himself was Washington very careful about preserving?
8. What was the condition of Mount Vernon upon Washington's return from war?
9. How did Washington manage through his discomfort of having to associate with strangers as President?
10. When did Washington leave the office of President and return to Mount Vernon as a private citizen?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)