|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1790, the Residence Act was passed, making _____________________ the temporary capital of the country.
(c) New York.
2. Washington and his army spent the Winter of ________________ in Valley Forge.
3. While struggling financially, Washington toured his properties in __________________ to collect rent and evict squatters.
(b) The Ohio Valley.
(c) New England.
4. What disease broke out in Washington in 1793?
(c) Yellow Fever.
5. What is a flotilla?
(a) A unit of men.
(b) A cannon.
(c) A weapons wagon.
(d) A formation of small warships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexander Hamilton delivered the Report on Public Credit that included his assertion that the federal government should take on the states' debts ________________________.
2. Who did Washington appoint as his Secretary of the Treasury?
3. Which of the Founding Fathers achieved a pair of treaties with France, boosting morale at Valley Forge?
4. Which foreign dignitary did Washington remain friends with after the war?
5. The rebellions in the state in #127 made it clear that the _______________________ needed to be written.
Short Essay Questions
1. What personal health and family trauma affected Washington soon after he took office?
2. For what reason did Washington have to distance himself from the Society of Cincinnati?
3. When did Washington leave the office of President and return to Mount Vernon as a private citizen?
4. Why was Washington so disgruntled with some of the people he and his soldiers were fighting for?
5. What image of himself did Washington still harbor which involved the perception of prosperity at Mount Vernon?
6. What treachery among his own men did Washington face?
7. In addition to preserving his war papers, what else did Washington do to preserve his image for future generations?
8. What was the Society of the Cincinnati?
9. What were some of the hardships Washington's men suffered at Valley Forge in the Winter of 1777?
10. What was the irony of Washington's financial status at the time he was to be inaugurated?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)