|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Washington agree to host so many visitors at Mount Vernon after the war?
(a) He wanted to present a good image for posterity.
(b) He was trying to sway voters.
(c) He hoped to get lucrative donations.
(d) He enjoyed telling his war stories.
2. Washington was always conscious of the __________________ he would leave for future generations.
3. Where did Washington slip away to while on his way to survey the battles taking place in the South?
(a) Mount Vernon.
(b) Harper's Ferry.
4. Which of the following was NOT among Washington's strongest supporters at one time, but who now wrote negative essays about him which were published?
5. What was the name of the convention in #129?
(a) The Patriot Convention.
(b) The Constitutional Convention.
(c) The Revolutionary Convention.
(d) The Confederation Convention.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
2. Washington found himself __________________ by the poor attitude of the very people he and his soldiers were fighting for.
3. Washington struggled all his life with ________________ problems.
4. What did Washington help plan while at the location in #102?
5. Who was the envoy who Washington sent to England to demand the end of their seizing American ships and imprisoning American citizens they thought were British deserters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some things that Washington did that made people think he was trying to establish a monarchy in America?
2. When did Washington leave the office of President and return to Mount Vernon as a private citizen?
3. In addition to preserving his war papers, what else did Washington do to preserve his image for future generations?
4. What treachery among his own men did Washington face?
5. How did Washington's actions regarding his slaves not belie his true feelings?
6. What were the circumstances in which Washington was elected president?
7. Which important battle would lead to the surrender of the British Army?
8. What was the Society of the Cincinnati?
9. What were some of the hardships Washington's men suffered at Valley Forge in the Winter of 1777?
10. For what reason did Washington have to distance himself from the Society of Cincinnati?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)