|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington's seat in the House of Burgesses gained him __________________________.
(a) A fortune.
(b) Some enemies.
(c) A substantial amount of land.
(d) A good standing in the community.
2. Which general asked Washington to be his aide-de-camp because of Washington's frontier experience?
(a) General Richard Burlingame.
(b) General Frederick N. Burgoyne.
(c) Major General Edward R. Pence.
(d) Major General Edward Braddock.
3. What event occurred which sent shockwaves through the colonies after the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses?
(a) The Continental Congress.
(b) The Battle of Bunker Hill.
(c) The Boston Tea Party.
(d) Paul Revere's Ride.
4. George Washington grew up in which state?
5. How many miles did Washington's men have to march after crossing the river in #73 to catch the Hessians unaware?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Washington envious of Jacky Custis?
2. Washington saw himself as a/an _________________ slaveholder.
3. Throughout his life, Washington would have a fascination with _______________.
4. In the Fall on 1755, Washington was made supreme commander of all military forces in _______________.
5. Who was George Washington's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did destiny play a part in Washington's decision to join the army instead of the navy?
2. Why did Washington find himself deeply in debt because of the reliance on imported British goods?
3. How did the lack of a formal education impact Washington's feelings about himself throughout his life?
4. What did Washington get involved with as a member of the House of Burgesses during this period of time?
5. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
6. What was Washington's pattern of wins and defeats in the early stages of the war?
7. What financial responsibility did Washington have for his stepchildren for the rest of his life?
8. What was Washington's fascination with women throughout his life
9. Which two women were important in Washington's personal life as a young adult?
10. What purpose did Washington hope that Mount Vernon would serve regarding the perception people had of him?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)