|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Washington and Martha have of their own?
2. Who was the first husband of Washington's wife?
(a) Daniel Parke Custis.
(b) Benjamin Joseph Hargrove.
(c) Nathaniel David Bryce.
(d) John James Cochran.
3. What was the outcome of the resolutions presented to the Fairfax County committee?
(a) The Virginia Resolves.
(b) The Virginia Resolves.
(c) The Patriot Resolves.
(d) The Fairfax Resolves.
4. Who was George Washington's father?
(a) John Washington.
(b) Augustine Washington.
(c) George Washington Sr.
(d) James Washington.
5. On which piece of American currency does George Washington's picture appear?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A silver dollar.
(c) The one dollar bill.
(d) The twenty dollar bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Washington's home?
2. How many children did the woman have when she married Washington?
3. In 1774, Washington was one of several Virginia delegates to attend the first ________________________.
4. In 1754, Washington led his troops into which region to fight the French?
5. When did Washington inherit Mount Vernon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenges did Washington face with Congress and even some of his own generals?
2. How did destiny play a part in Washington's decision to join the army instead of the navy?
3. What traditions did Washington create as new President and why were they important to him?
4. How did the lack of a formal education impact Washington's feelings about himself throughout his life?
5. Why was Jacky Custis not motivated to get a formal education?
6. What image of himself did Washington still harbor which involved the perception of prosperity at Mount Vernon?
7. How did Washington's actions regarding his slaves not belie his true feelings?
8. Why did Washington find himself deeply in debt because of the reliance on imported British goods?
9. Why did some people not support Washington's attempts to defend them and secure independence for them?
10. What were the circumstances in which Washington was elected president?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)