|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the night of September 14-15, five British ships dropped anchor in ___________________, demolishing American defenses.
(a) Kip's Bay.
(b) Oyster Bay.
(c) Sheepshead Bay.
(d) Algonquin Bay.
2. In which New Jersey city did Washington and his men spend the winter of 1777?
3. George Washington grew up in which state?
4. When Washington married the woman in #53, he became a very wealthy man by appearances only because much of the money was set aside for _________________________.
(a) The county.
(b) Her children.
(c) The military.
5. Throughout his life, Washington would have a fascination with _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles did Washington's men have to march after crossing the river in #73 to catch the Hessians unaware?
2. On which piece of American currency does George Washington's picture appear?
3. Which general asked Washington to be his aide-de-camp because of Washington's frontier experience?
4. Who was George Washington's father?
5. Which army did Washington join in 1754?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Washington find himself deeply in debt because of the reliance on imported British goods?
2. Which woman did Washington choose to marry?
3. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
4. How did destiny play a part in Washington's decision to join the army instead of the navy?
5. What difficult issues did Washington face regarding his stepchildren during this period?
6. Why was Jacky Custis not motivated to get a formal education?
7. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
8. How did the lack of a formal education impact Washington's feelings about himself throughout his life?
9. How did Washington's difficult life with his mother impact his early life?
10. Which two women were important in Washington's personal life as a young adult?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)