|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington met with ____________________ who presented him with resolutions to be presented to the Fairfax County committee.
(a) Colonel James Todd.
(b) Colonel William Jeffries.
(c) Colonel George Mason.
(d) Colonel Henry Madison.
2. Washington lost most of his support in Congress with the loss of which city?
(a) Saratoga Springs.
3. Who was the woman Washington held a mildly flirtatious relationship with for many years?
(a) Peggy Granson.
(b) Jemma Maddox.
(c) Sally Fairfax.
(d) Cecily Clintock.
4. When Washington married the woman in #53, he became a very wealthy man by appearances only because much of the money was set aside for _________________________.
(a) Her children.
(b) The military.
(d) The county.
5. George and Martha Washington married in January of what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington's seat in the House of Burgesses gained him __________________________.
2. In 1754, Washington led his troops into which region to fight the French?
3. In which New Jersey city did Washington and his men spend the winter of 1777?
4. What was the name of the farm inherited by Washington's eldest half-brother?
5. Who was George Washington's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Washington do after he took the oath of office as president?
2. What personal health and family trauma affected Washington soon after he took office?
3. What was the Society of the Cincinnati?
4. Why did some people not support Washington's attempts to defend them and secure independence for them?
5. How did George and Martha manage the fact that they had no children together and how would this affect his eventual nomination for President of the new country?
6. What did General Charles Lee do that put Washington's men into the heat of battle and for which Lee later faced a court martial?
7. What financial responsibility did Washington have for his stepchildren for the rest of his life?
8. What was the mixed blessing of Washington's marriage to Martha regarding finances?
9. What were some things that Washington did that made people think he was trying to establish a monarchy in America?
10. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)