|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Washington married the woman in #53, he became a very wealthy man by appearances only because much of the money was set aside for _________________________.
(a) The county.
(b) Her children.
(d) The military.
2. Washington was quite social and was often the center of attention with ________________.
3. What was the name of the farm inherited by Washington's eldest half-brother?
(a) Twelve Oaks.
(b) Mount Vernon.
4. Washington was born to a family of men who ____________________.
(a) Died young.
(b) Worked in law.
(c) Were artists.
(d) Became politicians.
5. Washington's stepdaughter, Patsy, died from a bout of _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country enacted the Townshend Acts which placed duties on more goods sold to American colonists?
2. What was the name of Washington's home?
3. Why did Washington like spending so much time with his eldest half-brother at his farm?
4. Which of the following did Washington NOT provide for his slaves?
5. Throughout his life, Washington would have a fascination with _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficult issues did Washington face regarding his stepchildren during this period?
2. What purpose did Washington hope that Mount Vernon would serve regarding the perception people had of him?
3. What did Washington get involved with as a member of the House of Burgesses during this period of time?
4. How did Washington become leader of the Continental Army and what were his immediate challenges?
5. Which two women were important in Washington's personal life as a young adult?
6. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
7. Why was the Revolutionary War important for Washington?
8. How did the lack of a formal education impact Washington's feelings about himself throughout his life?
9. Explain why Washington's plan to cross the Delaware River was a successful military maneuver.
10. How did destiny play a part in Washington's decision to join the army instead of the navy?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)