|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington looked to his home as a way of creating for himself the appearance of a_______________________.
(a) Political candidate.
(b) Wealthy plantation owner.
(c) Military man.
(d) Rigid slave owner.
2. Washington would spend the rest of his life in the role of ___________________________.
(a) County commissioner.
(b) Executor of the Custis estate.
(c) Church of England deacon.
(d) Ungrateful son.
3. Washington pursued a career as a/an ___________________ when his mother denied his joining the Royal Navy.
(b) Land surveyor.
4. In the Summer of 1777, the British made a move toward __________________, so Washington moved his army quickly into the city.
5. Who was George Washington's mother?
(a) Justine Ellen Fairfax.
(b) Mary Johnson Bell.
(c) Celine Marie Beaulieu.
(d) Marie Patrice Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Washington like spending so much time with his eldest half-brother at his farm?
2. What came along with Washington's marriage to Martha?
3. On the night of September 14-15, five British ships dropped anchor in ___________________, demolishing American defenses.
4. Why would Washington feel inadequate around people all his life?
5. The people of which states continued to support the British during the Revolutionary War?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which two women were important in Washington's personal life as a young adult?
2. Why was the Revolutionary War important for Washington?
3. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
4. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
5. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
6. How did Washington's difficult life with his mother impact his early life?
7. What difficult issues did Washington face regarding his stepchildren during this period?
8. How did destiny play a part in Washington's decision to join the army instead of the navy?
9. What happened to raise morale among Washington's troops as they struggled to hold New York?
10. What caused Washington to ultimately support a boycott of British goods?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)