|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the French stronghold in the Ohio Valley?
(a) Fort Lafayette.
(b) Fort Duquesne.
(c) Fort Orleans.
(d) Fort Beaulieu.
2. Washington's stepdaughter, Patsy, died from a bout of _________________.
3. In the Fall on 1755, Washington was made supreme commander of all military forces in _______________.
(d) South Carolina.
4. Which country enacted the Townshend Acts which placed duties on more goods sold to American colonists?
5. Washington saw himself as a/an _________________ slaveholder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was George Washington when his father died?
2. Who did Washington decide to marry?
3. Where did the British troops go after Washington's army drove them out of Boston?
4. What was the name of the farm inherited by Washington's eldest half-brother?
5. Washington's seat in the House of Burgesses gained him __________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Washington become leader of the Continental Army and what were his immediate challenges?
2. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
3. What difficult issues did Washington face regarding his stepchildren during this period?
4. What was the mixed blessing of Washington's marriage to Martha regarding finances?
5. What purpose did Washington hope that Mount Vernon would serve regarding the perception people had of him?
6. What were the circumstances in which Washington inherited Mount Vernon?
7. What caused Washington to ultimately support a boycott of British goods?
8. What did Washington get involved with as a member of the House of Burgesses during this period of time?
9. Why did some people not support Washington's attempts to defend them and secure independence for them?
10. What was Washington's childhood like and why was he not able to get a formal education?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)