|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington quickly became aware of the difficulty of _____________________________.
(a) Raising stepchildren.
(b) Editing a newspaper.
(c) Running a farm.
(d) Relying on imports from Britain.
2. What was the name of the farm inherited by Washington's eldest half-brother?
(a) Twelve Oaks.
(d) Mount Vernon.
3. What was the name of Washington's home?
(a) Fairfax Glen.
(b) White House Farm.
(c) Mount Vernon.
4. By what nickname was Washington's stepson, John Parke Custis, known?
(b) John Boy.
5. How many British ships arrived in the East River while Washington's men were positioned in Harlem?
(a) One thousand.
(b) About a hundred.
(c) Nearly five hundred.
(d) About fifty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington was quite social and was often the center of attention with ________________.
2. What came along with Washington's marriage to Martha?
3. After the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses for the second time, Washington and several other men met secretly and agreed to ______________________.
4. Another decisive defeat of Washington's men by the British took place on Chatterton's Hill as both armies moved to dominate the ______________________.
5. How many resolutions were presented in #46?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did George and Martha manage the fact that they had no children together and how would this affect his eventual nomination for President of the new country?
2. Which woman did Washington choose to marry?
3. What financial responsibility did Washington have for his stepchildren for the rest of his life?
4. What challenges did Washington face with Congress and even some of his own generals?
5. Why did some people not support Washington's attempts to defend them and secure independence for them?
6. What difficult issues did Washington face regarding his stepchildren during this period?
7. Why was the Revolutionary War important for Washington?
8. What happened to raise morale among Washington's troops as they struggled to hold New York?
9. What were the circumstances in which Washington inherited Mount Vernon?
10. Which two women were important in Washington's personal life as a young adult?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)