|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Washington's home?
(b) Fairfax Glen.
(c) Mount Vernon.
(d) White House Farm.
2. When did Washington inherit Mount Vernon?
(a) When he turned twenty-one.
(b) When his brother's wife and sister died.
(c) When his mother died.
(d) When his father died.
3. How old was George Washington when his father died?
4. Which general asked Washington to be his aide-de-camp because of Washington's frontier experience?
(a) Major General Edward Braddock.
(b) General Frederick N. Burgoyne.
(c) Major General Edward R. Pence.
(d) General Richard Burlingame.
5. Who was the woman Washington held a mildly flirtatious relationship with for many years?
(a) Peggy Granson.
(b) Cecily Clintock.
(c) Jemma Maddox.
(d) Sally Fairfax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Washington do with a copy of the Declaration of Independence when it arrived when he was in New York with his troops?
2. How many children did Washington's father have with his first wife?
3. In 1754, Washington led his troops into which region to fight the French?
4. How many children did Washington and Martha have of their own?
5. Washington was born to a family of men who ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficult issues did Washington face regarding his stepchildren during this period?
2. What was Washington's fascination with women throughout his life
3. What were the circumstances in which Washington inherited Mount Vernon?
4. What challenges did Washington face with Congress and even some of his own generals?
5. What caused Washington to ultimately support a boycott of British goods?
6. What financial responsibility did Washington have for his stepchildren for the rest of his life?
7. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
8. Why did Washington find himself deeply in debt because of the reliance on imported British goods?
9. What was the mixed blessing of Washington's marriage to Martha regarding finances?
10. What happened to raise morale among Washington's troops as they struggled to hold New York?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)