|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which battle took place the day after the Battle of Trenton?
(a) The Battle of Syracuse.
(b) The Battle of Albany.
(c) The Battle of Richmond.
(d) The Battle of Princeton.
2. Who did Washington decide to marry?
(a) Elizabeth Lafayette.
(b) Jane Hemings.
(c) Sally Fairfax.
(d) Martha Custis.
3. Why did Washington like spending so much time with his eldest half-brother at his farm?
(a) He could talk about his father with him.
(b) He managed the farm.
(c) He wanted to escape his critical mother.
(d) He wanted to learn a trade.
4. Washington was quite social and was often the center of attention with ________________.
5. How many resolutions were presented in #46?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Washington envious of Jacky Custis?
2. Which country enacted the Townshend Acts which placed duties on more goods sold to American colonists?
3. How long was Washington able to hold Manhattan after the British began their offensive?
4. Washington was a distinguished soldier in the _______________________.
5. The people of which states continued to support the British during the Revolutionary War?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
2. What caused Washington to ultimately support a boycott of British goods?
3. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
4. What was the mixed blessing of Washington's marriage to Martha regarding finances?
5. What did Washington get involved with as a member of the House of Burgesses during this period of time?
6. What happened to raise morale among Washington's troops as they struggled to hold New York?
7. Why did Washington find himself deeply in debt because of the reliance on imported British goods?
8. Why was the Revolutionary War important for Washington?
9. Explain why Washington's plan to cross the Delaware River was a successful military maneuver.
10. What was Washington's childhood like and why was he not able to get a formal education?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)