|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Washington envious of Jacky Custis?
(a) Jacky had a good sense of humor.
(b) Jacky had the opportunity for a formal education.
(c) Jacky had thick, dark hair.
(d) Jacky had broad shoulders.
2. Which army did Washington join in 1754?
3. Eight thousand ____________________ mercenaries joined the British army while Washington tried to hold New York.
4. What was the fort that Washington and his men used in the campaign against the French in 1754?
(a) Fort Freedom.
(b) Fort Austerity.
(c) Fort Benning.
(d) Fort Necessity.
5. Two Northern generals who played an important part in Washington's future were Nathanael Greene and _______.
(a) Philip Lafayette.
(b) Henry Knox.
(c) George Morgan.
(d) James Brandywine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout his life, Washington would have a fascination with _______________.
2. Which general asked Washington to be his aide-de-camp because of Washington's frontier experience?
3. Which country enacted the Townshend Acts which placed duties on more goods sold to American colonists?
4. What was the name of Washington's home?
5. Washington saw himself as a/an _________________ slaveholder.
Short Essay Questions
1. What financial responsibility did Washington have for his stepchildren for the rest of his life?
2. Which woman did Washington choose to marry?
3. Who were George Washington's parents and how many siblings did he have?
4. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
5. How did the lack of a formal education impact Washington's feelings about himself throughout his life?
6. What was Washington's fascination with women throughout his life
7. Why did some people not support Washington's attempts to defend them and secure independence for them?
8. What purpose did Washington hope that Mount Vernon would serve regarding the perception people had of him?
9. What was Washington's pattern of wins and defeats in the early stages of the war?
10. Why did Washington find himself deeply in debt because of the reliance on imported British goods?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)