|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Fall on 1755, Washington was made supreme commander of all military forces in _______________.
(d) South Carolina.
2. Washington would spend the rest of his life in the role of ___________________________.
(a) Church of England deacon.
(b) Ungrateful son.
(c) County commissioner.
(d) Executor of the Custis estate.
3. Washington was quite social and was often the center of attention with ________________.
4. Throughout his life, Washington would have a fascination with _______________.
5. The British soldiers overwhelmed Washington's men on Long Island, taking advantage of a gaping hole in their defenses along ________________________.
(b) Jamaica Pass.
(d) Long Island Sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1765, to defray war costs, Parliament enacted the _____________________.
2. Who was George Washington's mother?
3. Washington organized his own group of aides to include Captain Alexander Hamilton and____________________.
4. Which of the following did Washington NOT provide for his slaves?
5. Washington was an accomplished __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
2. Why did some people not support Washington's attempts to defend them and secure independence for them?
3. What was Washington's fascination with women throughout his life
4. How did Washington become leader of the Continental Army and what were his immediate challenges?
5. What challenges did Washington face with Congress and even some of his own generals?
6. Why did Washington find himself deeply in debt because of the reliance on imported British goods?
7. Which two women were important in Washington's personal life as a young adult?
8. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
9. What did Washington get involved with as a member of the House of Burgesses during this period of time?
10. What happened to raise morale among Washington's troops as they struggled to hold New York?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)