Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1754, Washington led his troops into which region to fight the French?
(a) Michigan woods.
(b) Georgia wetlands.
(c) Ohio Country.
(d) Virginia hills.
2. Why would Washington feel inadequate around people all his life?
(a) He started to go bald at an early age.
(b) The lack of a formal education.
(c) He had wooden teeth.
(d) He was so much taller than everyone else.
3. Which office did Washington run for and win?
(a) A seat on the Richmond, Virginia, town council.
(b) A seat in the Frederick County House of Burgesses.
(c) Governor of Virginia.
(d) Mayor of Cornwall.
4. How many children did Washington and Martha have of their own?
5. Who was the artist who painted Washington's portrait that appears on American currency?
(a) Giles Simonson.
(b) Gilbert Stuart.
(c) Gamble Stockstill.
(d) Gerard Stillwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first husband of Washington's wife?
2. When did Washington inherit Mount Vernon?
3. What was the name of the farm inherited by Washington's eldest half-brother?
4. What event occurred which sent shockwaves through the colonies after the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses?
5. The British soldiers overwhelmed Washington's men on Long Island, taking advantage of a gaping hole in their defenses along ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Washington so disgruntled with some of the people he and his soldiers were fighting for?
2. Why did some people not support Washington's attempts to defend them and secure independence for them?
3. What did Washington do to improve his finances when he was struggling with his financial situation?
4. How did Washington's actions regarding his slaves not belie his true feelings?
5. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
6. What was Washington's pattern of wins and defeats in the early stages of the war?
7. Although they remained friends after the war, what point did Washington and Lafayette disagree on?
8. What were some of the hardships Washington's men suffered at Valley Forge in the Winter of 1777?
9. What was the irony of Washington's financial status at the time he was to be inaugurated?
10. What was the mixed blessing of Washington's marriage to Martha regarding finances?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)