|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1765, to defray war costs, Parliament enacted the _____________________.
(a) Declaration of Independence.
(b) Boston Tea Party.
(c) American Federation Act.
(d) Stamp Act.
2. Washington was a distinguished soldier in the _______________________.
(a) Road to Richmond.
(b) French and Indian War.
(c) Battle of Brandywine.
(d) Chadwick Campaign.
3. When did Washington inherit Mount Vernon?
(a) When his father died.
(b) When his brother's wife and sister died.
(c) When his mother died.
(d) When he turned twenty-one.
4. Washington's father had _______________ children with Washington's mother.
5. Washington lost most of his support in Congress with the loss of which city?
(b) Saratoga Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Washington able to hold Manhattan after the British began their offensive?
2. Throughout his life, Washington would have a fascination with _______________.
3. Washington met with ____________________ who presented him with resolutions to be presented to the Fairfax County committee.
4. How many children did Washington and Martha have of their own?
5. Which river did Washington and his men cross during the night for a surprise attack on a Hessian garrison in Trenton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Washington find himself deeply in debt because of the reliance on imported British goods?
2. Which two women were important in Washington's personal life as a young adult?
3. How did Washington's difficult life with his mother impact his early life?
4. What financial responsibility did Washington have for his stepchildren for the rest of his life?
5. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
6. How did destiny play a part in Washington's decision to join the army instead of the navy?
7. Who were George Washington's parents and how many siblings did he have?
8. How did George and Martha manage the fact that they had no children together and how would this affect his eventual nomination for President of the new country?
9. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
10. Why did some people not support Washington's attempts to defend them and secure independence for them?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)