|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which army did Washington join in 1754?
2. By what nickname was Washington's stepson, John Parke Custis, known?
(d) John Boy.
3. Another decisive defeat of Washington's men by the British took place on Chatterton's Hill as both armies moved to dominate the ______________________.
(a) New York River.
(b) Schenectady River.
(c) Olentangy River.
(d) Hudson River.
4. What did Washington do with a copy of the Declaration of Independence when it arrived when he was in New York with his troops?
(a) He burned it.
(b) He framed it and hung it in his office.
(c) He sent it back to the writers with some edits.
(d) He had it read to his men.
5. To what state did Washington march his troops after the losses in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country enacted the Townshend Acts which placed duties on more goods sold to American colonists?
2. What came along with Washington's marriage to Martha?
3. Washington was quite social and was often the center of attention with ________________.
4. Who was George Washington's mother?
5. When Washington married the woman in #53, he became a very wealthy man by appearances only because much of the money was set aside for _________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
2. What was Washington's pattern of wins and defeats in the early stages of the war?
3. How did destiny play a part in Washington's decision to join the army instead of the navy?
4. What financial responsibility did Washington have for his stepchildren for the rest of his life?
5. How did Washington's difficult life with his mother impact his early life?
6. What purpose did Washington hope that Mount Vernon would serve regarding the perception people had of him?
7. What challenges did Washington face with Congress and even some of his own generals?
8. How did Washington become leader of the Continental Army and what were his immediate challenges?
9. Which woman did Washington choose to marry?
10. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)