|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1774, Washington was one of several Virginia delegates to attend the first ________________________.
(a) Continental Congress.
(b) Fairfax Consortium.
(c) House of Burgesses.
(d) Boston Tea Party.
2. How many children did Washington's father have with his first wife?
3. Washington saw himself as a/an _________________ slaveholder.
4. Why was Washington envious of Jacky Custis?
(a) Jacky had a good sense of humor.
(b) Jacky had thick, dark hair.
(c) Jacky had broad shoulders.
(d) Jacky had the opportunity for a formal education.
5. When did Washington inherit Mount Vernon?
(a) When his brother's wife and sister died.
(b) When his mother died.
(c) When he turned twenty-one.
(d) When his father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first husband of Washington's wife?
2. What was the name of Washington's home?
3. How long was Washington able to hold Manhattan after the British began their offensive?
4. How many British ships arrived in the East River while Washington's men were positioned in Harlem?
5. Washington's stepdaughter, Patsy, died from a bout of _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Washington's fascination with women throughout his life
2. Why did Washington find himself deeply in debt because of the reliance on imported British goods?
3. Explain why Washington's plan to cross the Delaware River was a successful military maneuver.
4. What caused Washington to ultimately support a boycott of British goods?
5. How did destiny play a part in Washington's decision to join the army instead of the navy?
6. Which woman did Washington choose to marry?
7. How did Washington's difficult life with his mother impact his early life?
8. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
9. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
10. What challenges did Washington face with Congress and even some of his own generals?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)