|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the woman Washington held a mildly flirtatious relationship with for many years?
(a) Jemma Maddox.
(b) Peggy Granson.
(c) Cecily Clintock.
(d) Sally Fairfax.
2. To what state did Washington march his troops after the losses in New York?
3. Washington found himself deeply in debt because of his extravagant lifestyle and the ______________________.
(a) Purchase of field slaves.
(b) Loss of his inheritance.
(c) Taxes levied on the colonists by the British.
(d) Sale of part of Mount Vernon.
4. In which New Jersey city did Washington and his men spend the winter of 1777?
5. What was the fort that Washington and his men used in the campaign against the French in 1754?
(a) Fort Freedom.
(b) Fort Necessity.
(c) Fort Benning.
(d) Fort Austerity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Washington decide to marry?
2. Washington's seat in the House of Burgesses gained him __________________________.
3. What event occurred which sent shockwaves through the colonies after the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses?
4. Which general asked Washington to be his aide-de-camp because of Washington's frontier experience?
5. George Washington grew up in which state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What financial responsibility did Washington have for his stepchildren for the rest of his life?
2. What happened to raise morale among Washington's troops as they struggled to hold New York?
3. What challenges did Washington face with Congress and even some of his own generals?
4. How did Washington become leader of the Continental Army and what were his immediate challenges?
5. How did George and Martha manage the fact that they had no children together and how would this affect his eventual nomination for President of the new country?
6. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
7. Which two women were important in Washington's personal life as a young adult?
8. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
9. What was Washington's childhood like and why was he not able to get a formal education?
10. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)