|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the outcome of the resolutions presented to the Fairfax County committee?
(a) The Patriot Resolves.
(b) The Virginia Resolves.
(c) The Fairfax Resolves.
(d) The Virginia Resolves.
2. In what month and year was the portrait of George Washington painted?
(a) December, 1789.
(b) April, 1799.
(c) July ,1776.
(d) March, 1793.
3. Who was George Washington's father?
(a) George Washington Sr.
(b) Augustine Washington.
(c) John Washington.
(d) James Washington.
4. On which piece of American currency does George Washington's picture appear?
(a) A quarter.
(b) The one dollar bill.
(c) A silver dollar.
(d) The twenty dollar bill.
5. What does Ron Chernow base this book on George Washington?
(a) Washington's archived presidential documents.
(b) Martha Washington's journals.
(c) Papers of Washington's generals.
(d) Washington's newly discovered papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington met with ____________________ who presented him with resolutions to be presented to the Fairfax County committee.
2. Who did Washington decide to marry?
3. The people of which states continued to support the British during the Revolutionary War?
4. George Washington grew up in which state?
5. Washington quickly became aware of the difficulty of _____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
2. Which two women were important in Washington's personal life as a young adult?
3. What happened to raise morale among Washington's troops as they struggled to hold New York?
4. What did Washington get involved with as a member of the House of Burgesses during this period of time?
5. Which woman did Washington choose to marry?
6. Who were George Washington's parents and how many siblings did he have?
7. How did George and Martha manage the fact that they had no children together and how would this affect his eventual nomination for President of the new country?
8. What was the mixed blessing of Washington's marriage to Martha regarding finances?
9. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
10. What was Washington's pattern of wins and defeats in the early stages of the war?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)