|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout his life, Washington would have a fascination with _______________.
2. Why did Washington like spending so much time with his eldest half-brother at his farm?
(a) He wanted to escape his critical mother.
(b) He could talk about his father with him.
(c) He managed the farm.
(d) He wanted to learn a trade.
3. Washington's seat in the House of Burgesses gained him __________________________.
(a) A good standing in the community.
(b) A substantial amount of land.
(c) Some enemies.
(d) A fortune.
4. In the Fall on 1755, Washington was made supreme commander of all military forces in _______________.
(a) South Carolina.
5. Where did the British troops go after Washington's army drove them out of Boston?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fort was Washington forced to watch the British decimate, forcing his troops to surrender?
2. Which of the following was NOT an issue that Washington battled with Congress over?
3. Which battle took place the day after the Battle of Trenton?
4. In 1754, Washington led his troops into which region to fight the French?
5. When Washington married the woman in #53, he became a very wealthy man by appearances only because much of the money was set aside for _________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What financial responsibility did Washington have for his stepchildren for the rest of his life?
2. Why was the Revolutionary War important for Washington?
3. Why was Jacky Custis not motivated to get a formal education?
4. Explain why Washington's plan to cross the Delaware River was a successful military maneuver.
5. How did Washington's difficult life with his mother impact his early life?
6. What challenges did Washington face with Congress and even some of his own generals?
7. What was the mixed blessing of Washington's marriage to Martha regarding finances?
8. Who were George Washington's parents and how many siblings did he have?
9. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
10. How was Washington's slave population impacted when he married Martha and how did he view himself as a slave owner?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)