|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington lost most of his support in Congress with the loss of which city?
(d) Saratoga Springs.
2. What did Washington do with a copy of the Declaration of Independence when it arrived when he was in New York with his troops?
(a) He burned it.
(b) He sent it back to the writers with some edits.
(c) He had it read to his men.
(d) He framed it and hung it in his office.
3. Washington's stepdaughter, Patsy, died from a bout of _________________.
4. What was the greatest impact on Washington's life regarding his father's death?
(a) He could not go to boarding school.
(b) He had to take care of his mother.
(c) He had a bad reputation.
(d) He had no one to look up to.
5. Throughout his life, Washington would have a fascination with _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Washington able to hold Manhattan after the British began their offensive?
2. Washington found himself deeply in debt because of his extravagant lifestyle and the ______________________.
3. Who was George Washington's father?
4. In which New Jersey city did Washington and his men spend the winter of 1777?
5. On which piece of American currency does George Washington's picture appear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Washington's plan to cross the Delaware River was a successful military maneuver.
2. Why was Washington so humble when accepting the role as leader of the Continental Army?
3. What caused Washington to ultimately support a boycott of British goods?
4. What financial responsibility did Washington have for his stepchildren for the rest of his life?
5. Why did Washington find himself deeply in debt because of the reliance on imported British goods?
6. Who were George Washington's parents and how many siblings did he have?
7. What happened to raise morale among Washington's troops as they struggled to hold New York?
8. What challenges did Washington face with Congress and even some of his own generals?
9. How did Washington's difficult life with his mother impact his early life?
10. What impact did Washington's father's death have on his life?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)