|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person close to Washington died at the end of the Revolutionary War?
2. How many attempts did it take Washington to imprison Benedict Arnold?
(d) He never did.
3. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
(b) Sense of self.
(d) War stories.
4. By what margin did Washington win the presidency of the new country?
5. In 1790, the Residence Act was passed, making _____________________ the temporary capital of the country.
(d) New York.
6. What did Washington help plan while at the location in #102?
(a) The Battle of Yorktown.
(b) The blueprints for the White House.
(c) The Boston Tea Party.
(d) The Declaration of Independence.
7. Washington found himself in the middle of a controversy as the president of the _______________________ when it came out that membership included a hereditary clause.
(a) Republican party.
(b) Society of Cincinnati.
(c) Knights of Columbus.
8. What did Mount Vernon require from Washington upon his return from war?
(a) Extensive renovations.
(b) Just a little maintenance.
(c) Additional rooms added on.
(d) Major landscaping.
9. What was the name of the organization formed to support soldiers and their families after the war?
(a) Sons of the American Revolution.
(b) Society of the Cincinnati.
(c) Society of Patriots.
(d) Sons of Freedom.
10. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
11. In late 1786, Washington learned that he would represent _________________ at a convention.
(b) New York.
(c) South Carolina.
12. Washington and his men spent the Winter of 1779 in which New Jersey town?
13. To deal with his discomfort with strangers, Washington confined social meetings to a weekly ________________ he would hold in his home each Tuesday.
(b) Card party.
(d) Cocktail party.
14. What disease broke out in Washington in 1793?
(c) Yellow Fever.
15. Which of the following was NOT among Washington's strongest supporters at one time, but who now wrote negative essays about him which were published?
Short Answer Questions
1. While struggling financially, Washington toured his properties in __________________ to collect rent and evict squatters.
2. Which of the following was NOT an issue Washington tended to during most of 1782?
3. Why did Washington agree to host so many visitors at Mount Vernon after the war?
4. The overwhelming problem Washington had to deal with in the Summer of 1794 was a rebellion in Virginia and Pennsylvania against ____________________.
5. Who did Washington appoint as Chief Justice to the Supreme Court?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)