|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander Hamilton delivered the Report on Public Credit that included his assertion that the federal government should take on the states' debts ________________________.
(a) Incurred by the war.
(b) For road construction.
(c) To build universities.
(d) Left over from the Stamp Act.
2. What was a point of contention between Washington and a foreign dignitary who remained his friend?
(a) Washington continued to own slaves.
(b) Washington would not give him an American military distinction.
(c) Washington did not want any military honors.
(d) Washington would not support the French army.
3. Which of the Founding Fathers achieved a pair of treaties with France, boosting morale at Valley Forge?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) John Adams.
(d) George Washington.
4. In what city was the convention in #129 held?
(d) New York City.
5. Which of the following was NOT among Washington's strongest supporters at one time, but who now wrote negative essays about him which were published?
6. Washington had to borrow _________________ to attend his own inauguration as First President of the United States.
(a) A carriage.
(b) A suit.
(c) A sword.
7. In the Spring of 1780, Cornwallis and Clinton took a flotilla to ______________________.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
8. Washington found himself in the middle of a controversy as the president of the _______________________ when it came out that membership included a hereditary clause.
(a) Knights of Columbus.
(c) Republican party.
(d) Society of Cincinnati.
9. Washington felt he needed to live by a certain standard that gave off the impression of _____________________.
(d) Great wealth.
10. What role did Washington accept at the convention in #129?
11. What was the state of Mount Vernon when Washington returned from war?
(d) Somewhat neglected.
12. Washington proved himself to be a strong leader despite the ___________________ of those surrounding him.
(d) Lack of skills.
13. What was the name of the convention in #129?
(a) The Constitutional Convention.
(b) The Revolutionary Convention.
(c) The Confederation Convention.
(d) The Patriot Convention.
14. What did Mount Vernon require from Washington upon his return from war?
(a) Just a little maintenance.
(b) Extensive renovations.
(c) Major landscaping.
(d) Additional rooms added on.
15. Which battle would lead to the surrender of the British army?
(a) The Battle of Yorktown.
(b) The Battle of Richmond.
(c) The Battle of Bunker Hill.
(d) The Battle of Saratoga.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many attempts did it take Washington to imprison Benedict Arnold?
2. Who did Washington appoint as Chief Justice to the Supreme Court?
3. What did Washington do in an attempt to preserve his image for prosperity?
4. Which person close to Washington died at the end of the Revolutionary War?
5. What was Washington reluctant to support in the early years of his Presidency?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)