|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington learned that Benedict Arnold had been conspiring with the British to capture ____________________.
(c) West Point.
(d) New York.
2. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
3. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
4. By what margin did Washington win the presidency of the new country?
5. Valley Forge is located in which state?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
6. In what city was the convention in #129 held?
(b) New York City.
7. As the war raged on in the South, Washington continued to push for a siege of __________________.
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
8. What is a flotilla?
(a) A formation of small warships.
(b) A cannon.
(c) A unit of men.
(d) A weapons wagon.
9. What did Washington look forward to doing after the war?
(a) Becoming a private citizen.
(b) Traveling to Africa.
(c) Running for President.
(d) Meeting the King of France.
10. Who did Washington appoint as Chief Justice to the Supreme Court?
(a) John Jay.
(b) John Adams.
(c) James Calvert.
(d) Henry Clay.
11. Which family member of his died while Washington was ill from the tumor?
(a) His mother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His stepson.
(d) His half-brother.
12. The rebellions in the state in #127 made it clear that the _______________________ needed to be written.
(a) Stamp Act provisions.
(b) Articles of the Confederation.
(c) Declaration of Independence.
(d) First Amendment.
13. What placed a huge burden on Washington's precarious finances?
(a) Paying his soldiers.
(b) Buying more property.
(c) Traveling the world.
(d) Entertaining visitors who wanted to meet him.
14. Washington was involved in the design and construction of the ______________________.
(a) Captiol building.
(b) Washington monument.
(c) Brooklyn Bridge.
(d) Statue of Liberty.
15. Why did Washington agree to host so many visitors at Mount Vernon after the war?
(a) He enjoyed telling his war stories.
(b) He wanted to present a good image for posterity.
(c) He was trying to sway voters.
(d) He hoped to get lucrative donations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the organization formed to support soldiers and their families after the war?
2. How many attempts did it take Washington to imprison Benedict Arnold?
3. Jefferson and Madison argued that Hamilton's Federalists supported ____________________ in America.
4. Washington and his men spent the Winter of 1779 in which New Jersey town?
5. Which of the Founding Fathers achieved a pair of treaties with France, boosting morale at Valley Forge?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)