|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Valley Forge is located in which state?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
2. What part of the country was chosen as the permanent area for the capital?
(a) The Potomac River region.
(b) The Brandywine Valley.
(c) Long Island.
(d) The Ohio River region.
3. In what city did Washington serve as the president of the new country?
(c) New York.
4. Why did many townspeople where Washington's army camped refuse to give the soldiers food and clothing?
(a) They had none to spare.
(b) They didn't know they were needed.
(c) They could sell to the British and make a profit.
(d) They were afraid the British would hang them.
5. What was the name of the treaty John Jay reached with the British that angered the American people?
(a) The Jay Treaty.
(b) The Fairfax Treaty.
(c) The Westmoreland Treaty.
(d) The Nottingham Treaty.
6. The overwhelming problem Washington had to deal with in the Summer of 1794 was a rebellion in Virginia and Pennsylvania against ____________________.
(a) Women's rights.
(b) The income tax.
(c) The whiskey tax.
(d) Civil rights.
7. To deal with his discomfort with strangers, Washington confined social meetings to a weekly ________________ he would hold in his home each Tuesday.
(b) Cocktail party.
(d) Card party.
8. What did Washington do in an attempt to preserve his image for prosperity?
(a) Had people draw caricatures.
(b) Sat for several portraits.
(c) Sat for life masks.
(d) Sketched some self portraits.
9. A short time after the Battle of Monmouth, the _________________ reinforcements arrived to assist Washington.
10. As the war raged on in the South, Washington continued to push for a siege of __________________.
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
11. Where did Washington slip away to while on his way to survey the battles taking place in the South?
(a) Harper's Ferry.
(d) Mount Vernon.
12. By what margin did Washington win the presidency of the new country?
13. What was the name of the convention in #129?
(a) The Constitutional Convention.
(b) The Patriot Convention.
(c) The Revolutionary Convention.
(d) The Confederation Convention.
14. Jefferson and Madison created a party known as the ______________________.
15. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Washington accept at the convention in #129?
2. Who was a French ambassador to the United States during the French Revolution?
3. In late 1786, Washington learned that he would represent _________________ at a convention.
4. What is a flotilla?
5. Washington was always conscious of the __________________ he would leave for future generations.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)