|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington had to borrow _________________ to attend his own inauguration as First President of the United States.
(a) A sword.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A suit.
2. Washington proved himself to be a strong leader despite the ___________________ of those surrounding him.
(a) Lack of skills.
3. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
4. Who was a French ambassador to the United States during the French Revolution?
(a) Jacques Laurent David.
(b) Edmond-Charles Genet.
(c) Charles Phillipe Brun.
(d) Francois Bernard Dupont.
5. What part of the country was chosen as the permanent area for the capital?
(a) The Potomac River region.
(b) The Ohio River region.
(c) Long Island.
(d) The Brandywine Valley.
6. Washington was involved in the design and construction of the ______________________.
(a) Captiol building.
(b) Washington monument.
(c) Brooklyn Bridge.
(d) Statue of Liberty.
7. Which of the following did Washington's men NOT lack at Valley Forge?
8. Washington was always conscious of the __________________ he would leave for future generations.
9. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
10. How many attempts did it take Washington to imprison Benedict Arnold?
(c) He never did.
11. Who was the envoy who Washington sent to England to demand the end of their seizing American ships and imprisoning American citizens they thought were British deserters?
(a) Henry Knox.
(b) William Westmoreland.
(c) James Fairfax.
(d) John Jay.
12. In what city was the convention in #129 held?
(a) New York City.
13. By what margin did Washington win the presidency of the new country?
14. General William Howe was replaced by whom after word of the French treat with the Americans?
(a) General Henry Clinton.
(b) General Henry Fairfax.
(c) General James Lattimore.
(d) General William Burgoyne.
15. What did Washington attend before leaving Philadelphia for retirement?
(a) The launch of the U.S.S. Washington.
(b) Adams' inauguration.
(c) The State of the Union address.
(d) The opening of the White House.
Short Answer Questions
1. A group of men in Washington's army mutinied and killed their officers because ________________________.
2. While struggling financially, Washington toured his properties in __________________ to collect rent and evict squatters.
3. Jefferson and Madison created a party known as the ______________________.
4. Why did Washington agree to host so many visitors at Mount Vernon after the war?
5. What did Mount Vernon require from Washington upon his return from war?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)