|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington struggled all his life with ________________ problems.
2. Washington proved himself to be a strong leader despite the ___________________ of those surrounding him.
(c) Lack of skills.
3. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
4. What was the name of the organization formed to support soldiers and their families after the war?
(a) Sons of the American Revolution.
(b) Sons of Freedom.
(c) Society of the Cincinnati.
(d) Society of Patriots.
5. What did Washington look forward to doing after the war?
(a) Becoming a private citizen.
(b) Running for President.
(c) Meeting the King of France.
(d) Traveling to Africa.
6. Washington found himself in the middle of a controversy as the president of the _______________________ when it came out that membership included a hereditary clause.
(a) Republican party.
(b) Society of Cincinnati.
(d) Knights of Columbus.
7. Why did Washington agree to host so many visitors at Mount Vernon after the war?
(a) He hoped to get lucrative donations.
(b) He enjoyed telling his war stories.
(c) He was trying to sway voters.
(d) He wanted to present a good image for posterity.
8. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
(b) War stories.
(c) Sense of self.
9. Who did Washington appoint as his Secretary of State?
(a) Henry Knox.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) John Adams.
10. How many attempts did it take Washington to imprison Benedict Arnold?
(c) He never did.
11. Washington and his men spent the Winter of 1779 in which New Jersey town?
12. A short time after the Battle of Monmouth, the _________________ reinforcements arrived to assist Washington.
13. What did Washington do in an attempt to preserve his image for prosperity?
(a) Sat for life masks.
(b) Sketched some self portraits.
(c) Had people draw caricatures.
(d) Sat for several portraits.
14. Washington and his army spent the Winter of ________________ in Valley Forge.
15. The rebellions in the state in #127 made it clear that the _______________________ needed to be written.
(a) Declaration of Independence.
(b) Stamp Act provisions.
(c) Articles of the Confederation.
(d) First Amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Washington put efforts toward preserving after the war?
2. Washington learned that Benedict Arnold had been conspiring with the British to capture ____________________.
3. What is a flotilla?
4. In what city was the convention in #129 held?
5. What did Washington help plan while at the location in #102?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)