|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a point of contention between Washington and a foreign dignitary who remained his friend?
(a) Washington would not give him an American military distinction.
(b) Washington would not support the French army.
(c) Washington continued to own slaves.
(d) Washington did not want any military honors.
2. Which battle would lead to the surrender of the British army?
(a) The Battle of Saratoga.
(b) The Battle of Yorktown.
(c) The Battle of Richmond.
(d) The Battle of Bunker Hill.
3. General William Howe was replaced by whom after word of the French treat with the Americans?
(a) General Henry Clinton.
(b) General William Burgoyne.
(c) General James Lattimore.
(d) General Henry Fairfax.
4. Washington felt he needed to live by a certain standard that gave off the impression of _____________________.
(b) Great wealth.
5. Who did Washington appoint as his Secretary of the Treasury?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Henry Knox.
(c) Nathanael Greene.
(d) Wallace Fairfax.
6. What was the name of the organization formed to support soldiers and their families after the war?
(a) Sons of Freedom.
(b) Society of the Cincinnati.
(c) Sons of the American Revolution.
(d) Society of Patriots.
7. What did Mount Vernon require from Washington upon his return from war?
(a) Major landscaping.
(b) Additional rooms added on.
(c) Extensive renovations.
(d) Just a little maintenance.
8. Washington and his army spent the Winter of ________________ in Valley Forge.
9. Valley Forge is located in which state?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
10. What did Washington help plan while at the location in #102?
(a) The blueprints for the White House.
(b) The Declaration of Independence.
(c) The Boston Tea Party.
(d) The Battle of Yorktown.
11. Who helped Washington write his farewell address which was run in several newspapers in 1796?
12. What was the name of the convention in #129?
(a) The Patriot Convention.
(b) The Revolutionary Convention.
(c) The Constitutional Convention.
(d) The Confederation Convention.
13. As the war raged on in the South, Washington continued to push for a siege of __________________.
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
14. Washington was involved in the design and construction of the ______________________.
(a) Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) Statue of Liberty.
(c) Captiol building.
(d) Washington monument.
15. The overwhelming problem Washington had to deal with in the Summer of 1794 was a rebellion in Virginia and Pennsylvania against ____________________.
(a) The whiskey tax.
(b) The income tax.
(c) Civil rights.
(d) Women's rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington struggled all his life with ________________ problems.
2. In what city did Washington serve as the president of the new country?
3. What role did Washington accept at the convention in #129?
4. Within a few months of taking office, Washington became ill with a tumor ________________ that had to be excised by a surgeon.
5. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)