|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rebellions in the state in #127 made it clear that the _______________________ needed to be written.
(a) First Amendment.
(b) Stamp Act provisions.
(c) Declaration of Independence.
(d) Articles of the Confederation.
2. Which of the following was NOT an issue Washington tended to during most of 1782?
(a) Receiving accolades for his war service.
(b) The fate of British prisoners.
(c) Getting pay for soldiers.
(d) Approving war monuments.
3. Jefferson and Madison argued that Hamilton's Federalists supported ____________________ in America.
(a) Civil rights.
(b) The death penalty.
(c) A monarch.
(d) Three political parties.
4. Who was a French ambassador to the United States during the French Revolution?
(a) Jacques Laurent David.
(b) Edmond-Charles Genet.
(c) Charles Phillipe Brun.
(d) Francois Bernard Dupont.
5. What did Washington attend before leaving Philadelphia for retirement?
(a) The launch of the U.S.S. Washington.
(b) The State of the Union address.
(c) Adams' inauguration.
(d) The opening of the White House.
6. In late 1786, Washington learned that he would represent _________________ at a convention.
(b) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
7. A group of men in Washington's army mutinied and killed their officers because ________________________.
(a) They didn't have pay, food or clothing.
(b) They were forced to march twenty miles a day.
(c) They were forced to stand guard for double shifts.
(d) They were forced to march during a blizzard.
8. What did Mount Vernon require from Washington upon his return from war?
(a) Major landscaping.
(b) Additional rooms added on.
(c) Just a little maintenance.
(d) Extensive renovations.
9. What role did Washington accept at the convention in #129?
10. Which family member of his died while Washington was ill from the tumor?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His stepson.
(c) His half-brother.
(d) His mother.
11. What was the state of Mount Vernon when Washington returned from war?
(c) Somewhat neglected.
12. What did Washington put efforts toward preserving after the war?
(a) His friendships.
(b) His uniforms.
(c) His war papers.
(d) His weapons.
13. Valley Forge is located in which state?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
14. How many attempts did it take Washington to imprison Benedict Arnold?
(c) He never did.
15. Who did Washington appoint as Chief Justice to the Supreme Court?
(a) Henry Clay.
(b) John Jay.
(c) John Adams.
(d) James Calvert.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was the convention in #129 held?
2. Which foreign dignitary did Washington remain friends with after the war?
3. Which battle would lead to the surrender of the British army?
4. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
5. Which of the following was NOT among Washington's strongest supporters at one time, but who now wrote negative essays about him which were published?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)