|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which battle would lead to the surrender of the British army?
(a) The Battle of Bunker Hill.
(b) The Battle of Richmond.
(c) The Battle of Yorktown.
(d) The Battle of Saratoga.
2. As the war raged on in the South, Washington continued to push for a siege of __________________.
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
3. Washington and his men spent the Winter of 1779 in which New Jersey town?
4. In what city did Washington serve as the president of the new country?
(c) New York.
5. What was Washington reluctant to support in the early years of his Presidency?
(a) The Ohio Valley Treaty.
(b) British Import Act.
(c) The Spanish Embargo Act.
(d) The French Revolution.
6. Jefferson and Madison argued that Hamilton's Federalists supported ____________________ in America.
(a) Three political parties.
(b) The death penalty.
(c) A monarch.
(d) Civil rights.
7. Who was the envoy who Washington sent to England to demand the end of their seizing American ships and imprisoning American citizens they thought were British deserters?
(a) William Westmoreland.
(b) John Jay.
(c) James Fairfax.
(d) Henry Knox.
8. What was the state of Mount Vernon when Washington returned from war?
(a) Somewhat neglected.
9. Which of the following was NOT among Washington's strongest supporters at one time, but who now wrote negative essays about him which were published?
10. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
11. Washington struggled all his life with ________________ problems.
12. In late 1786, Washington learned that he would represent _________________ at a convention.
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New York.
13. The overwhelming problem Washington had to deal with in the Summer of 1794 was a rebellion in Virginia and Pennsylvania against ____________________.
(a) Civil rights.
(b) The income tax.
(c) Women's rights.
(d) The whiskey tax.
14. Who did Washington appoint as Chief Justice to the Supreme Court?
(a) Henry Clay.
(b) John Jay.
(c) John Adams.
(d) James Calvert.
15. A short time after the Battle of Monmouth, the _________________ reinforcements arrived to assist Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington learned that Benedict Arnold had been conspiring with the British to capture ____________________.
2. Which of the following did Washington's men NOT lack at Valley Forge?
3. What did Mount Vernon require from Washington upon his return from war?
4. By what margin did Washington win the presidency of the new country?
5. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)