|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Washington help plan while at the location in #102?
(a) The Battle of Yorktown.
(b) The blueprints for the White House.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The Boston Tea Party.
2. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
3. Washington learned that Benedict Arnold had been conspiring with the British to capture ____________________.
(b) New York.
(c) West Point.
4. Which battle would lead to the surrender of the British army?
(a) The Battle of Saratoga.
(b) The Battle of Richmond.
(c) The Battle of Bunker Hill.
(d) The Battle of Yorktown.
5. Washington was chronically in debt because _______________________.
(a) Martha spent too much on new clothes.
(b) He lived beyond his means.
(c) He extensively traveled the world.
(d) He was extremely generous to charities.
6. In 1790, the Residence Act was passed, making _____________________ the temporary capital of the country.
(c) New York.
7. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
(a) War stories.
(b) Sense of self.
8. Jefferson and Madison argued that Hamilton's Federalists supported ____________________ in America.
(a) The death penalty.
(b) Civil rights.
(c) Three political parties.
(d) A monarch.
9. The overwhelming problem Washington had to deal with in the Summer of 1794 was a rebellion in Virginia and Pennsylvania against ____________________.
(a) Women's rights.
(b) The whiskey tax.
(c) The income tax.
(d) Civil rights.
10. Which of the Founding Fathers achieved a pair of treaties with France, boosting morale at Valley Forge?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) John Adams.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
11. In the Spring of 1780, Cornwallis and Clinton took a flotilla to ______________________.
(a) New York.
(b) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
12. Washington found himself in the middle of a controversy as the president of the _______________________ when it came out that membership included a hereditary clause.
(a) Society of Cincinnati.
(c) Knights of Columbus.
(d) Republican party.
13. As the war raged on in the South, Washington continued to push for a siege of __________________.
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
14. Alexander Hamilton delivered the Report on Public Credit that included his assertion that the federal government should take on the states' debts ________________________.
(a) For road construction.
(b) To build universities.
(c) Incurred by the war.
(d) Left over from the Stamp Act.
15. Where did Washington slip away to while on his way to survey the battles taking place in the South?
(a) Mount Vernon.
(c) Harper's Ferry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Washington attend before leaving Philadelphia for retirement?
2. Washington was involved in the design and construction of the ______________________.
3. What was Washington reluctant to support in the early years of his Presidency?
4. While struggling financially, Washington toured his properties in __________________ to collect rent and evict squatters.
5. Who was a French ambassador to the United States during the French Revolution?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)