|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mount Vernon require from Washington upon his return from war?
(a) Major landscaping.
(b) Just a little maintenance.
(c) Extensive renovations.
(d) Additional rooms added on.
2. Which of the following did Washington's men NOT lack at Valley Forge?
3. Washington learned that Benedict Arnold had been conspiring with the British to capture ____________________.
(a) New York.
(b) West Point.
4. In the Spring of 1780, Cornwallis and Clinton took a flotilla to ______________________.
(a) North Carolina.
(b) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
5. A group of men in Washington's army mutinied and killed their officers because ________________________.
(a) They were forced to march during a blizzard.
(b) They were forced to march twenty miles a day.
(c) They didn't have pay, food or clothing.
(d) They were forced to stand guard for double shifts.
6. Washington struggled all his life with ________________ problems.
7. Washington found himself in the middle of a controversy as the president of the _______________________ when it came out that membership included a hereditary clause.
(a) Republican party.
(b) Society of Cincinnati.
(d) Knights of Columbus.
8. Jefferson and Madison argued that Hamilton's Federalists supported ____________________ in America.
(a) A monarch.
(b) The death penalty.
(c) Civil rights.
(d) Three political parties.
9. The overwhelming problem Washington had to deal with in the Summer of 1794 was a rebellion in Virginia and Pennsylvania against ____________________.
(a) The whiskey tax.
(b) Civil rights.
(c) Women's rights.
(d) The income tax.
10. Washington was involved in the design and construction of the ______________________.
(a) Captiol building.
(b) Statue of Liberty.
(c) Washington monument.
(d) Brooklyn Bridge.
11. What was a point of contention between Washington and a foreign dignitary who remained his friend?
(a) Washington did not want any military honors.
(b) Washington continued to own slaves.
(c) Washington would not support the French army.
(d) Washington would not give him an American military distinction.
12. In the period following the Revolutionary War, there began a string of rebellions in which state?
(c) New York.
13. How many attempts did it take Washington to imprison Benedict Arnold?
(b) He never did.
14. Washington proved himself to be a strong leader despite the ___________________ of those surrounding him.
(b) Lack of skills.
15. In what city did Washington serve as the president of the new country?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
2. Alexander Hamilton delivered the Report on Public Credit that included his assertion that the federal government should take on the states' debts ________________________.
3. Jefferson and Madison created a party known as the ______________________.
4. What was the name of the convention in #129?
5. What is a flotilla?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)