|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a flotilla?
(a) A weapons wagon.
(b) A cannon.
(c) A formation of small warships.
(d) A unit of men.
2. In late 1786, Washington learned that he would represent _________________ at a convention.
(c) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
3. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
4. In the period following the Revolutionary War, there began a string of rebellions in which state?
(a) New York.
5. Washington proved himself to be a strong leader despite the ___________________ of those surrounding him.
(d) Lack of skills.
6. To deal with his discomfort with strangers, Washington confined social meetings to a weekly ________________ he would hold in his home each Tuesday.
(b) Card party.
(d) Cocktail party.
7. In what city did Washington serve as the president of the new country?
(c) New York.
8. Why did many townspeople where Washington's army camped refuse to give the soldiers food and clothing?
(a) They could sell to the British and make a profit.
(b) They had none to spare.
(c) They were afraid the British would hang them.
(d) They didn't know they were needed.
9. What was the name of the organization formed to support soldiers and their families after the war?
(a) Society of the Cincinnati.
(b) Society of Patriots.
(c) Sons of Freedom.
(d) Sons of the American Revolution.
10. Which of the Founding Fathers achieved a pair of treaties with France, boosting morale at Valley Forge?
(a) George Washington.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
11. While struggling financially, Washington toured his properties in __________________ to collect rent and evict squatters.
(a) New England.
(c) The Ohio Valley.
12. Washington felt he needed to live by a certain standard that gave off the impression of _____________________.
(a) Great wealth.
13. In what city was the convention in #129 held?
(b) New York City.
14. What did Washington attend before leaving Philadelphia for retirement?
(a) The opening of the White House.
(b) Adams' inauguration.
(c) The launch of the U.S.S. Washington.
(d) The State of the Union address.
15. Washington struggled all his life with ________________ problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. The overwhelming problem Washington had to deal with in the Summer of 1794 was a rebellion in Virginia and Pennsylvania against ____________________.
2. What was the state of Mount Vernon when Washington returned from war?
3. The rebellions in the state in #127 made it clear that the _______________________ needed to be written.
4. What was a point of contention between Washington and a foreign dignitary who remained his friend?
5. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)