|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Washington slip away to while on his way to survey the battles taking place in the South?
(b) Mount Vernon.
(d) Harper's Ferry.
2. Which of the following was NOT an issue Washington tended to during most of 1782?
(a) Getting pay for soldiers.
(b) Receiving accolades for his war service.
(c) Approving war monuments.
(d) The fate of British prisoners.
3. Alexander Hamilton delivered the Report on Public Credit that included his assertion that the federal government should take on the states' debts ________________________.
(a) For road construction.
(b) Incurred by the war.
(c) Left over from the Stamp Act.
(d) To build universities.
4. What was the state of Mount Vernon when Washington returned from war?
(b) Somewhat neglected.
5. Who helped Washington write his farewell address which was run in several newspapers in 1796?
6. As the war raged on in the South, Washington continued to push for a siege of __________________.
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
7. In the period following the Revolutionary War, there began a string of rebellions in which state?
(a) New York.
8. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
9. Which of the following was NOT among Washington's strongest supporters at one time, but who now wrote negative essays about him which were published?
10. Washington was chronically in debt because _______________________.
(a) He lived beyond his means.
(b) He was extremely generous to charities.
(c) Martha spent too much on new clothes.
(d) He extensively traveled the world.
11. What part of the country was chosen as the permanent area for the capital?
(a) Long Island.
(b) The Brandywine Valley.
(c) The Potomac River region.
(d) The Ohio River region.
12. Jefferson and Madison argued that Hamilton's Federalists supported ____________________ in America.
(a) A monarch.
(b) Three political parties.
(c) The death penalty.
(d) Civil rights.
13. The rebellions in the state in #127 made it clear that the _______________________ needed to be written.
(a) Declaration of Independence.
(b) Articles of the Confederation.
(c) First Amendment.
(d) Stamp Act provisions.
14. How many years did Washington spend as President of the United States?
15. In what city did Washington serve as the president of the new country?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington found himself in the middle of a controversy as the president of the _______________________ when it came out that membership included a hereditary clause.
2. Which family member of his died while Washington was ill from the tumor?
3. Who did Washington appoint as his Secretary of State?
4. Valley Forge is located in which state?
5. What did Washington do in an attempt to preserve his image for prosperity?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)