|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the commander of West Point in the Fall of 1780?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Patrick Henry.
(c) Paul Revere.
(d) Benedict Arnold.
2. As the war raged on in the South, Washington continued to push for a siege of __________________.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
3. Washington learned that Benedict Arnold had been conspiring with the British to capture ____________________.
(a) West Point.
(c) New York.
4. In the Spring of 1780, Cornwallis and Clinton took a flotilla to ______________________.
(a) New York.
(b) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
5. In late 1786, Washington learned that he would represent _________________ at a convention.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
6. Where did Washington slip away to while on his way to survey the battles taking place in the South?
(b) Mount Vernon.
(d) Harper's Ferry.
7. What did Washington attend before leaving Philadelphia for retirement?
(a) The launch of the U.S.S. Washington.
(b) The State of the Union address.
(c) Adams' inauguration.
(d) The opening of the White House.
8. What role did Washington accept at the convention in #129?
9. General William Howe was replaced by whom after word of the French treat with the Americans?
(a) General Henry Fairfax.
(b) General Henry Clinton.
(c) General James Lattimore.
(d) General William Burgoyne.
10. Which of the following was NOT an issue Washington tended to during most of 1782?
(a) Receiving accolades for his war service.
(b) Getting pay for soldiers.
(c) Approving war monuments.
(d) The fate of British prisoners.
11. Which of the Founding Fathers achieved a pair of treaties with France, boosting morale at Valley Forge?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) George Washington.
12. What did Washington do in an attempt to preserve his image for prosperity?
(a) Sat for several portraits.
(b) Sat for life masks.
(c) Sketched some self portraits.
(d) Had people draw caricatures.
13. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
14. By what margin did Washington win the presidency of the new country?
15. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT among Washington's strongest supporters at one time, but who now wrote negative essays about him which were published?
2. What did Washington put efforts toward preserving after the war?
3. Washington was involved in the design and construction of the ______________________.
4. What part of the country was chosen as the permanent area for the capital?
5. Which of the following was NOT strained when Washington was forced to entertain so many visitors after the war?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)