|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While struggling financially, Washington toured his properties in __________________ to collect rent and evict squatters.
(c) The Ohio Valley.
(d) New England.
2. Who was a French ambassador to the United States during the French Revolution?
(a) Charles Phillipe Brun.
(b) Francois Bernard Dupont.
(c) Edmond-Charles Genet.
(d) Jacques Laurent David.
3. Which of the Founding Fathers achieved a pair of treaties with France, boosting morale at Valley Forge?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) John Adams.
4. Washington felt he needed to live by a certain standard that gave off the impression of _____________________.
(a) Great wealth.
5. How old was the person in #105 when he/she died in 1781?
6. What was the name of the convention in #129?
(a) The Constitutional Convention.
(b) The Confederation Convention.
(c) The Patriot Convention.
(d) The Revolutionary Convention.
7. Washington found himself __________________ by the poor attitude of the very people he and his soldiers were fighting for.
8. Which of the following was NOT among Washington's strongest supporters at one time, but who now wrote negative essays about him which were published?
9. The rebellions in the state in #127 made it clear that the _______________________ needed to be written.
(a) Declaration of Independence.
(b) Articles of the Confederation.
(c) Stamp Act provisions.
(d) First Amendment.
10. In 1790, the Residence Act was passed, making _____________________ the temporary capital of the country.
(a) New York.
11. What was the name of the organization formed to support soldiers and their families after the war?
(a) Society of the Cincinnati.
(b) Sons of Freedom.
(c) Society of Patriots.
(d) Sons of the American Revolution.
12. As the war raged on in the South, Washington continued to push for a siege of __________________.
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
13. Washington learned that Benedict Arnold had been conspiring with the British to capture ____________________.
(a) West Point.
(c) New York.
14. Who did Washington appoint as his Secretary of the Treasury?
(a) Henry Knox.
(b) Wallace Fairfax.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Nathanael Greene.
15. What placed a huge burden on Washington's precarious finances?
(a) Traveling the world.
(b) Paying his soldiers.
(c) Entertaining visitors who wanted to meet him.
(d) Buying more property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Washington look forward to doing after the war?
2. Washington struggled all his life with ________________ problems.
3. Who was the envoy who Washington sent to England to demand the end of their seizing American ships and imprisoning American citizens they thought were British deserters?
4. Washington had to borrow _________________ to attend his own inauguration as First President of the United States.
5. Which person close to Washington died at the end of the Revolutionary War?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)