|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the state of Mount Vernon when Washington returned from war?
(c) Somewhat neglected.
2. The rebellions in the state in #127 made it clear that the _______________________ needed to be written.
(a) Articles of the Confederation.
(b) First Amendment.
(c) Stamp Act provisions.
(d) Declaration of Independence.
3. In 1790, the Residence Act was passed, making _____________________ the temporary capital of the country.
(d) New York.
4. How many years did Washington spend as President of the United States?
5. Why did many townspeople where Washington's army camped refuse to give the soldiers food and clothing?
(a) They had none to spare.
(b) They didn't know they were needed.
(c) They could sell to the British and make a profit.
(d) They were afraid the British would hang them.
6. What disease broke out in Washington in 1793?
(b) Yellow Fever.
7. What was the name of the organization formed to support soldiers and their families after the war?
(a) Sons of the American Revolution.
(b) Society of the Cincinnati.
(c) Society of Patriots.
(d) Sons of Freedom.
8. Where did Washington slip away to while on his way to survey the battles taking place in the South?
(a) Harper's Ferry.
(b) Mount Vernon.
9. General William Howe was replaced by whom after word of the French treat with the Americans?
(a) General James Lattimore.
(b) General Henry Fairfax.
(c) General William Burgoyne.
(d) General Henry Clinton.
10. Washington and his men spent the Winter of 1779 in which New Jersey town?
11. What did Mount Vernon require from Washington upon his return from war?
(a) Additional rooms added on.
(b) Extensive renovations.
(c) Just a little maintenance.
(d) Major landscaping.
12. Jefferson and Madison argued that Hamilton's Federalists supported ____________________ in America.
(a) A monarch.
(b) Three political parties.
(c) The death penalty.
(d) Civil rights.
13. Which family member of his died while Washington was ill from the tumor?
(a) His stepson.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His half-brother.
14. Why did Washington agree to host so many visitors at Mount Vernon after the war?
(a) He was trying to sway voters.
(b) He hoped to get lucrative donations.
(c) He enjoyed telling his war stories.
(d) He wanted to present a good image for posterity.
15. In what city did Washington serve as the president of the new country?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the war raged on in the South, Washington continued to push for a siege of __________________.
2. Which of the Founding Fathers achieved a pair of treaties with France, boosting morale at Valley Forge?
3. How many years was Washington gone from his home to lead the Revolutionary army?
4. Washington was involved in the design and construction of the ______________________.
5. Washington was chronically in debt because _______________________.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)