|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Washington and Martha have of their own?
2. Which river did Washington and his men cross during the night for a surprise attack on a Hessian garrison in Trenton?
(a) The Trenton River.
(b) The Princeton River.
(c) The Delaware River.
(d) The Hudson River.
3. What was the outcome of the resolutions presented to the Fairfax County committee?
(a) The Patriot Resolves.
(b) The Virginia Resolves.
(c) The Virginia Resolves.
(d) The Fairfax Resolves.
4. Which general asked Washington to be his aide-de-camp because of Washington's frontier experience?
(a) Major General Edward Braddock.
(b) General Richard Burlingame.
(c) General Frederick N. Burgoyne.
(d) Major General Edward R. Pence.
5. What was the name of Washington's home?
(a) Mount Vernon.
(b) Fairfax Glen.
(d) White House Farm.
6. When Washington married the woman in #53, he became a very wealthy man by appearances only because much of the money was set aside for _________________________.
(a) The military.
(b) The county.
(c) Her children.
7. By what nickname was Washington's stepson, John Parke Custis, known?
(d) John Boy.
8. Who was the woman Washington held a mildly flirtatious relationship with for many years?
(a) Peggy Granson.
(b) Jemma Maddox.
(c) Sally Fairfax.
(d) Cecily Clintock.
9. In the Fall on 1755, Washington was made supreme commander of all military forces in _______________.
(a) South Carolina.
10. How many British ships arrived in the East River while Washington's men were positioned in Harlem?
(a) About a hundred.
(b) One thousand.
(c) About fifty.
(d) Nearly five hundred.
11. What was the fort that Washington and his men used in the campaign against the French in 1754?
(a) Fort Benning.
(b) Fort Austerity.
(c) Fort Necessity.
(d) Fort Freedom.
12. What came along with Washington's marriage to Martha?
(a) The stigma of divorce.
(b) A substantial estate for her children.
(c) Restrictions of a family.
(d) Love he had never experienced before.
13. Washington was born to a family of men who ____________________.
(a) Were artists.
(b) Became politicians.
(c) Worked in law.
(d) Died young.
14. How many resolutions were presented in #46?
15. Which battle took place the day after the Battle of Trenton?
(a) The Battle of Richmond.
(b) The Battle of Princeton.
(c) The Battle of Albany.
(d) The Battle of Syracuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Washington inherit Mount Vernon?
2. Washington pursued a career as a/an ___________________ when his mother denied his joining the Royal Navy.
3. Throughout his life, Washington would have a fascination with _______________.
4. What was the name of the farm inherited by Washington's eldest half-brother?
5. On the night of September 14-15, five British ships dropped anchor in ___________________, demolishing American defenses.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)