|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the night of September 14-15, five British ships dropped anchor in ___________________, demolishing American defenses.
(a) Kip's Bay.
(b) Sheepshead Bay.
(c) Oyster Bay.
(d) Algonquin Bay.
2. Washington would spend the rest of his life in the role of ___________________________.
(a) County commissioner.
(b) Executor of the Custis estate.
(c) Church of England deacon.
(d) Ungrateful son.
3. Who did Washington decide to marry?
(a) Martha Custis.
(b) Sally Fairfax.
(c) Elizabeth Lafayette.
(d) Jane Hemings.
4. How old was George Washington when his father died?
5. Why would Washington feel inadequate around people all his life?
(a) He started to go bald at an early age.
(b) He had wooden teeth.
(c) He was so much taller than everyone else.
(d) The lack of a formal education.
6. What was the French stronghold in the Ohio Valley?
(a) Fort Orleans.
(b) Fort Lafayette.
(c) Fort Duquesne.
(d) Fort Beaulieu.
7. Who was Washington's eldest half-brother with whom he spent a lot of time after his father's death?
8. How many children did Washington's father have with his first wife?
9. In 1774, Washington was one of several Virginia delegates to attend the first ________________________.
(a) Boston Tea Party.
(b) Continental Congress.
(c) House of Burgesses.
(d) Fairfax Consortium.
10. How many children did Washington and Martha have of their own?
11. Which of the following was NOT an issue that Washington battled with Congress over?
(a) The need to change the color of uniforms.
(b) The need for more supplies.
(c) The need for more soldiers.
(d) The right to choose his own generals.
12. What was the name of Washington's home?
(b) Fairfax Glen.
(c) Mount Vernon.
(d) White House Farm.
13. How many children did the woman have when she married Washington?
14. Washington was an accomplished __________________.
15. Why was Washington envious of Jacky Custis?
(a) Jacky had thick, dark hair.
(b) Jacky had a good sense of humor.
(c) Jacky had the opportunity for a formal education.
(d) Jacky had broad shoulders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington met with ____________________ who presented him with resolutions to be presented to the Fairfax County committee.
2. What was the surname of Martha's children?
3. What was the fort that Washington and his men used in the campaign against the French in 1754?
4. When did Washington inherit Mount Vernon?
5. Which of the following did Washington NOT provide for his slaves?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)