|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did NOT plague Washington after the Battle of Saratoga?
(a) Rumors of replacing him as the leader of the army.
(b) Insubordination among his generals.
(c) Distrust within Congress.
(d) A bout of pneumonia.
2. How many children did Washington and Martha have of their own?
3. Throughout his life, Washington would have a fascination with _______________.
4. Two Northern generals who played an important part in Washington's future were Nathanael Greene and _______.
(a) Philip Lafayette.
(b) James Brandywine.
(c) Henry Knox.
(d) George Morgan.
5. When Washington married Martha, the slave population at Mount Vernon ____________________.
(a) Was eliminated.
(b) More than doubled.
(c) Decreased by half.
6. In 1774, Washington was one of several Virginia delegates to attend the first ________________________.
(a) Continental Congress.
(b) Boston Tea Party.
(c) Fairfax Consortium.
(d) House of Burgesses.
7. After the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses for the second time, Washington and several other men met secretly and agreed to ______________________.
(a) Cease all imports.
(b) Meet with the King of England.
(c) Establish a local government.
(d) Tax tea.
8. How many children did the woman have when she married Washington?
9. How many British ships arrived in the East River while Washington's men were positioned in Harlem?
(a) About a hundred.
(b) One thousand.
(c) About fifty.
(d) Nearly five hundred.
10. Which of the following did Washington NOT provide for his slaves?
11. In 1765, to defray war costs, Parliament enacted the _____________________.
(a) American Federation Act.
(b) Stamp Act.
(c) Declaration of Independence.
(d) Boston Tea Party.
12. Why was Jacky Custis not motivated to get an education?
(a) He didn't think he needed one to become a farmer.
(b) He knew his stepfather would take care of him.
(c) He was basically a person with no ambition.
(d) He knew he would inherit his father's estate one day.
13. Which battle took place the day after the Battle of Trenton?
(a) The Battle of Syracuse.
(b) The Battle of Albany.
(c) The Battle of Richmond.
(d) The Battle of Princeton.
14. What was the name of Washington's home?
(b) White House Farm.
(c) Fairfax Glen.
(d) Mount Vernon.
15. Washington saw himself as a/an _________________ slaveholder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Washington feel inadequate around people all his life?
2. What came along with Washington's marriage to Martha?
3. In the Fall on 1755, Washington was made supreme commander of all military forces in _______________.
4. Which general asked Washington to be his aide-de-camp because of Washington's frontier experience?
5. Washington was born to a family of men who ____________________.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)