|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the surname of Martha's children?
2. Who was the woman Washington held a mildly flirtatious relationship with for many years?
(a) Cecily Clintock.
(b) Jemma Maddox.
(c) Sally Fairfax.
(d) Peggy Granson.
3. Washington organized his own group of aides to include Captain Alexander Hamilton and____________________.
(a) Captain Henry Stanton.
(b) Lt. Colonel Nathanael Fairfax.
(c) Marquis de Lafayette.
(d) Major Benjamin Greene.
4. Where did the British troops go after Washington's army drove them out of Boston?
(b) New York.
5. On which piece of American currency does George Washington's picture appear?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A silver dollar.
(c) The one dollar bill.
(d) The twenty dollar bill.
6. Washington was an accomplished __________________.
7. What was the fort that Washington and his men used in the campaign against the French in 1754?
(a) Fort Freedom.
(b) Fort Necessity.
(c) Fort Benning.
(d) Fort Austerity.
8. The people of which states continued to support the British during the Revolutionary War?
(a) South Carolina and Virginia.
(b) New York and New Jersey.
(c) New York and Virginia.
(d) New Jersey and North Carolina.
9. In 1765, to defray war costs, Parliament enacted the _____________________.
(a) Declaration of Independence.
(b) Boston Tea Party.
(c) American Federation Act.
(d) Stamp Act.
10. George and Martha Washington married in January of what year?
11. How many miles did Washington's men have to march after crossing the river in #73 to catch the Hessians unaware?
12. What does Ron Chernow base this book on George Washington?
(a) Washington's archived presidential documents.
(b) Papers of Washington's generals.
(c) Martha Washington's journals.
(d) Washington's newly discovered papers.
13. In the Fall of 1777, Washington wasted men and ammunition in attempting to take a British stronghold called _____________________.
(b) Danbury Creek.
(c) Chew house.
(d) Saratoga Springs.
14. Which office did Washington run for and win?
(a) Mayor of Cornwall.
(b) A seat on the Richmond, Virginia, town council.
(c) Governor of Virginia.
(d) A seat in the Frederick County House of Burgesses.
15. How old was George Washington when his father died?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Washington married Martha, the slave population at Mount Vernon ____________________.
2. What was the French stronghold in the Ohio Valley?
3. On the night of September 14-15, five British ships dropped anchor in ___________________, demolishing American defenses.
4. What event occurred which sent shockwaves through the colonies after the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses?
5. Washington's father had _______________ children with Washington's mother.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)