|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Washington NOT provide for his slaves?
2. Where did the British troops go after Washington's army drove them out of Boston?
(c) New York.
3. How many British ships arrived in the East River while Washington's men were positioned in Harlem?
(a) About a hundred.
(b) Nearly five hundred.
(c) About fifty.
(d) One thousand.
4. Washington was born to a family of men who ____________________.
(a) Died young.
(b) Worked in law.
(c) Were artists.
(d) Became politicians.
5. Which office did Washington run for and win?
(a) Mayor of Cornwall.
(b) Governor of Virginia.
(c) A seat on the Richmond, Virginia, town council.
(d) A seat in the Frederick County House of Burgesses.
6. In the Fall on 1755, Washington was made supreme commander of all military forces in _______________.
(b) South Carolina.
7. Which river did Washington and his men cross during the night for a surprise attack on a Hessian garrison in Trenton?
(a) The Princeton River.
(b) The Hudson River.
(c) The Trenton River.
(d) The Delaware River.
8. In which New Jersey city did Washington and his men spend the winter of 1777?
9. Which fort was Washington forced to watch the British decimate, forcing his troops to surrender?
(a) Fort Bennington.
(b) Fort Washington.
(c) Fort Perry.
(d) Fort Lee.
10. Which army did Washington join in 1754?
11. Washington's stepdaughter, Patsy, died from a bout of _________________.
12. Washington quickly became aware of the difficulty of _____________________________.
(a) Relying on imports from Britain.
(b) Editing a newspaper.
(c) Raising stepchildren.
(d) Running a farm.
13. When Washington married Martha, the slave population at Mount Vernon ____________________.
(a) More than doubled.
(b) Decreased by half.
(d) Was eliminated.
14. The British soldiers overwhelmed Washington's men on Long Island, taking advantage of a gaping hole in their defenses along ________________________.
(b) Jamaica Pass.
(c) Long Island Sound.
15. Why would Washington feel inadequate around people all his life?
(a) He started to go bald at an early age.
(b) The lack of a formal education.
(c) He had wooden teeth.
(d) He was so much taller than everyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout his life, Washington would have a fascination with _______________.
2. Which country enacted the Townshend Acts which placed duties on more goods sold to American colonists?
3. To what state did Washington march his troops after the losses in New York?
4. Washington's seat in the House of Burgesses gained him __________________________.
5. When did Washington inherit Mount Vernon?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)