|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Washington feel inadequate around people all his life?
(a) The lack of a formal education.
(b) He started to go bald at an early age.
(c) He had wooden teeth.
(d) He was so much taller than everyone else.
2. How many children did Washington's father have with his first wife?
3. Washington lost most of his support in Congress with the loss of which city?
(d) Saratoga Springs.
4. Another decisive defeat of Washington's men by the British took place on Chatterton's Hill as both armies moved to dominate the ______________________.
(a) Schenectady River.
(b) New York River.
(c) Hudson River.
(d) Olentangy River.
5. How long was Washington able to hold Manhattan after the British began their offensive?
(a) Five days.
(b) Four months.
(c) One month.
(d) Three weeks.
6. Washington would spend the rest of his life in the role of ___________________________.
(a) Church of England deacon.
(b) Executor of the Custis estate.
(c) Ungrateful son.
(d) County commissioner.
7. Why did Washington like spending so much time with his eldest half-brother at his farm?
(a) He wanted to learn a trade.
(b) He wanted to escape his critical mother.
(c) He managed the farm.
(d) He could talk about his father with him.
8. Which fort was Washington forced to watch the British decimate, forcing his troops to surrender?
(a) Fort Lee.
(b) Fort Washington.
(c) Fort Perry.
(d) Fort Bennington.
9. Washington was born to a family of men who ____________________.
(a) Were artists.
(b) Died young.
(c) Became politicians.
(d) Worked in law.
10. Washington was an accomplished __________________.
11. To what state did Washington march his troops after the losses in New York?
12. How old was George Washington when his father died?
13. How many miles did Washington's men have to march after crossing the river in #73 to catch the Hessians unaware?
14. Which battle took place the day after the Battle of Trenton?
(a) The Battle of Princeton.
(b) The Battle of Albany.
(c) The Battle of Syracuse.
(d) The Battle of Richmond.
15. Which office did Washington run for and win?
(a) A seat in the Frederick County House of Burgesses.
(b) Mayor of Cornwall.
(c) Governor of Virginia.
(d) A seat on the Richmond, Virginia, town council.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington looked to his home as a way of creating for himself the appearance of a_______________________.
2. When Washington married the woman in #53, he became a very wealthy man by appearances only because much of the money was set aside for _________________________.
3. Who was George Washington's father?
4. Washington was quite social and was often the center of attention with ________________.
5. Who was Washington's eldest half-brother with whom he spent a lot of time after his father's death?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)