Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1754, Washington led his troops into which region to fight the French?
(a) Michigan woods.
(b) Georgia wetlands.
(c) Ohio Country.
(d) Virginia hills.
2. Why would Washington feel inadequate around people all his life?
(a) He started to go bald at an early age.
(b) The lack of a formal education.
(c) He had wooden teeth.
(d) He was so much taller than everyone else.
3. Which office did Washington run for and win?
(a) A seat on the Richmond, Virginia, town council.
(b) A seat in the Frederick County House of Burgesses.
(c) Governor of Virginia.
(d) Mayor of Cornwall.
4. How many children did Washington and Martha have of their own?
5. Who was the artist who painted Washington's portrait that appears on American currency?
(a) Giles Simonson.
(b) Gilbert Stuart.
(c) Gamble Stockstill.
(d) Gerard Stillwell.
6. Who was the first husband of Washington's wife?
(a) Nathaniel David Bryce.
(b) John James Cochran.
(c) Benjamin Joseph Hargrove.
(d) Daniel Parke Custis.
7. When did Washington inherit Mount Vernon?
(a) When his father died.
(b) When his mother died.
(c) When he turned twenty-one.
(d) When his brother's wife and sister died.
8. What was the name of the farm inherited by Washington's eldest half-brother?
(c) Mount Vernon.
(d) Twelve Oaks.
9. What event occurred which sent shockwaves through the colonies after the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses?
(a) The Battle of Bunker Hill.
(b) The Continental Congress.
(c) The Boston Tea Party.
(d) Paul Revere's Ride.
10. The British soldiers overwhelmed Washington's men on Long Island, taking advantage of a gaping hole in their defenses along ________________________.
(a) Long Island Sound.
(d) Jamaica Pass.
11. Where did the British troops go after Washington's army drove them out of Boston?
(b) New York.
12. Who did Washington decide to marry?
(a) Martha Custis.
(b) Sally Fairfax.
(c) Elizabeth Lafayette.
(d) Jane Hemings.
13. In 1765, to defray war costs, Parliament enacted the _____________________.
(a) American Federation Act.
(b) Declaration of Independence.
(c) Stamp Act.
(d) Boston Tea Party.
14. What did Washington do with a copy of the Declaration of Independence when it arrived when he was in New York with his troops?
(a) He burned it.
(b) He had it read to his men.
(c) He sent it back to the writers with some edits.
(d) He framed it and hung it in his office.
15. What was the outcome of the resolutions presented to the Fairfax County committee?
(a) The Fairfax Resolves.
(b) The Patriot Resolves.
(c) The Virginia Resolves.
(d) The Virginia Resolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of which states continued to support the British during the Revolutionary War?
2. Which general asked Washington to be his aide-de-camp because of Washington's frontier experience?
3. After the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses for the second time, Washington and several other men met secretly and agreed to ______________________.
4. Who was Washington's eldest half-brother with whom he spent a lot of time after his father's death?
5. In what month and year was the portrait of George Washington painted?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)