|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Washington feel inadequate around people all his life?
(a) He started to go bald at an early age.
(b) He had wooden teeth.
(c) He was so much taller than everyone else.
(d) The lack of a formal education.
2. Which of the following did NOT plague Washington after the Battle of Saratoga?
(a) Distrust within Congress.
(b) A bout of pneumonia.
(c) Rumors of replacing him as the leader of the army.
(d) Insubordination among his generals.
3. Which country enacted the Townshend Acts which placed duties on more goods sold to American colonists?
4. Throughout his life, Washington would have a fascination with _______________.
5. When Washington married Martha, the slave population at Mount Vernon ____________________.
(a) Decreased by half.
(c) More than doubled.
(d) Was eliminated.
6. Washington looked to his home as a way of creating for himself the appearance of a_______________________.
(a) Rigid slave owner.
(b) Political candidate.
(c) Military man.
(d) Wealthy plantation owner.
7. In which New Jersey city did Washington and his men spend the winter of 1777?
8. In the Summer of 1777, the British made a move toward __________________, so Washington moved his army quickly into the city.
9. Which general asked Washington to be his aide-de-camp because of Washington's frontier experience?
(a) Major General Edward Braddock.
(b) General Frederick N. Burgoyne.
(c) Major General Edward R. Pence.
(d) General Richard Burlingame.
10. How old was George Washington when his father died?
11. How many British ships arrived in the East River while Washington's men were positioned in Harlem?
(a) About a hundred.
(b) About fifty.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Nearly five hundred.
12. In the Fall on 1755, Washington was made supreme commander of all military forces in _______________.
(a) South Carolina.
13. How many resolutions were presented in #46?
14. Washington was a distinguished soldier in the _______________________.
(a) French and Indian War.
(b) Chadwick Campaign.
(c) Battle of Brandywine.
(d) Road to Richmond.
15. What was the French stronghold in the Ohio Valley?
(a) Fort Beaulieu.
(b) Fort Lafayette.
(c) Fort Orleans.
(d) Fort Duquesne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Washington's eldest half-brother with whom he spent a lot of time after his father's death?
2. How many children did Washington and Martha have of their own?
3. Who was the artist who painted Washington's portrait that appears on American currency?
4. What event occurred which sent shockwaves through the colonies after the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses?
5. Which of the following did Washington NOT provide for his slaves?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)