|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses for the second time, Washington and several other men met secretly and agreed to ______________________.
(a) Tax tea.
(b) Meet with the King of England.
(c) Establish a local government.
(d) Cease all imports.
2. Washington's father had _______________ children with Washington's mother.
3. Which of the following did Washington NOT provide for his slaves?
4. What was the greatest impact on Washington's life regarding his father's death?
(a) He had a bad reputation.
(b) He had to take care of his mother.
(c) He could not go to boarding school.
(d) He had no one to look up to.
5. What was the French stronghold in the Ohio Valley?
(a) Fort Duquesne.
(b) Fort Lafayette.
(c) Fort Beaulieu.
(d) Fort Orleans.
6. In 1774, Washington was one of several Virginia delegates to attend the first ________________________.
(a) Boston Tea Party.
(b) House of Burgesses.
(c) Fairfax Consortium.
(d) Continental Congress.
7. What event occurred which sent shockwaves through the colonies after the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses?
(a) The Battle of Bunker Hill.
(b) Paul Revere's Ride.
(c) The Continental Congress.
(d) The Boston Tea Party.
8. How long was Washington able to hold Manhattan after the British began their offensive?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) Four months.
(d) One month.
9. What was the fort that Washington and his men used in the campaign against the French in 1754?
(a) Fort Benning.
(b) Fort Necessity.
(c) Fort Freedom.
(d) Fort Austerity.
10. On July 4, 1775, Congress created the _________________________.
(a) Thirteen states.
(b) Continental Army.
(c) Declaration of Independence.
(d) Bill of Rights.
11. Washington found himself deeply in debt because of his extravagant lifestyle and the ______________________.
(a) Purchase of field slaves.
(b) Taxes levied on the colonists by the British.
(c) Sale of part of Mount Vernon.
(d) Loss of his inheritance.
12. In the Fall on 1755, Washington was made supreme commander of all military forces in _______________.
(c) South Carolina.
13. By what nickname was Washington's stepson, John Parke Custis, known?
(d) John Boy.
14. Washington was an accomplished __________________.
15. The British soldiers overwhelmed Washington's men on Long Island, taking advantage of a gaping hole in their defenses along ________________________.
(b) Jamaica Pass.
(d) Long Island Sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington pursued a career as a/an ___________________ when his mother denied his joining the Royal Navy.
2. The people of which states continued to support the British during the Revolutionary War?
3. George and Martha Washington married in January of what year?
4. How old was George Washington when his father died?
5. Which of the following did NOT plague Washington after the Battle of Saratoga?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)