|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which battle took place the day after the Battle of Trenton?
(a) The Battle of Syracuse.
(b) The Battle of Richmond.
(c) The Battle of Princeton.
(d) The Battle of Albany.
2. On the night of September 14-15, five British ships dropped anchor in ___________________, demolishing American defenses.
(a) Sheepshead Bay.
(b) Oyster Bay.
(c) Algonquin Bay.
(d) Kip's Bay.
3. Why would Washington feel inadequate around people all his life?
(a) The lack of a formal education.
(b) He started to go bald at an early age.
(c) He was so much taller than everyone else.
(d) He had wooden teeth.
4. The people of which states continued to support the British during the Revolutionary War?
(a) New York and New Jersey.
(b) South Carolina and Virginia.
(c) New Jersey and North Carolina.
(d) New York and Virginia.
5. How many resolutions were presented in #46?
6. What was Washington's demeanor during the time his portrait was painted?
(a) Gregarious and inclusive.
(b) Withdrawn and shy.
(c) Joyful and generous.
(d) Moody and elusive.
7. George Washington grew up in which state?
8. Where did the British troops go after Washington's army drove them out of Boston?
(d) New York.
9. Two Northern generals who played an important part in Washington's future were Nathanael Greene and _______.
(a) George Morgan.
(b) James Brandywine.
(c) Henry Knox.
(d) Philip Lafayette.
10. In the Fall of 1777, Washington wasted men and ammunition in attempting to take a British stronghold called _____________________.
(b) Chew house.
(c) Danbury Creek.
(d) Saratoga Springs.
11. Which river did Washington and his men cross during the night for a surprise attack on a Hessian garrison in Trenton?
(a) The Delaware River.
(b) The Hudson River.
(c) The Princeton River.
(d) The Trenton River.
12. Washington was quite social and was often the center of attention with ________________.
13. In 1765, to defray war costs, Parliament enacted the _____________________.
(a) Stamp Act.
(b) American Federation Act.
(c) Boston Tea Party.
(d) Declaration of Independence.
14. Washington was a distinguished soldier in the _______________________.
(a) Battle of Brandywine.
(b) Road to Richmond.
(c) French and Indian War.
(d) Chadwick Campaign.
15. Washington's father had _______________ children with Washington's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington found himself deeply in debt because of his extravagant lifestyle and the ______________________.
2. Which fort was Washington forced to watch the British decimate, forcing his troops to surrender?
3. Washington met with ____________________ who presented him with resolutions to be presented to the Fairfax County committee.
4. Why was Jacky Custis not motivated to get an education?
5. Who was George Washington's mother?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)