|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which army did Washington join in 1754?
2. In the Fall on 1755, Washington was made supreme commander of all military forces in _______________.
(c) South Carolina.
3. Who was George Washington's mother?
(a) Marie Patrice Johnson.
(b) Mary Johnson Bell.
(c) Justine Ellen Fairfax.
(d) Celine Marie Beaulieu.
4. In which New Jersey city did Washington and his men spend the winter of 1777?
5. Washington was an accomplished __________________.
6. Which of the following did Washington NOT provide for his slaves?
7. Which office did Washington run for and win?
(a) A seat on the Richmond, Virginia, town council.
(b) A seat in the Frederick County House of Burgesses.
(c) Governor of Virginia.
(d) Mayor of Cornwall.
8. In what month and year was the portrait of George Washington painted?
(a) December, 1789.
(b) March, 1793.
(c) April, 1799.
(d) July ,1776.
9. Why would Washington feel inadequate around people all his life?
(a) He was so much taller than everyone else.
(b) The lack of a formal education.
(c) He had wooden teeth.
(d) He started to go bald at an early age.
10. On which piece of American currency does George Washington's picture appear?
(a) The one dollar bill.
(b) A quarter.
(c) The twenty dollar bill.
(d) A silver dollar.
11. Who was the artist who painted Washington's portrait that appears on American currency?
(a) Gamble Stockstill.
(b) Gerard Stillwell.
(c) Giles Simonson.
(d) Gilbert Stuart.
12. Who did Washington decide to marry?
(a) Sally Fairfax.
(b) Elizabeth Lafayette.
(c) Martha Custis.
(d) Jane Hemings.
13. What was the greatest impact on Washington's life regarding his father's death?
(a) He had to take care of his mother.
(b) He had a bad reputation.
(c) He had no one to look up to.
(d) He could not go to boarding school.
14. Washington looked to his home as a way of creating for himself the appearance of a_______________________.
(a) Rigid slave owner.
(b) Political candidate.
(c) Wealthy plantation owner.
(d) Military man.
15. In 1765, to defray war costs, Parliament enacted the _____________________.
(a) Boston Tea Party.
(b) American Federation Act.
(c) Stamp Act.
(d) Declaration of Independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington was born to a family of men who ____________________.
2. Washington would spend the rest of his life in the role of ___________________________.
3. Washington's seat in the House of Burgesses gained him __________________________.
4. What did Washington do with a copy of the Declaration of Independence when it arrived when he was in New York with his troops?
5. Who was the first husband of Washington's wife?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)