Short Answer Key
Prelude: The Portrait Artist and Part 1, The Frontiersman: Chpaters 1-8
1. What does Ron Chernow base this book on George Washington?
Washington's newly discovered papers.
2. Who was the artist who painted Washington's portrait that appears on American currency?
3. On which piece of American currency does George Washington's picture appear?
The one dollar bill.
4. What was Washington's demeanor during the time his portrait was painted?
Moody and elusive.
5. In what month and year was the portrait of George Washington painted?
6. Who was George Washington's father?
7. Who was George Washington's mother?
Mary Johnson Bell.
8. How many children did Washington's father have with his first wife?
9. Washington's father had _______________ children with Washington's mother.
10. George Washington grew up in which state?
11. How old was George Washington when his father died?...
This section contains 2,732 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)