Prelude: The Portrait Artist and Part 1, The Frontiersman: Chpaters 1-8
1. What does Ron Chernow base this book on George Washington?
(a) Martha Washington's journals.
(b) Washington's newly discovered papers.
(c) Washington's archived presidential documents.
(d) Papers of Washington's generals.
2. Who was the artist who painted Washington's portrait that appears on American currency?
(a) Gerard Stillwell.
(b) Giles Simonson.
(c) Gamble Stockstill.
(d) Gilbert Stuart.
3. On which piece of American currency does George Washington's picture appear?
(a) The twenty dollar bill.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A silver dollar.
(d) The one dollar bill.
4. What was Washington's demeanor during the time his portrait was painted?
(a) Withdrawn and shy.
(b) Moody and elusive.
(c) Gregarious and inclusive.
(d) Joyful and generous.
5. In what month and year was the portrait of George Washington painted?
(a) July ,1776.
(b) March, 1793.
(c) December, 1789.
(d) April, 1799.
6. Who was George Washington's father?
(a) George Washington Sr.
(b) James Washington.
(c) John Washington.
(d) Augustine Washington.
7. Who was George Washington's mother?
(a) Mary Johnson Bell.
(b) Marie Patrice Johnson.
(c) Celine Marie Beaulieu.
(d) Justine Ellen Fairfax.
This section contains 4,132 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)