|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Fraunces' response to Willy's tale about her past?
(a) He offers her a job at the tavern.
(b) He says she should start wearing dresses.
(c) He says he does not believe her.
(d) He says she should go back to her family's farm.
2. What does Willy scream at Captain Ivers?
(a) He is Satan.
(b) He is not her owner.
(c) He is responsible for the lives of his slaves.
(d) He allowed her mother to die.
3. What does Mr. Fraunces tell Willy to do?
(a) Help the cook clean the pots and pans.
(b) Go to his office.
(c) Go and care for the horses.
(d) Help Horace unload the wagon.
4. Why is Jack in trouble with Captain Ivers?
(a) For keeping Lucy in the cellar.
(b) For hitting the Captain.
(c) For leaving the estate to travel to New York.
(d) For lying.
5. What example set by Horace does Willy say she'll do?
(a) Save all her money.
(b) Be polite to white folk.
(c) Say her evening prayers.
(d) Go to church every Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Willy hesitant about pursuing the information Mr. Goodrich brings?
2. What does Willy realize about Horace as they are talking?
3. What is the "Queen's Head"?
4. Where is the woman that Willy talked to when she and Horace return to Canvas Town?
5. Why does Willy reveal that she's a girl to Horace?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)