|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy start doing once everyone knows she is a girl?
(a) Wearing female clothing again.
(b) Going to church.
(d) Taking advantage of Horace's protectiveness.
2. To whom does Willy know she should write?
(a) No one.
(b) Aunt Betsy.
(c) Captain Ivers.
(d) Mrs. Ledyard.
3. Whom does Willy mention when Mr. Fraunces questions her?
(a) Her father.
(b) Jack Arabus.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Captain Ivers.
4. What does Horace think about Willy that is not true?
(b) Willy is a boy.
(c) Willy is a runaway slave.
(d) Willy really has some money.
5. In what month is there word that the British have officially lost the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to the prisoners?
2. Mr. Goodrich says he can help Willy with _____________.
3. What does Willy do when she is sent to buy sweets for the tavern?
4. What college do Willy and Mr. Goodrich pass on the way to the courthouse?
5. How does the boy suggest Willy get into the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Fraunces send Willy to the dock in April?
2. What does Mr. Goodrich want when he asks for Willy in the tavern one day?
3. Why does Willy want to go to Canvas Town and how does she trick Horace in going with her?
4. What does Willy learn from the woman when Willy returns to Canvas Town with some money?
5. How do the British treat the American prisoners who are disembarking from the prison ships?
6. What happens that makes Willy hang up a horse blanket in her part of the loft where she sleeps?
7. How does Willy end up telling Mr. Fraunces the entire truth about herself?
8. What tips does Horace give Willy about lying when Willy lies about why she has no money?
9. What is Willy trying to decide in the search for her mother?
10. What does Willy continue to do in Chapter 11?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)