|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the British finally leave New York?
(a) Right after their surrender.
(b) Not until the next winter.
(d) The next Fall.
2. Who brings Lucy to Stratton?
(b) Mr. Goodrich.
(c) Dan Arabus.
(d) Captain Ivers.
3. What does Horace insist upon after learning about Willy being a girl?
(a) Sleeping in separate areas.
(b) Helping her with the heavy work.
(c) Helping her cook.
(d) Willy wearing a dress.
4. What is the young boy who offers Willy a ride carrying?
(a) Stacks of furs.
(b) Bales of straw.
(c) Kegs of ale.
5. Whom does Willy mention when Mr. Fraunces questions her?
(a) Jack Arabus.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Captain Ivers.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Jack say when he sees Willy?
2. Who is Elizur Goodrich?
3. Where does Willy find Uncle Jack?
4. Where is the woman that Willy talked to when she and Horace return to Canvas Town?
5. What does Willy fear Mr. Fraunces will do with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in the courthouse when Willy goes up before the judge.
2. What is Willy trying to decide in the search for her mother?
3. How does Willy end up telling Mr. Fraunces the entire truth about herself?
4. How does Mr. Fraunces respond to what Willy tells him?
5. What does Willy's Uncle Jack say when Willy finds him in the barn?
6. Why does Willy decide to stay dressed in britches?
7. How do the British treat the American prisoners who are disembarking from the prison ships?
8. How does Willy get into an uncomfortable situation with Horace because he thinks she is a boy?
9. What does Mr. Goodrich want when he asks for Willy in the tavern one day?
10. What happens that makes Horace uncomfortable when he takes Willy to the kitchen of the Queen's Head for a meal?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)