|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy do when she is sent to buy sweets for the tavern?
(a) Buys herself something also.
(b) Asks to buy the tarts that are malformed for a discount.
(c) Studies over how the sweets are made.
(d) Shakes the bag and eats the sugar that falls off the pastries.
2. When do the British finally leave New York?
(b) The next Fall.
(c) Right after their surrender.
(d) Not until the next winter.
3. How does Horace end up going with Willy to Canvas Town?
(a) Mr. Fraunces tells him to go with Willy.
(b) She begs him while crying.
(c) She suggests he is too scared to go with her.
(d) She pays him her weekly salary.
4. Why can't many of the prisoners walk?
(a) Injuries due to frostbite.
(b) They are too weak.
(c) They have lost limbs.
(d) They are not used to moving.
5. What sort of rumors are flying about in Chapter 11?
(a) The British have won the war.
(b) George Washington is dead.
(c) King George is coming to America.
(d) The war is about to end.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy fear Mr. Fraunces will do with her?
2. What does Aunt Betsy realize that Uncle Jack does not?
3. From where is Mr. Goodrich?
4. Where had Lucy been during the Revolutionary War?
5. What is the "Queen's Head"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willy trying to decide in the search for her mother?
2. How does Willy get into an uncomfortable situation with Horace because he thinks she is a boy?
3. What does Willy learn from a woman to whom she speaks in Canvas Town?
4. What does Willy continue to do in Chapter 11?
5. What does Willy learn from the woman when Willy returns to Canvas Town with some money?
6. How does Mr. Goodrich question Willy concerning her freedom papers, and what does he urge her to do?
7. Describe Canvas Town.
8. How long has Willy's father been dead, and how is Willy feeling about her life?
9. How does Willy plan to get her letter delivered to her aunt Betsy?
10. What does Willy's Uncle Jack say when Willy finds him in the barn?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)