|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't many of the prisoners walk?
(a) They are too weak.
(b) They have lost limbs.
(c) Injuries due to frostbite.
(d) They are not used to moving.
2. What does Willy decide to pretend?
(a) Her family lives in the city.
(b) She is a boy.
(c) She can return home whenever she wants.
(d) Her father is still alive.
3. Where is the woman that Willy talked to when she and Horace return to Canvas Town?
(a) In a tent dead.
(b) She has disappeared.
(c) In a tent delirious with fever.
(d) Selling alcohol she has made.
4. What does Aunt Betsy realize that Uncle Jack does not?
(a) Willy is willing to risk capture.
(b) Lucy might live if she sees Willy.
(c) Willy has become very mature.
(d) Willy must see her mother.
5. What does Willy start doing once everyone knows she is a girl?
(a) Taking advantage of Horace's protectiveness.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Wearing female clothing again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Fraunces' response to Willy's tale about her past?
2. What does Willy do when she feels guilty for spending her money foolishly?
3. What does Willy notice about the Queen's Head?
4. Why is the judge angry at Captain Ivers?
5. Who is Elizur Goodrich?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willy plan to get her letter delivered to her aunt Betsy?
2. Describe the scene in the courthouse when Willy goes up before the judge.
3. Describe Canvas Town.
4. Why does Willy decide to stay dressed in britches?
5. Why does Willy want to go to Canvas Town and how does she trick Horace in going with her?
6. What happens that makes Willy hang up a horse blanket in her part of the loft where she sleeps?
7. What is happening about peace talks starting in April of 1782?
8. Why does Mr. Fraunces pay both Willy and Horace, and why does Willy have trouble saving her pay?
9. What does Willy have to decide about seeing her mother, and why might it be dangerous?
10. How does Willy get a letter written to her aunt Betsy?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)