|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Horace work?
(a) Willy's uncle Jack.
(b) General Cornwallis.
(c) Sam Fraunces.
(d) Captain Ivers.
2. What does Mr. Goodrich tell Willy when he comes to the tavern?
(a) Her father's farm is being sold.
(b) Her mother died the year before.
(c) Her mother is with Aunt Betsy.
(d) Her mother is in Virginia.
3. Why doesn't Willy go to help get her uncle out of jail?
(a) The lawyer says she could come if she had some money.
(b) The lawyer does not want her to do so.
(c) She has no decent clothes to wear.
(d) She is afraid of being enslaved.
4. What does Mr. Fraunces tell Willy about the tavern?
(a) He is taking on a new manager.
(b) He is selling it.
(c) He is expanding.
(d) She is welcome to return there any time.
5. What does Willy learn from the woman she first encounters in Canvas Town?
(a) Her mother works in the rich section of New York.
(b) Willy's mother had been there but was traveling home.
(c) The woman knows Willy's mother.
(d) Her mother has married a British soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willy say she has no money to get to New York?
2. What does Willy notice about the Queen's Head?
3. What example set by Horace does Willy say she'll do?
4. What is Mr. Fraunces' response to Willy's tale about her past?
5. Why does Willy reveal that she's a girl to Horace?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)