|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Horace suggest that Willy say about having no money?
(a) She gave it all to her father who beat it out of her.
(b) Her mother demanded it for food for her brothers.
(c) She was sick and had to pay for medicine.
(d) She got drunk, fell asleep, and was robbed.
2. What does Horace say Willy needs to improve?
(a) Her ability to lie convincingly.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her stamina.
(d) Her riding abilities.
3. How do people make temporary housing in Canvas Town?
(a) They just sleep out in the open.
(b) Stacking piles of wood.
(c) Stacking bales of straw.
(d) Stretching sailcloth.
4. What does Horace say when Willy tells him goodbye?
(a) He wants to go with her.
(b) He wants her to marry him.
(c) He is glad she is a girl.
(d) He wishes she were a boy.
5. What are in abundance at Canvas Town?
(b) Injured soldiers.
(d) Drunks and poor people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy notice about the Queen's Head?
2. How does Horace end up going with Willy to Canvas Town?
3. In what month is there word that the British have officially lost the war?
4. What does Willy fear Mr. Fraunces will do with her?
5. What is a Canvas Town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Fraunces respond to what Willy tells him?
2. What does Willy's Uncle Jack say when Willy finds him in the barn?
3. How does Willy plan to get her letter delivered to her aunt Betsy?
4. What does Willy learn from a woman to whom she speaks in Canvas Town?
5. Why does Willy want to go to Canvas Town and how does she trick Horace in going with her?
6. Describe Canvas Town.
7. What tips does Horace give Willy about lying when Willy lies about why she has no money?
8. What does Mr. Goodrich want when he asks for Willy in the tavern one day?
9. How does Willy feel about what Mr. Goodrich tells her?
10. What is Willy trying to decide in the search for her mother?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)