Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Queen's Head"?
(a) A promontory near what is now Ellis Island.
(b) The tavern Mr. Fraunces owns.
(c) A promontory on the Hudson River.
(d) A boarding room for young black females.
2. What does Willy try to do at first when speaking to Mr. Fraunces?
(a) Lie completely.
(b) Refuse to talk.
(c) Cry to get his sympathy.
(d) Tell him half truths.
3. What are being used to house prisoners?
(a) Warehouses at the wharf.
(b) The insane asylums.
(c) Churches and sugar houses.
(d) Homes of people loyal to England.
4. What does Willy do when she is sent to buy sweets for the tavern?
(a) Asks to buy the tarts that are malformed for a discount.
(b) Studies over how the sweets are made.
(c) Shakes the bag and eats the sugar that falls off the pastries.
(d) Buys herself something also.
5. Why doesn't Willy go to help get her uncle out of jail?
(a) She has no decent clothes to wear.
(b) The lawyer does not want her to do so.
(c) The lawyer says she could come if she had some money.
(d) She is afraid of being enslaved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy fear Mr. Fraunces will do with her?
2. Why does Mr. Fraunces pay Willy and Horace?
3. What does Willy notice about the Queen's Head?
4. When do the British finally leave New York?
5. What does Horace say is the key to telling lies?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)