|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Horace suggest that Willy say about having no money?
(a) She gave it all to her father who beat it out of her.
(b) She was sick and had to pay for medicine.
(c) She got drunk, fell asleep, and was robbed.
(d) Her mother demanded it for food for her brothers.
2. What does Willy decide to pretend?
(a) She is a boy.
(b) Her family lives in the city.
(c) Her father is still alive.
(d) She can return home whenever she wants.
3. How does Horace end up going with Willy to Canvas Town?
(a) She begs him while crying.
(b) She suggests he is too scared to go with her.
(c) She pays him her weekly salary.
(d) Mr. Fraunces tells him to go with Willy.
4. Why does Mr. Fraunces send Willy to the docks?
(a) To find a British officer who is a friend of Mr. Fraunces.
(b) To look for her mother.
(c) To buy fish.
(d) To draw a picture of the surrender of the British.
5. Why does Willy end up telling Mr. Fraunces the entire truth of her past?
(a) She gets too entangled in her lies.
(b) She feels hopeless.
(c) He forces her to at knifepoint.
(d) She decides she trusts him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are in abundance at Canvas Town?
2. What does Willy scream at Captain Ivers?
3. From where is Mr. Goodrich?
4. What would stop Willy from reaching the city?
5. What does Willy do when she is sent to buy sweets for the tavern?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Fraunces respond to what Willy tells him?
2. Why does Willy decide to stay dressed in britches?
3. What does Willy learn from the woman when Willy returns to Canvas Town with some money?
4. What does Willy learn from a woman to whom she speaks in Canvas Town?
5. How do the British treat the American prisoners who are disembarking from the prison ships?
6. How does Mr. Goodrich question Willy concerning her freedom papers, and what does he urge her to do?
7. What happens that makes Willy hang up a horse blanket in her part of the loft where she sleeps?
8. How does Willy end up telling Mr. Fraunces the entire truth about herself?
9. What does Willy continue to do in Chapter 11?
10. How does Willy get into an uncomfortable situation with Horace because he thinks she is a boy?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)