|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willy find Uncle Jack?
(a) In the chicken coop.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the kitchen of his small shack.
2. What does Willy start doing once everyone knows she is a girl?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Wearing female clothing again.
(d) Taking advantage of Horace's protectiveness.
3. Where does Aunt Betsy take Willy?
(a) To a small shack in the woods.
(b) To a small shack on the river.
(c) To the cellar where her mother is.
(d) To the stables.
4. What are in abundance at Canvas Town?
(b) Drunks and poor people.
(d) Injured soldiers.
5. What would stop Willy from reaching the city?
(a) She does not know the area well enough to know the best way.
(b) The bridge is held by the British.
(c) Circling to the North will take a couple days.
(d) No money for the ferry.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Willy know she should write?
2. In what month is there word that the British have officially lost the war?
3. What does the woman want in exchange for more information about Willy's mother?
4. How does Willy feel in her home at the tavern?
5. What college do Willy and Mr. Goodrich pass on the way to the courthouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willy learn about her mother's last three years?
2. Describe Canvas Town.
3. What is Willy trying to decide in the search for her mother?
4. How does Mr. Fraunces respond to what Willy tells him?
5. What does Willy's Uncle Jack say when Willy finds him in the barn?
6. What does Willy have to decide about seeing her mother, and why might it be dangerous?
7. How does Willy get a letter written to her aunt Betsy?
8. Why does Mr. Fraunces pay both Willy and Horace, and why does Willy have trouble saving her pay?
9. What tips does Horace give Willy about lying when Willy lies about why she has no money?
10. What does Mr. Goodrich want when he asks for Willy in the tavern one day?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)