|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most people say about the female prisoners on the ships?
(a) They were not brought back from England.
(b) They were left in Virginia.
(c) They will be the last to be released.
(d) There are none.
2. For whom does Willy say she works?
(a) The American general.
(b) Sam Fraunces.
(c) No one.
(d) The British general.
3. Who is Elizur Goodrich?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A baker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
4. Why does Willy hang a horse blanket in the loft?
(a) To help keep the loft warm.
(b) As decoration.
(c) She catches Horaces peeking at her while she is dressing.
(d) To block out the light from the stables.
5. How does Willy feel in her home at the tavern?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy start doing once everyone knows she is a girl?
2. Why does Willy think she should search Canvas Town?
3. What does Willy try to do at first when speaking to Mr. Fraunces?
4. What does Willy scream at Captain Ivers?
5. What is Mr. Fraunces' response to Willy's tale about her past?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willy get a letter written to her aunt Betsy?
2. How does Horace suggest Willy get into New York City?
3. How does Mr. Goodrich question Willy concerning her freedom papers, and what does he urge her to do?
4. Why does Willy decide to stay dressed in britches?
5. What happens that makes Horace uncomfortable when he takes Willy to the kitchen of the Queen's Head for a meal?
6. What does Willy learn about her mother's last three years?
7. Describe Canvas Town.
8. Describe the scene in the courthouse when Willy goes up before the judge.
9. What tips does Horace give Willy about lying when Willy lies about why she has no money?
10. What is happening about peace talks starting in April of 1782?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)